Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,172Posts
    • 34,875Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 929
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Sep 17, 1:00 PM
    • 26,053 Posts
    • 303,857 Thanks
    davemorton
    Good afternoon young *cough* lady. Good to see you are not at work for once.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Sep 17, 1:06 PM
    • 26,053 Posts
    • 303,857 Thanks
    davemorton
    Speaking of work, I best get back to it
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Sep 17, 1:09 PM
    • 6,932 Posts
    • 89,018 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Good afternoon young *cough* lady. Good to see you are not at work for once.
    Originally posted by davemorton

I have 4 days off this week and I'm crying with boredom. I've caught all the pokemon, finished a blanket, started a new blanket, discovered a new series (well new to me) with 3 seasons to watch and I only have 2 episodes left (The 100), and baked a ton of cookies. I can't wait for October where I have only 2 days off

How's everyone?
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Sep 17, 1:28 PM
    • 16,441 Posts
    • 192,579 Thanks
    mhoc
    I keep looking for ones from N/castle/Liverpool/Rosyth but never come accross one I fancy at the right time. Looking, most of them go north too, and I am usually wanting to head south, but yes, any of those would be soooo much easier than S/ton for me.
    Yes its odd - all of the Rosyth ones are northern European ones apart from the one next month to the canaries but that's lacking the drinks package.
    I was going to suggest the Swedish one would be really nice in summer but its a May one which is barely spring.
    They have 5 day ones though which are better for fitting into work schedules.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 13th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    • 3,453 Posts
    • 17,726 Thanks
    mrs lds

I have 4 days off this week and I'm crying with boredom. I've caught all the pokemon, finished a blanket, started a new blanket, discovered a new series (well new to me) with 3 seasons to watch and I only have 2 episodes left (The 100), and baked a ton of cookies. I can't wait for October where I have only 2 days off

How's everyone?
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    Hi PD are you still doing extra w ork?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,777 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Sainsbos £1
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 13th Sep 17, 1:51 PM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 21,842 Thanks
    Saversue
    Sal, so sorry to hear your news.

Hope they get you pain relief sorted out quickly.
    Will probably get bad constipation with the morphine as it slows bowel action, so make sure they sort you out with something to relieve it, if needed.
    I take twice daily morphine tablets and oromorph and need various meds for constipation relief.
    Just take and use what you need to feel comfortable and in as little pain as possible.

Watch your in-box, had an email for Argos Testers - new products to test, about 10.30, but just found it and all gone. Don't know what they were, but showing a camera and shaver on the email.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 1:51 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,777 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Sainsbobs 50p

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 1:53 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,777 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    More 50p Sainsbobs

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Sep 17, 1:59 PM
    • 5,049 Posts
    • 52,361 Thanks
    Serendipitious

How's everyone?

You'd do well in the States.

I was reading that people there only take an average of 2 weeks leave per year.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 1:59 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,777 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Sainsbobs
    Here is the shelf I raided, wasn't interested in the vitamins...

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 2:02 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,777 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Superdrug 50p each

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 2:06 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,777 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Superdrug

Argan conditioner 50p

Clay dry shampoo 40p

Toothpaste 35p

Very pleased with the conditioner as had been waiting for that to go RTC since I got the same shampoo 50p months ago.

• purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 6,932 Posts
    • 89,018 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Hi PD are you still doing extra w ork?
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    Hello

Define 'extra' work I have a weird job where it's quiet in the summer, but non stop from October - January.

Truth be told I'll be looking for new work soon as my mother has decided to sell up and move to Clacton on Sea early next year. I can't afford to rent in London, let alone buy, so I'm going with her for a year and hopefully I can save enough to move back to town.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Sep 17, 2:24 PM
    • 6,932 Posts
    • 89,018 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Here is the shelf I raided, wasn't interested in the vitamins...

Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    The Itch Relief?
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Sep 17, 2:28 PM
    • 6,932 Posts
    • 89,018 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    You'd do well in the States.

I was reading that people there only take an average of 2 weeks leave per year.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Funny you say that... I worked at Mount Rushmore for 3 summers from 2pm to 11pm. I became a little restless and got a second job as a waitress from 6am to 1pm. After walking up a massive hill for 2 miles from job to job I ruined my feet I still miss the Black Hills.

How's life treating you?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 2:28 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,777 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I do think there are probably people on here who are related/know each other in real life/ something like that and dont realise.
    3 steps and all that.
    Yes tis true happened to me, I already knew Marbett in real life.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 2:29 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,777 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    The Itch Relief?
    Well it wasn't 50p yet....

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Sep 17, 2:38 PM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,777 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    For Savvy Sal, Thinking of you xx

Afraid they have done the MSE rounds a bit but it's amazing how long these whoopsied flowers can last.

• aau1
    • By aau1 13th Sep 17, 2:38 PM
    • 18,793 Posts
    • 323,543 Thanks
    aau1
    The 6x200ml yazoos are free on cos (T only) and there's a 60p off moc in the current T mag
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

806Posts Today

5,378Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin