Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,853Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 957
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 16th Sep 17, 11:04 AM
    • 381 Posts
    • 5,098 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    If you have the £6/£30 Cond Spends

6 x fairy will work out at £12

Still no GJ tho
    Originally posted by locarr
    Thanks for the W guidance guys, backs up most of what is on my list already -great Teamwork!

And off I go in search of the bargains

ChelseaFred
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Sep 17, 11:07 AM
    • 15,026 Posts
    • 182,710 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Thanks for the W guidance guys, backs up most of what is on my list already -great Teamwork!

And off I go in search of the bargains

ChelseaFred
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred
    W are very generous at the moment.

My freezer is full of minced beef, I have tons of washing liquid and still have loads of kitchen roll from years ago..... I need to read/think...
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Sep 17, 11:32 AM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 132,043 Thanks
    Anon
    Can I ask what's GJ ??
    Originally posted by hedgehogqueen
    Green Jinn - another cashback app - currently just offers in S and W.

Hth

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Sep 17, 11:34 AM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 132,043 Thanks
    Anon
    The half price offer on mince looks to have finished its back to the one in the 3 for £10 offer not quite as good deal.

Taylor's ground coffee Italian roast or lazy Sunday work out £1.39 pack if added to your picks. Guardian is good paper to buy as it's £2
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    On a Sunday, The Observer is £3 towards your £10 .

Anon
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,425 Thanks
    mhoc
    Last week I picked up a Times newspaper at £1.60, a coffee and 2 different magazines at £2 each which got my total off to a good start.

I did a mainly cat food shop with Felix Fred ....which might not be any use to you.

However the ecological kitchen towels are worth putting in my picks as is the Essential Cheddar strength 4.

Also look for locarr post on mince....unsure which one it was though.

Have you any coupons you can use?

Check out cashback sites too

It'll take you 2 hours before you can get out the door
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Very true about taking 2 hours to compose a list

I think we are all writing Waitrose lists this morning

So far all I've got is this far - cant decide on what cat food but I seem to need 4 boxes if I can ever decide ....
    4 chopped toms - pyo and GJ
    500g special K £1.49 and GJ
    paper
    coffee
    magazine
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Sep 17, 11:36 AM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 132,043 Thanks
    Anon
    Morning all

Off to W armed with £6/£30 Cond Spends.
    Can anyone give me a quick update on what PYO items to go for, as well as the usual Coffee/Mag/paper?

Might nip into A's as it's near W's too, be rude not to

TIA

ChelseaFred
    They keep sending me £4/£40 - better than nothing but not as good. Mrs Anon receives none, ever, I am not sure why as she uses her card regularly? I get T too and she doesn't - I may need to investigate settings.

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 132,043 Thanks
    Anon
    Did someone say Ocean Spray Wholeberry (Shopm - try for £1 ) is also TMF on the carton or have I read it elsewhere?

If yes £3 in W towards your total.

Bol salad jar is £4 and £4 back on ShopM

Hth

Anon
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 16th Sep 17, 12:19 PM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,421 Thanks
    emerald21
    They keep sending me £4/£40 - better than nothing but not as good. Mrs Anon receives none, ever, I am not sure why as she uses her card regularly? I get T too and she doesn't - I may need to investigate settings.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Has she opted in for mailings ?

Good Afternoon all
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 16th Sep 17, 12:19 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 8,818 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Morning all - Little Sis now arrived from Oz. Other Sis back from Antigua really tanned despite Irma but flying to Boston tomorrow to pick up a cruise along the eastern seaboard. Will be back the week before DDs Wedding.

Cooked a lovely piece of Gammon last night tasted even better as got DTD on it. Went to T's expecting to pay full price but the Elite Fairy waved her wand and hey presto . So nice family get together catching up with each other.

Just back from As and the Lynx deodorants and body sprays no longer on 3 for 2 checked at CS.

xx
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Sep 17, 12:53 PM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,425 Thanks
    mhoc
    Did someone say Ocean Spray Wholeberry (Shopm - try for £1 ) is also TMF on the carton or have I read it elsewhere?

If yes £3 in W towards your total.

Bol salad jar is £4 and £4 back on ShopM

Hth

Anon
    yes, it was me last night.
    And yes I should have put it on the Waitrose list instead of getting my carton from Sainsbobs last night

I suppose I could still get a carton for OHs shopimum from waitrose even if I cant do the tmf again - still not too bad for £1 a litre and they have a good use by dates
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    • 28,606 Posts
    • 410,170 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

A story to tell about Sky

Needed to ring Sky about my account and get a new deal.

Retentions opened 8-45am but thought I wouldn't have time to ring then before mums. I am normally on phone ages and ages

So went mums came home made dinner . Ate dinner then got comfy and rang

Asked for retentions and got told 30 mins or longer wait by robot

Gets ready to listen to carp music

But no need phone was picked up straight away by a nice lady

On phone less than 14 mins and in that time talked about Sky mobile sim only, our Poppy , weather and my Sky account

Outcome paying same as last 18 months free unlimited broadband and just paying £18-99 next 12 months for landline which she could see I don't use. I don't even possess a landline phone.
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Sep 17, 1:10 PM
    • 50,482 Posts
    • 580,669 Thanks
    bubbs
    8 items? Minimum of 10 for me, been caught too many times

ChelseaFred
    I know but knew they all compared v w well and would have if shampoo hadnt been mixed up
    I believe so, but Bubbs is the Waities guru IMHO
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Zippy is good too, i wasnt here
    Last week I picked up a Times newspaper at £1.60, a coffee and 2 different magazines at £2 each which got my total off to a good start.

I did a mainly cat food shop with Felix Fred ....which might not be any use to you.

However the ecological kitchen towels are worth putting in my picks as is the Essential Cheddar strength 4.

Also look for locarr post on mince....unsure which one it was though.

Have you any coupons you can use?

Check out cashback sites too

It'll take you 2 hours before you can get out the door
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Cheese has gone down too £2.50 so not as good buy
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Sep 17, 1:15 PM
    • 50,482 Posts
    • 580,669 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all can someone please explain mullers for me? Can't get my head round it x is there a glitch or good comparsion.

Thank you for you help
    Originally posted by Honeybee1978
    Good comaprison but need to check what t's sell and need to buy 12 in a
    Mince back up to full price now but still PYO
    Cirio Toms half price and PYO still..

Bacon is not a bad one on PYO
    Originally posted by locarr
    Which bacon please
    Reminder for your W shop.

W essentials mature cheddar number 4 strength is £3, 2 for £4.50 and on myP, so £3.30 for 700g if included in your MyP.

Hth

Anon
    Cheese has gone down too £2.50
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Sep 17, 1:16 PM
    • 50,482 Posts
    • 580,669 Thanks
    bubbs

Anon
    I did get them but since changing address nooooooo
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Sep 17, 1:17 PM
    • 50,482 Posts
    • 580,669 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside
    Quaker Oat So Simple Big Bowl Original (10x38g) - Golden Syrup Big Bowl (8x49.6) - Apple & Blueberry Big Bowl Porridge (8 x 47.9) All £1 Each reduced from £2.44 @ Asda
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• janed9388
    • By janed9388 16th Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    janed9388

Anon
    I have been having an e-mail conversation with waitrose all week about why my husband isn't getting mailings. This morning's e-mail claims that it is only one person per household and since I get them, he can't. Anyone got proof to the contrary ?
    • Marmiter
    • By Marmiter 16th Sep 17, 1:56 PM
    • 311 Posts
    • 582 Thanks
    Marmiter
    Hi did the 3 4 2 come off on the receipt.
    tia

Morning all
    Originally posted by gocat
    Yes it did

I really wanted to get toothpaste, but the offer wasn't displayed on the SEL so I panicked and bought a years supply of shower gel instead
    Last edited by Marmiter; 16-09-2017 at 2:00 PM.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 2:30 PM
    • 27,471 Posts
    • 375,760 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I know but knew they all compared v w well and would have if shampoo hadnt been mixed up

Zippy is good too, i wasnt here

Cheese has gone down too £2.50 so not as good buy
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Just been looking think the best buy on cheddar from my picks at the moment is either:

Seriously Strong Extra Mature 350g or Seriously Strong Vintage 300g,

Both £1.48 if added to picks as already on half price offer this week.
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 16-09-2017 at 3:03 PM. Reason: Incorrect pack sizes
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 16th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,627 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Sep 17, 2:37 PM
    • 50,482 Posts
    • 580,669 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just been looking think the best buy on cheddar from my picks at the moment is either:

Seriously Strong Extra Mature or Seriously Strong Vintage 350g,

Both £1.48 if added to picks as already on half price offer this week.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Sure that will help someone i have 6 blocks that will last till at least xmas
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,304Posts Today

8,357Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin