Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,943Posts
    • 34,465Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 99
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Jun 17, 2:21 AM
    • 25,378 Posts
    • 299,044 Thanks
    davemorton
    Lib Dems are loosing their deposits all over the place.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Jun 17, 2:40 AM
    • 25,378 Posts
    • 299,044 Thanks
    davemorton
    The conservative who just got in for Renfrewshire East seems a bit odd. Just my opinion.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • scottishshortie
    • By scottishshortie 9th Jun 17, 2:43 AM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 16,172 Thanks
    scottishshortie
    The conservative who just got in for Renfrewshire East seems a bit odd. Just my opinion.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    The Converatives getting back in Scotland is odd full stop and on that note I'm off to bed night DM
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Jun 17, 2:43 AM
    • 25,378 Posts
    • 299,044 Thanks
    davemorton
    Mrs. May could not wear more red if she tried.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Jun 17, 2:52 AM
    • 25,378 Posts
    • 299,044 Thanks
    davemorton
    Right bed for me, night anyone left.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 9th Jun 17, 3:07 AM
    • 13,469 Posts
    • 139,960 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Have I missed everyone? Just had a quick catch up

5 foods I would not eat - well I guess being vegan makes it easy for me

Meat
    Fish
    Anything Dairy including cheese
    Eggs
    Honey

Prior to going vegan, I would eat anything - never wanted to try oysters, snails or frogs legs but would eat cockles, whelks, etc and squid, any meat, and fish, loved black pudding, white pudding, haggis, very smelly cheeses, etc
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98 Nov £62.96 Dec £43.46 Jan £68.88 Feb £86.58 Mar X Apr £52.73 May X June £94.72 July £52.13/£100
    NSD Oct 18 Nov 16 Dec 21 Jan 16 Feb 19 Mar 19 Apr 20 May 16 June 19 July 14/16
    eBay Oct £116.33 Nov £76.71 Dec £60.96 Jan £71.28 Feb £24.12 Mar £104.04 Apr £10.75
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 9th Jun 17, 5:23 AM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 83,484 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May

Completed Race for Life 25 June 2017

A huge thankyou to everyone who sponsored me
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Jun 17, 6:13 AM
    • 4,644 Posts
    • 48,968 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 43.91

• tbw
    • By tbw 9th Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 4,718 Posts
    • 53,559 Thanks
    tbw
    I wish it was a good morning but it looks like the start of a rocky ride!
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th Jun 17, 6:38 AM
    • 2,171 Posts
    • 23,224 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning.....lovely blue skies....
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • altojack
    • By altojack 9th Jun 17, 7:00 AM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    Pah! Newcastle won!

There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 103
    In 44 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 9th Jun 17, 7:13 AM
    • 3,242 Posts
    • 30,281 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    I hope it is only a bug, as everyone I have spoken to think I'm pregnant

I'm not, I hope

Thanks everyone, we were going to bank it and give it him back when he needed it later on.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Ah we could do with a elite baby its been all grandchildren lately

Nothing. I wouldn't charge my adult kids to live at home. If I needed the money, I could only charge the extra it costs for them being here. As we can manage without them contributing, I couldn't take any money off them.

If utility bills were £120 for 2 people they wouldn't be £180 for 3 as the extra costs of one more person aren't that high. So if you did charge someone on that basis you would be making a profit on them being with you.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Dd paid £20 a week it was like getting blood out of a stonenow she is running her own house she often says what was I thinking when I thought £20 a week was a lot of money we paid it into her nest egg fund that she doesn't know exists again like others have said it was to help teach her about paying your own way etc.

Need to go to adsa tomorrow, ran out of fizz for the weekend.
    Said no one ever in our house
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jun 17, 7:18 AM
    • 18,261 Posts
    • 193,858 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning all, sunny here.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Jun 17, 7:25 AM
    • 9,472 Posts
    • 107,064 Thanks
    emerald21
    windy time in Chester and Norfolk

At least you had a safe haven with the church
    Originally posted by HILLBERN

Yes thank goodness I dread to think what I could have done if I had been trapped on a bus

Good Morning all is
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Jun 17, 7:30 AM
    • 9,472 Posts
    • 107,064 Thanks
    emerald21
    More than likely, with the alcohol, he was with a stag do, police are putting him on the next flight home. Even the people he was with said he deserves to be sent home.

She has gone with a group of 12 girls on hen do, she had a good talking too before she left, don't go anywhere on your own, don't do this, be careful doing that!! Omg she was 25 last week and was telling off like a 12 year old
    Originally posted by fernie1
    I said to my son be careful and watch your back .He s going to Benidorm for a few days and he s 38
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Jun 17, 7:52 AM
    • 9,472 Posts
    • 107,064 Thanks
    emerald21
    Oh I don't think he is overly tall more a case of the others being quite short The MP lives close to us and DD1 was in the same year at school as his son and they went to prom in the same Limo. So I can tell you he is not very tall
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Good old Nellie knows everything
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 9th Jun 17, 8:04 AM
    • 888 Posts
    • 8,660 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Morning all - why does it rain dirty here - can hardly see out of the windows now.

Got a cuppa and going to have a read back.

xx
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    • 25,378 Posts
    • 299,044 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all. It's Friday
    • scottishshortie
    • By scottishshortie 9th Jun 17, 8:34 AM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 16,172 Thanks
    scottishshortie
    Good morning from a sleepy S'S
    Lidl offers from the 15th are
    Wild Rocket and Aubergine 45p
    Onions and Baking Potatoes 45p Kg

Weekend offers 17th and 18th are
    Californian Zinfandel £2.99
    Multivitamin Juice 49p 1st
    Italian Secco Bianco £3.39
    Roast and ground coffee 99p
    Yoghurt drink 750g 59p

Zzzzzzz
    • scottishshortie
    • By scottishshortie 9th Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 16,172 Thanks
    scottishshortie
    Also for TM and Marmite
    This weekend it's cheese laundry detergent and dishwasher tablets
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,924Posts Today

8,216Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin