Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,204Posts
    • 34,917Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 915
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 11th Sep 17, 4:34 PM
    • 4,256 Posts
    • 91,564 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    For anyone interested I watched an interview with Dr Myhill, what she has to say makes a lot of sense. (The interviewer is a bit rubbish though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDtLJlvK9cU

Bubbs - she eats the fat on her meat too.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 11th Sep 17, 4:35 PM
    • 4,256 Posts
    • 91,564 Thanks
    Westvleteren

I could never survive on that what you put in bold
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Wouldn't say that till you tried it But it would get a bit boring....
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 11th Sep 17, 4:36 PM
    • 4,256 Posts
    • 91,564 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Ooopps, Westie take over

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Sep 17, 4:39 PM
    • 50,585 Posts
    • 581,476 Thanks
    bubbs
    For anyone interested I watched an interview with Dr Myhill, what she has to say makes a lot of sense. (The interviewer is a bit rubbish though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDtLJlvK9cU

Bubbs - she eats the fat on her meat too.
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    I think the fat gives it more flavour
    Wouldn't say that till you tried it But it would get a bit boring....
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    No i like food and eating hence why i was fat but now i eat loads but the right things
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • obama
    • By obama 11th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 8,662 Thanks
    obama
    Good afternoon, lovely Elite

One for the dog lovers. Amazon are doing a deal on a posh box of doggie goodies, costs £9.99, but they credit you back the cost in full towards your next pet related purchase. Looks like you need Prime to get the deal, mind.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073ZJ7KN5
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 1,994 Posts
    • 18,860 Thanks
    curl girl
    Beer......

Maltsmiths Craft Beers work out at 35p per bottle after 10% apg and cs/cos cashback.
    £6 v £6 M for 4 was hoping it matched the ms 5.75 price but it didn't.

IPA and Pils.

Hth.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Sep 17, 5:24 PM
    • 50,585 Posts
    • 581,476 Thanks
    bubbs
    Beer......

Maltsmiths Craft Beers work out at 35p per bottle after 10% apg and cs/cos cashback.
    £6 v £6 M for 4 was hoping it matched the ms 5.75 price but it didn't.

IPA and Pils.

Hth.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Finishes today though dosent it?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Sep 17, 5:47 PM
    • 26,090 Posts
    • 304,173 Thanks
    davemorton
    For people looking for a cheap hotel before a cruise in Southampton , Malmaison have their £50 night offer on again, and there is a hotel in Winchester. Wish I had not booked my Premier Inn, as would have stayed there instead. Friday nights only. Thanks to HUKD

Edit: Ignore, that one isnt included.
    Last edited by davemorton; 11-09-2017 at 5:50 PM.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 1,994 Posts
    • 18,860 Thanks
    curl girl
    Finishes today though dosent it?
    Beer finishes on the 12th.
    Only noticed it this afternoon so got 6 of each when getting the Palmolive shower gel as it's the first time I've done a shower gel shop!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Sep 17, 6:00 PM
    • 1,994 Posts
    • 18,860 Thanks
    curl girl
    Rubbish day today got soaked!

Must have missed the beer posts sorry if I've repeated old news!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 6:05 PM
    • 16,486 Posts
    • 192,949 Thanks
    mhoc
    For people looking for a cheap hotel before a cruise in Southampton , Malmaison have their £50 night offer on again, and there is a hotel in Winchester. Wish I had not booked my Premier Inn, as would have stayed there instead. Friday nights only. Thanks to HUKD

Originally posted by davemorton
    You have to spend £50 in the restaurant to get your £100 Friday night room - I think a lot of us on Elite would choke at the thought of spending this much
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 6:11 PM
    • 16,486 Posts
    • 192,949 Thanks
    mhoc

And talking of Winchester - are there any Elite experts on here who know Winchester inside and out? I am wondering how far the station is from the city and also their range of hotels - premier Inn/Travelodge/accor etc?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Sep 17, 6:14 PM
    • 50,585 Posts
    • 581,476 Thanks
    bubbs
    Beer finishes on the 12th.
    Only noticed it this afternoon so got 6 of each when getting the Palmolive shower gel as it's the first time I've done a shower gel shop!
    Thanks, someone mentioned it over the weekend (clipstrip bargains) i think, i asked how much it ended up but everyoe ignored me
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    • 50,585 Posts
    • 581,476 Thanks
    bubbs
    Rubbish day today got soaked!

Must have missed the beer posts sorry if I've repeated old news!
    We have had some cracking rain today with thunder thrown in too
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    • 26,090 Posts
    • 304,173 Thanks
    davemorton
    You have to spend £50 in the restaurant to get your £100 Friday night room - I think a lot of us on Elite would choke at the thought of spending this much
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Not £100 a night, its £50 for the room, and then £50 for the meal/drinks. So if a PL is going to be £70, you might as well pay another £15 each to get a 3 course meal thrown in and a nicer experience.

Im sure I stopped at Winchester once, and the PI was right next to the station, but as usual, I could be wrong as its a little blurry.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Elljay
    • By Elljay 11th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    Elljay
    And talking of Winchester - are there any Elite experts on here who know Winchester inside and out? I am wondering how far the station is from the city and also their range of hotels - premier Inn/Travelodge/accor etc?
    I wouldn't class myself as an elite expert......but I live near Winchester. the railway station is at the top of the hill an easy stroll into the town. The Premier Inn is about a 10 minute walk from the shops but the opposite end of the railway station.....so about a 25 -35 minute walk from the Train Station. The Wessex Hotel (a Mercure) is in the middle of the town. so about a 10-15 minute walk from the Train Station. Hope this helps!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 50,585 Posts
    • 581,476 Thanks
    bubbs
    Not £100 a night, its £50 for the room, and then £50 for the meal/drinks. So if a PL is going to be £70, you might as well pay another £15 each to get a 3 course meal thrown in and a nicer experience.

Im sure I stopped at Winchester once, and the PI was right next to the station, but as usual, I could be wrong as its a little blurry.
    You wrong, never
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    • 26,090 Posts
    • 304,173 Thanks
    davemorton
    You wrong, never
    Yes, your right, wrong is a little strong, mistaken could be a better way to phrase it. Thank you bubbs for clearing that up.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Sep 17, 7:04 PM
    • 33,725 Posts
    • 448,001 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening paw sniffers

Well I never got to Teskies today so I don't know if there was overage on the Dream milk to go towards the Kettle chips.

And the reason I never got to Teskies was that I changed handbags and left my coupon wallet at home

Couldn't bear to enter a supermarket without my coupons. Then I WOULD have to spend really money.

It's been a proper chilly day today
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Sep 17, 7:09 PM
    • 33,725 Posts
    • 448,001 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    When we do the midweek afternoon shops my Oh is usually still in his work suit with his work ID name badge on a neck cord.
    He quite reguarly gets mistaken for a supermarket manager - probably because of the hanging about and looking bored expression. Last week in Aldi someone wanted to return something from produce for an exchange so Oh just told them to go help themselves

(I know most people would be out of their suit and into jeans as soon as they got home but Oh thinks this would be exhausting so he skips a step and goes straight from work suit into his sleep suit - hence still being in work suit going shopping)
    I think with the right air of authority you can get away with murder

Look on the bright side mrmhoc is saving you on the washing....straight from suit into jimjams
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

2,161Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin