Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,952Posts
    • 34,471Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 431
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 3:36 PM
    • 8,795 Posts
    • 55,456 Thanks
    LEJC
    Wine is my job to source for tomorrow...
    Would be nice to say that I'll spend the day strolling through vineyards....but sadly no..it will be the shelves at A lidl and aldi that beckon.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 97 out 86 in ...£13.96 spend
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    • 8,795 Posts
    • 55,456 Thanks
    LEJC
    I've been on ebay but there's nothing. My plan B is to use a big chunky necklace I have....difficult to explain but I think it will work.

I might have to google R dog
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I'll save you the trouble..I just gave up midway through typing radley!...sorry.
    Last edited by LEJC; 17-07-2017 at 3:43 PM.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 17th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 21,640 Thanks
    Saversue
    [QUOTE=TrulyMadly;72848032]Morning paw sniffers

I think Oz is feeling a bit guilty. I've had lots of cuddles this morning

So glad Oz is back home, how's his eye and fur, any idea what's stuck in it?

I'm so tired today, haven't slept till about 7 am for days.
    Hear all the neighbours going to work from 6 am before I get to sleep.
    May be I should go out at night with Oz to see what he's up to
    Just in deep sleep about 9.30 when the sales calls started was so

Anyone having trouble printing Covent Garden Coupons?
    Getting a message saying Status 401 Invalid URL when I click on the print link.
    Admittedly have printed a 'few' using yopmail, wondering if I have been blocked?
    Also tried a real email address, got same message.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 2,734 Posts
    • 27,588 Thanks
    pippo
    Good morning all....

O my Goodness TM....I started reading back over the weekend this morning and what an anxious weekend it's been for you...x

I wont pretend that by the time I got to the post at around 8pm last night there were more than just a couple of tears from me.....so glad the big fella is home!

DD.....you gave your lovely chook a happy life on the lottie.
    We're a soppy lot with our pets arn't we?! x

An update on toiletries from me sees nothing in and 5 out....a full sized face cream,deo,travel sized face wash and travel soap and a sample one use face cream.
    Whilst things are now going down I'm still looking at literally hundreds of lotions and potions still to go!

Here's hoping for a lovely week for us all....
    Originally posted by LEJC
    My toiletry update, 2 full sized, conditioner and moisturiser out - none in , but like you still hundreds to go!!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 16,039 Posts
    • 189,402 Thanks
    mhoc
    I am still trying to figure out this summer bonus from TCB from last week.
    OHs account I used for clarks and even though there is vat on adult shoes its still showing on my activity list as a £20 spend and the bonus showed as pending straight away. I used paypal
    On my account I got from Marks 2 sheets and again it was a £20 spend but on the activity list its showing as £10.42 - that makes no sense at all. £10.42 is not 80% of £20 - very confused.
    I did a 2nd order later in the day, over £16
    For both I used a mixture of credit catd and e voucher gift card.
    No £2.50 bonus on either purchase from Marks
    Is it just your first purchase after you have activated an offer that counts for these bonus offers?
    If so you just have to make sure your first online order of the day is the biggest ammount.
    And why should it make any difference as to what you use to pay the final bill - its all money in one shape or form.
    Last edited by mhoc; 17-07-2017 at 7:29 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • juju17
    • By juju17 17th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 943 Posts
    • 11,713 Thanks
    juju17
    Hallelujah.....received the Carrot and spiced apple muesli today...exactly 2 months from ordering. Hope the next 2 boxes dont take as long!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 17th Jul 17, 4:34 PM
    • 3,570 Posts
    • 46,651 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I've had a bit of a run around the shops I visited last week to see if a tassel fastener from my bag had been handed in. The bag's nothing without it and the manufacturer can't sell me a replacement. It was a long shot and unsuccessful. The only shop to keep a lost property record was Marksies. The other shops ranged from a vacant stare to a shuffle around in a couple of drawers. I think lost property procedures need to be put in place in all our stores and I know the lady to do it.....mrsmac

Oh yes and while I'm moaning....this country is wasting a fortune on air conditioning in the shops. You walk in wearing a strappy top and you instantly freeze. For goodness sake.

And yes....the lady who had her nose in all the fruit and veg in Marksies......visibly inhaling the smell before she bought it.....had you not been frail and elderly, I would have had to say something. As it was I just put on my indignant face and headed for the prepacked apples.

And before I forget. Mr TM accidentally "locked" me in a red hot car today and I timed myself. Unsure what the official figures are but I reckon about 12 minutes is all you need for a catastrophe to happen.
    Are you sure it was an accident
    Heathy eating plan

3 weeks - 5.5lbs

Just following SW most days Too many events Aim is 9lbs by 4 August
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 17th Jul 17, 4:41 PM
    • 3,570 Posts
    • 46,651 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I am bored Lots to do but CBA but a nice wee story

We have a youngish girl(30's) downstairs in our packing area She is always very polite and I don't ever gab to her as such but always say hello etc Well she brought me present from her home visit to India 2 very fine cushion covers, a sliver box with a lid and some beads I was lost for words but went and gave her a thank you cuddle later Two weeks ago I got 6 organic eggs from the new guy

Catch up later
    Heathy eating plan

3 weeks - 5.5lbs

Just following SW most days Too many events Aim is 9lbs by 4 August
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 4:41 PM
    • 8,795 Posts
    • 55,456 Thanks
    LEJC
    Am I the only one who thinks that carrot and spiced apple museli is a strange combination....it's not one I think I would buy and would need convincing on.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 17th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    • 4,976 Posts
    • 74,762 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Thank you - didn't even know it had sensors Though this one might be a bit different - 17 years old DC04, no idea how it has kept going this long, but if I can get it to keep going even longer I shall
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Afternoon.Your DYSON is about the same age as mine.
    Very ,very reliable.I shall try to keep mine going as well.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 17th Jul 17, 4:47 PM
    • 6,911 Posts
    • 88,834 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    I've had a bit of a run around the shops I visited last week to see if a tassel fastener from my bag had been handed in. The bag's nothing without it and the manufacturer can't sell me a replacement. It was a long shot and unsuccessful. The only shop to keep a lost property record was Marksies. The other shops ranged from a vacant stare to a shuffle around in a couple of drawers. I think lost property procedures need to be put in place in all our stores and I know the lady to do it.....mrsmac

Oh yes and while I'm moaning....this country is wasting a fortune on air conditioning in the shops. You walk in wearing a strappy top and you instantly freeze. For goodness sake.

And yes....the lady who had her nose in all the fruit and veg in Marksies......visibly inhaling the smell before she bought it.....had you not been frail and elderly, I would have had to say something. As it was I just put on my indignant face and headed for the prepacked apples.

And before I forget. Mr TM accidentally "locked" me in a red hot car today and I timed myself. Unsure what the official figures are but I reckon about 12 minutes is all you need for a catastrophe to happen.
    Suuuuure a tassel fastener for your bag. You're fooling no one
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 17th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    • 4,976 Posts
    • 74,762 Thanks
    savvy sal
    I don't know what happened there.I was trying to quote saver sue but the message seems to have got muddled with sue's.

I'll start again.I'm not sleeping at night but had about 4 hours during the day yesterday.Im trying to stay awake today.

Got a lift to asda this morning and used £15 of apgs and spent 77p.i found 3 wombles but they only added up to£2.73.
    Last edited by savvy sal; 17-07-2017 at 4:58 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    • 48,762 Posts
    • 567,768 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Gosh its hot, just back from my sisters old house again, think thats it for us now, till dh does some jobs for her at new house
    Hi Sal nice to see you posting and getting about xxx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Jul 17, 5:01 PM
    • 2,734 Posts
    • 27,588 Thanks
    pippo
    The house we rented when we had the wedding had 3 loos, a bathroom on each floor, it was only for 4 days but even so I came to the conclusion that life is too short, especially for cleaning 3 bathrooms if you have men living in the house - if in years to come I ended up in a house with 3 loos I would have to get a cleaner in at least twice a week to cope with the loos
    Or get rid of the men using the bathrooms ...

Originally posted by mhoc
    A dear friend of ours lived in a house with 3 loos, when she was on her own she would religiously use the loos in turn!!
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 17th Jul 17, 5:03 PM
    • 4,976 Posts
    • 74,762 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Afternoon all
    Gosh its hot, just back from my sisters old house again, think thats it for us now, till dh does some jobs for her at new house
    Hi Sal nice to see you posting and getting about xxx
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Too hot for me bubbs.I'm not a heat fan.I must admit I'm struggling with being tired and my toes are tingling and one little finger
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Jul 17, 5:03 PM
    • 2,734 Posts
    • 27,588 Thanks
    pippo
    Yes, body lotions are a difficult section to tackle. You need the deep moisturising ones for when you come out of the bath or shower, then the ones with high SPF for going outside, then ones with self tan in them you apply a few days before you are going out anywhere so you don't look pale and mottled due to the constant rain when the sun does not come and also the expensive perfumed ones that smell nice on your skin for when you are going anywhere dressy ... and then there are the creams for cracked feet and various hand lotions and ones for necks and all of the facial ones ...
    Not just me then!! and I often forget to use any at all!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Jul 17, 5:08 PM
    • 2,734 Posts
    • 27,588 Thanks
    pippo
    I thought I would start today with some clothes sorting and ebaying

Firstly I had to get dressed, this is getting to be a ridulously long job now, much simpler in winter when its leggings, thick socks, long sleeved t shirts and baggy jumpers, all done in minutes before hypothermia sets in
    ... I started going through an under the bed box in search of a suitable top, instead found dresses suitable for ebay and masses of tops and skirts etc so long in the tooth and never likely to go back into fashion so Ive filled a charity bag already.

Then I could not find a bra so I turned out the underwear drawers, these have already been sorted out once already.
    But in all honesty I am never going to be a 34 b or 34 c every again - what possessed me to hang onto too small bras, why torture yourself...
    So the new ones have gone into the charity bag and the rest are in a bag for cloth recycling and the drawer now is empty apart from a couple of sets (possibly also too small but new and might be OK for ebaying).
    Which left 2 bras that are correctly sized, one is missing somewhere in the house and one was washed yesterday and is drying - hopefully before the Sainsbobs visit this afternoon.
    This might also involve visiting the Sainsbobs Tu section in search of a bra that fits even though I hate buying anything full price ...
    Asda bras are usually quite good (and cheap).
    There are a couple of charities that take 'nearly new' bras. I'll try to find the link. here's one and I think Oxfam have one too.
    https://www.againstbreastcancer.org.uk/recycling/bra-recycling/
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 17th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    • 25,459 Posts
    • 299,627 Thanks
    davemorton
    A dear friend of ours lived in a house with 3 loos, when she was on her own she would religiously use the loos in turn!!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Not just me then!! and I often forget to use any at all!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Could be messy.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Jul 17, 5:14 PM
    • 18,296 Posts
    • 194,106 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Afternoon.Your DYSON is about the same age as mine.
    Very ,very reliable.I shall try to keep mine going as well.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    I am surprised and delighted at the way it is lasting, it was made in the UK at the time, doubt if many of the modern ones will last that long. Slightly concerned mine is getting very hot very quickly now though, and it is not the filter. I have come to the conclusion it am going to have to keep an eye out.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Jul 17, 5:15 PM
    • 18,296 Posts
    • 194,106 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Could be messy.
    Originally posted by davemorton

Now I have to explain why i am chuckling to my OH
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

452Posts Today

4,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin