Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,176Posts
    • 34,882Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 930
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 2:59 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,780 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Took this couple of weeks ago never got round to posting but it's free grapes for me for a while they have done so well this year.

Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 13th Sep 17, 3:04 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 10,977 Thanks
    sarahskint
    wow PD you'll only be 15-20 mins from me when you move! make the most of your asda now, the one there is terrible lol
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 3:08 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,780 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Happy Harvest

Hope everyone else's is as good as ours this year, what a bumper crop.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 3:09 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,780 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    And to finish off my huge pears.

And the rest of the russets.

• tweets
    • By tweets 13th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 28,615 Posts
    • 410,220 Thanks
    tweets
    Sal, so sorry to hear your news.

Hope they get you pain relief sorted out quickly.
    Will probably get bad constipation with the morphine as it slows bowel action, so make sure they sort you out with something to relieve it, if needed.
    I take twice daily morphine tablets and oromorph and need various meds for constipation relief.
    Just take and use what you need to feel comfortable and in as little pain as possible.

Watch your in-box, had an email for Argos Testers - new products to test, about 10.30, but just found it and all gone. Don't know what they were, but showing a camera and shaver on the email.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    I also saw this at dinner time at work but whatever had all gone

So I better watch my emails tonight
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 15,040 Posts
    • 182,780 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hillbern xxxx

The Itch Relief?
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    ooh I need that.....
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Sep 17, 3:37 PM
    • 28,615 Posts
    • 410,220 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Not really caught up, hope everyone is as well as can be?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Sep 17, 4:47 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    TS them pears look yummy , i love pears along with Melon
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    Do NOT get this v w luckily was a muggle shop
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Back Bacon (250g) £0.99 £3.49
    • gocat
    • By gocat 13th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 4,848 Posts
    • 53,729 Thanks
    gocat
    I managed another lunch deal at Gregs this morning, got a sandwich, sausage roll, cream doughnut, and coffee.
    Scanned the app, the SA said 90p please.. they said the sausage roll didn't go through.

So, maybe because I got the cream doughnut, it took that as part of the student deal instead of the bday treat.

So, if i'm right, one to be careful with. They let me have the S.roll anyway

..and I was not asked for ID.

Also strange that the 3 rewards are still showing on my app same account as this morning. Tried re-starting the app, also phone off/on, still there.
    EDIT: used the same rewards this afternoon (diff. Store), went through fine.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    can you screen shot the offers and show them or do you actually have to be on t'internet when in gregs.
    tia
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 26,054 Posts
    • 303,893 Thanks
    davemorton
    TS, do you pick your pears while they are still hard? Mine are still like rocks, so not really wanting to pick them, but know they will either drop off, or something will get them if I leave them.

What do people use to post pics now please? And can I just get an app for it and post straight from my phone? TIA
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 13th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    • 4,848 Posts
    • 53,729 Thanks
    gocat
    Do NOT get this v w luckily was a muggle shop
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Back Bacon (250g) £0.99 £3.49
    Originally posted by bubbs
    crikey worse than my butternut one
    thanks for the warning.

Afternoon all
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Sep 17, 5:21 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,761 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon all

Funny sort of afternoon.

Firstly I was ruthless with my old swimsuits and almost all went into a bag I am getting ready for charity. I've been coming to the stark and unpleasant conclusion that although I would like a lifestyle that included regular swims, it sadly is not going to happen.
    Nor am I going to be a size 12 ever again.
    Our nearest municipal pools are a good 40 min walk or a bus ride away -and its unlikely I will ever qualify for a senior citizen bus pass
    Or they are a drive away and that is not going to happen either.
    I suppose if and when OH ever retires I can desposit him a cafe while I go for a swim - he hates swimming.
    In the meantime I've got left a spare swimsuit for Eldest child incase she needs to borrow one when she is here - this has happened.
    The best ones now live in my suitcase ready for holidays and weekends and the spare one in the underwear draw.
    And this empties a basket.
    Besides I've realised today Sainsburys Tu have swimsuits on their website, not stocked in stores so I will treat myself to a re inforced version before the next trip away.

Then I started on the book shelves again and managed to fill a charity bag and list some on Amazon. I've realised there are 2 shelves I can be slowly working on clearing until I've got it down to one shelf, might be a tedious slow job though but at least we are getting somewhere.

OH late back, rained on and off all day so now have early onset cabin fever as a result of tackling miserable jobs ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Sep 17, 5:24 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,761 Thanks
    mhoc
    TS, do you pick your pears while they are still hard? Mine are still like rocks, so not really wanting to pick them, but know they will either drop off, or something will get them if I leave them.

What do people use to post pics now please? And can I just get an app for it and post straight from my phone? TIA
    Originally posted by davemorton
    We've been picking our pears while still hard and just letting them fully ripen in the kitchen
    Our pears are massive, never had such a good crop and not sure what to do with them apart from encouraging Errant son to eat as many as possible.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Sep 17, 5:27 PM
    • 26,054 Posts
    • 303,893 Thanks
    davemorton
    We've been picking our pears while still hard and just letting them fully ripen in the kitchen
    Our pears are massive, never had such a good crop and not sure what to do with them apart from encouraging Errant son to eat as many as possible.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Oooo, might get mine picked then. My gran used to have a massive pear tree when I was a child (probably normal size really) and she used to always used to do pears in lemonade, dunno how, and freeze them. Ahhh, a childhood memory.
    No, it wasnt that long ago, before you say it!!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Sep 17, 5:29 PM
    • 5,049 Posts
    • 52,373 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Funny you say that... I worked at Mount Rushmore for 3 summers from 2pm to 11pm. I became a little restless and got a second job as a waitress from 6am to 1pm. After walking up a massive hill for 2 miles from job to job I ruined my feet I still miss the Black Hills.

How's life treating you?
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    Not too bad, thanks. Family moved to Wales, but I'm still on the Wirral, staying here for the winter because the flat's so cheap to heat, my work is here and I have some friends here, but longterm I want to get back to the countryside and so I'll hopefully do something about moving next Spring.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 26,054 Posts
    • 303,893 Thanks
    davemorton
    Booked a cruise last week, or week before, just a short 4 nighter. I think I paid about £350 for a balcony, it has now gone up to £740!! Shocking pricing!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 5:39 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,780 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Originally posted by davemorton
    Yes we have picked them while still hard we did it after the first one dropped and had already gone to mush inside we didn't want to lose anymore. Just left couple of the smaller ones on the tree.

Mr TS is a bit of a stickler for letting things ripen naturally before picking so there must be reason for him to pick the pears now as it is unlike him.

I used the postimage.org without setting up an account (can't be bothered) so no idea where the pics are stored in the ether. Have had to do it on my laptop though, every time I try on my phone I get some error message.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 5:44 PM
    • 27,474 Posts
    • 375,780 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Same here mhoc we have never had a decent pear crop before, 2 maybe 3 each year up until now. I can't believe how big they are, think whole one might be too much for me.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin