Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,186Posts
    • 34,896Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 923
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 4:59 PM
    • 16,464 Posts
    • 192,789 Thanks
    mhoc
    Good Afternoon all , well after a long time of worry ,determination and hassle I'm pleased to announce that Caitlin has got into the senior school in her village. We are all over the moon and it's made everything all worthwhile eg the move etc
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Huge relief - Caitlin will soon settle in now and catch up.

We had to go to appeal for our eldest - this was a very long time ago now, eventually she got her place.
    It was as we knew totally the right school for her - and also her brothers who followed on ..
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 5:02 PM
    • 16,464 Posts
    • 192,789 Thanks
    mhoc
    Green jinn - has anyone else noticed its on the GJ list this week for sainsbobs 50p cashback and also on COS list for Sainsbobs - so one pack with two lots of cashback.

Also on the dark side someone has pointed out half price Special K 500g at waitroses - also on GJ with 70p cashback
    Very useful if you have a waitrsoe conditional spend
    Last edited by mhoc; 12-09-2017 at 6:02 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 5,051 Posts
    • 52,391 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good Afternoon all , well after a long time of worry ,determination and hassle I'm pleased to announce that Caitlin has got into the senior school in her village. We are all over the moon and it's made everything all worthwhile eg the move etc
    Originally posted by emerald21

That's excellent news.

It'll be really good for her social life too, she will have friends nearby for after school and weekends.

It cuts you off a bit if you have to travel a distance to school. My DD had to travel, but fortunately she had 3 friends who lived close to us who also went there, so that eased the situation.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 16,464 Posts
    • 192,789 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also if anyone is outraged at the increase in the price of butter (now between £1.40 and £2 depending on your taste)
    Bertoli is on offer for £1 in sada and Morribobs - I got a pack on Saturday, not tried it yet.
    I can use it in baking if it gets thumbs down but otherwise a few packs will go in the freezer

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Butter_Margarine_And_Spreads/Bertolli_with_Butter_And_Olive_Oil_250g.html?Track ingCode=AQIDAAE.YahBeNvdL0OyQb1R9DnYsw
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    • 2,635 Posts
    • 34,605 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good afternoon Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.

I've not read back for a few days yet so apologies for any missed birthdays, etc.

Just wanted to let you know I'm handing in my badge. So hectic at work this last couple of weeks I've realised just this minute that I've let a £15 golden balls APG run out yesterday. It was the third rinse and repeat so not as bad as it could be. But still. £15!!!! That's a month's worth of shopping!! Gutted. Hangs head in shame.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Sep 17, 5:42 PM
    • 9,659 Posts
    • 108,563 Thanks
    emerald21
    That's excellent news.

It'll be really good for her social life too, she will have friends nearby for after school and weekends.

It cuts you off a bit if you have to travel a distance to school. My DD had to travel, but fortunately she had 3 friends who lived close to us who also went there, so that eased the situation.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Yes she hasn t got any friends yet round there and hasn t had all summer holidays .
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Sep 17, 5:42 PM
    • 5,051 Posts
    • 52,391 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Also if anyone is outraged at the increase in the price of butter (now between £1.40 and £2 depending on your taste)
    Bertoli is on offer for £1 in sada and Morribobs - I got a pack on Saturday, not tried it yet.
    I can use it in baking if it gets thumbs down but otherwise a few packs will go in the freezer

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Butter_Margarine_And_Spreads/Bertolli_with_Butter_And_Olive_Oil_250g.html?Track ingCode=AQIDAAE.YahBeNvdL0OyQb1R9DnYsw
    Originally posted by mhoc

I have to have block butter, can't be doing with the added oil in spreads.

It's not looking good. Aldi was 1.08, not sure what it is now as it has vanished from MSM, Asda Smartprice says 1.23, McColls was 1.25 last time I looked, all a bit pricey compared with the 80p days. Sometimes I get lucky in T as they often reduce the Organic butter. And McColl can be generous with their reductions too.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• henrik777
    • By henrik777 12th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 2,151 Posts
    • 27,351 Thanks
    henrik777

It's not looking good. Aldi was 1.08, not sure what it is now as it has vanished from MSM, Asda Smartprice says 1.23, McColls was 1.25 last time I looked, all a bit pricey compared with the 80p days. Sometimes I get lucky in T as they often reduce the Organic butter. And McColl can be generous with their reductions too.

We've got a fridge full of reduced price cream ready to churn
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 6:01 PM
    • 16,464 Posts
    • 192,789 Thanks
    mhoc

I have my receipts in month order in an old concertina folder (one of the disused ones I used for MOC storage many years ago )
    With a bit of a struggle I keep about 10 months worth.

I was clearing out August 2016 for recycling- I try not to look at least years prices but there was country life butter for £1 -

MOCs ruined us - president butter is our all time favourite but once we had Brittany butter in Morribbos with salt crystals in for £1 so we had a small stock pile, years ago now - gorgeous but you pay about £2 a pack now
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 12th Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    • 4,993 Posts
    • 74,995 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Afternoon all.Good luck with your treatment JTS.I have received bad news on my treatment.The chemo has not shrunk my cancer so I had the option of having number 4 or not bothering.I had the 4th today but have only got months left.Ive been getting some pain so morphine looks on the cards.Next step is contact from the community nurses.
    • Splodge12
    • By Splodge12 12th Sep 17, 6:31 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 3,894 Thanks
    Splodge12
    So sorry to hear your news savvy sal.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    • 2,635 Posts
    • 34,605 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Afternoon all.Good luck with your treatment JTS.I have received bad news on my treatment.The chemo has not shrunk my cancer so I had the option of having number 4 or not bothering.I had the 4th today but have only got months left.Ive been getting some pain so morphine looks on the cards.Next step is contact from the community nurses.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    So sorry to hear this Sal. Biggest of hugs.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 5,051 Posts
    • 52,391 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Oh Sal, I am so very sorry to hear this. x

• xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 12th Sep 17, 6:38 PM
    • 2,216 Posts
    • 29,645 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    SavvySal. Sorry to hear your news. Wishing you all the best x
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Sep 17, 6:49 PM
    • 18,549 Posts
    • 196,034 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Sorry to hear your news Sal, don't forget you can always come on here to let off steam xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 12th Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    • 499 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Oh Sal,

No words can say what I feel on hearing this news. Love to you and your family.

Don't give in though. You do hear stories of near miracle proportions.

SnS xx
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    • 26,081 Posts
    • 304,075 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thoughts with you Sal.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Sep 17, 7:15 PM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 18,828 Thanks
    curl girl
    Sending positive thoughts and best wishes to Sal.
    So sorry to read your post.....
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • underperky
    • By underperky 12th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    • 5,053 Posts
    • 62,822 Thanks
    underperky
    Thoughts are with you Sal ...sorry to read your news
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 12th Sep 17, 7:56 PM
    • 35,876 Posts
    • 151,082 Thanks
    silvercar
    So sorry Sal. I hope you have the support you need.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

201Posts Today

1,672Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin