Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,868Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 924
    • underperky
    • By underperky 12th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    • 5,052 Posts
    • 62,814 Thanks
    underperky
    Thoughts are with you Sal ...sorry to read your news
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 12th Sep 17, 7:56 PM
    • 35,869 Posts
    • 151,038 Thanks
    silvercar
    So sorry Sal. I hope you have the support you need.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 12th Sep 17, 7:58 PM
    • 35,869 Posts
    • 151,038 Thanks
    silvercar
    Good Afternoon all , well after a long time of worry ,determination and hassle I'm pleased to announce that Caitlin has got into the senior school in her village. We are all over the moon and it's made everything all worthwhile eg the move etc
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Lovely news. Did she get in on appeal? Did she start the other school last week and now move?
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Sep 17, 8:03 PM
    • 1,983 Posts
    • 18,792 Thanks
    curl girl
    Planet cruise on Ideal World on TV at the moment for the cruisers.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    • 4,843 Posts
    • 53,700 Thanks
    gocat
    So sorry to hear of your news Sal. ((((Hugggss))))
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 12th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    • 5,333 Posts
    • 93,226 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Savvysal. Giving you hugs. (((X)))
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Sep 17, 8:29 PM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,422 Thanks
    emerald21
    Afternoon all.Good luck with your treatment JTS.I have received bad news on my treatment.The chemo has not shrunk my cancer so I had the option of having number 4 or not bothering.I had the 4th today but have only got months left.Ive been getting some pain so morphine looks on the cards.Next step is contact from the community nurses.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Oh so sorry to hear this Sal.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,422 Thanks
    emerald21
    Lovely news. Did she get in on appeal? Did she start the other school last week and now move?
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Hi yes she got in on an appeal yesterday. No she didn't start any school incase they said well she ll be settled there now etc and they would have had to buy a uniform for there . So only one uniform to buy now .
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 12th Sep 17, 8:35 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,107 Thanks
    izzy65
    Sorry to read your post sal, wishing you strength .
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Minihauk
    • By Minihauk 12th Sep 17, 8:38 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 3,999 Thanks
    Minihauk
    Just coming out of lurkdom to send wishes and prayers to Sal <<hugs>>
    • juju17
    • By juju17 12th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 982 Posts
    • 12,073 Thanks
    juju17
    Thinking of you Sal x
    • cjj
    • By cjj 12th Sep 17, 9:33 PM
    • 6,266 Posts
    • 82,697 Thanks
    cjj
    So very sorry Sal, sending you all the love in the world xxx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 12th Sep 17, 9:36 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,634 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    ♥ ss ♥
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 12th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 6,395 Posts
    • 84,621 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    So sorry to hear your news savvy sal, take care and sending (((hugs))) xxxxxx
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Sep 17, 9:55 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,721 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    where are you going from and wheres your destination...I know you said London ..but where???
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    I'll PM x

Maybe, but when you have little to no energy it's off little significance then you watch it again because you can't remember any of it

A condensed version (14 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upWpQDidgVE

Originally posted by Westvleteren
    I will have a watch x

how about an afternoon tea...

http://www.claridges.co.uk/mayfair-restaurants-bars/london-afternoon-tea/

I've got a friend who decided to take a business associate there for morning coffee a few months ago and ended up with a bill in excess of £50 for a couple of drinks and something biscuity on the side!
    Originally posted by LEJC
    I cannot believe the prices and hype.

I have only been to London with work, and I hate being there. I come out of the train station, grab a taxi, go to RCJ, reverse the process going home.

But last time I went I was with someone that I am friends she with took me to a posh shop, to have a special drink (I cannot remember the name of the pub or drink). I do remember that the drink, in this cafe, in a shop, cost £35 each!!!! and the drink was gin slush (which I had in the freezer at home - I did not tell my friend that).... but OMG!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 12th Sep 17, 10:01 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 8,818 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Oh Savvy so sorry to hear that news. Huge hug 🤗 xx
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Sep 17, 10:07 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,721 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Sorry, just caught up.

Savvy Sal, there are no words, just our love and best wishes at the terrible time x
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Sep 17, 10:11 PM
    • 26,037 Posts
    • 303,783 Thanks
    davemorton
    I'll PM x

You never answered me when I asked. Too late now

I cannot believe the prices and hype.

I have only been to London with work, and I hate being there. I come out of the train station, grab a taxi, go to RCJ, reverse the process going home.

But last time I went I was with someone that I am friends she with took me to a posh shop, to have a special drink (I cannot remember the name of the pub or drink). I do remember that the drink, in this cafe, in a shop, cost £35 each!!!! and the drink was gin slush (which I had in the freezer at home - I did not tell my friend that).... but OMG!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Whats the point of saving here and there if you dont treat yourself now and again. I once paid about £30 for a lager, was it worth £30? NO! But was it worth spending £30 on, YES! I can still remember that drink, and the memories it gives me are priceless.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Sep 17, 10:25 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,721 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Whats the point of saving here and there if you dont treat yourself now and again. I once paid about £30 for a lager, was it worth £30? NO! But was it worth spending £30 on, YES! I can still remember that drink, and the memories it gives me are priceless.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    What did I miss answering?

My treats are running the house on a single income, doing the house, paying for DS1 MBA costs, and DS2 MA costs, and our trip to Thailand to see DS1 get married (which is rather indulgent - as we are going for a month, and taking DS2, GF and DS3 which I am paying for). I would at this time in my life not pay £35 for a drink, but I look forward to the day when I can afford to do so (but still unlikely to do so as I am tight but it is nice to have the option ). Until then I will need to live my life through others... can you need to share your memories that surround that drink? Was there a special person involved? naked frolics? x
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Sep 17, 10:32 PM
    • 26,037 Posts
    • 303,783 Thanks
    davemorton
    What did I miss answering?
    I asked you were you were travelling from when you were looking for cheap options.
    My treats are running the house on a single income, doing the house, paying for DS1 MBA costs, and DS2 MA costs, and our trip to Thailand to see DS1 get married (which is rather indulgent - as we are going for a month, and taking DS2, GF and DS3 which I am paying for). I would at this time in my life not pay £35 for a drink, but I look forward to the day when I can afford to do so (but still unlikely to do so as I am tight but it is nice to have the option ). Until then I will need to live my life through others... can you need to share your memories that surround that drink? Was there a special person involved? naked frolics? x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    The company was good, but it was the venue. I was sitting right next to the road, and never had a better spot to people/car watch in my life. And yes that lager was expensive, but it lasted a darn sight longer than any other drink I have bought, I certainly got my moneys worth

Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

2,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin