Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,162Posts
    • 34,869Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 943
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 14th Sep 17, 9:37 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    tpwl66
    Hi curlgirl, can you buy in multiples of 6 or 9 of the same e.g Aussie or aveeno ? Not been on here for sometime, but also clean out of toiletries, these are comparing against Waities, am I right, so which shop should I purchase from, & would it be with the normal 10 other items, sorry a bit rusty with all this, Hi everyone, hope your all keeping well Xx 😘
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Sep 17, 9:38 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,762 Thanks
    bubbs
    SSM what veg aare you not supposed to have?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,762 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi curlgirl, can you buy in multiples of 6 or 9 of the same e.g Aussie or aveeno ? Not been on here for sometime, but also clean out of toiletries, these are comparing against Waities, am I right, so which shop should I purchase from, & would it be with the normal 10 other items, sorry a bit rusty with all this, Hi everyone, hope your all keeping well Xx ��
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    You can buy aussie in 9's will give apg just under £20 you need 10 DIFFERENT items to be on the safe side
    Im not sure about aveeno on how many to buy for size of aog as not done it
    Last edited by bubbs; 14-09-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Sep 17, 10:05 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,721 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hubby was helping me make the bed............theres a first and he banged his head twice
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I will not comment, I will be good..... ooh it is hard....

SSM what veg aare you not supposed to have?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Your calorie intake is supposed (I think) to be majority of oils, then shell fish, fish, a little meat and a little veg.

There was a spurious claim that research into this diet had had significant impact on Alzheimers... suggesting that it had reversed the illness. I have searched for the research, but not found it.

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 14th Sep 17, 10:07 PM
    • 2,912 Posts
    • 44,156 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning.

Have any of you coming off the BGas Fix made decisions on who you are moving to? Although they are unknown and reviews, aren't brilliant on the energy club blurb, I am considering 1resa as it is a 12 month fix with no penalty (so I can switch again if they mess up/something cheaper comes along). Has anyone found a cashback incentive to switch or a better deal? Maybe one of the other comparison sites through TCB/Q would be a better route. My thinking is the gas and electric will come through no matter who is supplying it, and you are protected by the regulator if they mess up.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Hi Anon,
    I have been with Irisa since Jan. No problems except if you do not put readings in, they do not bill you and you get interest on your credit. I did have an initial issue as they only set up my electic originally and failed to sort this up for a couple of months. They did extend the contract for a few months because of this so getting the cheaper price until next May.
    Last edited by elainemn; 15-09-2017 at 6:41 AM.
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 14th Sep 17, 10:08 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    tpwl66
    Aww savvy sal, so so sorry to here you sad news, let's hope 4th round helps you Xx big tight heartfelt hugs to you Xx 😘
    • gocat
    • By gocat 14th Sep 17, 10:10 PM
    • 4,843 Posts
    • 53,700 Thanks
    gocat
    I will not comment, I will be good..... ooh it is hard....

Your calorie intake is supposed (I think) to be majority of oils, then shell fish, fish, a little meat and a little veg.

There was a spurious claim that research into this diet had had significant impact on Alzheimers... suggesting that it had reversed the illness. I have searched for the research, but not found it.

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    What was the programme called please. Will try to find on catch up
    tia
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Sep 17, 10:11 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,721 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    What was the programme called please. Will try to find on catch up
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Sorry, no idea. It was on ITV between the two episodes of Emmerdale.

January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 14th Sep 17, 10:17 PM
    • 4,843 Posts
    • 53,700 Thanks
    gocat

Ah ok. Found it. Called Tonight
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    • 26,038 Posts
    • 303,783 Thanks
    davemorton

Fat: The Healthy Option? Tonight
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Sep 17, 10:21 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,721 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    ah ok. Found it. Called tonight
    Originally posted by gocat
    fat: The healthy option? Tonight
    Originally posted by davemorton
    It is a massive change in thinking
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 14th Sep 17, 10:36 PM
    • 3,799 Posts
    • 72,473 Thanks
    Chrisv
    A v W

1x Jordans Frusli Raisins & Hazelnuts Chewy Cereal Bars (6x30g) £1.99 £1.00
    1x Jordans Frusli Cereal Bars Blueberry Burst (6x30g) £1.99 £1.00
    1x Jordans Frusli Juicy Red Berries Chewy Cereals Bars (6x30g) £1.99 £1.00

1x Cadbury Crunchie Blast Ice Creams (3x100) £2.25 £1.25

1x Actimel Multifruit Yogurt Drinks (12x100) £3.50 £1.80
    1x Actimel Strawberry & Blueberry Yogurt Drinks (12x100) £3.50 £1.80
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Sep 17, 10:48 PM
    • 26,038 Posts
    • 303,783 Thanks
    davemorton
    Ooooo, QT is back
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Sep 17, 10:49 PM
    • 12,063 Posts
    • 132,053 Thanks
    Anon
    Cheers anon, their website is shocking, I cant find out the cost of different plans.
    ONlyone I can find it..............Sign up today with a 1p activation and try us risk-free for the first 30 days! After that you'll pay £65.88 every 12 months -- breaks down to only £5.49 per month!................and dont fancy risking it. They also have an app that looks worth looking into.
    Yes, sign up with that SIM plan then immediately downgrade when it arrives. It works as the offer with only 1p activation is cheaper than their normal free sim plus postage . , I have two as spares. The second one I downgraded as soon as the despatch email came through.

Hth

Anon
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 14th Sep 17, 10:53 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    tpwl66
    Ahh! Thanks Bubbs x making myself a little list of toiletries for tomorrow, just hope it's still glitching, my house is full of girls, who seem to live in the shower & bathroom, need a second mortgage just to keep up with the way they use toiletries, use it like it's going out of fashion xx
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Sep 17, 10:57 PM
    • 26,038 Posts
    • 303,783 Thanks
    davemorton
    Yes, sign up with that SIM plan then immediately downgrade when it arrives. It works as the offer with only 1p activation is cheaper than their normal free sim plus postage . , I have two as spares. The second one I downgraded as soon as the despatch email came through.

Hth

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    How do you find calls on it, with it being VOIP? As that is what it will be mainly used for?
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 14th Sep 17, 11:13 PM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 20,987 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    Good morning all...

It's not often that I do a midweek toiletry update but the glitch got the better of me yesterday so I need to declare 6 in....3 hand washes and 3 aveeno,none of which I actually needed but considering it all worked out at just over £1 with the use of coupons I think it needed to be done.

But that will be my only dip into the toiletry glitch for the foreseeable future.......

I have one of those nothing to do days today...I had things planned but they are not working out so here I am.....billy no mates today!

Have a lovely day all.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Can I please ask, can I buy the hand wash (assuming its the pears) and the Aveeno, in the same shop? thanks for the help
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Sep 17, 11:16 PM
    • 26,038 Posts
    • 303,783 Thanks
    davemorton
    Can I please ask, can I buy the hand wash (assuming its the pears) and the Aveeno, in the same shop? thanks for the help
    Originally posted by Sunflower1227
    I could be wrong, as have not taken part, but if they are both in the 3 - 4 - 2, then no, as it will discount the cheapest.
    Are they both in the 3-4-2?
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 14th Sep 17, 11:17 PM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 20,987 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    I could be wrong, as have not taken part, but if they are both in the 3 - 4 - 2, then no, as it will discount the cheapest.
    Are they both in the 3-4-2?
    Thats what I thought Dave, thanks
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Sep 17, 11:24 PM
    • 26,038 Posts
    • 303,783 Thanks
    davemorton
    Blimey she got blanked! (QT)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

356Posts Today

4,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin