Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,204Posts
    • 34,917Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 920
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 12th Sep 17, 10:20 AM
    • 9,019 Posts
    • 56,820 Thanks
    LEJC
    cream - it will show up the tan nicely. Ideally if you can get one that is quite boxy, a bit more structured - a bit more towards a jacket than a cardigan - so it will still be casual but look a bit more dressed up.
    Also 3/4 sleeves are good as again they show the tan off

Also cardigans look good with the jeans and t-shirt combination so it need not sit in the wardrobe after saturday

(personally I hate cardigans with no buttons but if you are a non dress person it might be a better option)
    Originally posted by mhoc

I love a cardi over a dress....and with the dark coulours I tend to opt for something bright...lime green or sage if you prefer something a little toned down....but my favourite with navy is fuscia pink!

Go bold Sarah!
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 12th Sep 17, 10:24 AM
    • 4,256 Posts
    • 91,564 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    It is rather long...
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Maybe, but when you have little to no energy it's off little significance then you watch it again because you can't remember any of it

A condensed version (14 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upWpQDidgVE

Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 12th Sep 17, 10:27 AM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 13,603 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    could anyone tell me what the mullers work out at each please? i have looked back but couldn't find the answer.
    also, its buy it 12's, no trigger, is that right?

TIA
    Originally posted by aallank
    I'm not sure what they work out at but I bought 12 vs T no trigger. Hth
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 12th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,022 Thanks
    zippydooda
    It's rubbish
    https://vimeo.com/164318269
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 12th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,022 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Thanks Chris. I'd just watched it straight after I posted. It was a schools information episode.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 12th Sep 17, 10:36 AM
    • 2,721 Posts
    • 33,461 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    could anyone tell me how much the mullers work out at each please? i have looked back but couldn't find the answer.
    also, its buy it 12's, no trigger, is that right?

TIA

Not bought, but ......Search keyword 'muller' = answer in 2 seconds on page 1

Simples !
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 10:38 AM
    • 16,486 Posts
    • 192,943 Thanks
    mhoc
    If you have an American express card - free film screenings for October 10th (think it might be cineworlds?)
    I've not clicked on any so I don't know if there is a booking fee

Welcome to the registration page for complimentary tickets to UK-wide screenings of Battle Of The Sexes at selected cinemas. If you are an American Express Cardmember, you can access tickets now. Maximum of 4 tickets per Cardmember

Battle Of The Sexes is the true story of the 1973 tennis match between World number one Billie Jean King and ex-champ and serial hustler Bobby Riggs.

Simply check availability below and click 'Book now.'

Once tickets are all claimed, we'll open up a limited waiting list for cancellations before showing it as 'Fully booked'.

https://www.weticketit.com/seeitfirst/booking/Event/detail/GIL79351
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Sep 17, 10:39 AM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 84,609 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Good morning all....

Lovely to see you popping in JTS.

Mrs 3 Dogs list is testing me....I don't need anything on it,but when its placed in front of me in simple terms I can't help but salivate over the W comparisons and wonder just how long it will take for my resolve to crumble.

I was in T yesterday and bought the long life dream stuff...just one carton for £1....but the SS till managed to take 3 coupons without issue so a little opportunity for a "moderate overage"...i did wonder about using the 4th coupon too but lost my nerve...but 3 worked fine without issue.
    Got to be my favourite coupon of the year....so thank you I think to curl girl for posting.....
    Originally posted by LEJC

My £1 coupons from the Aveeno baby samples were burning a hole in my purse and persuaded me to get 3 more Aveeno this morning LEJC

• aallank
    • By aallank 12th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 19,614 Thanks
    aallank
    I'm not sure what they work out at but I bought 12 vs T no trigger. Hth
    Originally posted by sparklyfee
    Thank you

Not bought, but ......Search keyword 'muller' = answer in 2 seconds on page 1

Simples !
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Haha, thank you, i did this yesterday and saw that no trigger was needed and to buy in 12's but couldn't work out how much it worked out at per muller after getting apg back (maths is rubbish)
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 12th Sep 17, 10:45 AM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 21,910 Thanks
    Saversue
    A house just down from us is in the process of being re-roofed, they stripped down at least half of it yesterday, and were in the process of stripping down more. They seemed to have one group stripping and another group re-tiling it. I just hope not too much was uncovered as we had a couple of minutes of torrential rain that would have been like normal rain for a couple of hours, but weather here yesterday on the whole was not so bad.

As for Studio, have only ever bought tiny things from them, on the whole have avoided them due to their reputation. Don't know if they will be on https://www.!!!!!!!!!!!!!/index-search.php? Might be worth a look, always good to go to the top. Don't know why that is !d out - it is www.c e o email.com without the spaces. If someone knows why it is banned from here can they let me know please, sure I have mentioned it before.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    All the batons, roofing felt, softs, barge-boards and gutters are being done as well as the tiles. When out yesterday saw a couple of houses in the process of being done and roofers where desperately trying to cover them up wuth plastic, but it was blowing off as quick as they were trying to get it on.

Have just made a complaint to Studio through Resolver and have rung them once again. No record of request for refund. Garden furniture is available at 5 times what I paid for it, if I would like to re-order
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 12th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 2,721 Posts
    • 33,461 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Thank you

Haha, thank you, i did this yesterday and saw that no trigger was needed and to buy in 12's but couldn't work out how much it worked out at per muller after getting apg back (maths is rubbish)
    22p at a very quick rough calculation.
    • curlgirl
    • By curlgirl 12th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 490 Posts
    • 6,424 Thanks
    curlgirl
    Thank you

They are 12 for £3
    £3-10% (30p) =£2.70 divided by 12 = 22.5p each
    I think
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 10:50 AM
    • 16,486 Posts
    • 192,943 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just checked my American express account for new member offers. I seem to have quite a few offers for London restaurants - spend £100 get £20 back.
    Except for Claridges where I only have to spend £75 to get £25 back

I think I need to be using this card a bit more for small purchases - outside of the nectar stable eg sainsbobs, Pizza Express - then they might have a better understanding of where I eat out
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 12th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 9,019 Posts
    • 56,820 Thanks
    LEJC
    My £1 coupons from the Aveeno baby samples were burning a hole in my purse and persuaded me to get 3 more Aveeno this morning LEJC

Originally posted by izzeyb
    you see Izzey...I have a similar type of problem....they are shouting very loudly at me!!!!!

...and I am a sucker for a face wipe.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 12th Sep 17, 10:56 AM
    • 3,805 Posts
    • 72,525 Thanks
    Chrisv
    They are 12 for £3
    I think
    Originally posted by curlgirl
    Spot on

Pay £6.72, APG £4.02.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 12th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 9,019 Posts
    • 56,820 Thanks
    LEJC
    Just checked my American express account for new member offers. I seem to have quite a few offers for London restaurants - spend £100 get £20 back.
    Except for Claridges where I only have to spend £75 to get £25 back

I think I need to be using this card a bit more for small purchases - outside of the nectar stable eg sainsbobs, Pizza Express - then they might have a better understanding of where I eat out
    how about an afternoon tea...

http://www.claridges.co.uk/mayfair-restaurants-bars/london-afternoon-tea/

I've got a friend who decided to take a business associate there for morning coffee a few months ago and ended up with a bill in excess of £50 for a couple of drinks and something biscuity on the side!
    Last edited by LEJC; 12-09-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • aallank
    • By aallank 12th Sep 17, 10:59 AM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 19,614 Thanks
    aallank
    22p at a very quick rough calculation.
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    They are 12 for £3
    I think
    Originally posted by curlgirl
    Spot on

Pay £6.72, APG £4.02.
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Thank you all, i've never been any good at working out prices
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 12th Sep 17, 11:01 AM
    • 6,405 Posts
    • 84,710 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    cream - it will show up the tan nicely. Ideally if you can get one that is quite boxy, a bit more structured - a bit more towards a jacket than a cardigan - so it will still be casual but look a bit more dressed up.
    Also 3/4 sleeves are good as again they show the tan off

Also cardigans look good with the jeans and t-shirt combination so it need not sit in the wardrobe after saturday

(personally I hate cardigans with no buttons but if you are a non dress person it might be a better option)

I love a cardi over a dress....and with the dark coulours I tend to opt for something bright...lime green or sage if you prefer something a little toned down....but my favourite with navy is fuscia pink!

Go bold Sarah!

Great thanks ladies, I did think pink but wasnt sure with navy.

I own lots of dresses, but only for holidays I just dont seem to wear them here, sometimes feel slightly overdressed in a dress, when everyone else turns up in jeans

At least I have a few options to pick from now when I go shopping, and as you say I can wear them again with jeans.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Sep 17, 11:08 AM
    • 16,486 Posts
    • 192,943 Thanks
    mhoc
    how about an afternoon tea...

http://www.claridges.co.uk/mayfair-restaurants-bars/london-afternoon-tea/

I've got a friend who decided to take a business associate there for morning coffee a few months ago and ended up with a bill in excess of £50 for a couple of drinks and something biscuity on the side!
    • underperky
    • By underperky 12th Sep 17, 11:42 AM
    • 5,055 Posts
    • 62,837 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning ....delivered dgd to school today ...fab to see all the

smiling happy faces ...... child hood is so sweet .....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,643Posts Today

6,537Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin