Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,147Posts
    • 34,826Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 955
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 16th Sep 17, 12:24 AM
    • 19,581 Posts
    • 253,591 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Pete Burns
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I did do research, to see if he was in Dead or Alive, before I inaccurately commented that later performance was a cover version.

See, missing context again - I have no clue who is in most bands, even those, like Dead or Alive that, as far as I am aware, I like (perhaps it is the remix producer of their songs that I like?) - unless it was something that I was really interested in, as a narrow and usually temporary interest, then I would not remember it. I know band names and music artists - until around the millenium and then I stop - as it is a blank area there, where I only know increasingly lower charting music - by 2008, I think I was average peak of number 112 in the Top 200, after that, I haven't been anywhere at all - does not chart. But, yes, as far as band names and songs are concerned, I probably have a perfect memory of a lot more than most people (but nearly nothing at all, certainly not popular, from mid-2000s onwards) - or I have a good memory probably only the ones I really like - but don't really know band members. My favourite artists tend not to be bands anyway - a sizeable number of them are DJs or producers with a a featured artist solo singer. Or are "underground" bands that don't make much impact in this country (even though the vast majority that I regularly listen to perform in English, simply because that is the language that I understand so I am biased in that way).

You would never know the research that goes into my posts. To be honest, I don't really care who is performing something (unless I don't like it) - it's whether I can listen to/like the music. Though if you tell me it is a recent (post-1998) pop music artist, I will admittedly probably dislike it or only like it if it is a remix version (or the original if the pop version is a remix - sorry, my tastes just don't seem catered for - it appears to me to be so unfair), preferably a remix that removes their vocals from it as much as possible or completely and absolutely changes them to make them totally unrecognisable to the original that irritates me hugely.

My tastes are hugely unkind sometimes.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 16-09-2017 at 12:32 AM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Sep 17, 12:29 AM
    • 12,060 Posts
    • 132,030 Thanks
    Anon
    Busy watching REM on Sky Arts - they have so many excellent tracks .

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 16th Sep 17, 12:37 AM
    • 26,025 Posts
    • 303,695 Thanks
    davemorton
    Oooo REM, saw them live in Cardiff Arms Park.. think it is called that, red hot day.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 16th Sep 17, 12:38 AM
    • 26,025 Posts
    • 303,695 Thanks
    davemorton
    If I could find the remote, I would put it on.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 16th Sep 17, 12:40 AM
    • 19,581 Posts
    • 253,591 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Busy watching REM on Sky Arts - they have so many excellent tracks .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Reminds me they tried to do a comeback in the 2000s I think and, for me, it just didn't work. I'm sorry, he looked like a pensioner performing and a 70 year old doing those tracks just didn't (for me) work. I only like the original performances of REM, back the way they used to be (and on recordings still are). So, for me, good to very good (I wouldn't say excellent as that's reserved for absolute outstanding - although, put alongside all of today's stuff that I dislike, it will make anything from back then look excellent) - good to very good (and excellent compared to today) tracks from back when (that are still good-excellent now) but, anything recorded after 2000, went down the pan for me as the band presumably continued to be popular. There are bands/artists from 'back in the day' that came back and did good stuff after 2000 - and every one of them sank without trace.

Maybe I am just pessimistic - or it just comes across to me remembered in a skewed way. It just feels like it is this way - I don't really notice much that I dislike sinking without trace - it always (at least when I was out in public and around radio much more often than I am now) seems to get shoved down your throat.

It has been said, even decades ago, that songs can "grow on you". They don't with me - I just dislike them even more! If I "don't really like it", to start with, it's isn't going to grow - I'm just not enthusiastic about it in the first place so I don't have time with it after first listen. Just pick something easier to listen to, and liked, from the outset. In fact, when I listened - loads and all the time - to the radio in the late 1980s/early 1990s (I must have been listening earlier than I thought as I remember a lot of the songs from earlier years when I didn't think I listened much to the radio - but you do hear them around, at least back then, some of them still now) I did used to listen to everything in the charts, even songs that weren't my favourites and would listen all the way through even those that were more of a struggle - but I didn't dislike them - I think, when I am now older, I just haven't got time anymore for things I don't really like. Why not just pick only what you like? Much easier and haven't got time to try to get into anything else which, if truth be told - and ha!, there is the killer as allegiance to truth is the priority for me and I can't claim to be true things I know to be false - I didn't really like much in the first place and still don't really.

It's all personal taste. You like something or you don't (or you are indifferent to it, or something else I haven't thought of). You can't change your tastes.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 16-09-2017 at 12:50 AM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 16th Sep 17, 1:01 AM
    • 19,581 Posts
    • 253,591 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    They will have excellent tracks if they are from the 1990s or before. Every one of them will be excellent!

Just me being cynical again. If it's after 1998, the entire album (if it was pop) will be unlistenable (to me). People tend to say though - if they listen to an album, that there's always one or two tracks they don't like - not so with me though: every track of many albums I hear (none of them mainstream, they work in a certain genre I think, whatever different genres it is). They are absolutely loads of albums that are entirely good tracks throughout and nothing I don't like. In fact, of the albums I have, very few of them have any tracks I don't like. I think the 'issue' is with pop music though - a lot of pop artists I find (from pop music of old) are just so inconsistent. Actually, they seem usually good until their biggest hit and then never do anything good after that. There's two words for this aren't there?: "sell out"! And people that claim artists have 'sold out' - in order words gone mainstream and, therefore impliedly, rubbish - are never believed. However, if it is a certain sound that must just be what I don't like...

I don't craft these things to say that bands have 'sold out'. Even though what I say next will never be believed, and that seems to be so no matter how true it is, I simply like what I like and don't like what I don't. I just turn out not to like things, in advance of them even charting, that later just turn out to be their biggest hit. It's not a set-up by me - I like what I like.

Anyway, nice to be here tonight and I've posted so much - I'd better go and see you later!
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 16th Sep 17, 2:38 AM
    • 379 Posts
    • 5,081 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    Oh more than once but i was being clever getting 8 items but 2 shampoos were the same in the wrong place on the shelf and i didnt check
    Originally posted by bubbs
    8 items? Minimum of 10 for me, been caught too many times

ChelseaFred
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 16th Sep 17, 2:56 AM
    • 379 Posts
    • 5,081 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    Morning all

Off to W armed with £6/£30 Cond Spends.
    Can anyone give me a quick update on what PYO items to go for, as well as the usual Coffee/Mag/paper?

Might nip into A's as it's near W's too, be rude not to

TIA

ChelseaFred
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 16th Sep 17, 6:26 AM
    • 5,038 Posts
    • 52,247 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 64.76

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 16th Sep 17, 7:05 AM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 20,020 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Morning all

Can anyone give me a quick update on what PYO items to go for, as well as the usual Coffee/Mag/paper?

TIA

ChelseaFred
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred
    I believe so, but Bubbs is the Waities guru IMHO
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 16th Sep 17, 7:10 AM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 20,020 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Yazoo! Bless me

CoS & CS have the T 6 pack on for £1 CB and can be claimed 5 times each. Couple of reminders
    They should be in the soft drinks aisle (top shelf in mine), not chilled
    Check BBE date, mine only had 8 days left, but being a non muggle, best before dates are only a guide.
    60p off voucher in T mag

So a net 40p for a six pack, good for packed lunches etc, as don't need to be chilled all the time.

PS Morning

Oh also when cashing out on CS, remember they have boosters where you get a bonus on top of your CB, my fav is M&B dining out 15%, adding AA 20% off too.

https://www.quidco.com/payments/
    https://www.theaa.com/rewards/offers/mitchells-and-butlers.jsp
    Last edited by braveheart60uk; 16-09-2017 at 7:14 AM.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 16th Sep 17, 7:17 AM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 20,020 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Had a glance at morning papers, could only see the Sun with 2 free packs of Walkers crisps at Spar (may be regional), comic paper price 70p
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 16th Sep 17, 7:23 AM
    • 2,909 Posts
    • 44,136 Thanks
    elainemn
    good morning
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 16th Sep 17, 7:43 AM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 44,669 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.
    • Marmiter
    • By Marmiter 16th Sep 17, 7:58 AM
    • 311 Posts
    • 582 Thanks
    Marmiter
    Morning all. Been watching everyone stock up on toiletries for a few weeks now so I finally managed to get to Asda last night. Here are my results

1x ASDA Smart Price Peeled Plum Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g) £0.29 £0.30
    1x ASDA Smart Price Processed Peas (300g) £0.25 N/A
    3x Lynx Clean Fresh Shower Gel (250ml) £4.50 £3.00
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    3x Lynx Refreshed Shower Gel (250ml) £4.50 £3.00
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sparkling Spring Water (2l) £0.17 N/A
    3x Lynx Energised Shower Gel (250ml) £4.50 £3.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g) £0.29 £0.30
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) £14.48 £10.00
    +£4.48 cheaper

Thanks to you all, the kids were really happy with their sweets haha!!
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 16th Sep 17, 8:00 AM
    • 6,395 Posts
    • 84,612 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

I would offer to join you but I wouldn't want muddy shoes.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    One of my other friends said exactly the same last night
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 16th Sep 17, 8:14 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,178 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning lovely peoples

Hope everyone is well, and hugs to those in need

It's great to have you back Savvy, I love reading your posts!

I wish I could do some of the Aussie glitches. Di, you were right - my hair has grown back curly. Well curly at the back and sides, and straight up on top. And I thought you were jesting

Thank you for your comprehensive lists 3 Dogs - and what compassionate work you are doing rescuing poor dogs

Although it's Saturday, I need to go to the hospital for a Radiotherapy session - dogging the cyclists on the pavements!
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    • 28,605 Posts
    • 410,162 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Sep 17, 9:06 AM
    • 27,471 Posts
    • 375,755 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Good morning everyone.

One of my other friends said exactly the same last night
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I think me and your friend would get on really well

Good luck today Sarah, are we sponsoring you to get covered in mud? I'm sorry I missed the link if we are you will have to send it to me x
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Sep 17, 9:06 AM
    • 33,576 Posts
    • 446,872 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning all

TIA

ChelseaFred
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred
    Last week I picked up a Times newspaper at £1.60, a coffee and 2 different magazines at £2 each which got my total off to a good start.

I did a mainly cat food shop with Felix Fred ....which might not be any use to you.

However the ecological kitchen towels are worth putting in my picks as is the Essential Cheddar strength 4.

Also look for locarr post on mince....unsure which one it was though.

Have you any coupons you can use?

Check out cashback sites too

It'll take you 2 hours before you can get out the door
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,844Posts Today

8,575Users online

Martin's Twitter