Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,868Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 945
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Sep 17, 8:44 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,468 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all - yet more rain in the night and everything still wet and dripping outside

I've been just checking my Quidcos clicksnappy and yesterdays purchases have all been confirmed

My accounts this morning have a 0 above the beer picks.

The milkshakes have changes to £1 off a pack, up to five purchases allowed ie half price but with the mag MOCs - even better - good for adding to a shop to the target t use a conditional spend.

My store yesterday must have been one of the very few with yahoo stocks. Not sure if Errant son is going to appreciate little milk shake bottles but if not these will be good for the food bank trolley.

My store though didn't have the 40 packs of pant liners, oddly just 2 empty outer cardboard sleeves and no space where they might have been. The girl filling this section though said they would be coming in today, not a lot of use though as the offer finished last night. OH said its probably an end of line item they are just clearing stocks of as the other packs on the section were in 56 pack sizes
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,468 Thanks
    mhoc
    On the minus side I've just checked COS and on both the milkshakes have gone to confirmed.
    On my app one beer but so far the other beer is still pending and on OHs both beers are pending .... a bit worrying as everything has already gone to confirmed on COS.

Also looking at the list the 2 beers are still showing as being available - is that correct, has everyone got this - can you actually buy them again?

Or will they disappear off the list this morning?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 15th Sep 17, 8:54 AM
    • 3,451 Posts
    • 17,723 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Will be doing an Aussie shop today! Excited am I but could you please explain in some of the comparisments, there's only 7 Aussie items? Was thinking it should be in 3,6,9 etc ? In threes, I'm clearly getting something wrong, thank you, good morning everyone x
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    Can anyone hrlp please?? Off in a few minutes tia
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Sep 17, 8:56 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,468 Thanks
    mhoc
    Good morning all, lovely day here at the moment. Hoping it holds out for a while as the lawns are desperate for a mow, haven't had chance for a while. Problem is they are currently rather too wet!

Fantastic

I will think of you whilst packing for my holiday
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    We have this problem with the grass as well plus the old petrol mower has died so OH is in a quandary about replacing it - whether to get another electric one or to get a petrol one - this is mainly for the paddock at the back, the 2 smaller lawns he happily wonders up and down with the old fashioned push mower, if and when it ever dries out ...

Most of the sales for gardening equipment were on at the back end of August when we were away or not fixating on lawn mowers
    - plus this old petrol mower must be at least 10 years old, I cant see the modern mowers lasting as long as that
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 9:00 AM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,759 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Just heard something going in the tubes in London, stay safe people xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 15th Sep 17, 9:10 AM
    • 3,451 Posts
    • 17,723 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Parsons green tube station explosion.
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 15th Sep 17, 9:12 AM
    • 4,169 Posts
    • 44,681 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Friday.

As if the morning school run isn't bad enough, but one of my boys wouldn't hurry up and kept the car door open too long and in got a wasp. Could I get it out? No. I had to resort to spraying the car with wasp killer and driving to the schools with the boys on wasp watching duty. I'm home now, have filled the car again with wasp killer so hope it is dealt with.

Now I need a very strong coffee.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Sep 17, 9:28 AM
    • 1,881 Posts
    • 20,095 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Fwee Fwies Fwiday
    FFF at El Colonel with app today, cannot be combined with other offers
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Sep 17, 9:30 AM
    • 1,881 Posts
    • 20,095 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3
    Last day to get Fwee Chocs at WHSmythes travel shops.
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 15th Sep 17, 10:00 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    tpwl66
    ohhh gone so quiet on here, everyone must be watching the parsons green explosion, lets hope everyone is ok, stay safe if anyone out & about today xx off to get me some aussies xx
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 15th Sep 17, 10:17 AM
    • 3,265 Posts
    • 31,267 Thanks
    Picasso7
    You are welcome. Check the small print as from the comments it does not appear to include any parts, but is that normal as we have never had boiler cover?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Nor have I!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 15th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Why is the aussies purchased in batches of 7s if on three 4 two?? Surely its better to get in 3s or am i missing something?? Tia
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    I'm confused as well.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 15th Sep 17, 10:33 AM
    • 4,843 Posts
    • 53,700 Thanks
    gocat
    Morning all
    Just heard something going in the tubes in London, stay safe people xx
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Oh eeek got 2 sisters and my DS work in london . DS just message me he is walking towards kings x station (goes to Cambridge at times).

Morning all
    • gocat
    • By gocat 15th Sep 17, 10:35 AM
    • 4,843 Posts
    • 53,700 Thanks
    gocat
    Why is the aussies purchased in batches of 7s if on three 4 two?? Surely its better to get in 3s or am i missing something?? Tia
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    Probably just a mistake by CF
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 15th Sep 17, 10:38 AM
    • 3,451 Posts
    • 17,723 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Probably just a mistake by CF
    Originally posted by gocat
    It was seen on various shops so must be a reason .
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Sep 17, 10:41 AM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,634 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

Absolutely pouring down, The neighbour behind has had the same washing on her line for over a week now
    I would dearly love to climb the walls between & take it in. It must be rotting
    They have bigger priorities - their daughter is getting married tomorrow, relatives arriving from Ireland today. They have spent this week decorating the house. Talk about last minute

Lovely family - we are going to the evening do. But I've had to buy a new outfit as had planned summery, but now going Autumnal Need to find my long trousers ... still
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 15th Sep 17, 10:43 AM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    good morning all...

Anon....re the BG boiler check...we have had them done a few times on ours at home....they are similar to what is generally called a gas safety check that has to be done annually on a rented property with gas appliances.....the cost of a gas safety check (cp12) is usually about £60 plus vat so in essence thats how much the freebie might be worth.

A couple of things to mention are that it wont include any parts of costs of any work that they find necessary on the boiler and will also probably recommend the installation of co2 monitors and or smoke/heat detectors,again these are only recommendations so do not need to be purchased from them or installed by them...but in a rental they are now considered as standard add ons.

Is it worth it...well thats up to you it's a bit like an MOT a snapshot at a particular time but unless your boiler is old or temperamental theres usually not that much to worry about...or indeed if you need a service to keep the warranty up to date.....its surprising how many domestic households do not have a boiler service annually but I guess its personal choice.
    If you do go on to request one then its usually over and done with in the space of about half an hour
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Sep 17, 10:43 AM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,634 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Queenriderbrekke was yesterday's smartest player!

21 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Friday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag

Our Family Motto ~

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,468 Thanks
    mhoc
    Postie brought Always freebie samples - think it was on one of the Freebie websites very recently - very useful for putting into the side pockets of the packing case - always ready for anything

With it came a £1 MOC valid until 31/12/2017 for always discreet liners for sensitive bladders
    These are on offer for £1.50 in various places including Boots so 50p after MOC - I am whittling down a gift voucher
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,634 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

1,830Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin