Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,903Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 891
    • altojack
    • By altojack 8th Sep 17, 11:01 AM
    • 9,078 Posts
    • 121,697 Thanks
    altojack
    Just a little catch-up this morning then dentist at 12.20pm, I could do without thattoday as I had a Pulmonary session yesterday. It's going well but a couple of the excercises play havoc with my arthritic joints and hit in the day after.

Hope everyone keeping well xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 145
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 8th Sep 17, 11:08 AM
    • 3,803 Posts
    • 72,504 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Good morning all.............. bucketing down here!
    Is there an optimum number of Mullers to buy to get a good APG?
    12 maybe?
    thank you x
    Originally posted by lesliejack
    Yes, buy 12 (check Tesco .com for comparable flavours)

Pay £6.72, APG £4.02, so 22½p each
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Sep 17, 11:30 AM
    • 4,853 Posts
    • 53,767 Thanks
    gocat
    Oh dear. Ordered 10 of the cby stewed steak yesterday and they only have 3 and have subbed the rest with the other A stewed steak. If I give the subs back I will go into minus with my shopping. The shopping comes to £5 the rest is EV's and the subbed steak comes to £9. Will it be refunded as one lot of £9 or would it be £5 (or not charged for shopping) plus have to fight for the additional £4.

Morning all
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 8th Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    • 3,803 Posts
    • 72,504 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Oh dear. Ordered 10 of the cby stewed steak yesterday and they only have 3 and have subbed the rest with the other A stewed steak. If I give the subs back I will go into minus with my shopping. The shopping comes to £5 the rest is EV's and the subbed steak comes to £9. Will it be refunded as one lot of £9 or would it be £5 (or not charged for shopping) plus have to fight for the additional £4.

Morning all
    Originally posted by gocat
    or just take them if you'll use them..........

They will cost £1.37 each, but will still give an apg of 69p, so 68p each.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    • 4,853 Posts
    • 53,767 Thanks
    gocat
    or just take them if you'll use them..........

They will cost £1.37 each, but will still give an apg of 69p, so 68p each.
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Yes might just accept 4 and give them to the food bank. Then dont have to worry about the rest being refunded .
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Sep 17, 11:57 AM
    • 4,853 Posts
    • 53,767 Thanks
    gocat
    Is this still right on post 20?

1x ASDA Grower's Selection Pineapple (each) £1.00 £0.49

tia
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Sep 17, 12:23 PM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 84,609 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Lidl Weekend Special Offers for next weekend, 16th/17th September

Cimarosa Pedro Jimenez wine 75cl £2.99

Primadonna Extra Virgin Oil 750 ml £1.49

JD Gross Dark Chocolate 125g 79p

Deluxe Smoked Scottish Salmon 100g £1.49

Nothing I will be rushing in for

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 8th Sep 17, 12:35 PM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    JD Gross Dark Chocolate 125g 79p
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    ? Why would anyone want this if it wasnt nice?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 8th Sep 17, 12:43 PM
    • 7,779 Posts
    • 138,022 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon ALL!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • locarr
    • By locarr 8th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 7,779 Posts
    • 138,022 Thanks
    locarr
    some people get lucky and have them delivered at the advertised price
    some people get lucky and have them delivered at the wrong price but customer services refund the difference
    some people get lucky and persuade instore staff to honour the web price
    some people aren't lucky
    Originally posted by aau1
    some hae meat and canna eat
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 8th Sep 17, 1:02 PM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,020 Thanks
    zippydooda
    ? Why would anyone want this if it wasnt nice?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    That may be a little deep for our bubbs
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 8th Sep 17, 2:07 PM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 196,120 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning Elite

Dreary start to the day here but we're safe and dry . Poor people of Mexico, when is this current weather system going to end over in those parts if the world. We have Jose hot on the heels

Enterprise, how safe is your holiday? I know it's about 4 weeks away now, couldn't remember the exact location but Irma has caused such devastation to many.

DS3 and dgf off to Mexico next month. Honestly? I don't want them to go

Holiday makers already on the run or in danger, makes my heart ache for them all

Hugs to the poorly Elite and those low in spirit. You're in my thoughts as always xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Currrently no idea, we are hopefully off to Punta Cana in Dominican Republic in a little under 4 weeks, at the moment it is OK, but there is Jose on the way, and then Katia

That said, we went to Jamaica just after a hurricane, went to Mexico in hurricane season and there was a hurricane in Cuba just after we left.

