Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,903Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 897
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 8th Sep 17, 10:29 PM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    too busy today, tomorrow instead
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I prefer Saturday nights anyway, always too shattered to go at it on a Friday.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Sep 17, 11:02 PM
    • 19,598 Posts
    • 253,739 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I don't know what has happened. The weather forecast online is still showing rain clouds (albeit light rain) for almost all night (all but one hour in the early hours). We have not had a drop of rain since early this morning. Still totally dry - albeit colder now but I could have had the clothes outside all daytime and still no rain.

I now think they put the rainclouds as they think there is a more than 50% chance of rain. There could be a 99% chance of rain. However, I have the 1% chance of no rain and I have got it. Not a drop. I just wish it was just as easy to win the lottery but sadly not.

Watch... rain will suddenly start heavily within seconds of me posting this. But I think not. I reckon it will be dry all night. It will probably be dry all tomorrow as well as the forecasters show a narrow stretch between huge parts both supposedly rain. It is a bit far south of me - but I bet it will more a bit north of what their maps show and rain will develop and disappear ten miles north of me and five miles south of me - in the afternoon, a set of rain will start for the first time five miles south-west too and move north-eastwards but then evaporate completely once it is half a mile south-west of me!

I shan't be doing any clothes tomorrow as it is low pressure (so, no chance of rain then) and the map shows widespread rain over England and Wales. It's bound to be a clear day of no rain again. I've just caught up with the evening regional news forecast and it suggested Sunday was going to be a worse day than Saturday. However, I now see the latest weather forecast shows rain over me tomorrow but a long period of dryness in between the rain around late afternoon on Sunday. So, it looks like it's changed and Sunday is now better. I bet it will be whichever day I don't think it is.

They're hedging their bets. The latest TV forecast is showing rain moving around and over me (so it is forecasting rain) during Sunday morning and no rain during the afternoon but online has no rain in the morning and rain all afternoon! Mind you it has four hours of light rain including right now on there and there is still physically no rain happening outside my door.

Around me = no rain. Over me = rain. I bet they will start to add "don't take the map too literally". Then we don't know where rain is going to be and where it is not, so the forecast IMO is useless!

EDIT: Online - local forecast - rain throughout the entirety of tomorrow daylight, apparently. However, I am predicting no rain at any time, as I will be constantly in the ten-mile wide window between rain areas that will move around me, but not over me, all day.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 08-09-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Sep 17, 11:45 PM
    • 19,598 Posts
    • 253,739 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    To be fair, the last TV weather forecast is most probably correct. (Note I can't say it is correct, or bring myself to say it is correct, until we have had the day and seen what the actual weather turned out to be.) They are saying that the weather is "changeable", showing large areas of rain and saying some places may remain dry or may just have 15 minutes of rain and that's all for the entire day. Unfortunately they can't tell us which areas, in those liable to rain, will have rain and which will escape it. "Changeable" means unpredictable. Therefore, by definition, they can't predict or forecast what will happen. The forecast is that they can't forecast it, so they seem to be correct.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 8th Sep 17, 11:56 PM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 141,147 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Evening Elite Just caught up and busy updating post 20 now

I had eye test this morning at Specsavrs, thought my eyes were getting worse but he said no, must be scratches on lenses. Anyway, I chose lovely new glasses and they did 50% off so £126 for designer frame varifocals, get them in 2 weeks. Fancied a change of colour and style this time, so instead of red/purples I went for a bright Cambridge Blue and Brown

Then I worked in shop 1-4, home to eat, and left at 6.30pm to drive down to Portsmouth again for the weekend. I'd taken Berry Bear and Noela to boarding in morning. I'm coming home on Wednesday, doing a dog run Birchanger Services to Wisbech on way back, rescue stray from a shelter that pts after 7 days, to my local rescuer. Was going to be a Beagle and a Whippet but just the whippet now as Beagle going tomorrow

And now, once I've done the list, I must get some sleep

Night Night ♥
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 13/16
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Sep 17, 11:59 PM
    • 19,598 Posts
    • 253,739 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I bet, for some people, this is telling you what you already know.

I tried the button next to the fruit & veg. to deal with the U/S BC earlier and it worked perfectly, so thank you for that. However, be aware that it seems that, if you try to scan first and get the U/S message, and then do the Key in Code process, the SS machine will want staff approval to deal with the U/S BC message that it got. I got a member of staff to deal with that at the end, although the voucher amount had come off by me doing it manually.

So, it seems it may be best just to go straight to the manual process and not try to scan any voucher BC at all. Even though this now makes every voucher more long-winded but, if you scan and get the U/S message, you will then need approval to take that away.

As I suggested, I bet all of this is common knowledge already. So this "be aware" is only for anyone who didn't already know, and I bet you probably did.

I think that this manual process of typing in the voucher BC and then the transaction number is the way the SS machines should work. So, this post is a "training session", for those that don't already know, on how to use the machines. It is the way that everyone is supposed to use the SS machines, except that I don't think the supermarkets do training sessions for customers.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 09-09-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 9th Sep 17, 12:12 AM
    • 19,598 Posts
    • 253,739 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Good night!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Sep 17, 12:14 AM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    Night Savvy.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 9th Sep 17, 7:00 AM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 44,208 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning.
    Thank Zippy for the APG tip on SS, worked a treat.
    • underperky
    • By underperky 9th Sep 17, 7:26 AM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 62,831 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Sep 17, 7:36 AM
    • 5,055 Posts
    • 52,416 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 9th Sep 17, 7:41 AM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 44,751 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Sep 17, 8:20 AM
    • 14,401 Posts
    • 242,882 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Birthday Bingo Bus awaits
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Sep 17, 8:27 AM
    • 14,401 Posts
    • 242,882 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    nanny was yesterday's smartest player!

23 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Sep 17, 8:30 AM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 196,120 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, we have sunshine and blue skies at the moment
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Sep 17, 8:35 AM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    http://mydairyfreedream.com/21daychallenge/#dreamChallengeForm

£6 printable coupons from Dream.... seems to be £1 at other stores, so maybe a bit of overage from Sada?
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06
    Brilliant Classy chick

I followed izzeyb's instructions and got a couple.
    Thanks to gocat for finding it for me.

Great coupons

Morning paw sniffers

I hope it stays bright like this all day. I've got loads of washing to do.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Sep 17, 8:42 AM
    • 5,539 Posts
    • 67,953 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all

24 hours until our lovely American guests arrive, so lots of last minute jobs to do today.
    It's already shaping up to be a very Spendy September, so will definitely be joining in with LEJC's frugal October. We do have a long weekend away in the middle of it but that's already paid for. Will just need to make sandwiches to eat on the train

Off to put the washing on now, while the sun's shining.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 2,243 Posts
    • 23,946 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    That was me typing on my phone whilst being driven by DS2 on country roads!

This should have read, I rather like Newark.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Newark is a loverly town SSM.....On the whole its unspoilt with loads of major shops....Nice for a quiet stroll around...Only 8 miles from me...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Sep 17, 8:50 AM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,020 Thanks
    zippydooda
    I bet, for some people, this is telling you what you already know.

I tried the button next to the fruit & veg. to deal with the U/S BC earlier and it worked perfectly, so thank you for that. However, be aware that it seems that, if you try to scan first and get the U/S message, and then do the Key in Code process, the SS machine will want staff approval to deal with the U/S BC message that it got. I got a member of staff to deal with that at the end, although the voucher amount had come off by me doing it manually.

So, it seems it may be best just to go straight to the manual process and not try to scan any voucher BC at all. Even though this now makes every voucher more long-winded but, if you scan and get the U/S message, you will then need approval to take that away.

As I suggested, I bet all of this is common knowledge already. So this "be aware" is only for anyone who didn't already know, and I bet you probably did.

I think that this manual process of typing in the voucher BC and then the transaction number is the way the SS machines should work. So, this post is a "training session", for those that don't already know, on how to use the machines. It is the way that everyone is supposed to use the SS machines, except that I don't think the supermarkets do training sessions for customers.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Glad it worked for you. But just to confirm. After typing in apg bc you can scan receipt
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th Sep 17, 8:51 AM
    • 2,243 Posts
    • 23,946 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    HI De Hi....and a good morning to you all....It started bright but now its raining...Hope you have a good day folks...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Sep 17, 8:56 AM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,356 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Raining again and if forecast correct thunder and lightening from 10am
    Lost 3st-3lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,509Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin