Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,853Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 913
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 8:52 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,425 Thanks
    mhoc
    I popped into Lidl today to return a pack of peppers bought yesterday that were well past their best. The green one was mouldy.

I think it's the first time I've ever had to return anything.

There was someone moving boxes around at the front of the store so I asked her if I could change them.

Yes she said. Went and got a fresh pack. Didn't even want to see my receipt.

I'm starting to think she didn't even work there
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    When we do the midweek afternoon shops my Oh is usually still in his work suit with his work ID name badge on a neck cord.
    He quite reguarly gets mistaken for a supermarket manager - probably because of the hanging about and looking bored expression. Last week in Aldi someone wanted to return something from produce for an exchange so Oh just told them to go help themselves

(I know most people would be out of their suit and into jeans as soon as they got home but Oh thinks this would be exhausting so he skips a step and goes straight from work suit into his sleep suit - hence still being in work suit going shopping)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 11th Sep 17, 8:53 AM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all...

Well who would have thought it...as TM was probably pulling out out Norfolk on Friday afternoon,we were pulling in....

Lovely weekend in Cromer...never been to that bit of the world before and it was lovely.....back home now but feeling refreshed and just what we needed.

Toiletry update is none in and 4 out....2 deo's,a sample body lotion and a full sized face cream
    I promise I dont smell its just I used up 2 almost empty cans over the weekend whilst away!

Hope everyone has a lovely week and that HG's American friends enjoy their stay.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Sep 17, 9:01 AM
    • 6,395 Posts
    • 84,621 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 5,043 Posts
    • 52,302 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Sep 17, 10:11 AM
    • 5,043 Posts
    • 52,302 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    UpnGo have an ad in Metro today.

Just an ad.

But who knows, maybe they will repeat their coupons this autumn...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• underperky
    • By underperky 11th Sep 17, 11:01 AM
    • 5,052 Posts
    • 62,811 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,425 Thanks
    mhoc
    Basically yes gocat......you request your current sipp to go to drawdown. You have to phone them to ask for this to happen, they have to send you an illustration, you have to sign, provide id etc, it takes a couple of weeks. The sipp then moves into a sipp drawdown account. I have requested my 25% tax free, and then I am taking the max that I can within my personal allowance. Next week I am calling them up, so I can open my new sipp, pop the £2880 in, get the tax man to add the free £720, then do exactly the same. hth
    Originally posted by juju17
    I've only just got around to doing this, ringing Hargreaves for drawdown, quite a long phone call.
    I am going to take the £700 first (why was yours £720?) and then about Feb time take the rest.
    He said I would probably get emergency tax taken off when I withdraw the rest but I can get this back - so long since I even had a tax code ...

Waiting now for paperwork and feeling a bit daunted ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • locarr
    • By locarr 11th Sep 17, 11:19 AM
    • 7,777 Posts
    • 138,008 Thanks
    locarr
    with pics...
    got the mince and NCG soup with coupon

and got the bacon to try the Bubbs/westie Bacon and eggs weight loss progam!

Cirio Toms half price and PYO still
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Sep 17, 11:22 AM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,421 Thanks
    emerald21
    I've only just got around to doing this, ringing Hargreaves for drawdown, quite a long phone call.
    I am going to take the £700 first (why was yours £720?) and then about Feb time take the rest.
    He said I would probably get emergency tax taken off when I withdraw the rest but I can get this back - so long since I even had a tax code ...

Originally posted by mhoc

Mhoc how long was it before you heard that VoucherCodes had accepted your two shops at wilko to get a £10 Amazon voucher back please. I haven t got any acknowledgement that I have or indeed acknowledgements of my two orders from Wilko. I did them on Friday.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 11th Sep 17, 11:26 AM
    • 6,775 Posts
    • 54,801 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Gregs app playing up for me this morning Grrr..
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 11:34 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,425 Thanks
    mhoc
    Mhoc how long was it before you heard that VoucherCodes had accepted your two shops at wilko to get a £10 Amazon voucher back please. I haven t got any acknowledgement that I have or indeed acknowledgements of my two orders from Wilko. I did them on Friday.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I did my 2 orders on Thursday - left a bit of a gap between the 2 so it could be seen as 2 separate orders.
    Nothing updated on my rewards page so I thought it might do overnight but it didnt.
    Next day I had a phone call to collect my order and I then checked online again, still nothing so I emailed them with all of the details.
    Then at about 6 on Friday night I had the email to say that they had seen I'd done my 2 orders and a date - 30 days from yesterday when I would get my amazon e code.
    I've not yet had an actual answer to my email and the page has not updated yet but I've screen shot everything and fingers crossed.

help@vouchercodes.co.uk

Until I've had an email in response I think I will be a bit unsure. Its a "no loss" gamble anyway as I just got 2 loo paper orders which is something that will always be needed and I paid with paypal (shoppix and receipt hog rewards - so very app, old receipts in exchange for loo paper )
    • Honeybee1978
    • By Honeybee1978 11th Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    Honeybee1978
    Toothpaste
    Good morning to all, going asda shopping today, does anyone want me check any for you. Also the Colgate someone said was on 3 for 2, which one is it please. Can anyone help me please.

Kind regards
    Thank you all for your help
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 11:38 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,425 Thanks
    mhoc
    Matalan have just text me as well about collecting my order - this was the other vouchercode offer last week.

Matalan have also sent me a conditional spend voucher for my next online order £10 wys £25 which is not too bad if there is something you actually need - Christmas things, bedding, towels etc ...
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Sep 17, 11:42 AM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,421 Thanks
    emerald21
    Gregs app playing up for me this morning Grrr..
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Yes me too actually. I've downloaded it then when I try to enter details etc it goes off. Hopefully ok later. Secret is to have more than one phone
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Sep 17, 11:44 AM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,421 Thanks
    emerald21
    Matalan have just text me as well about collecting my order - this was the other vouchercode offer last week.

Matalan have also sent me a conditional spend voucher for my next online order £10 wys £25 which is not too bad if there is something you actually need - Christmas things, bedding, towels etc ...
    Mmm I missed that . It's a pest when it's limited hours as I was out and forgot . I ll leave it a bit longer then email them . Anymore Greggs shops around lol
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 11:49 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,425 Thanks
    mhoc
    And on the minus side having got my electric bills down to £64 a month direct debit Scottish Power now want £94 a month - deep sigh
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 11:51 AM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,425 Thanks
    mhoc
    Mmm I missed that . It's a pest when it's limited hours as I was out and forgot . I ll leave it a bit longer then email them . Anymore Greggs shops around lol
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Yes there was only 500 and with is being on the darkside and everywhere I was online at exactly 11, knew exactly what I was getting and put the order in as fast as I could
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Sep 17, 12:08 PM
    • 26,034 Posts
    • 303,755 Thanks
    davemorton
    Woohoooo!! New playground, thanks RF.
    Edit: Website that tracks some cruise prices.
    https://www.cruiseville.co.uk/cruises/details/?MjAyMDBjdg1e

Argoos stock checker
    http://www.checknow.co.uk/
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thanks for reminding us about the argoos stock checker. I have added it to the first page.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Sep 17, 12:13 PM
    • 6,395 Posts
    • 84,621 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

and got the bacon to try the Bubbs/westie Bacon and eggs weight loss progam!
    Originally posted by locarr
    Bacon and eggs weight loss program, sounds lovely, I need this
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • juju17
    • By juju17 11th Sep 17, 12:32 PM
    • 982 Posts
    • 12,068 Thanks
    juju17

The £720 is what the tax man adds....when you deposit £2880, making it £3600.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,304Posts Today

8,357Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin