Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,036Posts
    • 34,680Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 431
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 4:41 PM
    • 8,920 Posts
    • 56,111 Thanks
    LEJC
    Am I the only one who thinks that carrot and spiced apple museli is a strange combination....it's not one I think I would buy and would need convincing on.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 112 out 89 in ...£13.96 spend
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 17th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    • 4,984 Posts
    • 74,848 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Thank you - didn't even know it had sensors Though this one might be a bit different - 17 years old DC04, no idea how it has kept going this long, but if I can get it to keep going even longer I shall
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Afternoon.Your DYSON is about the same age as mine.
    Very ,very reliable.I shall try to keep mine going as well.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 17th Jul 17, 4:47 PM
    • 6,920 Posts
    • 88,900 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    I've had a bit of a run around the shops I visited last week to see if a tassel fastener from my bag had been handed in. The bag's nothing without it and the manufacturer can't sell me a replacement. It was a long shot and unsuccessful. The only shop to keep a lost property record was Marksies. The other shops ranged from a vacant stare to a shuffle around in a couple of drawers. I think lost property procedures need to be put in place in all our stores and I know the lady to do it.....mrsmac

Oh yes and while I'm moaning....this country is wasting a fortune on air conditioning in the shops. You walk in wearing a strappy top and you instantly freeze. For goodness sake.

And yes....the lady who had her nose in all the fruit and veg in Marksies......visibly inhaling the smell before she bought it.....had you not been frail and elderly, I would have had to say something. As it was I just put on my indignant face and headed for the prepacked apples.

And before I forget. Mr TM accidentally "locked" me in a red hot car today and I timed myself. Unsure what the official figures are but I reckon about 12 minutes is all you need for a catastrophe to happen.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Suuuuure a tassel fastener for your bag. You're fooling no one
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 17th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    • 4,984 Posts
    • 74,848 Thanks
    savvy sal
    I don't know what happened there.I was trying to quote saver sue but the message seems to have got muddled with sue's.

I'll start again.I'm not sleeping at night but had about 4 hours during the day yesterday.Im trying to stay awake today.

Got a lift to asda this morning and used £15 of apgs and spent 77p.i found 3 wombles but they only added up to£2.73.
    Last edited by savvy sal; 17-07-2017 at 4:58 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    • 49,730 Posts
    • 574,903 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Gosh its hot, just back from my sisters old house again, think thats it for us now, till dh does some jobs for her at new house
    Hi Sal nice to see you posting and getting about xxx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Jul 17, 5:01 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 28,070 Thanks
    pippo
    The house we rented when we had the wedding had 3 loos, a bathroom on each floor, it was only for 4 days but even so I came to the conclusion that life is too short, especially for cleaning 3 bathrooms if you have men living in the house - if in years to come I ended up in a house with 3 loos I would have to get a cleaner in at least twice a week to cope with the loos
    Or get rid of the men using the bathrooms ...

Originally posted by mhoc
    A dear friend of ours lived in a house with 3 loos, when she was on her own she would religiously use the loos in turn!!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 17th Jul 17, 5:03 PM
    • 4,984 Posts
    • 74,848 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Afternoon all
    Gosh its hot, just back from my sisters old house again, think thats it for us now, till dh does some jobs for her at new house
    Hi Sal nice to see you posting and getting about xxx
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Too hot for me bubbs.I'm not a heat fan.I must admit I'm struggling with being tired and my toes are tingling and one little finger
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Jul 17, 5:03 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 28,070 Thanks
    pippo
    Yes, body lotions are a difficult section to tackle. You need the deep moisturising ones for when you come out of the bath or shower, then the ones with high SPF for going outside, then ones with self tan in them you apply a few days before you are going out anywhere so you don't look pale and mottled due to the constant rain when the sun does not come and also the expensive perfumed ones that smell nice on your skin for when you are going anywhere dressy ... and then there are the creams for cracked feet and various hand lotions and ones for necks and all of the facial ones ...
    Not just me then!! and I often forget to use any at all!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Jul 17, 5:08 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 28,070 Thanks
    pippo
    I thought I would start today with some clothes sorting and ebaying

Firstly I had to get dressed, this is getting to be a ridulously long job now, much simpler in winter when its leggings, thick socks, long sleeved t shirts and baggy jumpers, all done in minutes before hypothermia sets in
    ... I started going through an under the bed box in search of a suitable top, instead found dresses suitable for ebay and masses of tops and skirts etc so long in the tooth and never likely to go back into fashion so Ive filled a charity bag already.

Then I could not find a bra so I turned out the underwear drawers, these have already been sorted out once already.
    But in all honesty I am never going to be a 34 b or 34 c every again - what possessed me to hang onto too small bras, why torture yourself...
    So the new ones have gone into the charity bag and the rest are in a bag for cloth recycling and the drawer now is empty apart from a couple of sets (possibly also too small but new and might be OK for ebaying).
    Which left 2 bras that are correctly sized, one is missing somewhere in the house and one was washed yesterday and is drying - hopefully before the Sainsbobs visit this afternoon.
    This might also involve visiting the Sainsbobs Tu section in search of a bra that fits even though I hate buying anything full price ...
    Asda bras are usually quite good (and cheap).
    There are a couple of charities that take 'nearly new' bras. I'll try to find the link. here's one and I think Oxfam have one too.
    https://www.againstbreastcancer.org.uk/recycling/bra-recycling/
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 17th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    • 25,776 Posts
    • 301,810 Thanks
    davemorton
    A dear friend of ours lived in a house with 3 loos, when she was on her own she would religiously use the loos in turn!!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Not just me then!! and I often forget to use any at all!
    Could be messy.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Jul 17, 5:14 PM
    • 18,405 Posts
    • 194,938 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Afternoon.Your DYSON is about the same age as mine.
    Very ,very reliable.I shall try to keep mine going as well.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    I am surprised and delighted at the way it is lasting, it was made in the UK at the time, doubt if many of the modern ones will last that long. Slightly concerned mine is getting very hot very quickly now though, and it is not the filter. I have come to the conclusion it am going to have to keep an eye out.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Jul 17, 5:15 PM
    • 18,405 Posts
    • 194,938 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Could be messy.
    Originally posted by davemorton

Now I have to explain why i am chuckling to my OH
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 17th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    • 1,637 Posts
    • 21,742 Thanks
    Saversue
    I don't know what happened there.I was trying to quote saver sue but the message seems to have got muddled with sue's.

I'll start again.I'm not sleeping at night but had about 4 hours during the day yesterday.Im trying to stay awake today.

Got a lift to asda this morning and used £15 of apgs and spent 77p.i found 3 wombles but they only added up to£2.73.
    savvy sal, I think you are coping so well. don't worry about not sleeping at night and just sleep when you can.
    I know it' a pain being awake when you really want to sleep, especially if there's other people in the house ( fortunately I don't have that problem).

The amount of meds I take should put a horse to sleep, but think I've become immune to them.
    But you are taking lots of new meds which are know to mess up your sleep pattern, hopefully things will improve as your body adjusts to the shock of the treatment.

I think you are so brave.

Well done on getting to asda that's my sort of shop
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Jul 17, 5:34 PM
    • 49,730 Posts
    • 574,903 Thanks
    bubbs
    Too hot for me bubbs.I'm not a heat fan.I must admit I'm struggling with being tired and my toes are tingling and one little finger
    Too hot for me too with work and moving sis.
    I am sure you are as you are used to being active, but listen to your body while going through chemo xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Jul 17, 5:36 PM
    • 49,730 Posts
    • 574,903 Thanks
    bubbs
    Sweet Sundays - two large bags of malteasers and a cinema ticket for £3.40 - £1.70 each @ asda
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 17th Jul 17, 5:37 PM
    • 1,637 Posts
    • 21,742 Thanks
    Saversue
    I'm on my own with 3 loos, but always try to stick to the same one, it saves on cleaning
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Jul 17, 6:34 PM
    • 49,730 Posts
    • 574,903 Thanks
    bubbs
    No posts for an hr
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 17th Jul 17, 6:49 PM
    • 3,651 Posts
    • 47,453 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Just remembering who I need to send hugs too

DD sorry about your wee hen

Sal you are amazing and that strength will keep you going To get out wombling is brill

Sue Not sleeping is so hard I "think" I sleep but GP has suggested sleep apnoea because I am so tired GP said that diagnosis is often for very overweight males especially ones who drink and smoke Waiting for more blood results but I am fine in the grand scheme of things

No whoopsies at all tonight and OOS FLORA BUTTERY

Got my tortilla crisps They look odd on the packet Did not like the last pastrami ones DH struggled through the packet

Just finished dinner so going for a walk shortly
    Heathy eating plan

week 5 -8 lbs

Almost made target Just a pound off Not too bad
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Jul 17, 6:53 PM
    • 49,730 Posts
    • 574,903 Thanks
    bubbs
    3 times i have uploaded my flora receipt for COS, says submitted then disappears , any ideas anyone please?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 4,830 Posts
    • 50,538 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Hmmm. Planning to relax later with my book and a box of MatchMakers and I have just seen on the back of the box that 4 sticks of MatchMakers equal one portion. Seems a bit harsh!

Been glorious here. Still is.

23 degrees. Love it.

Hope everyone can enjoy a little sunshine this evening. My MatchMakers are in the fridge at present. They might last longer that way.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 48.15

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

281Posts Today

4,146Users online

Martin's Twitter