Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,900Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 922
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc

OMG, my OH would die, he moaned at £4.95 for cream tea in Stratford last week
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I feel your Ohs pain - I would rather get a £1 coffee from Greggs plus a cream doughnut (ideally free via the app) and sit out on a bench in the sunshine, people watching
    That is a coffee and a doughnut to share - I am getting incredibly mean in my dotage
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 12th Sep 17, 3:34 PM
    • 3,803 Posts
    • 72,504 Thanks
    Chrisv
    2x Aussie Aussome Volume Conditioner (250ml) £8.00 £4.00
    1x Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste (75ml) £2.00 N/A
    3x Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo (300ml) £12.00 £6.00
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    I 'think' these were your 3 for 2's mrs lds.

As it's cheapest free you would have the t/paste and one of the Aussie (£6) free.

Better to buy Aussie in 3's. If you'd bought 6 Aussie, they would have cost the same as 5 Aussie and the t/paste - but 2 free (£8) and £2.20 more on your APG.

Only mix your 3 for 2's if they're all the same base price
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Sep 17, 3:36 PM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 52,413 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I feel your Ohs pain - I would rather get a £1 coffee from Greggs plus a cream doughnut (ideally free via the app) and sit out on a bench in the sunshine, people watching
    That is a coffee and a doughnut to share - I am getting incredibly mean in my dotage
    Originally posted by mhoc

I must confess to being even more mean - I often take a flask of tea out in the car with me.

It's very handy for all those moments where you just fancy a few sips of something hot to keep you going, especially if you're doing the rounds of library plus various shops.

And yes, people watching is great fun, especially in A's car park.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 12th Sep 17, 3:37 PM
    • 2,216 Posts
    • 29,645 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Pears shop

Sharwoods sauces good if you use them

9 items (5 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    5x Pears Liquid Hand Wash (237ml) £10.00 £5.00
    1x Pears Shower Gel (250ml) £2.00 £1.00
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.13 N/A
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Spaghetti Loops in Tomato Sauce (210g) £0.25 N/A
    1x Sharwood's Tikka Masala Medium Curry Cooking Sauce (420g) £0.90 £0.90
    1x Saxa Ground Black Pepper (25g) £0.70 N/A
    1x Sharwood's Korma Mild Curry Cooking Sauce (420g) £0.90 £0.90
    Comparison total (compared products only) £13.90 £7.90
    +£6.00 cheaper
    For your information:
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 3:37 PM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc
    From a sada womble dated 12/09 - might be good if you have a Mr T conditional spend

sada v tosser

1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel Nibbles Big Share Chocolate Bag (252g) £1.50 £2.50
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc
    From another womble - something actually cheaper in W

sada v waitrose

2x Old El Paso Mexican Original Smoky BBQ Fajita Seasoning Mix (35g) £1.76 £1.25
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Sep 17, 3:41 PM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 52,413 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    T's half price stationery - some offers end tomorrow 13th, some on 19th.

Presumably they'll either be further reduced or removed from sale, I'm hoping for the former but SA said they have been known just to remove them completely.

Organic veg is 342, this is also coming off the rtc but at the reduced price, just had lots of carrots and a cauli for 88p.

Managed to get out in a dry spell but the wind is picking up again already, ready for tonight's storms.
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 12-09-2017 at 3:43 PM.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 12th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 13,603 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Toothpaste and mullers vs T

1x Muller Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes (135g) £0.68 £0.25
    1x Muller Corner Toffee Yogurt with Chocolate Hoops (135g) £0.68 £0.25
    2x Muller Corner Peach & Apricot Yogurt (150g) £1.00 £0.50
    2x Colgate Total Healthy Clean Toothpaste (75ml) £4.00 £3.00
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (135g) £0.68 £0.25
    1x ASDA Fat Free Cottage Cheese With Sweet Chilli & Pepper (300g) £0.94 £1.20
    2x Muller Corner Red Cherry Yogurt (150g) £1.18 £0.50
    3x Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste (75ml) £6.00 £4.50
    2x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) £1.00 £0.50
    3x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt (150g) £1.50 £0.75
    1x Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste with Sensifoam Whitening (75ml) £2.00 £1.50
    Comparison total (compared products only)
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 52,413 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    It's called Storm Aileen.

Hold onto your hats.

• sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 12th Sep 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 13,603 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Wipes and face wash vs W

Not 10% cheaper
    Not 10% cheaper
    How was this worked out?
    View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    8 items (4 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.13 £0.14
    1x ASDA Mackerel Fillets in Teryaki Sauce (125g) £0.65 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chicken Instant Noodles (65g) £0.20 N/A
    5x Simple Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes (25pk) £15.00 £7.50
    1x Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash (150ml) £3.00 £1.75
    1x ASDA Mackerel Fillets in a Warming Curry (125g) £0.65 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g) £0.29 N/A
    1x ASDA 30% Less Fat Grated Red Cheese (250g) £1.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Tuna Chunks in Brine (160g) £0.65 N/A
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Cherry Tomatoes (250g) £0.53 N/A
    1x Leerdammer 8 Light Cheese Slices (160g) £1.50 £0.87
    Comparison total (compared products only)
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Sep 17, 4:01 PM
    • 4,853 Posts
    • 53,765 Thanks
    gocat

Hold onto your hats.

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    When I heard of that storm on the news for some reason a song called "c'mon Aileen' keeps going on in my head now
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 4:08 PM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc
    The Telegraph has an interesting offer - I cant get a clean link so you might have to google this.

If you take out a new subscription to Telegraph premium annually you also get Amazon Prime included - I think they give you a code so you can renew your membership when its due.

You also get as part of your subscription Telegraph rewards. I think this incudes Gourmet society membership which gives you 50% off meals (apart from black-out periods like December and Saturdays for most places) much like The Taste club

Also there are film previews, mostly places like cineworlds midweek, cities.

Lots of subscribers only competitions

Free hot drink in the afternoons, weekdays in Debenhams

Plus masses of other offers and discounts which update all of the time

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rewards/offers/retail/
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rewards/offers/dining/
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rewards/offers/culture/

So if you live/work/study in a city - maybe eat out in chain restaurants a couple of times a month midweek, have a cineworld close by and a Debenhams you walk past - and the time to read a daily newspaper plus you buy loads of stuff from Amazon - this is the best offer for you .

Its £100 a year (which works out at £2 a week so good value in itself) Amazon prime is £79 in itself plus what you save using the Gourmet card and having a coffee in Debenhams (rather than the usual places) - if this is your lifestyle its a massive saving to get a subscription
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 4:11 PM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc

Hold onto your hats.

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I know of one person who will be working from home while this storm is passing through so she does not have comedians at work making wise cracks that she is a force to be reckoned with
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 52,413 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I know of one person who will be working from home while this storm is passing through so she does not have comedians at work making wise cracks that she is a force to be reckoned with

Poor lady.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Sep 17, 4:22 PM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 52,413 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    When I heard of that storm on the news for some reason a song called "c'mon Aileen' keeps going on in my head now
    Originally posted by gocat

Hope it doesn't act like a mantra, calling it in.

I refuse to buy 'Let it Snow' cards at Xmas for that very reason.

Let It Not, is what I think.

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 12th Sep 17, 4:40 PM
    • 14,401 Posts
    • 242,878 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    • 9,661 Posts
    • 108,578 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Afternoon all , well after a long time of worry ,determination and hassle I'm pleased to announce that Caitlin has got into the senior school in her village. We are all over the moon and it's made everything all worthwhile eg the move etc
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 12th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 84,680 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    We did exactly that, but we had one each

Good Afternoon all , well after a long time of worry ,determination and hassle I'm pleased to announce that Caitlin has got into the senior school in her village. We are all over the moon and it's made everything all worthwhile eg the move etc
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Brilliant
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Sep 17, 4:52 PM
    • 9,661 Posts
    • 108,578 Thanks
    emerald21
    oo that was quick - I've got an estimated date of the 12th but no sign yet - mind you I still have to pick up my order so maybe that will trigger it.

No reply yet as to the 2 orders for £10 amazon email but I am still hopefull.

Just having a look at the website and general and there are 3 pages of printable vouchers for various places including some 241 breakfasts - going out for breakfast is far nicer than going out for dinners
    I never even received either email to say I've ordered my two things from Wilko to get the £10 Amazon voucher but had a phone call today to say they are ready for me to pick up . I took copied of my orders so will need to contact voucher codes now
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 4:56 PM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc
    I never even received either email to say I've ordered my two things from Wilko to get the £10 Amazon voucher but had a phone call today to say they are ready for me to pick up . I took copied of my orders so will need to contact voucher codes now
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I think we will all be messaging and emailing them tomorrow, by the morning we will have worked ourselves up to state of panic
    (Ok, just me then )
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,713Posts Today

7,032Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin