Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,900Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 912
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 11th Sep 17, 6:36 AM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 84,609 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Best price I have seen for the Rice Dream.

Waitrose half price offers, 80p. Only on offer until tomorrow.

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/rice-dream-quinoa/606443-601728-601729

Were quite happy to take 3 of the £1.50 coupons yesterday, along with a cat food coupon I had, plus free coffee and the newspaper

My card then produced a Waitrose till spit for a free 1 litre carton of Innocent Coconut Water. That is currently £2.77. Think this was probably generated from the glitch on the Innocent fruit juices a few weeks back. Very useful towards another £10 next Sunday.

Last edited by izzeyb; 11-09-2017 at 6:48 AM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Sep 17, 7:03 AM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,403 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Soon rolls round to Monday
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Sep 17, 7:29 AM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,822 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers

Work calls

I'll be Tesky way today so will look out for the Kettle bites that Lango mentioned yesterday.

Just checked.....can buy 12 packs

But I might just get one

Plus a Dream milk and see if I get overage
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Sep 17, 7:30 AM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,822 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning everyone. Horrid day outside today.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Did you hear the rain overnight
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Sep 17, 7:51 AM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,134 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all. Monday again
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Sep 17, 7:55 AM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,403 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning paw sniffers

Work calls

I'll be Tesky way today so will look out for the Kettle bites that Lango mentioned yesterday.

But I might just get one

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Kettle bites 1.50 just been, we missed them
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Sep 17, 7:57 AM
    • 9,661 Posts
    • 108,578 Thanks
    emerald21
    You take your own drink to PEx? I am not sure I would be able to do that - I am briefing Little Anons that they are having water next time and drinks when they get home .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I only take a small bottle of water/squash and just pour it into those blue cups they have there . The £6.50 3dogs paid for her drink would have paid for my meal and £1.50 left over. I don't go very often as it's fattening

Good Morning all.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Sep 17, 7:57 AM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 196,108 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, had a little rain here but is clearing now.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 11th Sep 17, 7:59 AM
    • 2,243 Posts
    • 23,945 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Morning peeps.....Still breezy here but no rain...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Sep 17, 8:03 AM
    • 9,661 Posts
    • 108,578 Thanks
    emerald21
    Those little robertsons squash'd bottles would be good for this. Quick squirt in the water when no staff are looking

ETA Ive found another one that seems to be sweetened with something called Stevia and suppose to not leave any aftertaste which the robertson one does apparently
    Oasis Mighty Drops

£2 A vs £1.50 W

Wonder if the oasis one is allowed on SW
    Originally posted by gocat
    Yes I've done that before now.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 11th Sep 17, 8:12 AM
    • 35,878 Posts
    • 151,090 Thanks
    silvercar
    Sunday Times TV section mentioned a new series on S4C called "bangs". Set in Port Talbot, not a million miles from where I grew up (and watching on TV means you don't get the smell!).

I gave it a go, but most of the dialogue was in welsh. I happily watch sub titled foreign language series on Walter Presents on Ch4. I suppose its a political point not to sub title S4C, but how many Port Talbot residents have Welsh as their first language? Probably less than 10%.

Half way through I found out that turning sub titles on for S4C means you get English subtitles. (Which makes me think, how to welsh speakers get welsh subtitles?).
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Sep 17, 8:14 AM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 18,852 Thanks
    curl girl

BG email just now "Your monthly payment amount needs to change from £69.89 to £124.36."

I submitted my readings as requested - it said as a result I was in credit by £15. So imagine my surprise just now when the bill has come through. I know the fix ends next month and that it will be going up, but seriously? Are they having a laugh?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Mine was similar.
    They also wanted to increase 2 months before the end of the fix!
    Ask about the duel fuel discount as they told me they are also stopping the £15 discount.

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 11th Sep 17, 8:24 AM
    • 5,340 Posts
    • 93,290 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Morning peeps.

Just about to go out and hopefully get the Greggs deal.

I'm also going to get a couple (or more) of free drinks from P&P.

Then onto A's to fill up on the 3 for 2 deals.
    Only doing this because of wombles.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 11th Sep 17, 8:32 AM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 25,992 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Kettle bites 1.50 just been, we missed them
    Originally posted by bubbs
    £1.50 in my 2 T stores yesterday
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 8:35 AM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning paw sniffers

Work calls

But I might just get one

I've been looking at a photo from Total couponery on twitter and she has Bonne Mammon strawberry desserts and so I was wondering about these coupons - but then I thought she must have got these MOCs from the Food Show

My Mr T goes live today so Ive been thinking about my £20 spend - how best to use but getting cashback items and then coupons to get it below £20.

so far
    rocket fuel coffee £3.50 - shopimum
    metcalfes (cos) - which flavours match sada though?
    rice dream milk if its long life - mocs
    Last edited by mhoc; 11-09-2017 at 8:42 AM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Sep 17, 8:35 AM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,345 Thanks
    tweets
    Where is all the manky weather tomorrow..... I may just stay in bed!
    TIA
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    its here
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Sep 17, 8:38 AM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,345 Thanks
    tweets
    Night all now

Originally posted by 3Dogs
    So true

Lost 3st-3lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Sep 17, 8:40 AM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,345 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Sep 17, 8:42 AM
    • 12,079 Posts
    • 132,195 Thanks
    Anon
    Good morning.

You probably know this already but I didn't so I am sharing in case it is useful. On an offer on HUKD someone provided a link to a site which checks stock availability in Arg0s nationwide. I know you can do it on their site/app, but I have always found it a faff and it limits how many stores it shows at once.

Once you have set your postcode, this site brings up all stores starting with the nearest as one list. I have no idea how accurate it is, but it may be of use if chasing a particular deal. It is www.checknow.co.uk.

Hth

Anon
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Sep 17, 8:52 AM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc
    I popped into Lidl today to return a pack of peppers bought yesterday that were well past their best. The green one was mouldy.

I think it's the first time I've ever had to return anything.

There was someone moving boxes around at the front of the store so I asked her if I could change them.

Yes she said. Went and got a fresh pack. Didn't even want to see my receipt.

I'm starting to think she didn't even work there
    When we do the midweek afternoon shops my Oh is usually still in his work suit with his work ID name badge on a neck cord.
    He quite reguarly gets mistaken for a supermarket manager - probably because of the hanging about and looking bored expression. Last week in Aldi someone wanted to return something from produce for an exchange so Oh just told them to go help themselves

(I know most people would be out of their suit and into jeans as soon as they got home but Oh thinks this would be exhausting so he skips a step and goes straight from work suit into his sleep suit - hence still being in work suit going shopping)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,713Posts Today

7,032Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin