Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,157Posts
    • 34,837Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 939
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 14th Sep 17, 1:48 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    I'm ploughing through a mountain of internet surveys this afternoon and one has really sparked my interest....it's titled What are the main influences of your meal planning?

my answer in short is the choice available in the reduced cabinet!
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 14th Sep 17, 1:59 PM
    • 4,386 Posts
    • 84,599 Thanks
    izzeyb
    The muller toffee yogurt with golden hoops is now showing as the halloween muller, both in description and picture.

The Toffee yogurt with hoops may well be missing from the apg now.

Last edited by izzeyb; 14-09-2017 at 2:03 PM.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 14th Sep 17, 2:13 PM
    • 2,718 Posts
    • 33,447 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    who's going to be the 1st elite to post a pic of having the new £10 note.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Not me I only use Wombles or C/Cards, never carry cash.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Sep 17, 2:26 PM
    • 5,041 Posts
    • 52,295 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good afternoon.

Just to add to yesterday's 'real butter' list, Lidl is currently 1.23 slightly salted; 1.33 unsalted. 250g pack size.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 14th Sep 17, 2:43 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    who's going to be the 1st elite to post a pic of having the new £10 note.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    SO Zippy....does the smiley face indicate you might have one....go on give us a look.....
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Sep 17, 2:50 PM
    • 5,041 Posts
    • 52,295 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    any recommendations for car insurance? both mine and husbands both due in 2 weeks, looked at admiral multicar and its double what we would pay normally £1100!! I don't think so! I thought that may have worked out cheaper! husbands seems to have gone up around 40 quid this year and mine has doubled........no accidents/incidents either! currently with esure AARRGGHHH doing my nut in lol
    Originally posted by sarahskint

This car insurance business all seems extremely random. I am with esure and when it came to renewal I checked everywhere, but remaining with esure turned out to be the cheapest option even with their £30 price hike on my policy.

Other companies wanted over £100 more, so I've stayed put for what is now the fourth year running.

I did think about de-selecting the legal expenses component to restore the price to last year's, but I had a chat with them about this and they said it covers you for no-fault incidents with uninsured drivers, so I've kept it on just in case.

When I moved here 5 yrs ago my existing insurance doubled - presumably the urban effect - but the following year I went with esure which promptly halved it again. So even at increases of £30 a year it will take a good few years for it ever to reach £550 again.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Sep 17, 2:53 PM
    • 50,480 Posts
    • 580,628 Thanks
    bubbs
    a v t
    1x Blue Dragon Oyster & Spring Onion Stir Fry Sauce (120g) £0.62 £0.50
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • underperky
    • By underperky 14th Sep 17, 2:57 PM
    • 5,051 Posts
    • 62,806 Thanks
    underperky
    Hope you feeling better soon AJ
    JTS hope your scan goes well
    Sal thinking of you
    • underperky
    • By underperky 14th Sep 17, 3:00 PM
    • 5,051 Posts
    • 62,806 Thanks
    underperky
    Truly Madly slumberdown mattress toppers £10 at Tosco hth
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 14th Sep 17, 3:37 PM
    • 2,761 Posts
    • 40,155 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    This car insurance business all seems extremely random. I am with esure and when it came to renewal I checked everywhere, but remaining with esure turned out to be the cheapest option even with their £30 price hike on my policy.

Other companies wanted over £100 more, so I've stayed put for what is now the fourth year running.

I did think about de-selecting the legal expenses component to restore the price to last year's, but I had a chat with them about this and they said it covers you for no-fault incidents with uninsured drivers, so I've kept it on just in case.

When I moved here 5 yrs ago my existing insurance doubled - presumably the urban effect - but the following year I went with esure which promptly were lved it again. So even at increases of £30 a year it will take a good few years for it ever to reach £550 again.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Seren, I would always have legal cover. I have had to use it twice over the years when third parties ran into me.

In one case they claimed it was my fault even though they ran into the back of me and legal team were invaluable. The third party finally backed down but it took a year and a lot of pressure.

The other time they intervened when insurers wanted me to take my car to London for repairs which was miles away.

I love money saving but would never skimp on this
    • aau1
    • By aau1 14th Sep 17, 3:42 PM
    • 18,793 Posts
    • 323,525 Thanks
    aau1
    Would be handy if our Tesco had any in stock
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Mine had none on display at all

I asked a guy restocking shelves and he said "oh they were discontinued but I think they sent us some back in and we've just not put it back out yet"

He went out back to check and brought out 4 crates of each flavour.
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • aau1
    • By aau1 14th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    • 18,793 Posts
    • 323,525 Thanks
    aau1
    4 pack of Cirio chopped tomatoes are £1.77 in W and on PYO bringing them down to £1.42

but there is also 90p cb on GJ to bring them down to 52p
    • aau1
    • By aau1 14th Sep 17, 3:58 PM
    • 18,793 Posts
    • 323,525 Thanks
    aau1
    is anyone able to log into their nectar accounts?

Several people on their fb page say they are having problems and neither me nor the missus can access our accounts

edit: scratch that, it's all working now
    Last edited by aau1; 14-09-2017 at 4:23 PM.
    • Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 14th Sep 17, 4:12 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 597 Thanks
    Blacklist
    Head & shoulders shampoo 500ml have been moved into the 3 for 2 in my store. I can't test for a couple of days but they should work out at £1.33 each against tesco and morrison but I haven't checked what ones.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Sep 17, 4:17 PM
    • 5,041 Posts
    • 52,295 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    is anyone able to log into their nectar accounts?

Several people on their fb page say they are having problems and neither me nor the missus can access our accounts
    Originally posted by aau1

Mine's OK.

• aau1
    • By aau1 14th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    • 18,793 Posts
    • 323,525 Thanks
    aau1
    Mine's OK.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    It seems to be sorted for me too now
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    • 5,041 Posts
    • 52,295 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Seren, I would always have legal cover. I have had to use it twice over the years when third parties ran into me.

In one case they claimed it was my fault even though they ran into the back of me and legal team were invaluable. The third party finally backed down but it took a year and a lot of pressure.

The other time they intervened when insurers wanted me to take my car to London for repairs which was miles away.

I love money saving but would never skimp on this
    Originally posted by Busylizzie

Thank you for this, it is nice to know that it does what it says. I'm in the very fortunate position of never having had to make a claim for any reason, well not since the late 70s anyway, so I wasn't sure whether it was just one of those money-spinning add-ons.

• locarr
    • By locarr 14th Sep 17, 4:31 PM
    • 7,777 Posts
    • 138,008 Thanks
    locarr
    4 pack of Cirio chopped tomatoes are £1.77 in W and on PYO bringing them down to £1.42

but there is also 90p cb on GJ to bring them down to 52p
    Originally posted by aau1

with pics...
    got the mince and NCG soup with coupon

and got the bacon to try the Bubbs/westie Bacon and eggs weight loss progam!

Cirio Toms half price and PYO still

Originally posted by locarr

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • aau1
    • By aau1 14th Sep 17, 4:32 PM
    • 18,793 Posts
    • 323,525 Thanks
    aau1

Originally posted by locarr
    I'm struggling to see where you mention GJ.....
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 14th Sep 17, 4:55 PM
    • 6,395 Posts
    • 84,621 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    So last week I didn't feel too well. Couldn't put my finger on it so just rested more than usual. By lunchtime I was in hospital hooked up to one of those heart monitor things I did tell them that my heart felt fine but would they listen . Anyway, they also connected a bag thing to me, saline drip it seems I was dehydrated, very embarrassed about this as I always tell people to drink, drink drink.

I was only in there one day and they let me home in the evening I've learnt my lesson and have made sure I've got a days worth of water in bottles in the fridge, it's just filtered tap water but it's very I don't see the point of paying water bills then buying bottled water, I'm too tight and like the taste of our water

Ok, off for catch-up xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Hope you feel better soon, I dont drink enough water xx

Well my shopping expedition to look for a cardigan ended badly.

I have been to newlook, marks and spencer, dorothy perkins, wallis, warehouse, asda and sainsburys and not one of the shops have cardigans in any other colour but black or grey
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,070Posts Today

4,551Users online

Martin's Twitter