Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,164Posts
    • 34,870Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 934
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 13th Sep 17, 10:08 PM
    • 341 Posts
    • 3,743 Thanks
    chocaholics
    All these photos of all your gorgeous pears is making me me sad because this year for some unknown reason my old pear tree has died. Its just turned black with the start of the baby pears on it, so it was still alive in the spring. Am guessing it is about 60 plus years old so its sadly come to the end of its life.
    Last edited by chocaholics; 13-09-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Sep 17, 10:11 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,785 Thanks
    bubbs
    Nivea sun protect cream spf15 spf20 200 mls - coop archway - 60p
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Sep 17, 10:29 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,727 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    chocaholics

I can bring you a bag of pears, if you act as my guide in London!!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 13th Sep 17, 10:36 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 10,977 Thanks
    sarahskint
    anyone watch that carp on 5 star? celebrity ghost hunt..........OMG its the worst thing I have spent 10 mins of my life watching!! so fake - its being filmed 5 mins away from my house its bad I have more ghost recording equipment than they do!
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 13th Sep 17, 11:00 PM
    • 35,870 Posts
    • 151,040 Thanks
    silvercar
    Londoners...
    I need to go to Kings Cross, Waterloo, and Borough Market. Is Camden near any of those?
    TIA

Edit: Also need Covent Garden. So no, it isnt. Never mind, no cheap 2 hour session of fizz for me.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Camden isn't far from Kings cross, and from Camden you can get back on the Northern Line for Waterloo and Borough.

If the weather is good, it is a pleasant walk from camden along the canal path to regent's park.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 13th Sep 17, 11:07 PM
    • 13,592 Posts
    • 141,052 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Evening Elite

I drove home today via Sevenoaks to pick up these two little darlings, then take them to vets In Terrington, then home. Left Kit's at 10.30 and got home at 3.30

In my car ♥

At vets waiting for admittance for neutering tomorrow - "go on, you go first, you're the biggest"

Safe now ♥♥
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 12/16
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Sep 17, 11:20 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,727 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    3dogs..... bless not sure if I think the dogs are lucky or unlucky..... neutering... the poor things!
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Sep 17, 11:25 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,727 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I am now all grown up.

I am going to London and actually staying there.

Train booked with front facing seats booked
    Hotel booked
    RSVP sent

We have 3 hours between arrival and the wedding, so need to find something to do between Kings Cross and Finsbury.

We also will have 2 hours the following day early afternoon to plan something on route between Finsbury and Kings Cross.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Sep 17, 11:30 PM
    • 6,931 Posts
    • 89,015 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Londoners...
    I need to go to Kings Cross, Waterloo, and Borough Market. Is Camden near any of those?
    TIA

Edit: Also need Covent Garden. So no, it isnt. Never mind, no cheap 2 hour session of fizz for me.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    It's near Kings Cross... but I know you want to go to Borough Market more you cheese fiend
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Sep 17, 11:32 PM
    • 6,931 Posts
    • 89,015 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    I am now all grown up.

I am going to London and actually staying there.

Train booked with front facing seats booked
    Hotel booked
    RSVP sent

We have 3 hours between arrival and the wedding, so need to find something to do between Kings Cross and Finsbury.

We also will have 2 hours the following day early afternoon to plan something on route between Finsbury and Kings Cross.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Not very MSE, but very fun... go to Euston to get locked in a room

https://hinthunt.com/locations/london
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Sep 17, 11:41 PM
    • 26,039 Posts
    • 303,797 Thanks
    davemorton
    Borough station is opposite borough market going south on the northern line.
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Need to go to Waterloo first to drop my cases off into storage.

All these photos of all your gorgeous pears is making me me sad because this year for some unknown reason my old pear tree has died. Its just turned black with the start of the baby pears on it, so it was still alive in the spring. Am guessing it is about 60 plus years old so its sadly come to the end of its life.
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Dont chop it down yet. Sounds like fire blight. Mine had it for a couple of years in a row. Give it a darn good prune, and it can survive possibly.

Camden isn't far from Kings cross, and from Camden you can get back on the Northern Line for Waterloo and Borough.

If the weather is good, it is a pleasant walk from camden along the canal path to regent's park.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    As above, need to sort cases out first.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Sep 17, 11:41 PM
    • 26,039 Posts
    • 303,797 Thanks
    davemorton
    It's near Kings Cross... but I know you want to go to Borough Market more you cheese fiend
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    Oh yes, and some lovely sausage
    (And a brownie too mmmmmmm)
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 13th Sep 17, 11:43 PM
    • 13,592 Posts
    • 141,052 Thanks
    3Dogs
    3dogs..... bless not sure if I think the dogs are lucky or unlucky..... neutering... the poor things!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Definitely LUCKY. If they'd stayed where they were, they would have both been put to sleep tomorrow, as this pound just keeps stray dogs for 7 days, but it has no rehoming facilty, so unless another rescue steps forward to take them, that would have been their fate. As it was, Ravenswood stepped forward, as long as transporter found (me lol), so after medical check up, neutering, vaccinations and microchipping, they go into foster and new loving homes will be found or them. They are both young dogs and should be snapped up as both lovely boys, just wanting someone to love
    Last edited by 3Dogs; 14-09-2017 at 1:18 AM.
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 12/16
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 14th Sep 17, 5:54 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,190 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning lovely peoples

It's Friday

........tomorrow

Got a cleaner coming in today, so I'm up early to clean and tidy the place up beforehand
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 14th Sep 17, 6:26 AM
    • 2,912 Posts
    • 44,161 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 14th Sep 17, 7:28 AM
    • 4,170 Posts
    • 44,685 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Thursday.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Sep 17, 7:44 AM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,727 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Not very MSE, but very fun... go to Euston to get locked in a room

https://hinthunt.com/locations/london
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    When we have a wedding to go to/train to catch in a few hours, this would be fear provoking. Looks like a good idea to go with friends after/during a few drinks x

Definitely LUCKY. If they'd stayed where they were, they would have both been put to sleep tomorrow, as this pound just keeps stray dogs for 7 days, but it has no rehoming facilty, so unless another rescue steps forward to take them, that would have been their fate. As it was, Ravenswood stepped forward, as long as transporter found (me lol), so after medical check up, neutering, vaccinations and microchipping, they go into foster and new loving homes will be found or them. They are both young dogs and should be snapped up as both lovely boys, just wanting someone to love
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Definitely lucky, even if they are having the snip!

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Sep 17, 7:52 AM
    • 18,533 Posts
    • 195,870 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, glorious sunny day here.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Sep 17, 7:58 AM
    • 5,048 Posts
    • 52,345 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    MnS

No new offers
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Sep 17, 8:06 AM
    • 5,048 Posts
    • 52,345 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    John Lewis profits fall by half.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41264277
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,337Posts Today

7,310Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin