Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,208Posts
    • 34,918Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 883
    • Naebbirac
    • By Naebbirac 7th Sep 17, 6:48 AM
    • 2,008 Posts
    • 38,424 Thanks
    Naebbirac
    Good morning all
    Popped in to say thank you for my birthday wishes, and to say belated happy birthday to pk04. Didn't realise that I shared my day with another elite member
    I had a lovely day with friends and family, lots of cards, prezzies and good wishes from my friends in Antigua. Thankfully they are all safe, and not too much damage. Poor little Barbuda next door has been decimated, so sad as it was a beautiful place. VT and I are going out to Antigua soon, so will see first hand.

Life is very busy at the moment, and I'm still trying to run down my stash, so litle in the way of shopping being done. I feel I don't have anything helpful to post, so lurk in the background.

Hope you are all well and happy.
    Hugs to all in need.
    N x
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 9 516 target £250

2 years 'fag free'
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 7th Sep 17, 7:06 AM
    • 5,058 Posts
    • 52,443 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 7th Sep 17, 7:08 AM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 29,672 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Hi all. Managed an Aussie and a pears shop yesterday. All good
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 7th Sep 17, 7:16 AM
    • 5,546 Posts
    • 68,008 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 7th Sep 17, 7:22 AM
    • 5,058 Posts
    • 52,443 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    MnS

£5 off wys £35 food on mine

10% off beef also

ETA - having loaded these to card, it tells me there's another offer to choose - but at the moment I can't see it, so maybe later...
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 07-09-2017 at 8:56 AM.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Sep 17, 7:28 AM
    • 18,575 Posts
    • 196,218 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, have put the washing out with very crossed fingers, although the sun is shining at the moment
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 7th Sep 17, 7:35 AM
    • 5,058 Posts
    • 52,443 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    For HSBC/First Direct customers:

£10 back wys £40 at Lidl

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2017/09/hsbc-and-first-direct-offer-cashback-credit-and-debit-card-schemes-are-they-any-good
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 07-09-2017 at 7:37 AM.

• josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 7th Sep 17, 7:41 AM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 15,555 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Morning elite, is anyone having problems with shopprize? I am getting my daily bonus but for the last week my receipts won't upload. I just get the message that points will be added when I get internet connection but I don't. Shopprize C's don't seem able to help. I can't uninstall app as the app isn't available to return install any more. I intensely dislike missing the money earning opportunity
    Off to Oswestry on Saturday (please don't laugh at the reason) to watch my strapping farmer cousin do Morris dancing! It's also a get together of other cousins that I usually only see at funerals. Spent a fair bit of time in Whittington and Oswestry as a child as mum grew up there.
    No disrespect to any Morris dancing participants or fans intended

Have a good day
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Sep 17, 7:45 AM
    • 18,575 Posts
    • 196,218 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning elite, is anyone having problems with shopprize? I am getting my daily bonus but for the last week my receipts won't upload. I just get the message that points will be added when I get internet connection but I don't. Shopprize C's don't seem able to help. I can't uninstall app as the app isn't available to return install any more. I intensely dislike missing the money earning opportunity
    Off to Oswestry on Saturday (please don't laugh at the reason) to watch my strapping farmer cousin do Morris dancing! It's also a get together of other cousins that I usually only see at funerals. Spent a fair bit of time in Whittington and Oswestry as a child as mum grew up there.

Have a good day
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    No problem with Shopprize here, had a problem about a couple of weeks ago when a couple uploaded long after I did them, but that's it.

And precisely what is wrong with Morris Dancing, it is a wonderful British tradition.

Sitting here feeling very guilty, wondering if we will still be able to go to Dominican Republic for our holiday next month. What about the poor souls that do not have the choice, hope their homes survive Apparently St Martin has been more or less destroyed
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Sep 17, 8:05 AM
    • 26,090 Posts
    • 304,180 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all. Only two big steps till the weekend.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 7th Sep 17, 8:05 AM
    • 5,058 Posts
    • 52,443 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    No problem with Shopprize here, had a problem about a couple of weeks ago when a couple uploaded long after I did them, but that's it.

And precisely what is wrong with Morris Dancing, it is a wonderful British tradition.

Sitting here feeling very guilty, wondering if we will still be able to go to Dominican Republic for our holiday next month. What about the poor souls that do not have the choice, hope their homes survive Apparently St Martin has been more or less destroyed
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I feel so sorry for them all.

I saw on the news there's another one, called Jose, but hopefully that one is miles out at sea away from inhabited islands.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 7th Sep 17, 8:22 AM
    • 5,058 Posts
    • 52,443 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Did anyone do the Matalan offer yesterday? I just couldn't find anything I needed.

And then it had to happen... DD rang me after work, she'd been in there lunchtime and spent £30 on essentials... wish I'd known

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 7th Sep 17, 8:31 AM
    • 9,019 Posts
    • 56,820 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all....

I've been watching the news coverage of the hurricane...and whilst we have been to Antigua many times we have never quite got over to Barbuda....it was a beautiful island and one of those small ones that make you feel very special to be on....and also probably next on our list to visit.
    so sad

Welcome back from your travels Mrs 3 Dogs albeit very busy with your visitors....what an emotional time for you all but one that will no doubt cement friendships for a long time.
    Last edited by LEJC; 07-09-2017 at 8:33 AM.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Sep 17, 8:39 AM
    • 28,638 Posts
    • 410,417 Thanks
    tweets

Have a good day
    Don't know if this will help.

Sometimes my receipts struggle to download so I switch phone off and back on and open shopprize and receipt points upload
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Sep 17, 8:40 AM
    • 28,638 Posts
    • 410,417 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 7th Sep 17, 8:49 AM
    • 9,680 Posts
    • 108,687 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Morning all

Darren was due to go to Cuba in two weeks time with a group of friends and two who were getting married there They don't think they ll be going now but are playing it by ear.
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 7th Sep 17, 8:54 AM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 44,751 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Thursday.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Sep 17, 8:56 AM
    • 16,498 Posts
    • 192,997 Thanks
    mhoc
    Did anyone do the Matalan offer yesterday? I just couldn't find anything I needed.

And then it had to happen... DD rang me after work, she'd been in there lunchtime and spent £30 on essentials... wish I'd known
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Yes I did my order just after 11 - it is on my list of rewards and its tracked but I am still not convinced that I did mine on time. When I read the rules and regs it said there was only 500 so as it was the dark side its doubtful.
    Probably too late by the time I read the rules.
    I got 3 packs of undies for £15 (and five in each pack) - so a good time to sort the drawer out again.
    6 days until I know if I qualified in time.

I went via the main computer and looking at the main page I've also got the 'do 2 offers' get an Amazon e voucher - have to investigate this today - something very cheap I can click and collect or I could order loo paper from superdrug ...
    Last edited by mhoc; 07-09-2017 at 9:02 AM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Sep 17, 9:09 AM
    • 6,405 Posts
    • 84,714 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Sep 17, 9:10 AM
    • 16,498 Posts
    • 192,997 Thanks
    mhoc

Have a good day
    Yes Ive been having problems with shopprize - I thought it was just me or our very slow broadband and I've even been blaming OH for taking all of the bandwith.
    I upload a receipt and it takes forever and then comes up with 'upload failed' but I cant risk doing the same receipt a 2nd time. Sometimes the coins noise comes up afterwards - no idea if its that receipt or the previous one catching up. This happens virtually every time - you can imagine the air is blue.
    I tend to do shopix first - todays receipts, 2ndly receiptpig and then lastly shoprize as it takes so long
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,360Posts Today

8,075Users online

Martin's Twitter