Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,198Posts
    • 34,904Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 935
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Sep 17, 8:11 AM
    • 5,055 Posts
    • 52,419 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Sep 17, 8:15 AM
    • 33,706 Posts
    • 447,865 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Ive used the john frieda shampoo conditioner in shower treatment and blow dry lotion for months now and every one comments on how nice my hair looks!!
    Originally posted by rose28454
    I'm using the shampoo and conditioner now and they are fine....maybe I'm using too much of the lotion....I don't give up easily rose

Is everyone loving the Dream overage in T?

I needed sour cream yesterday for a chilli and popped in after work. I had no money on me but found 20p in the bottom of my handbag.

I used one voucher and got the little pot of sour cream for 10p after using the coupon

What can I get today to spend the other 10p , now safely deposited in my purse.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 33,706 Posts
    • 447,865 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning lovely peoples

Got a cleaner coming in today, so I'm up early to clean and tidy the place up beforehand
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone

You are so very...........British
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Sep 17, 8:20 AM
    • 33,706 Posts
    • 447,865 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    John Lewis profits fall by half.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41264277
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Well that'll be the end of the coffee and cakes

I haven't read back fully but I hope DM and SSM have a lovely time in London together
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 14th Sep 17, 8:23 AM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all...

It's not often that I do a midweek toiletry update but the glitch got the better of me yesterday so I need to declare 6 in....3 hand washes and 3 aveeno,none of which I actually needed but considering it all worked out at just over £1 with the use of coupons I think it needed to be done.

But that will be my only dip into the toiletry glitch for the foreseeable future.......

I have one of those nothing to do days today...I had things planned but they are not working out so here I am.....billy no mates today!

Have a lovely day all.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Sep 17, 8:24 AM
    • 12,080 Posts
    • 132,211 Thanks
    Anon
    Good morning.

Have any of you coming off the BGas Fix made decisions on who you are moving to? Although they are unknown and reviews, aren't brilliant on the energy club blurb, I am considering 1resa as it is a 12 month fix with no penalty (so I can switch again if they mess up/something cheaper comes along). Has anyone found a cashback incentive to switch or a better deal? Maybe one of the other comparison sites through TCB/Q would be a better route. My thinking is the gas and electric will come through no matter who is supplying it, and you are protected by the regulator if they mess up.

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    • 33,706 Posts
    • 447,865 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hartleys Best Jam down to £1 in A

Just in case you don't know what it looks like

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Sep 17, 8:31 AM
    • 33,706 Posts
    • 447,865 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning all...

It's not often that I do a midweek toiletry update but the glitch got the better of me yesterday so I need to declare 6 in....3 hand washes and 3 aveeno,none of which I actually needed but considering it all worked out at just over £1 with the use of coupons I think it needed to be done.

But that will be my only dip into the toiletry glitch for the foreseeable future.......

I have one of those nothing to do days today...I had things planned but they are not working out so here I am.....billy no mates today!

Have a lovely day all.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Morning LEJC.....we have a minimal crossover period

I'm so tempted by the Aveeno too but I've been putting off. I know I'll kick myself if it ends tomorrow.....but it would take me ages to use it. I still haven't worked my way through all the free sachets yet and I have loads of those left
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 14th Sep 17, 8:33 AM
    • 3,313 Posts
    • 30,952 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning all...

Have a lovely day all.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Good morning.

LEJC surely though this is the time to stock up. I understand the goal you have set yourself but if you're getting six items for just over a pound that has to be worth it. I haven't got any aveeno vouchers or else I would be stocking up. I think I got 6 or 12 last time when they were £2 ish each and I thought that was a bargain
    Hope everyone is well, I am slightly disheartened at having to go to work today after DM declaring it was Friday.
    I've finally got my appointment for my brain scan next Saturday morning, I'm so hoping they can discover what the problem is and help clear the fog abit.
    The Sun is shining which makes a nice change its feeling very autumnal too early this year.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 14th Sep 17, 8:35 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,190 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone

That made me remember....has anyone tried the John Frieda blow dry lotion we all got from Boots a while back. Oh it's terrible. It turns your hair into straw
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Ooh arrrrrrrr that be the one that Worzel Gummidge uses
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 14th Sep 17, 8:38 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,190 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Hope your scan goes well on Saturday Di - you are in my thoughts and prayers
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Sep 17, 8:40 AM
    • 28,631 Posts
    • 410,357 Thanks
    tweets
    Evening Elite

I drove home today via Sevenoaks to pick up these two little darlings, then take them to vets In Terrington, then home. Left Kit's at 10.30 and got home at 3.30

In my car ♥

At vets waiting for admittance for neutering tomorrow - "go on, you go first, you're the biggest"

Safe now ♥♥
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Good Morning

What a lovely pic to see before its time for walkies and work
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 14th Sep 17, 8:44 AM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Morning LEJC.....we have a minimal crossover period

I'm so tempted by the Aveeno too but I've been putting off. I know I'll kick myself if it ends tomorrow.....but it would take me ages to use it. I still haven't worked my way through all the free sachets yet and I have loads of those left
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thats not the point TM....It was the vouchers and the 342 and a cost of something like 10p that meant it had to be done!

Limited stock though in my A so I wasnt able to give it a real blast!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 14th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    • 3,313 Posts
    • 30,952 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Hope your scan goes well on Saturday Di - you are in my thoughts and prayers
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Ah thank you. It's a week on Saturday, 23rd I think.
    Has the chemo affected your memory? I'm hoping that's all it is but definitely need to get it checked out. I went to the GP in November so it hasn't taken them long
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Sep 17, 8:46 AM
    • 18,560 Posts
    • 196,125 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Love Worzel Gummidge, bought OH the DVD box set for last Christmas

Edit: that was meant to include the quote from JTS about Worzel using the product lol
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 14-09-2017 at 8:57 AM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 14th Sep 17, 8:54 AM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning.

LEJC surely though this is the time to stock up. I understand the goal you have set yourself but if you're getting six items for just over a pound that has to be worth it. I haven't got any aveeno vouchers or else I would be stocking up. I think I got 6 or 12 last time when they were £2 ish each and I thought that was a bargain
    Hope everyone is well, I am slightly disheartened at having to go to work today after DM declaring it was Friday.
    I've finally got my appointment for my brain scan next Saturday morning, I'm so hoping they can discover what the problem is and help clear the fog abit.
    The Sun is shining which makes a nice change its feeling very autumnal too early this year.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Di...theres a bit of a difference between stocking up and adding to an already mounting stock,but I understand the thinking!
    I literally have well into the hundreds of the most common toiletries and I quite honestly think that with careful and needed stock rotation I will never actually need to buy anything again.

I always thought that I didn't get much in to test but really the freebies that way probably keep me going in all things face cream related....and actually the only thing I really buy nowadays is lipstick...but only because I'm a one shade girl.

I have to confess that actually I was a little disappointed yesterday that A had no face wipes else I would have given those a bash...but I can't have it all.

Oh my...I had no idea you were up for a scan...fingers crossed they get a good picture of everything going on and all is ok x
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 14th Sep 17, 8:56 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,190 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Ah thank you. It's a week on Saturday, 23rd I think.
    Has the chemo affected your memory? I'm hoping that's all it is but definitely need to get it checked out. I went to the GP in November so it hasn't taken them long
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Yes Di, it's definitely affected my memory.
    Two minutes after reading your post, I thought your scan was this Saturday not next Saturday

Seriously though, as well as my memory, my whole thought process seems to have slowed down. I struggle sometimes to find the right words towards the end of a sentence.
    The most annoying thing is when my wife keeps finishing off my sentences for me - she gets it wrong most of the time! This has all been since the chemotherapy which was completed last May.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 14th Sep 17, 8:59 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 84,685 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Love Worzel Gummidge, bought OH the DVD box set for last Christmas
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I had it for christmas aswell

OMG, the weather is not looking great for Saturday, I am doing Pretty Muddy, think I will definitely be pretty muddy after the forecast is heavy showers, with hail and lightening
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 14th Sep 17, 9:02 AM
    • 9,661 Posts
    • 108,580 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Morning

Anyone know how to use an unlocking code for a phone please ? I've got the code but do I need to do * # or anything first ?
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Sep 17, 9:02 AM
    • 18,560 Posts
    • 196,125 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning everyone.

I had it for christmas aswell

OMG, the weather is not looking great for Saturday, I am doing Pretty Muddy, think I will definitely be pretty muddy after the forecast is heavy showers, with hail and lightening
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    So not only will you get muddy, it will then be hail blasted off you and you will be flash dried

Good luck, you are braver than me
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

578Posts Today

6,303Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Do you agree with @TfL's decision not to reissue Uber's licence on grounds including falling to report serous crimes.

• RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Follow Martin