Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,902Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 950
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Sep 17, 5:47 PM
    • 1,887 Posts
    • 20,142 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Womble today V Morries £3.90 PAG
    2x ASDA Farm Stores Salad Tomatoes (6pk)
    £1.38
    £1.20
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection Organic Leeks (400g)
    £3.20
    N/A
    6x Diet Coke Bottle (1.75l)
    £7.50
    £7.50
    2.89x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg)
    £2.19
    £2.19
    3x Coca-Cola Cans (30x330)
    £22.50
    N/A
    6x Coca-Cola Classic (1.75l)
    £7.50
    £7.50
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each)
    £1.00
    N/A
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (each)
    £0.90
    £0.92
    6x Sprite Original (2lt)
    £6.00
    £6.00
    6x IRN-BRU Original (2l)
    £6.00
    £6.00
    6x Fanta Orange (2l)
    £6.00
    £6.00
    Comparison total (compared products only)
    £37.47
    £37.31
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Sep 17, 5:49 PM
    • 1,887 Posts
    • 20,142 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    thanks for this, I must admit I didn't check the dates - there wasn't a lot of stock on the shelf so I just put mine in the trolley - a bit of paranoia setting in, worried someone else would grab them
    Now I look I have some dated December and some dated September But hopefully Errant son will like them so it wont be a problem if I explain about strict stock rotation

If he doesn't then its more of an issue as food banks like at least a months expiry date.

But it all makes things a bit suspious very low or no stocks in many stores, many short dated packs (much like the free Soreen plastic tubs we had from Asda that were all very short dated) and the MOC in the mag - its like they are using us to shift an over run of stock for them
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Bought mine with the 60p MOC and put them straight in foodbank collection in store, paid £1.40 and when I cash out with M&B evoucher will get £2.30 back
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Sep 17, 5:54 PM
    • 1,887 Posts
    • 20,142 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Today I got Fwee Fwies from El Colonel £1.00
    Fwee 2 boxes chocs from WHSmythe on O3 £4.99 each
    Fwee Sandwich, sausage roll and coughee plus BirthDway Tweet from Gweggies £5.10

All fwee, cost tobuy £16.08 Plus that womble I found £3.90 = £19.98

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Sep 17, 5:54 PM
    • 16,475 Posts
    • 192,871 Thanks
    mhoc
    I've been just catching up on my try me free offers. I got

Primula soft cheese - look for the flashed packs

Ocean Spray wholeberry - in the chilled juice section of Sainsburys, doesn't seem to matter if they are flashed versions. I've been looking in the wrong places on the long life shelves. This is a gob smacking £3 a litre but I uploaded my receipt to shopimums first for £2 cashback

Both of these TMF you can do all online - links are on the MSE Try me Free section.
    Primula first gives you a box to write your opinions on, at least 15 words and then you have to upload a pic of your promotional flashed tube and your till receipt.
    Ocean Spray just needs a scan of your photo and your details.

Both ask for your bank details and your money is refunded directly into your account via BACs - so no more bedraggled cheques lurking in the bottom of your bank awaiting your twice-annual bank visit
    Unless you do want a cheque though as Primula will send you one
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Sep 17, 5:55 PM
    • 16,475 Posts
    • 192,871 Thanks
    mhoc
    Today I got Fwee Fwies from El Colonel £1.00
    Fwee 2 boxes chocs from WHSmythe on O3 £4.99 each
    Fwee Sandwich, sausage roll and coughee plus BirthDway Tweet from Gweggies £5.10

All fwee, cost tobuy £16.08 Plus that womble I found £3.90 = £19.98

Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    A very impressive total

My free WHSmiths chocs had £6 stickers on them
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Sep 17, 6:01 PM
    • 16,475 Posts
    • 192,871 Thanks
    mhoc
    Bought mine with the 60p MOC and put them straight in foodbank collection in store, paid £1.40 and when I cash out with M&B evoucher will get £2.30 back
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    very neat

And plenty of new customer offers with M & B pubs and restaurants plus pay with your Nationwide or First Direct card or any cards you have activated on Quidco High street for an extra bit of cashback
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Sep 17, 6:09 PM
    • 1,887 Posts
    • 20,142 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    very neat

And plenty of new customer offers with M & B pubs and restaurants plus pay with your Nationwide or First Direct card or any cards you have activated on Quidco High street for an extra bit of cashback
    PLUS AA Breakdown cover gets you 20% off food and drink.cheapest policy £39.00 and £10 CB on quidco £10.00 = £11.50 M&B evouchers too Use 20% for £150 food etc in a year and your in profit, equates to less than £12.50 a month.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    • 1,887 Posts
    • 20,142 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Mr T 2 for £7 chocs
    BG from another womble today

2x
    CADBURY ROSES TUB 660G
    - £7.00 † n/a n/a n/a
    MSM show no one else stocks, seems that A doesn't stock any of the 2 4 £7
    • gocat
    • By gocat 15th Sep 17, 6:23 PM
    • 4,853 Posts
    • 53,767 Thanks
    gocat
    Was targetting a vs t but compared against M due to the princes corn beef. All ok though apart from the nectarines.

