Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,180Posts
    • 34,882Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 881
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Sep 17, 6:38 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,761 Thanks
    mhoc
    A quick question about shoppix - does anyone else find that when they go to their app it has logged itself out?
    I am finding it has logged itself out about at least every other week, very annoying.
    I've tried to figure out if its something I am doing or accidentally clicking on a log out button but the log out page is not even obvious -, I would have to go to look for it so why is it logging out .
    Apps just don't log themselves out

And yes I have to get a temp password and then it wont accept it so it freezes me for 5 mins but that might be more to do with having fat fingers ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • hedgehogqueen
    • By hedgehogqueen 6th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    hedgehogqueen
    Can anyone confirm if I can snap the same receipts on more than one app such as Shoppix and Receipt hog?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    A quick question about shoppix - does anyone else find that when they go to their app it has logged itself out?
    I am finding it has logged itself out about at least every other week, very annoying.
    I've tried to figure out if its something I am doing or accidentally clicking on a log out button but the log out page is not even obvious -, I would have to go to look for it so why is it logging out .

And yes I have to get a temp password and then it wont accept it so it freezes me for 5 mins but that might be more to do with having fat fingers ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Can anyone confirm if I can snap the same receipts on more than one app such as Shoppix and Receipt hog?
    Originally posted by hedgehogqueen
    Sorry dont do them
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    • 12,066 Posts
    • 132,077 Thanks
    Anon
    Is that the Metcalffe's T v M so net 10p, all flavours?
    Soz, can see it is Proper PCorn on CoS
    On my CS Met calfes 70/80g sea salt & also the caramel ones are 12 redemps each 75p T (cost £1.49) and should comp to Ms £1.00, so 25p each net
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    From comments on here, T receipt says popcorn for Proper corn and Met calfe's - be careful not to choose the wrong popcorn when you buy or claim ...

Anon
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    • 18,545 Posts
    • 195,995 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Happy Birthday PK04

Happy Birthday Naebbirac
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    • 14,500 Posts
    • 225,963 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Erm, bought 11 popcorn in T

11x
    METCALFE'S SALTED CARAMEL POPCORN 75G
    - £16.39
    n/a n/a £11.00
    T v M
    10 is a guide. Aau posted a while back he got 12 of an item compare
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 6th Sep 17, 7:06 PM
    • 5,532 Posts
    • 67,895 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    I have just sat down, will look for you x
    Edit do you have any vouchers?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks bubbs. No vouchers, they don't like me even though I am opted in for marketing.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks bubbs. No vouchers, they don't like me even though I am opted in for marketing.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    The best i can see then is Waitrose Omega 3 chicken breast fillets, pack of 4 for 0.49kg and they are on my picks so work out £4.72 pack
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    Ohhhh birthdays , happy Birthday Naebbirac an PK
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Sep 17, 7:09 PM
    • 12,066 Posts
    • 132,077 Thanks
    Anon
    Disappointed to see that the MSE collective switch with EDF is £100 more than many of the small less well known providers .

And the cheapest is still £121 more than my current BG Collective tariff (I know, switching to the very cheapest provider will apparently save me about £355 compared to the standard BG tariff I will go on in October, but still disappointing how much it will go up!).

Anon
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Sep 17, 7:17 PM
    • 1,884 Posts
    • 20,115 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Disappointed to see that the MSE collective switch with EDF is £100 more than many of the small less well known providers .

And the cheapest is still £121 more than my current BG Collective tariff (I know, switching to the very cheapest provider will apparently save me about £355 compared to the standard BG tariff I will go on in October, but still disappointing how much it will go up!).

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I have my doubts about MSE impartiality, few months ago they said they had best deal with, I think, £30 CB, you could have got same deal on Qco or TCB for £50 CB. Never take anyone's word about anything, always double check yourself
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Sep 17, 7:26 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside
    Waitrose ECOlogical White / Decorated Kitchen Towels 2 pack only 68p with PYO

BEN AND JERRYS COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM WAS £4 NOW £1.60 @ WAITROSE WITH PYO

Heinz Salad Cream Original 425g, 79p @ Waitrose w/MyWaitrose card

Patak's Paste Pots Korma, Madras or Tikka Masala 2 x 70g for 74p @ Waitrose

Seriously Strong Cheddar Extra Mature 350g & Vintage 300g, £1.48 @ Waitrose w/MyWaitrose card

Pampers New Baby Size 3 x50 / Pampers New Baby 2 x54 Nappies for £2.40 per pack with PYO @ Waitrose (~5p per Nappy)

Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic, Cranberry and Raspberry or Light 1 Litre for 54p with PYO @ Waitrose
    Last edited by bubbs; 06-09-2017 at 7:32 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    • 12,066 Posts
    • 132,077 Thanks
    Anon
    £10 off £40 spend if you have an Am4zon student account and an NUS card:
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/10-off-40-spend-amazon-for-nus-extra-members-using-student-prime-unique-code-2783037

Also note that some of the Am4zon Warehouse deals have 20% off at the moment (won't stack as Warehouse is seen as a separate company ).

HTH

Anon
    • pk04
    • By pk04 6th Sep 17, 7:55 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 46,088 Thanks
    pk04
    Thanks

Happy Birthday to KP and neabbirac
    Originally posted by underperky
    Happy Birthday PK

Happy Birthday Naebbirac
    Originally posted by tweets
    Happy Birthday PK04

Happy Birthday Naebbirac
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Ohhhh birthdays , happy Birthday Naesbbirac an PK
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Sep 17, 7:57 PM
    • 1,884 Posts
    • 20,115 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Tomorrow is Wontwo deals update day, seems to populate around 9am.
    • pk04
    • By pk04 6th Sep 17, 7:57 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 46,088 Thanks
    pk04
    tweets did you see the points for that washing survey are in? Only £5 Debenhams vouchers to claim at the moment though, hopefully they get some more in soon

Originally posted by mhoc
    I've not had any issues with it

Originally posted by hedgehogqueen
    Yes you can, I use the same receipts on Shoppix, Shopprize and Receipt Hog
    Last edited by pk04; 06-09-2017 at 8:01 PM.
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 6th Sep 17, 7:57 PM
    • 19,592 Posts
    • 253,691 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I have my doubts about MSE impartiality, few months ago they said they had best deal with, I think, £30 CB, you could have got same deal on Qco or TCB for £50 CB. Never take anyone's word about anything, always double check yourself
    Now, if I took that totally literally I'd be in trouble. As well as never making much progress with anything overall as I'd be spending all my time checking everyone's claims about everything. Sometimes things just have to be taken on trust and clearly there are things where we can craft an exemption to the rule that says "never" take anyone's word. But I know what you mean. People generally, it seems to me, make so many mistakes and are often inaccurate on just about everything. They make assumptions about things, that turn out to be incorrect. They report what someone else has said, without checking it themselves and without making clear that they were told it by someone else. The broadcasters, I think, are also beggars on this as they only have to be "duly" accurate. That means only when it is "appropriate" and leaves anyone to decide whatever they like as being "appropriate" or not. Advertisers only have to be not materially misleading. The 'problem', to me, is that the "immaterial" things - or supposedly immaterial things as what is immaterial to one person may be highly significant and the absolute crux of the matter to someone else - may well be irrelevant to the individual case. However, one little "immaterial" inaccuracy, added to another "immaterial" inaccuracy somewhere else about the same thing, and another "immaterial" inaccuracy elsewhere, is I think likely to result, overall, in something that is quite inaccurate and misleading. However, I can now see that I usually concern myself with tiny little details, where every last detail has to be totally accurate and perfectionist, whereas the tiny details are not even seen by most people and, if they were, would be considered irrelevant. But the tiniest detail is relevant to me as it makes a huge difference whereas the context is irrelevant.

Having often taken people literally, at their word and therefore trusted for the best part of the first part of my life, only to find that I feel misled as what they told me - including so-called white lying - turns out to be incorrect and untrue, and has happened so much it seems to be endemic and all the time, I guess that, whilst I like people (I don't hold grudges against anyone, unlike most people, who are very affected by emotion, tend to do), I now have a general distrust of people. This is through finding out I have been misled so often in the past, and I now often don't take people's words for anything and I tend to challenge every claim that anyone ever makes. Only to find, yes indeed, they don't (probably can't) provide any answer to the specific point I raised, probably showing that indeed, they have no evidence to support the assertion that they have made and that what they said was unsubstantiated. I bet they don't like me as they think I am being difficult. Well I am! I am not here to be easy. I am there to challenge what the rest of the world is doing and make it prove it to be justified.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    • 1,884 Posts
    • 20,115 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    A reason for banning smoking in cars
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-41179132
    • tweets
    • By tweets 6th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 28,615 Posts
    • 410,220 Thanks
    tweets
    tweets did you see the points for that washing survey are in? Only £5 Debenhams vouchers to claim at the moment though, hopefully they get some more in soon

I've not had any issues with it

Yes you can, I use the same receipts on Shoppix, Shopprize and Receipt Hog
    Originally posted by pk04
    No I hadn't looked today I had forgot. Will wait for the Amazon vouchers to reappear . Off I go to look thank you
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 6th Sep 17, 8:40 PM
    • 5,532 Posts
    • 67,895 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    The best i can see then is Waitrose Omega 3 chicken breast fillets, pack of 4 for 0.49kg and they are on my picks so work out £4.72 pack
    Thank you for looking x
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

266Posts Today

1,995Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin