Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,903Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 898
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Sep 17, 9:00 AM
    • 5,539 Posts
    • 67,953 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Good Morning

Raining again and if forecast correct thunder and lightening from 10am
    Originally posted by tweets
    Please could you hold onto the rain just until I get my sheets dry. You can send it down after that. Thank you
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Sep 17, 9:00 AM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Newark is a loverly town SSM.....On the whole its unspoilt with loads of major shops....Nice for a quiet stroll around...Only 8 miles from me...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    We turned the corner into Waities and the Castle is there, in your face just metres away. I got quite a surprise
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Sep 17, 9:02 AM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hg....Mr TM has received an invitation to meet Sir Bradley

I might have to accompany him.....
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 5,055 Posts
    • 52,416 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I have been to Newark in the dim and distant past - to a huge antique fair - it was impossible to walk all round, it seemed to go on for miles.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Sep 17, 9:15 AM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 196,120 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I have been to Newark in the dim and distant past - to a huge antique fair - it was impossible to walk all round, it seemed to go on for miles.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I have memories of Newark from when I was a child, my grandparents lived there and I hated going to stay. They lived in a rickety old house with no central heating (remember hearing them say we don't need these new fangled things), they had no fridge and we had to eat sweaty ham that came out of a tin and smelt funny. All they did was make meals, we had to do everything else. When we got there the house was filthy and we were expected to clean it top to bottom, although it was very small.

Weird, the instant they retired they stopped doing anything, they bought a fridge after a lot of nagging from my father (only child) and he had to travel up from Sussex to "install" it They would not even go out without having someone come to pick them up, wouldn't use buses etc. They were always the boss of my father though, and I remember more than one holiday had to be cancelled because they wanted something doing.

So no, I will not be visiting Newark in the near future.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Sep 17, 9:24 AM
    • 15,047 Posts
    • 182,856 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Newark is a loverly town SSM.....On the whole its unspoilt with loads of major shops....Nice for a quiet stroll around...Only 8 miles from me...
    We turned the corner into Waities and the Castle is there, in your face just metres away. I got quite a surprise
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    It is beautiful. I go there rather too much.... but there is a Waities and an Asda!

Enterprise - your grandparents sound like my parents, expect my parents would go on posh holidays leaving us at home alone.

When our parents were home, we used to have to get home from school and dust and hoover everything including under the cushions on the sofa and the stairs, and have a cup of tea made fresh for mum when she came through the door at 4.10 pm.

We loved them going on holiday, no cleaning until the day before they got home. My older brother used to drive their car whilst they were away.... he started driving it when he was 11 which at the time we thought was but as we have matured became .
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 9th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    • 1,445 Posts
    • 9,757 Thanks
    lesliejack
    Good morning.
    Thank Zippy for the APG tip on SS, worked a treat.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Yes, thank you, a bit tedious keying in all the numbers, but much better than the alternative!
    essex girl in exile
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Sep 17, 9:39 AM
    • 5,539 Posts
    • 67,953 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Hg....Mr TM has received an invitation to meet Sir Bradley

I might have to accompany him.....
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Ooh, exciting! When, where? Or is it top secret?
    I met an international sports star last night too
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Sep 17, 9:43 AM
    • 12,080 Posts
    • 132,205 Thanks
    Anon
    HI De Hi....and a good morning to you all....It started bright but now its raining...Hope you have a good day folks...
    Ho De Ho.

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Sep 17, 9:46 AM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all. Blue skies here too
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 12,080 Posts
    • 132,205 Thanks
    Anon
    Good morning all.

I can recommend Doctor Foster, which has just started again on BBC1 - fortunately series one was on catchup as I had not seen it, so after a few late nights I have caught up .

There are also two new dramas starting g o. Monday 9pm on BBC1 and ITV, both by the writers of The Missing so should be good .

The new TV schedules are always welcome after the summer.

Anon
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 9th Sep 17, 10:31 AM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 42,735 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Good morning

Hope everyone is well, I need to do a mammoth catch up as I'm a few pages behind !

Mrs mac are you about? I am hoping to make some tablet for a work friends birthday and I have heard you talking about it before, I've looked online and have found quite a few different variations but was hoping you would have a more traditional recipe you could share ? X
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • aau1
    • By aau1 9th Sep 17, 10:41 AM
    • 18,799 Posts
    • 323,598 Thanks
    aau1
    Good morning

Hope everyone is well, I need to do a mammoth catch up as I'm a few pages behind !

Mrs mac are you about? I am hoping to make some tablet for a work friends birthday and I have heard you talking about it before, I've looked online and have found quite a few different variations but was hoping you would have a more traditional recipe you could share ? X
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Her tablet is dee-lish!
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    Pah! Grey clouds all above now.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 9th Sep 17, 10:55 AM
    • 904 Posts
    • 8,819 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Morning all Hope all is well with the Elite. Busy couple of days had to drive down to Portsmouth Thurs for a fitting for DDs dress M25 and A3 nightmare traffic but aleast the A3 more scenic. Didn't get back until 7pm.

Yesterday sorting out PPI claim to go to Omsbudsman as Mortgage Company have sent a final response letter to say they have never sold the product 4 days after they sent me a letter acknowledging the product was with my Mortgage. Now they have closed the complaint without even giving me a chance to complete the FOS form they sent and to supply them with supporting documentation.

Only realised I had it when I was shredding old mortgage paperwork as I am now Mortgage free.

Still won't appreciate the extra pennies each month until after DDs wedding ££££s are flying out of my AC at the mo

xx
    • aau1
    • By aau1 9th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    • 18,799 Posts
    • 323,598 Thanks
    aau1
    Bb8 Drawstring Bag - 1p instore @ Argos

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bb8-drawstring-bag-1p-instore-argos-2785549

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5447819

OOS everywhere near me though
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Sep 17, 11:08 AM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,020 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Originally posted by aau1
    oos for me too
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Sep 17, 11:15 AM
    • 12,080 Posts
    • 132,205 Thanks
    Anon
    Decisions decisions. VM are putting my bill up £3.99 per month from November .

I would normally use this as a negotiating opportunity as at least I would expect to be able to get an account credit to cover this rise for 6 months. However, do I risk them spotting the larger than intended discount applied earlier this year...? I negotiated in the Spring and then changed my mind on an upgrade before install, but the rolling credit based on the higher package has continued, which has effectively given me another £11 off per month .

I quite like the idea of the V6 which they are offering existing customers for £20 (some seem to be getting it free through Retentions and others had free from V Red app). I hopefully have 6 months left if the credit continues before having to negotiate again.

Anon
    • altojack
    • By altojack 9th Sep 17, 11:30 AM
    • 9,078 Posts
    • 121,697 Thanks
    altojack
    Good morning Elite

Sunny morning here so washing out there and almost dry, another load awaits

I hope all the little Eliters have settled in their schools, I remember the first day for my four boys, heart wrenching isn't it? Especially if yours is one that just turns and runs off into the crowded playground, leaving you standing at the gate. Yes, I had one of them . I cried all morning . Years ago now.

Another weekend upon us, so I hope you all enjoy whatever you've planned.

Hugs to the Elite poorly and those low in spirit. You're all in my thoughts today xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 145
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 9th Sep 17, 11:32 AM
    • 9,078 Posts
    • 121,697 Thanks
    altojack
    Catch-up in order, surveys to do and one review. Better get to it then. See you all later.

TM , you should have given me a shout, Burnham Market isn't that far from me. Yes, Norfolk and Suffolk do have fantastically fresh crabs xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 145
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

1,524Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin