Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,205Posts
    • 34,918Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 928
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 13th Sep 17, 9:29 AM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 44,751 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 13th Sep 17, 9:30 AM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 25,992 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    True, but I would not choose it. We have two nieces who live in London (one mine and one his) who love it. We are going to my nieces wedding. I would not be going for any other reason.

I cannot adjust to the fact no one says hello, or talks to other people in the street (well I cannot stop myself!)
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I agree no one talks...even when I go to the little mums+toddlers session with GS very few people even pass the time of day...saying that I don't want to get too friendly with people as London isn't my home.
    Tourists must think im local as im often asked for directions to different places!!..I d love to send them on a wild goose chase as often I don't know, but im not unkind like that
    And I never go in to central London, last time I did was a couple of years ago I had MIL who was 85 at the time with us, she has a blue badge and so we look for the disable parking spaces(I have already done research of to where they are)..which has never been a problem before. On this occasion she wanted to go to covent garden..not good with all the cobble stones and a wheelchair, but she said I will never get the chance anymore..with sad puppy dog eyes!! so how could I refuse, 4 times down the strand round Trafalgar square and back in a circle passed Covent garden, down side roads, in bus lanes, and 'cut up' by the London cabbies..we finally found a space adjacent to covent garden, I stop and park...and what does she say...Oh you have done so much driving its been lovely seeing the sights but its getting a little late now I think we ought to head back GRRRRRRRRRRR..Dont you just love them.
    She 87 now and she is an amazing lady
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 13th Sep 17, 9:33 AM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 25,992 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Sal...

Im so sorry to hear of your news, but we your elite family are always around, we are all a tough bunch including you....so as the song goes..
    "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" (Billy Ocean) x
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 13th Sep 17, 9:40 AM
    • 35,895 Posts
    • 151,122 Thanks
    silvercar
    If you want to find your way round London, use the citymapper app (ios or android). It also gives you walking routes as well as public transport.
    • Elljay
    • By Elljay 13th Sep 17, 9:45 AM
    • 567 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    Elljay
    Good Morning. So sorry to hear your news SavvySal. I just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers for you.

Does anyone know if the MOMA porridge on COS compares with Waitrose? According to MSM It's £2.45 in A and £1.49 in W with £1 cashback from. Not too bad a price for 5 sachets.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Sep 17, 9:46 AM
    • 16,491 Posts
    • 192,965 Thanks
    mhoc
    Ladies

I need some help, I dont do dresses usually at home on nights out, I am a trouser or jeans girl.

Seeing as I still have my tan I am going to wear a navy dress on Saturday but if its a tad cold I need a cover up, was thinking of getting a cardigan to wear, but what colour do I go for????

This is after I have done my mud run not wearing it for the mud run .
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Also I was thinking overnight the best place to get one is everything5pounds
    its in cashback sites or there is a code on todays MSE update
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 5,057 Posts
    • 52,438 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Pears shop from last night. Feel a bit bad as used 4 coupons for the rice milk not realising 2 of them are Alpro. Cashier had to call supervisor to put them through and she put them through manually after asking me if I have bought the milk. I said yes. Now wondering if she will get into trouble putting 2 through for the Alpro

3x Pears Liquid Hand Wash (237ml) £6.00 £3.00
    1x Wall's Ready Baked Pork Sausages (275g) £1.50 N/A
    1x Primula Light Cheese Spread (150g) £1.44 N/A TMF
    0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 N/A
    2x Heinz Beanz in Tomato Sauce Snap Pots (4x200g) £4.96 £2.48
    2x Rice Dream Rice Milk Alternative Drink Original Uht (1l) £2.76 £2.00
    1x ASDA Crustless Quiche Lorraine (170g) £1.00 N/A
    1x Wall's Ready Baked Cumberland Sausages (275g) £1.50 N/A
    2x Alpro Rice Original Milk Alternative (1l) £2.58 £2.80
    Originally posted by gocat
    I wouldn't worry, she'll be fine, because the store stocks the stuff the coupon is for.

In the good old days Sada used to take coupons against anything, so long as they sold the coupon item in the shop.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Sep 17, 10:04 AM
    • 16,491 Posts
    • 192,965 Thanks
    mhoc
    Waitrose experts please.

I seem to remember something about PYO cat foods from about a week ago or maybe longer.
    I did go through and select cat food from the list and confirmed but I had no conditional spends at the time.

Now I do - They sent me another set of £6 wys £30 valid until October 1st - I usually pass these along but if I can find a good enough offer ...

The mailing also came with 6 30p and 20p MOCs for Waitrose essentials - might be useful filler items for getting up to £30
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    • 6,782 Posts
    • 54,861 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Not too bad but the sleeping tablet that I got yesterday didn't,t work although I was less restless Inthe night.
    Thanks to everyone for their support and kind words.It means a lot.
    Believe it or not I have still about £150 of apgs to use.I had £380 at the beginning of the year.so they have gradually been reduced
    I have just got to find some energy to print some. .
    I am still getting a few wombles but not walking over the downs anymore but using my car.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Savvy sal, so sorry to read your news - sending you positivity and strength.

Nice to see you're still an Elite Wombler!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 13th Sep 17, 11:36 AM
    • 1,450 Posts
    • 15,214 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Sal so sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you and your family x
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 6,405 Posts
    • 84,713 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Also I was thinking overnight the best place to get one is everything5pounds
    its in cashback sites or there is a code on todays MSE update
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thanks for thinking of me, but not sure it would get here in time for Saturday.

Im off shopping tomorrow to look.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • choclate24
    • By choclate24 13th Sep 17, 11:38 AM
    • 519 Posts
    • 7,789 Thanks
    choclate24
    As well as pears soap glitching, is the shower gel glitching as well
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 13th Sep 17, 11:39 AM
    • 1,450 Posts
    • 15,214 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Good morning everyone (just)

15% off Groupon Local deals until midnight. Code on their home page.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 13th Sep 17, 11:43 AM
    • 1,450 Posts
    • 15,214 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Originally posted by choclate24
    Yes, see louise's shop from yesterday, hth
    Pears shop

Sharwoods sauces good if you use them

9 items (5 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    5x Pears Liquid Hand Wash (237ml) £10.00 £5.00
    1x Pears Shower Gel (250ml) £2.00 £1.00
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.13 N/A
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Spaghetti Loops in Tomato Sauce (210g) £0.25 N/A
    1x Sharwood's Tikka Masala Medium Curry Cooking Sauce (420g) £0.90 £0.90
    1x Saxa Ground Black Pepper (25g) £0.70 N/A
    1x Sharwood's Korma Mild Curry Cooking Sauce (420g) £0.90 £0.90
    Comparison total (compared products only) £13.90 £7.90
    +£6.00 cheaper
    For your information:
    Originally posted by xxlouisexx56
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 13th Sep 17, 11:45 AM
    • 14,507 Posts
    • 226,031 Thanks
    zippydooda
    It's worth noting that fines for speeding change on April 24, 2017 – it's a complicated system, but here's a broad outline, starting with the three main 'bands' of speeding.

Band A – This refers to the lowest level of speeding. For example, you could be driving at between 21mph and 30mph in a 20mph zone, 31mph to 40mph in a 30mph zone, or 71mph to 90mph on a 70mph road. You can expect 3 points on your licence, and a fine of around 50% of your weekly income.
    Band B – This is for more serious cases of speeding. If you're in a 20mph zone and you drive at 31mph to 40mph, or in a 40mph zone at 56mph to 65mph, or up to 100mph in a 70mph, that'll be a Band B fine. That means 4 to 6 points on your licence, or disqualification for between 7 and 28 days, plus a fine of 100% of your weekly income.
    Band C – This is for the most egregious speeding. If you're doing 41mph or above in a 20mph zone, 51mph or above in a 30mph zone, or above 100mph in a 70mph zone, that's a Band C fine. That means 6 points on your licence or disqualification for between 7 and 56 days, as well as a fine of 150% of your weekly income.
    All of these fines are somewhat flexible. Mitigating circumstances (things that could reduce the penalty) include the establishment of a genuine emergency, a lack of previous convictions (or no relevant/recent convictions) and "good character". Aggravating factors (things that could increase the penalty) include certain previous convictions, speeding in bad weather, speeding in a lorry, bus or taxi, speeding while towing, speeding while driving for hire or reward, speeding with passengers, or speeding somewhere particularly inappropriate, like near a school or crowded shopping street.

news to me, a speeding fine is 1/2 my weekly wage
    thinking about it thats more fare, as its meant to hurt and say someone like a footballer would just laugh at the previous £100
    another bit i read is the policeman if thats how your stopped can give you a discretionary 10% ish but you CAN be fined for even doing 1mile an hr over.

At a glance | NPCC speed enforcement guidelines
    Speed limit Min speed for a ticket Min speed for prosecution
    20mph 24mph 35mph
    30mph 35mph 50mph
    40mph 46mph 66mph
    50mph 57mph 76mph
    60mph 68mph 86mph
    70mph 79mph 96mph
    Source: National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC)
    Last edited by zippydooda; 13-09-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 13th Sep 17, 11:54 AM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 29,672 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Originally posted by choclate24
    Yes it is. Handy when there are only 5 soaps on the shelf!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Sep 17, 12:16 PM
    • 6,782 Posts
    • 54,861 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Gregs Student
    I managed another lunch deal at Gregs this morning, got a sandwich, sausage roll, cream doughnut, and coffee.
    Scanned the app, the SA said 90p please.. they said the sausage roll didn't go through.

So, maybe because I got the cream doughnut, it took that as part of the student deal instead of the bday treat.

So, if i'm right, one to be careful with. They let me have the S.roll anyway

..and I was not asked for ID.

Also strange that the 3 rewards are still showing on my app same account as this morning. Tried re-starting the app, also phone off/on, still there.
    EDIT: used the same rewards this afternoon (diff. Store), went through fine.
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 13-09-2017 at 1:47 PM.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    • 6,782 Posts
    • 54,861 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    First Aveeno shop today, messed up with the coke, but nevermind. I spent £12 odd after mocs/apg. £9.40 back.

1x ASDA Pear Quarters in Fruit Juice (411g)£0.78N/A
    1x ASDA Acacia Honey (340g)£1.75N/A
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg)£0.11N/A
    1x ASDA Baked Beans (210g)£0.25£0.24
    1x ASDA Smart Price Still Spring Water (2l)£0.17N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt)£0.99£1.00
    3x Diet Coke Mini Can (150ml)£0.75£1.44
    1x Dr Pepper Mini Can (150ml)£0.25N/A
    3x Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion (300)£19.50£10.86
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint)£0.99£1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only)£22.48£14.54
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 26,090 Posts
    • 304,179 Thanks
    davemorton
    Have you ever thought of Rosyth as a possible starting port?

It makes even more sense for you as its only about 90 mins north of Newcastle.

Its on our list for future consideration - no worse really than the long treck to Southampton.
    For us it would be one train straight up to Edinburgh, 3 hours - an overnight stay or maybe 2 - then I think its a train through to Inverkeithing, about 25 mins - maybe a taxi to the port then.

2018 cruises have the all inclusive drinks package
    http://www.fredolsencruises.com/find-your-holiday/cruises-from-edinburgh-rosyth
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I keep looking for ones from N/castle/Liverpool/Rosyth but never come accross one I fancy at the right time. Looking, most of them go north too, and I am usually wanting to head south, but yes, any of those would be soooo much easier than S/ton for me.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    • 6,933 Posts
    • 89,027 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    I keep looking for ones from N/castle/Liverpool/Rosyth but never come accross one I fancy at the right time. Looking, most of them go north too, and I am usually wanting to head south, but yes, any of those would be soooo much easier than S/ton for me.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,635Posts Today

7,782Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin