Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,164Posts
    • 34,869Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 958
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 2:38 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I have been having an e-mail conversation with waitrose all week about why my husband isn't getting mailings. This morning's e-mail claims that it is only one person per household and since I get them, he can't. Anyone got proof to the contrary ?
    Originally posted by janed9388
    Could be something in that as thinking back I don't think me or Mr TS have ever had conditional spends from waities at the same time, he got his waities card first as even though I requested one in my name first it was sent with his name on , they thought when I phoned this was because he already had a JL account registered to our address and at the time I didn't. So then one was requested for me received few weeks later.

Originally he was the one who got sent conditional spends which we used, I started to use my card to get the my picks and then I started to get conditional spends and he hasn't had any as far as I can remember since I have been getting them except for the one from JL with his last coffee and cake mailing back in the summer. He hasn't been getting any mailings from waities even though as I said he has in the past, I just thought it is because he (we) stopped using his card...
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 16th Sep 17, 2:40 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,634 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Sun creams are all scanning cheaper than SEL in Ts.

Those posh ones scan at £9

Those small pocket size Niveas scan at £1.06

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• wendyak
    • By wendyak 16th Sep 17, 2:45 PM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 37,569 Thanks
    wendyak
    PLUS AA Breakdown cover gets you 20% off food and drink.cheapest policy £39.00 and £10 CB on quidco £10.00 = £11.50 M&B evouchers too Use 20% for £150 food etc in a year and your in profit, equates to less than £12.50 a month.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    I use the 20% off all the time as its for loads of places and as it includes drinks too its often better value
    than the vouchers they send in email xx
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 2:47 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Sure that will help someone i have 6 blocks that will last till at least xmas
    Originally posted by bubbs
    That's not enough for a cheese fridge.

Locarr might mean the essentials back bacon that has gone down to new lower price of £2.19 from £2.99. That makes it £1.75 pack on picks for 10 rashers smoked or unsmoked.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 2:49 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Sun creams are all scanning cheaper than SEL in Ts.

Those posh ones scan at £9

Those small pocket size Niveas scan at £1.06

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    That has reminded me Snap I saw on HUKD that P20 was half price in Primark not sure what size it was but think it was cheaper than £9. I'll try and find it.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 2:51 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Here we go reported as £5 for 100ml

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/p20-100ml-sun-protection-spf-152030-spray-5-primark-2789587

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Sep 17, 2:52 PM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    I have been having an e-mail conversation with waitrose all week about why my husband isn't getting mailings. This morning's e-mail claims that it is only one person per household and since I get them, he can't. Anyone got proof to the contrary ?
    My wife and I both get the coffee coupon and an offer of getting a credit card. Spend £500 on it by the end of October and get a £20 gc
    But if there are any con spends I get them but not the wife
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 2:55 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Also been mentioned ridiculously cheap Nivea sun tan in Co Ops worth a look if you go near one.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nivea-sun-cream-various-factors-available-co-op-church-road-tranmere-60-70p-2790579

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nivea-sun-spray-spf20-200ml-reduced-from-699-to-70p-coop-instore-hove-2789289

I must not add to my stash, having not had a holiday abroad this year I am still over stocked.

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Sep 17, 2:55 PM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Just been looking think the best buy on cheddar from my picks at the moment is either:

Seriously Strong Extra Mature or Seriously Strong Vintage 350g,

Both £1.48 if added to picks as already on half price offer this week.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Is that a new pack size please
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 3:00 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    My wife and I both get the coffee coupon and an offer of getting a credit card. Spend £500 on it by the end of October and get a £20 gc
    But if there are any con spends I get them but not the wife
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I got that £20 gc one got excited until I read the small print, didn't have my glasses on.

Seems to be a theme here, as same with Mr and Mrs Anon and us...

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Is that a new pack size please
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Sorry no it's not, you are right the Vintage is 300g not 350g, I really do need my glasses round my neck.

Thanks I will go edit my post..

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,727 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I use the 20% off all the time as its for loads of places and as it includes drinks too its often better value
    Originally posted by wendyak
    I don't have AA, but I do have the code screen shot on my phone which is used all the time, it runs out at the end of the year!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 16th Sep 17, 3:19 PM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 37,569 Thanks
    wendyak
    I don't have AA, but I do have the code screen shot on my phone which is used all the time, it runs out at the end of the year!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    some places around here require the card too !
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 16th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 1,882 Posts
    • 20,101 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Yup, I got it purely for the 20% The cheapest deal possible, my RAC expires Next year, will need to compare then.
    The 6 pack of Yazoo for free a good one for an example, say you could get loads, pay £1.40 after voucher and get £2.30 evoucher back. Say you had a heap, buy approx £30 food, 20% AA off = £24, 10ish used to get £23, but cost is actually £14 for £30, less than half price.
    Maybe an extreme example, but we do make a profit on some CS things, also actual Quidco CB for insurances etc.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 16th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 1,882 Posts
    • 20,101 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    some places around here require the card too !
    Don't you keep expired cards , mine just has a joined date, not an expiry lol. keep hands on it and just wave it at them
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,784 Thanks
    bubbs
    That's not enough for a cheese fridge.

Locarr might mean the essentials back bacon that has gone down to new lower price of £2.19 from £2.99. That makes it £1.75 pack on picks for 10 rashers smoked or unsmoked.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Thanks for bacon, did you see when i posted we have just finished the cheese we gt after last xmas, those little block about 70p? i ddint buy many either, didnt freeze it just had in the fridge in the shed, BB was March was fine though
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 16th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 597 Thanks
    Blacklist
    10 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Lemonade (2l)£0.17 £0.17
    1x Head & Shoulders Men Ultra Hair Endurance Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (450ml) £5.00 £3.34
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.11
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    2x Head & Shoulders Men Ultra Total Care Anti-Dandruff 2in1 Shampoo (450ml) £10.00 £6.66
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sweetcorn in Water (326g) £0.35 £0.35
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) £16.03 £11.03
    +£5.00 cheaper

APG was £6.11 against morrison and £6.10 against tesco
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 3:58 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Hobgoblin gold £1 bottle in As

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wychwood-brewery-hobgoblin-gold-500ml-bottle-100-asda-instore-and-online-2791599

The 20% off 4 bottles is still on in Ts, it's showing as £1.65 bottle there, I've not taken on board the finer details of the glitch but guess this will work out well on comparison if bought at Ts?

• tbw
    • By tbw 16th Sep 17, 3:59 PM
    • 4,799 Posts
    • 54,218 Thanks
    tbw
    If its true that would explain why my DH has never had any even though we both joined on the same day. I don't always get them but they are fairly regular (none this time though).
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 4:01 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Does that mean the goblin gold would work out 67p bottle at Ts if it compares £1.65 to £1 at As as the 20% is coming off before?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

718Posts Today

6,414Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin