Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,868Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 960
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 16th Sep 17, 5:55 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,634 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Touche eclat-ed my face & hopefully my dark circles are filled in
    Eye lashes curled & mascaraed

I'm ready to meet my prince

Weather has been dry all day But I'm wearing sandals so I'm sure it will chuck it down as I clomp up the drive to hotel
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Sep 17, 6:00 PM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,468 Thanks
    mhoc
    Something else to add to a potential Waitrose list

http://www.alodrink.co.uk/tryalo/tryalowithwaitrose/

Only one bottle in my store had a try me free collar but I don't think you need it. You just scan the receipt and fill in the form, upload the receipt scan and you can either have a cheque or have your £2 put straight into your paypal account
    Its in the chilled drinks section

So
    alo £2 (TMF)
    ocean spray wholeberry £3 (TMF and/or shopimum)
    coffee £2 free
    magazine £2 free
    weekend newspaper £2 free

that's £11 to start with even before you work on what else to get to use your conditional spend voucher
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Sep 17, 6:00 PM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    used 7 apg's on ss today (2 shops 3/4) took me ages to put numbers through but all worked ok.
    then on to manned till, i fold my apgs with receipt inside it so they are in order, why do some sa's insist on mixing them up i gave him 4 and he shook the receipts out of the apgs mixing them up. i said you do know you have to get the correct apg with the right receipt. he said he knows which one. i seen him scan the wrong one and of course 2 were rejected. a lot of messing about but got it down to one. i said just give me everything back and i can check the receipt for which one did not go through.
    outcome was, i paid £4.50 for my shopping instead of £1.10
    not so bad as i got the 2 beers on there awaiting £3.30 cos cb
    end of outing my wife had used 1 apg (bless her) i used 10 successfully. totalling about £24. not bad for litter.
    still got the one £3 odd to use
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Something else to add to a potential Waitrose list

http://www.alodrink.co.uk/tryalo/tryalowithwaitrose/

Only one bottle in my store had a try me free collar but I don't think you need it. You just scan the receipt and fill in the form, upload the receipt scan and you can either have a cheque or have your £2 put straight into your paypal account
    Its in the chilled drinks section

So
    alo £2 (TMF)
    ocean spray wholeberry £3 (TMF and/or shopimum)
    coffee £2 free
    magazine £2 free
    weekend newspaper £2 free

that's £11 to start with even before you work on what else to get to use your conditional spend voucher
    Originally posted by mhoc
    has the newpaper got a value? ive never noticed it. (oops i thought you meant their newspaper, as thats called weekender i think. now realise you mean the one free with a £10 spend)
    Last edited by zippydooda; 16-09-2017 at 6:09 PM.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 6:09 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    From darkside
    Chicago Town deep dish pepperoni pizzas Chicago Town deep dish pepperoni pizzas (2 x 160g) was £2.00 now £1.00 @ Waitrose

TESCO DIRECT DEALS
    Fisher price jumperoo (space saver) - £12.50 (RRP £75) instore @ Tesco - Salisbury

Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin Gold 500ml bottle £1.00 @ Asda instore and online
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Am I on ignore again bubbs? This was the beer I was asking about earlier wondering how the 20% off works at Ts and whether it would be cheaper to buy there but no one has answered.

Hobgoblin gold £1 bottle in As

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wychwood-brewery-hobgoblin-gold-500ml-bottle-100-asda-instore-and-online-2791599

The 20% off 4 bottles is still on in Ts, it's showing as £1.65 bottle there, I've not taken on board the finer details of the glitch but guess this will work out well on comparison if bought at Ts?
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Does that mean the goblin gold would work out 67p bottle at Ts if it compares £1.65 to £1 at As as the 20% is coming off before?
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Sep 17, 6:10 PM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,468 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also in waitrose I got for Greenjim - these were on an end of aisle display and nowhere near the correct sections - cereal on the top shelf and toms on the bottom, with an assistant I would never have found them

Special k 500g GJ - £1.49 but 70p cashback

Cirio chopped toms x4 GJ and PYO - £1.77 but 90p cashback
    ( and not the whole toms like I nearly did)

another 2 useful items
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • CM66
    • By CM66 16th Sep 17, 6:12 PM
    • 472 Posts
    • 2,651 Thanks
    CM66
    used 7 apg's on ss today (2 shops 3/4) took me ages to put numbers through but all worked ok.
    then on to manned till, i fold my apgs with receipt inside it so they are in order, why do some sa's insist on mixing them up i gave him 4 and he shook the receipts out of the apgs mixing them up. i said you do know you have to get the correct apg with the right receipt. he said he knows which one. i seen him scan the wrong one and of course 2 were rejected. a lot of messing about but got it down to one. i said just give me everything back and i can check the receipt for which one did not go through.
    outcome was, i paid £4.50 for my shopping instead of £1.10
    not so bad as i got the 2 beers on there awaiting £3.30 cos cb
    end of outing my wife had used 1 apg (bless her) i used 10 successfully. totalling about £24. not bad for litter.
    still got the one £3 odd to use
    Originally posted by zippydooda

Is there a way to still put them through on SS? must have totally missed that but would help as I've got a few £19 ones from Aussie shops
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Sep 17, 6:12 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,759 Thanks
    bubbs

Touche eclat-ed my face & hopefully my dark circles are filled in
    Eye lashes curled & mascaraed

I'm ready to meet my prince

Weather has been dry all day But I'm wearing sandals so I'm sure it will chuck it down as I clomp up the drive to hotel
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Have a nice evening x
    Am I on ignore again bubbs? This was the beer I was asking about earlier wondering how the 20% off works at Ts and whether it would be cheaper to buy there but no one has answered.
    No but i didnt answer cause i didnt know
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Does that mean the goblin gold would work out 67p bottle at Ts if it compares £1.65 to £1 at As as the 20% is coming off before?
    yes, you will get the full price comparison, and the 20% as its not seen by bm, (if its in the offer)
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,468 Thanks
    mhoc
    has the newpaper got a value? ive never noticed it. (oops i thought you meant their newspaper, as thats called weekender i think. now realise you mean the one free with a £10 spend)
    I could not see a Saturday Times today - possibly me being dim so I got the Observer and its an OMG price of £2.90
    Lets see how we get on - usually its Times or Telegraph at the weekend and Guardian online during the week
    (in truth though the newspaper pile grows on the dining room table until a wet afternoon and I try and plough through them all
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Can anyone else get on my picks please?
    My sister just rang me she got coupons
    Originally posted by bubbs
    i cant as my phones in the kitchen on charge
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Sep 17, 6:23 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,759 Thanks
    bubbs
    i cant as my phones in the kitchen on charge
    idiot
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 16th Sep 17, 6:23 PM
    • 2,763 Posts
    • 40,170 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    Good Evening

I hardly ever find wombles at Sada, maybe 1 per month if I'm lucky but I do find quite a few in Lidl's carpark which is nowhere near Sada

Neither me nor DH get any Waitys conditional spends. I had one set about a year ago but nothing since
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Sep 17, 6:24 PM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Is there a way to still put them through on SS? must have totally missed that but would help as I've got a few £19 ones from Aussie shops
    Originally posted by CM66
    i posted this a week or so ago, still got to keep under £20

How I find it best to do apgs on ss
    Scan shopping
    Do not go to another screen stay in shopping mode
    Press key in code
    Enter apg bc press enter
    Scan receipt or enter receipt bc if you have to
    Go to payment screen.
    No sa needed I paid ok.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 16th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,422 Thanks
    emerald21
    yes, it was me last night.
    And yes I should have put it on the Waitrose list instead of getting my carton from Sainsbobs last night

I suppose I could still get a carton for OHs shopimum from waitrose even if I cant do the tmf again - still not too bad for £1 a litre and they have a good use by dates
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Why can't you do the tmf again ?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 6:38 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    yes, you will get the full price comparison, and the 20% as its not seen by bm, (if its in the offer)
    Thanks zippy

Think there are a few OHs that like goblin gold.

I won't be going as Mr TS gets free beer now, don't ask there was a big upfront cost, well hopefully an investment.

PS if ever you are down this way I'll get him to take you for a pint.
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 16-09-2017 at 6:40 PM.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,468 Thanks
    mhoc
    Why can't you do the tmf again ?
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Its one per household.

Mind you I think I have Eldest childs bank details so I could just direct the try me free money into her account ...
    Yes I might as well do this ...
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Sep 17, 6:45 PM
    • 12,063 Posts
    • 132,053 Thanks
    Anon
    Vue to tickets for 250 Nectar each through MyMail:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vue-cinema-ticket-for-250-nectar-points-worth-125-normally-valid-any-day-until-31-december-through-mymail-website-2791215

Hth

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 16th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    • 26,037 Posts
    • 303,783 Thanks
    davemorton
    Know there are some strange people on here that prefer pepsi to coke, so from hukd
    24 pack of Pepsi/Diet Pepsi/Pepsi Max/Pepsi Max Cherry at Costco, £5.39 (inc VAT) - 22p a can!

And for people with taste
    30 cans of Coke/Diet Coke/Coke Zero instore at Costco - £7.18 (inc VAT) - 24p a can!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 16th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    • 2,818 Posts
    • 28,270 Thanks
    pippo
    Know there are some strange people on here that prefer pepsi to coke, so from hukd
    24 pack of Pepsi/Diet Pepsi/Pepsi Max/Pepsi Max Cherry at Costco, £5.39 (inc VAT) - 22p a can!

And for people with taste
    30 cans of Coke/Diet Coke/Coke Zero instore at Costco - £7.18 (inc VAT) - 24p a can!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    People are strange,(good Doors song) and I am one of them!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

2,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin