Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,198Posts
    • 34,908Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 876
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Sep 17, 8:24 AM
    • 16,477 Posts
    • 192,877 Thanks
    mhoc
    Waiting for a Shoppix pp payment, however long does it take?
    Or has something gone wrong?!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I thin k it takes much longer than it should. I know my £5 paypal only went into the account last night and I must have applied for it on August 28th or 29th - annoyingly I was just short of tokens before we went away.

Last week I applied for £5 shoppix, £5 from receipt pig and £26 from COS so that was an exceptional week
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Sep 17, 8:28 AM
    • 16,477 Posts
    • 192,877 Thanks
    mhoc
    I never return anything in A but it may be easier after it's been used?
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I tend to return something to exchange it for something else eg "I've bought the wrong cat food again so here is my receipt and here is the cat food I want to swap it for. I will pay the difference if there is any"

This works well in S as well, especially with badly fitting clothes, swap one size for another and then you come away with a "clean" receipt.

But having said that I cant remember the last time I did a return.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Sep 17, 8:32 AM
    • 16,477 Posts
    • 192,877 Thanks
    mhoc
    Good morning everyone.

Youngest back at school today, I can put the house back together and get sorted now.

Hes quite pleased with himself today, hes got quite a few war wounds to show off to his friends, he looks like he has been in a fight

He and his friends went on a bike ride on Sunday, and his friend stopped dead, in front of him, my DS2 ran straight into the back of his wheel and flipped over the handlebars, (think he was trying to do a TM OH ) he has smashed the side of his face up, all his hands, both sides (how) and his knees, no broken bones though thankgod.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Errant son was always in the wars. In junior school I was terrified of the head teacher, convinced she had a hot line to social services so I often had to send him into school with letters of explanation when he had run full pelt into a lamp post, the oven door or knocked his head on the coffee table etc
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Sep 17, 8:33 AM
    • 18,560 Posts
    • 196,127 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I tend to return something to exchange it for something else eg "I've bought the wrong cat food again so here is my receipt and here is the cat food I want to swap it for. I will pay the difference if there is any"

This works well in S as well, especially with badly fitting clothes, swap one size for another and then you come away with a "clean" receipt.

But having said that I cant remember the last time I did a return.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    S don't do BM anymore
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 06-09-2017 at 8:36 AM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • tweets
    • By tweets 6th Sep 17, 8:37 AM
    • 28,631 Posts
    • 410,359 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 6th Sep 17, 8:40 AM
    • 904 Posts
    • 8,819 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Morning all. Heard from my Sis in Antigua at midnight our time. Apparently they have been told to go to their rooms as soon as the siren sounds and they are under curfew. They have been told that they will miss the brunt of Irma and it has been downgraded to a Tropical - I don't think so.

It will be a worrying few hours

xx
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Sep 17, 8:49 AM
    • 1,890 Posts
    • 20,151 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Free Scotrail tickets
    Not read full email yet, thought I would post as starts at 10am

Hello Secret Squirrel,
    Claim your free train ticket!

We’re giving away £1 million worth of free off-peak tickets to some of Scotland’s top destinations.

It’s our way of saying thank you and your way of seeing a bit more of Scotland for free.

How to get your free ticket…

Claim your free tickets* from 10am on Wednesday 6 September 2017 at https://thankyou.scotrail.co.uk/

Free tickets are available on selected routes for travel between 18 September and 30 November.

Make sure you get in quick as once they’re gone, they’re gone.
    *Maximum two tickets per person – subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.
    Last edited by braveheart60uk; 06-09-2017 at 9:18 AM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 16,477 Posts
    • 192,877 Thanks
    mhoc
    S don't do BM anymore
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Sainsbury's finished brand match in April 2016

https://livewellforless.sainsburys.co.uk/brand-match/

we were pondering on whether its possible to do store returns with or without a receipt without raising suspicions.
    Also doing returns before or after using APGs in Asda ....
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 6th Sep 17, 9:11 AM
    • 4,256 Posts
    • 91,564 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Errant son was always in the wars. In junior school I was terrified of the head teacher, convinced she had a hot line to social services so I often had to send him into school with letters of explanation when he had run full pelt into a lamp post, the oven door or knocked his head on the coffee table etc
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I was bit accident prone, going over the handle bars - still have two scars on my face from that. But the best one was running into a brick wall, two black eyes, scaby nose, chin and knees and I was the fairy in the xmas play
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 6th Sep 17, 9:14 AM
    • 9,019 Posts
    • 56,793 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all....

Rocky...I hope the wedding is able to go ahead in some form,tomorrow wasn't it?
    I've never experienced a full blown hurricane but over the years we've been in a few tropical storms mostly in St Lu but we did hit a bad one in Jamaica many years ago that delayed our flight by 2 days...
    We have friends in Antigua so can only hope they are well prepared....and thoughts go out to Cbackwards and VT who know the area very well too.....

I fancy a glitch....not toiletries obviously but the aveeno is tempting...is the mullers just a good comparison or as yet untested glitch wise?
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 6th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 25,992 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Morning.

UNTESTED

If the Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion (300 mls) is still on 3 for 2 in Asda (£6.50 each), it should compare to Waitrose half price offer of £3.62 (offer on until 3rd October).

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=407905

This would give the best comparison yet for Aveeno and works out at £1.10 each

Originally posted by izzeyb
    ...and there is £1 moc from caringeveryday
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 6th Sep 17, 9:30 AM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 25,992 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Morning all. Heard from my Sis in Antigua at midnight our time. Apparently they have been told to go to their rooms as soon as the siren sounds and they are under curfew. They have been told that they will miss the brunt of Irma and it has been downgraded to a Tropical - I don't think so.

It will be a worrying few hours

xx
    Originally posted by ROCKINGHAM
    certainly will be a worry, hopefully it will pass without incident.

In 4 weeks time im looking after the boys (2 gs from London) whilst DS +DIL have a break to Antigua-hopefully by then there wont be a 'J' named hurricane ....currently the 4 of them are in Mauritius How the other half live!!! (but pleased they are able to have lovely holidays whilst the boys are young and they are fit and able to do so..making memories )
    • BishyBarneyBee
    • By BishyBarneyBee 6th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    BishyBarneyBee
    Morning All, just to say that Voucher Codes 'Windfall Wednesday' has a good one on today, it's spend £15 at Matalan and get a free £10 Amazon code. I am planning to try it with a click and collect as I don't live near at Matalan but I'm not sure this would work.

Does anyone know if the COS Propercorn that is currently £1.49 in Tesco and has the £1 cashback on it is actually comparing to Asda £1? I haven't ventured into COS/BG before and an anxious of buying a stash of overpriced popcorn with no payout. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    • 5,056 Posts
    • 52,421 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I was bit accident prone, going over the handle bars - still have two scars on my face from that. But the best one was running into a brick wall, two black eyes, scaby nose, chin and knees and I was the fairy in the xmas play
    Originally posted by Westvleteren

DGS age 5 ran into a fence last year. No bike involved, he was self-propelled. Breezy day, coat open, hands in pockets, arms raised so that the open coat made 'wings', head down, zooming around, crashed into fence.

'I was being a jet' he said.

A&E mended the jet with butterfly plasters.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 33,706 Posts
    • 447,866 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Happy Birthday

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Sep 17, 9:51 AM
    • 33,706 Posts
    • 447,866 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning All, just to say that Voucher Codes 'Windfall Wednesday' has a good one on today, it's spend £15 at Matalan and get a free £10 Amazon code. I am planning to try it with a click and collect as I don't live near at Matalan but I'm not sure this would work.

Does anyone know if the COS Propercorn that is currently £1.49 in Tesco and has the £1 cashback on it is actually comparing to Asda £1? I haven't ventured into COS/BG before and an anxious of buying a stash of overpriced popcorn with no payout. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Originally posted by BishyBarneyBee
    Matalan.....not a store I would normally go into but I will have a look.....it's not just clothes is it......thank you

Hoping all is well today Rocky......catch you all later
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Sep 17, 9:57 AM
    • 5,056 Posts
    • 52,421 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Matalan.....not a store I would normally go into but I will have a look.....it's not just clothes is it......thank you

Hoping all is well today Rocky......catch you all later
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

I have a lovely butter dish from Matalan, flat base, domed lid with knob, very classic, in white, around £3 I think it was.

Have also had curtains in the past, in the sale, good quality, excellent value.

Not so keen on their clothes for myself though.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 6th Sep 17, 9:58 AM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 23,948 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Morning peeps....Hope you are all doing just fine.....

Really Really do not understand how heating oil prices can jump so much in a short space of time.....When petrol/diesel prices have not moved at all for months....

This is the heating oil price for 1000 litres on the 28/6 £355:95.... Today it is £414:23...That is a jump of £58:28 in 10 weeks....Am I being cynical in thinking that prices rise when demand is higher....Robbing Barstewards.....

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Sep 17, 10:00 AM
    • 33,706 Posts
    • 447,866 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Before I go free Chanel fragrance from Boots

Need to put in Advantage card no

https://www.boots.com/gabrielle-request-a-sample-?storeId=11352&catalogId=28501
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 6th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 23,948 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Before I go free Chanel fragrance from Boots

Need to put in Advantage card no

https://www.boots.com/gabrielle-request-a-sample-?storeId=11352&catalogId=28501
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Smells like a perfumed deal to me...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

8,778Users online

Martin's Twitter