Have to admit I paid an extra pound for disaster insurance, which includes things like hurricanes.
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 08-09-2017 at 2:11 PM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 14,401 Posts
    • 242,882 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Those here who bought a Tower Of London Poppy, there is now a map to put your Poppy on, to see where they all went & their stories behind the purchase

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-09-06/global-search-launched-to-trace-poppies-from-tower-of-london-installation/

https://www.wherearethepoppiesnow.org.uk/

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Sep 17, 2:14 PM
    • 14,401 Posts
    • 242,882 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Tomorrow my Friends & I are going to Mecca Bingo in Wrexham to celebrate a 60th & a 40th Birthday - I've smuggled the age balloons into friends car boot

Excited

Fourp & That Sister are Face Timing The House tour to Parents tomorrow
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• tweets
    • By tweets 8th Sep 17, 2:32 PM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,356 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 19,598 Posts
    • 253,739 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Good morning all, very cloudy and dreary here today.

Continuing on with sorting out the rooms today. We might have a habitable guest room by the end of the day, it will be useful to have a usable room anyway but it will make a change not to have to move too much stuff around when we have guests.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I am not happy at all with the weather forecasts over the last month as they don't seem to reflect anything that actually happens! The forecasters don't seem to be able to predict precisely where the rain will and will not be even an hour before! They keep changing their mind every few hours - one day, a few weeks ago, I had the day forecast showing rain the morning and cloud and sun in the afternoon - they changed their mind and then showed sun in the morning and rain in the afternoon. Later in the day, they removed the rain for the afternoon and it had been a fine day! I had failed to put my washing out as I thought it was going to rain.

I had my washing out a few days before. That showed sunshine and minor periods of light cloud all day and graphic showing any rain at all. It rained in the early afternoon - alright, it was for about ten minutes and then, just when I had my clothes now inside, but totally ruined as they had got too wet, it stopped for the rest of the day! The forecasters just seem to shrug and say "there may be a passing shower". Well, may be there will and maybe there won't... that is no good, I want no rain at all, as any amount of rain, no matter how tiny, will get my clothes wet.

On another day, I put my washing out mid-morning. The day forecast was showing graphics of sunshine, which there were. There were a couple of graphics of rain for the early afternoon but I still put the washing out as, by now, I no longer trusted anything they showed. Sure enough, come the afternoon, they changed their mind again and now showed light cloud and sun. It was fine and sunny all day.

I later discovered that their rain symbols on earlier days meant there was a 50% chance of rain. Well, if I had known that, I would have put the washing out as there was half a chance it would be sun.

We got the rain when there was a 10% chance of rain and none at all when the chance was 50%. So, it seems I should do the washing and put it out - as long as it's not already raining - whenever they show rain and not do the washing when they claim it is going to be sun. Last month was a really poor August with days broken by rain and low temperatures for several days and little good weather.

The other day, when it was supposed to be only day of sun, I put the washing out but there was so much cloud all day much of the washing hardly dried. The temperatures were too low and the humidity crept up over the day and eventually ruined several of the clothes! I had that one day of forecast sun, only for it not to dry several of my clothes enough. The humidity then set the clothes back so that they may as well not have been put out at all and one of towels dried unevenly - dry for the most part but parts were still wet no matter which way I turned the towel throughout the day and smelled badly.

There is now supposed to be no days without rain until Thursday of next week. Today, I am not happy about the forecasts again. They suggested it was going to be a day of sunshine and showers today. I have therefore failed to do any washing. We seem to be in a window of sunshine between spots of rain all around (though I've been out five miles and see not seen any rain). It is supposed to be cloudy and rain. I have seen no rain at day and, whilst there is cloud around, it has been brilliant sunshine for much of the day! One website, nearly an hour ago, claimed "rain starting in 10 minutes". Well, where is it? There has been none at all. Another forecast says the spells of sun in the afternoon will be better. If anything, the sun this morning was slightly better than it is now and the temperature has felt higher as well - better than that on the supposed one day of sun the other day that turned out not to be good enough for washing!