1x ASDA Farm Stores Salad Tomatoes (6pk) £0.69 £0.60
    2x Princes Lean Corned Beef (200g) £4.98 £4.00
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Back Bacon (250g) £0.99 N/A
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Square Cut Medium Wholemeal Bread (800g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Lynx Dark Temptation Body Spray (150ml) £3.00 £2.00
    1x Lynx You Body Spray Deodorant (150ml) £3.00 £2.00
    2x Rice Dream Rice Milk Alternative Drink Original Uht (1l) £2.76 £2.00
    1x ASDA 15 Mixed Weight Free Range Eggs (15pk) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Nectarines (500g) £0.69 £0.78
    1x Lynx Dry Africa 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (150ml) £3.00 £2.00
    1x Asda SmartPrice ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Middle Bacon (350g) £1.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Cherry Tomatoes (250g) £0.53 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lemon (each) £0.30 £0.30
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) £0.99 £1.00

ETA the 3 for 2 didnt come off on my receipt for the lynx But still got an AGP for £6.95
    Last edited by gocat; 15-09-2017 at 6:38 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 15th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 12,079 Posts
    • 132,204 Thanks
    Anon
    In shopping news....no Yazoos in 2 local T

One had 4 pack version for £1 on offer from £1.60 and it just scanned as milk on the receipt but I didn't get it incase the claim was rejected.

Think the 6 pack must be new stock that hasn't got through to all stores yet.

Dream vouchers work...like a dream really!.....fabulous overages for the brave.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    You did well - I didn't even notice the 4/6 size pack difference when I shopped last night, so bought the 4 packs from the fridge .... which have been rejected today .

Anon
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 16,475 Posts
    • 192,871 Thanks
    mhoc
    And going back to the subject of houses and flats and moving etc

(I can see you all now roiling around the floor and doing your own interpretation now of Edvard Munchs The Scream )

I do have an announcement to make - yes I have been holding back on Big News.

Eldest child and her new OH, only married at the end of March moved into their own first home in the 3rd week of August

(before anyone asks yes I do think madness does run in our family who else but Eldest child would spend 14 months doing wedding preparation stress followed by changing job stress and then 4 months of intense house buying stress )

Their new place is a maisonette - its like a house with a flat downstairs and theirs is the upstairs flat. It is similar in design to their last York flat which was very cosy - they have their own front door and then stairs up to the flat, a living room, bedroom plus a smaller second bedroom (this is virtually unknown where they live to have 2 bedrooms) and a kitchen which leads out onto a little balcony and then metal steps down into their own garden.

It is literally around the corner from their old flat so Eldest childs morning walk to the station is very slightly shorter.

They have an allocated parking place plus visitors passes - her OH has a company car. Eldest child finally and very sadly sold her beloved first car a month back as part of reorganising their budget - it was a very emotional parting, it was the first car she had after passing her test and it came with them down from York when they moved south so lots of happy memories.

They sold some of their furniture before moving as this flat is smaller than the rented one which had one huge open space - sadly no room now for a dining table.

The new house had been someones flat but then they moved in with the BF and rented it out, all immaculately improved but then they decided it was time to sell. Needless to say even though there was no chain involved upwards or downwards they still had huge issues getting things moving and it took 4 months between offer and actually moving in.

Where they live is 45 mins out of London and hideously expensive, flat and houses come on the market and are sold by lunchtime so the estate agents don't even send out email updates as things move so fast - usually.
    Many of their friends are still in rented sharing houses, even in their early 30s - 2 or 3 couples sharing a house, same stage as you are just out of uni and starting out - so Eldest child and her OH were unusual in renting their own flat.
    They were very comfortable in the flat as the landlord only lived next door so he dealt with any problems very quickly and they never had any of the issues they had to deal with before with landlords and letting agents etc.
    But the rent was just short of a thousand a month which was very much wasted money so when the new home came up for sale they just had to go for it. The plan is eventually to go back up to York but in the next couple of years the flat could make them serious money - they plan to make the roof space into proper storage area and do the garden up properly.

So that's my news
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,419 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside
    Pasta maker £4 at ASDA, reduced from £18 instore
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,419 Thanks
    bubbs
    Was targetting a vs t but compared against M due to the princes corn beef. All ok though apart from the nectarines.

1x ASDA Farm Stores Salad Tomatoes (6pk) £0.69 £0.60
    2x Princes Lean Corned Beef (200g) £4.98 £4.00
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Back Bacon (250g) £0.99 N/A
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Square Cut Medium Wholemeal Bread (800g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Lynx Dark Temptation Body Spray (150ml) £3.00 £2.00
    1x Lynx You Body Spray Deodorant (150ml) £3.00 £2.00
    2x Rice Dream Rice Milk Alternative Drink Original Uht (1l) £2.76 £2.00
    1x ASDA 15 Mixed Weight Free Range Eggs (15pk) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Nectarines (500g) £0.69 £0.78
    1x Lynx Dry Africa 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (150ml) £3.00 £2.00
    1x Asda SmartPrice ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Middle Bacon (350g) £1.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Cherry Tomatoes (250g) £0.53 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lemon (each) £0.30 £0.30
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) £0.99 £1.00

ETA the 3 for 2 didnt come off on my receipt for the lynx But still got an AGP for £6.95
    Originally posted by gocat
    And lynx gone back up was £2.50 3 4 2
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,419 Thanks
    bubbs

(I can see you all now roiling around the floor and doing your own interpretation now of Edvard Munchs The Scream )

Eldest child and her new OH, only married at the end of March moved into their own first home in the 3rd week of August

(before anyone asks yes I do think madness does run in our family who else but Eldest child would spend 14 months doing wedding preparation stress followed by changing job stress and then 4 months of intense house buying stress )

Their new place is a maisonette - its like a house with a flat downstairs and theirs is the upstairs flat. It is similar in design to their last York flat which was very cosy - they have their own front door and then stairs up to the flat, a living room, bedroom plus a smaller second bedroom (this is virtually unknown where they live to have 2 bedrooms) and a kitchen which leads out onto a little balcony and then metal steps down into their own garden.

It is literally around the corner from their old flat so Eldest childs morning walk to the station is very slightly shorter.

They have an allocated parking place plus visitors passes - her OH has a company car. Eldest child finally and very sadly sold her beloved first car a month back as part of reorganising their budget - it was a very emotional parting, it was the first car she had after passing her test and it came with them down from York when they moved south so lots of happy memories.

They sold some of their furniture before moving as this flat is smaller than the rented one which had one huge open space - sadly no room now for a dining table.

The new house had been someones flat but then they moved in with the BF and rented it out, all immaculately improved but then they decided it was time to sell. Needless to say even though there was no chain involved upwards or downwards they still had huge issues getting things moving and it took 4 months between offer and actually moving in.

Where they live is 45 mins out of London and hideously expensive, flat and houses come on the market and are sold by lunchtime so the estate agents don't even send out email updates as things move so fast - usually.
    Many of their friends are still in rented sharing houses, even in their early 30s - 2 or 3 couples sharing a house, same stage as you are just out of uni and starting out - so Eldest child and her OH were unusual in renting their own flat.
    They were very comfortable in the flat as the landlord only lived next door so he dealt with any problems very quickly and they never had any of the issues they had to deal with before with landlords and letting agents etc.
    But the rent was just short of a thousand a month which was very much wasted money so when the new home came up for sale they just had to go for it. The plan is eventually to go back up to York but in the next couple of years the flat could make them serious money - they plan to make the roof space into proper storage area and do the garden up properly.

So that's my news
    Yayy its all new homes
    • gocat
    • By gocat 15th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    • 4,853 Posts
    • 53,767 Thanks
    gocat
    And lynx gone back up was £2.50 3 4 2
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Is £3 on post 20. confusing
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 6:57 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,419 Thanks
    bubbs
    Is £3 on post 20. confusing
    Originally posted by gocat
    Yes but then they went down too £2.50 about 2/3 weeks ago but still on 3 4 2, so now they have gone back up and NOT 3 4 2
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 196,120 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    So when does the third new home announcement arrive on here
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 7:10 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,419 Thanks
    bubbs
    So when does the third new home announcement arrive on here
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Will be LEJC next week
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 14,401 Posts
    • 242,882 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Thanks TS

Could only find the Dry Shampoo (40p)

But found Beechams Powders for 48p & a 25p damaged shampoo

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 15th Sep 17, 7:37 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,786 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

So that's my news
    Congratulations to them both mhoc. I hope they are settling in well.

DD and her BF are in a similar situation with rent money, it just makes sense to be buying their own, it's just slightly more than they were paying but I think slightly less than what the landlord wanted to put up the rent to. This was only notified to them in August so it's all been timed well.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

16Posts Today

3,205Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin