Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,903Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 926
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Sep 17, 11:23 PM
    • 15,047 Posts
    • 182,856 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I also find London trips daunting - not the train down, London itself, the constant noise and traffic, starting with crossing Eiston station itself - the underground is the worst though.
    But if I had to do it reguarly or for any length of time I would toughen up and be less country mouse

Londoners also seem oblivious to how expensive things are. prices that make us gasp with horror, they just shrug off - Eldest child is a prime example of this.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    True, but I would not choose it. We have two nieces who live in London (one mine and one his) who love it. We are going to my nieces wedding. I would not be going for any other reason.

I cannot adjust to the fact no one says hello, or talks to other people in the street (well I cannot stop myself!)
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Sep 17, 11:26 PM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I've just caught up and finding it hard to take in your news sal.......our dearest sal.

As straight as a die with not a hint of self pity or bitterness......you are an amazing lady.
    I wish you strength and courage.

x
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    I suppose it is a matter of comparison...... it is very posh!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Well I never, every day is a learning day.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Sep 17, 11:31 PM
    • 15,047 Posts
    • 182,856 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Well I never, every day is a learning day.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    So pleased to help with your cognition!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 12th Sep 17, 11:39 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 13,603 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Savvysal...just wanted to say my thoughts are with you. I don't chat on here other than glitchy stuff but I wanted you to know you made a massive difference to me and my family, especially when I first started this crazy glitchy shopping life. The wombles you posted back then were a godsend to me. So sorry to hear your news x
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 13th Sep 17, 1:12 AM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,020 Thanks
    zippydooda
    looks like heinz soups will glitch later. offer 4 for £3 finishing.
    too early to say for sure as prices may change. at the moment it looks like they may be 48p after apg
    expect an update from izzey about 5.30 am
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 13th Sep 17, 1:17 AM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 141,147 Thanks
    3Dogs
    I've been out today, over to Poole and Christchurch, and have just caught up to find Savvy Sal's dreadful news. Devastated is the word I'd use. Not telling you what word I'd use to describe Cancer A hateful word. A hateful disease. It has affected so many. It has ended the lives of so many. No more words ..................

Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 13/16
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Sep 17, 2:46 AM
    • 12,080 Posts
    • 132,206 Thanks
    Anon
    CoS heads up.

Free Maltsmiths IPA and Pilsner beer, buy in A or M.

Should be £1.65 A v £1.50 M each if you are doing an APG (and if they still match)

Hth

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 13-09-2017 at 7:59 AM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 13th Sep 17, 3:01 AM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 84,609 Thanks
    izzeyb
    looks like heinz soups will glitch later. offer 4 for £3 finishing.
    too early to say for sure as prices may change. at the moment it looks like they may be 48p after apg
    expect an update from izzey about 5.30 am
    Originally posted by zippydooda

LOL 5.30 zippy, I wish

Like you say, too early to call, they may just go to rollback after the morning update. Still bit dear for us Okay to use up/renew existing APGs.

Naked Noodles Ramen packet soups ending, 3 for £1, but no comparisons, same with the Cypressa Lemon Dressing.

Could be small apg on the Dunn's River Seasoning 2 for £1.50 but Morries comparison. Chicken Seasoning, All purpose and Jerk. Can only find link for two on mysupermarket maybe because Jerk showing OOS. Works out around 49p each after APG.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-661172_2296699.html

Here's the Heinz bundle, should compare to Waitrose and Morries 4 for £3.00 offer, unless soups go onto rollback. Could be good for fillers for some of the 3 for 2 offers in Waities.

Tick tock wait and see

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-741961_2207305.html

Last edited by izzeyb; 13-09-2017 at 3:38 AM.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 13th Sep 17, 3:45 AM
    • 3,313 Posts
    • 30,952 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    (((Sal))) so sorry to hear this.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 13th Sep 17, 6:03 AM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 44,208 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone.

So sorry to hear your news savvy sal. It was your shops that introduced me to wombling, saving me a great deal of £ over the years. Very sad, my thoughts are with you and your family.
    Last edited by elainemn; 13-09-2017 at 6:27 AM.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 13th Sep 17, 6:48 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,190 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning lovely peoples

So sorry to read your news Sal
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • hedgehogqueen
    • By hedgehogqueen 13th Sep 17, 7:20 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    hedgehogqueen
    Would the maltsmiths work out free or 35p. I bought some last night and snapped my receipt for cos but it is not shown as pending in the receipts section although my claim 12 times was showing as reduced to 4, as I bought 8. Not had any emails from cos to confirm receipt. Has anyone else had a problem with cos?
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Sep 17, 7:31 AM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 196,120 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, bright sun in a clear sky here now.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • underperky
    • By underperky 13th Sep 17, 7:38 AM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 62,831 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning folks
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 13th Sep 17, 7:39 AM
    • 3,141 Posts
    • 44,689 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    CoS heads up.

Free Maltsmiths IPA and Pilsner beer, but in A or M.

Should be £1.65 A v £1.50 M each if you are doing an APG (and if they still match)

Hth

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Morning luvlies

Also showing on my CS Anon, but not free - £1 CB on each flavour
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Sep 17, 7:46 AM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Sep 17, 7:49 AM
    • 16,475 Posts
    • 192,871 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all - where is this storm we are supposed to be having or has it been and gone - still murky and raining here.

Regarding last nights discussion regarding treats. Everyone is unique earning their money from many sources and we all have a different attitude to money and spending - some are savers and some are strugglers, some are scrimpers and some are scrooges - what one person might consider a nice little pick me up someone else might think of as a wanton extravagance of the worst order.

I am of the camp that if you want something badly enough you will eke out every penny to help reach my target.

but we are all very different which makes the Elite very special.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Sep 17, 7:50 AM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,433 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    I have free on cos and cs happy
    Sal so sorry xxx
    JTS lovely too see you here too x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Sep 17, 7:52 AM
    • 16,475 Posts
    • 192,871 Thanks
    mhoc
    CoS heads up.

Free Maltsmiths IPA and Pilsner beer, but in A or M.

Hth

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Very glad that something new has finally appeared on COS and Q - I know the offers have been good, mostly half price things but only if you actually use these items.
    My Sada didn't have the spoilt pig cider yesterday
    Last edited by mhoc; 13-09-2017 at 7:59 AM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,509Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin