Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,198Posts
    • 34,908Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 885
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Sep 17, 10:38 AM
    • 16,477 Posts
    • 192,877 Thanks
    mhoc
    Many thanks for the heads-up on the 'shop twice for an Amazon voucher', be aware that Superdrug aren't on the list so won't qualify for the offer so we will need to scour the list for free delivery/click & collect to make it viable. Thanks again.
    Originally posted by BishyBarneyBee
    Yes I've had a another look. You need to do 2 orders over £5 and pay at the time of the order and 10th September is the final date.

So OK you have to spend £10 but you get it back again via Amazon codes.

Has anyone any suggestions - free delivery or free click and collect? Pity that Dunelm Mill does not seem to be on the list. Wilkos is there but its a pain to get to ...
    Last edited by mhoc; 07-09-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • locarr
    • By locarr 7th Sep 17, 10:44 AM
    • 7,779 Posts
    • 138,022 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning ALL!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • BishyBarneyBee
    • By BishyBarneyBee 7th Sep 17, 10:46 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    BishyBarneyBee
    No I don't think that the Matalan will qualify as it has the 'not valid with any other offer' logo there. I assume you could do two from the same shop?
    • cjj
    • By cjj 7th Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    • 6,276 Posts
    • 82,772 Thanks
    cjj
    Yes I've had a another look. You need to do 2 orders over £5 and pay at the time of the order and 10th September is the final date.

So OK you have to spend £10 but you get it back again via Amazon codes.

Has anyone any suggestions - free delivery or free click and collect? Pity that Dunelm Mill does not seem to be on the list. Wilkos is there but its a pain to get to ...

I wonder if yesterdays Matalan order counted as one of the orders ...
    Originally posted by mhoc

hi Mhoc, missed this one. How do you get the £10 amazon code please ? Is this vouchercodes as just signed up to them. tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 84,609 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Could some kjnd soul let me know if aveena will work todsy. Ds2 gf wld like some. Im on my phone so cannot search..... i must fund a way around this thanks xxx
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

SSM Aveeno should work as long as it is 3 for 2 in Asda, and until Waitrose half price offer changes - which is up to 3rd October.

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Sep 17, 11:02 AM
    • 16,477 Posts
    • 192,877 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thanks tweets but unfortunately that doesn't work.

Seren & mhoc , CS have been very communicative and tried to help, It must be my phone as when I do it on my tablet it works, but it's so difficult doing it on that.

So need a new phone and have been looking for ages but haven't seen one I want at right price.
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Its difficult isn't it. My iphone 4 was perfectly functional - millions still sold all around the world and I saw no reason to change it. Apps though started to not work as they got upgraded they were not supported.
    This went on for months. I saw no point in spending whatever it is for an iphone 6 - over £600 or whatever but I ranted and raved about how gradually my iphone 4 was turning into a useless brick. Also what made it worse was that the iphone 4 (bought from Eldest childs OH when he upgraded) got a few weeks after my Dad died so I had emotional attatchments, you can imagine the torture that was going on in my head ...

Then OH took matters into his own hands and bought me a refurbished iphone 5 - one of the very few times he has actually surprised me. It took some adjusting but I made it a workhorse phone, made it pay its way with the receipt apps, cashbacks etc and I also changed to a better package with E

Eventually I suppose the same will happen to this iphone 5, it will loose its functionality ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Sep 17, 11:04 AM
    • 16,477 Posts
    • 192,877 Thanks
    mhoc
    hi Mhoc, missed this one. How do you get the £10 amazon code please ? Is this vouchercodes as just signed up to them. tia xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Yes its just there on the header page. I am looking at my account online and it seems to be just the same as the app version.
    You have to click on the green banner and then choose one if the retailers below.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Sep 17, 11:32 AM
    • 2,721 Posts
    • 33,461 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Just confirming that EVs are still being refreshed with new dates when ordering and cancelling
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 7th Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 141,162 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Good Morning Elite

Welcome back from your travels Mrs 3 Dogs albeit very busy with your visitors....what an emotional time for you all but one that will no doubt cement friendships for a long time.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Indeed. But main thing was that Juliana rescues these dogs and cats from the road side or kill shelters, and nurtures some of them through really bad illness, to send them to safety in the UK. And never sees them again. Most adopters keep in touch with updates and photos but she has lost track of some as they adopters don't keep in touch which is so sad. But this trip allowed her to actaully meet some adopters and see for herself how well the dogs and cats have got on over here, in wonderful new homes with wonderful new parents. Also to feel how the new owners of the animals fully appreciate her work. The most said words were "thank you for rescuing him/her/them". Really heartwarming stuff

I have been involved with the Rommies since the killing law was introduced in September 2013 and my local rescuer at Ravenswood started her involvement, rehoming Rommies, and I got involved with helping Juliana very shortly afterwards. Gosh, that's just 4 years, it seems so much longer. So many dogs, so many cats, so much heart break and so much joy in those 4 years. And of course my Berry Bear and Noela ♥
    Last edited by 3Dogs; 08-09-2017 at 12:31 AM.
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 13/16
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 7th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 4,120 Posts
    • 62,868 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    http://mydairyfreedream.com/21daychallenge/#dreamChallengeForm

£6 printable coupons from Dream.... seems to be £1 at other stores, so maybe a bit of overage from Sada?
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 7th Sep 17, 12:45 PM
    • 2,218 Posts
    • 29,645 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Afternoon everyone. I'm housebound this afternoon waiting for virgin media AGAIN!
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Sep 17, 1:18 PM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 84,609 Thanks
    izzeyb

£6 printable coupons from Dream.... seems to be £1 at other stores, so maybe a bit of overage from Sada?
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06

Thanks, it's let me print two lots (4 x £1.50 coupons), one off my email on one browser and one off OHs on his email, but using the same mobile telephone number.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Sep 17, 1:23 PM
    • 14,403 Posts
    • 242,882 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Afternoon

I've spent the morning searching for a Bingo friend that I've heard is in a hospice, but cannot locate him

Then I had to send 177 photos of ' The House' to Parents in 10 separate emails as limited attachment size ....

3 house valuations done on Parents house & they are extremely good Estate Agents were thrilled at such an unusual house & outbuildings
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Sep 17, 1:34 PM
    • 14,403 Posts
    • 242,882 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    lesliejack was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 15,048 Posts
    • 182,857 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Originally posted by Classy_Chick06
    Hello stranger x
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 84,609 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Thanks to trix for sharing result of simple wipes

AvW
    9x Simple Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes (25pk) £27.00 £13.50

Works out 35p a pack. bc ends 106284.
    • aau1
    • By aau1 7th Sep 17, 4:00 PM
    • 18,799 Posts
    • 323,598 Thanks
    aau1
    £6 OFF First Orders over £40 on Adsa App with code
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/6-off-first-orders-over-40-on-a-app-2784129

(I'm not sure if it's for first time users of the app or first time users of A.com)
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 7th Sep 17, 4:01 PM
    • 2,218 Posts
    • 29,645 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Thanks to trix for sharing result of simple wipes

AvW
    9x Simple Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes (25pk) £27.00 £13.50

Works out 35p a pack. bc ends 106284.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    That's good! I've missed those
    • locarr
    • By locarr 7th Sep 17, 4:06 PM
    • 7,779 Posts
    • 138,022 Thanks
    locarr
    Its difficult isn't it. My iphone 4 was perfectly functional - millions still sold all around the world and I saw no reason to change it. Apps though started to not work as they got upgraded they were not supported.
    This went on for months. I saw no point in spending whatever it is for an iphone 6 - over £600 or whatever but I ranted and raved about how gradually my iphone 4 was turning into a useless brick. Also what made it worse was that the iphone 4 (bought from Eldest childs OH when he upgraded) got a few weeks after my Dad died so I had emotional attatchments, you can imagine the torture that was going on in my head ...

Then OH took matters into his own hands and bought me a refurbished iphone 5 - one of the very few times he has actually surprised me. It took some adjusting but I made it a workhorse phone, made it pay its way with the receipt apps, cashbacks etc and I also changed to a better package with E

Eventually I suppose the same will happen to this iphone 5, it will loose its functionality ...
    Originally posted by mhoc

Bad news I'm afraid Mhoc....my kids have the 5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40172019
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

• locarr
    • By locarr 7th Sep 17, 4:07 PM
    • 7,779 Posts
    • 138,022 Thanks
    locarr
    Better news for those that have Waities cond spends...

this is half price and PYO

Waitrose Aberdeen Angus beef mince, 15% fat 454g
    You have 1 of this in your trolley
    4.5 out of 5 stars172 reviews
    Add to favourites

1 in trolleyQuantity of Waitrose Aberdeen Angus beef mince, 15% fat in trolley 1
    1 in trolley.

Add to favourites

£2.25(£9.92/kg)
    Jay-Z

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

8,778Users online

Martin's Twitter