That one day, in between all the days showing sunshine and showers, wasn't good enough. Instead, I should have picked one of the showery days, namely today as there have been no showers since early morning! They give a humidity reading which they have actually measured and observed only an hour ago and it is a bit high. However, I do not trust that as that was taken 15 miles away and not in my back garden! (I think fifteen miles away each direction is probably raining, but I am in an island in between where it is sun for several hours. If I am the only place in the country that is getting any sunshine with a break in the clouds, then I want to know! I think we were probably that the other day - the weather forecaster at night said it had been cloudy almost everywhere and that there were few places that saw the sun. I saw it, however, for about two hours in the morning, when I was probably the only place in the country with sunshine without it being clouded out.)

Today I seem to be in a strip of sunshine and in a break between the clouds that has already now lasted several hours. It is too late now to start doing the washing however, as I feel sure the rain will arrive in a couple of hours! So, in what is actually probably the only usable weather day for a week, I have missed several hours of sun. Should have done the washing when there is more rain showing in the forecast across the UK, as I am one of the fewer areas of sunshine that exist around it all! The day when it was supposed to be sun, yes there was little rain showing across the UK, but I was one of the few areas where it rained!

Normally I would be happy with a bright and largely sunny day! However, I am not happy as I have failed to do the washing! I want it to rain!

It's been a bit of cloud over the last few minutes but still quite sunny. EDIT: Just I click 'save' on the immediately previous edit, the cloud has just gone again and, after a few minutes of still good weather, it's now brilliant sunshine! It's going to be sun now all day. (I can see a very grey cloud, if look out now, probably a mile or two to my east. However, it is not over me and is not passing over me - so, it looks like it's going to be dry and sunny all afternoon and evening. Even if there is heavy rain a mile away. Hopeless - hopeless - I still had not put the washing machine on, as, after I'd now had two hours of actual sunshine, it was a bit late to catch it. The weather graphics had rain coming at 3 and 4 pm even if sun again later but now not enough time to dry clothes before sunset. So, what is it? It's 3pm, with their rain graphics for two hours, and outside is brilliant sunshine now. Weather forecaster just before 3 now says there is "sunshine in between the rain". Yes, indeed, if only this had been said five hours ago!)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 08-09-2017 at 3:03 PM.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Sep 17, 3:01 PM
    • 5,055 Posts
    • 52,416 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    some hae meat and canna eat
    Originally posted by locarr

And some wad eat that want it;
    But we hae meat, and we can eat,
    Sae let the Lord be thankit.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Sep 17, 3:08 PM
    • 19,598 Posts
    • 253,739 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    My location forecast is now showing no rain until 8pm. So, the 3 and 4 pm rain symbols have been removed (the 3 has gone anyway as it is now past that) - they've changed their mind again and it is now staying dry all through daylight since the early morning rain that went! Today should have been washing day but they showed more rain over the country so I didn't think it was! Hopeless as I think that was now the one chance until next Thursday.

(It's also not been as chilly as it was when the cloud stayed out on that 'window day' that was supposed to be sun. Today is the really good day, washing should have been done when there are much more areas of rain across the country.)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 08-09-2017 at 3:11 PM.
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 8th Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    • 2,769 Posts
    • 40,223 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    So water company came - no clean water leak.

But they can't investigate if its a wastewater leak, have to raise a separate job with a different team for that.

Why didn't they tell me that on the phone as it was waste water leak I suspected.

When I queried why operator hadn't been more specific if its two different teams I was told the original operator was only clean water trained
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Sep 17, 3:21 PM
    • 19,598 Posts
    • 253,739 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    It looks like the supermarkets have put petrol prices up. The RAC were saying the prices could increase by 4p per litre due to Hurricane Harvey, although the AA didn't agree. I saw someone saying today's petrol was bought at wholesale prices ten weeks ago however so the prices shouldn't rise yet. The prices have not gone up by 4p. Instead, are they cynically increasing by 1p every other week over the next ten weeks? If there had been an increase of 4p, people would have noticed it but they don't seem to notice tiny changes of 1p every other week even if, in the end, they end up paying the same.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

1,524Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin