Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,853Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 430
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Does anyone know how long the 6 for £25 bottles of wine at A is going on for.

We need wine as down to the last bottle and in place of the mysteries this might be the best option.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,416 Thanks
    mhoc
    Does anyone know how long the 6 for £25 bottles of wine at A is going on for.

We need wine as down to the last bottle and in place of the mysteries this might be the best option.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Good idea

I've seen this recommended

Aupouri Sauvignon Blanc
    75cl
    Product Code: 4953441
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 2:48 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Oh Mhoc....I think it's a case that the wine rack is now bare....beggars can't be choosers but at a tad over £4 the A deal seems like I need to try it....

I know mysteries spoil us with things better than the £4 mark usually but that probably has become my price point on a bottle now....

I probably like a nice Rose in the summer and I think I saw a good easy drinking slightly pink pinot grigio in the A offer.
    I'm getting into a sauv blanc so if I can find that one then i'll get a couple of bottles....
    It's too hot for red at the moment..and we actually still have around 8 bottles of real fizz so I don't even need to go down that route yet.

Just need an easy drinker for that glass in the garden in the evening....
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 33,582 Posts
    • 446,919 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I've had a bit of a run around the shops I visited last week to see if a tassel fastener from my bag had been handed in. The bag's nothing without it and the manufacturer can't sell me a replacement. It was a long shot and unsuccessful. The only shop to keep a lost property record was Marksies. The other shops ranged from a vacant stare to a shuffle around in a couple of drawers. I think lost property procedures need to be put in place in all our stores and I know the lady to do it.....mrsmac

Oh yes and while I'm moaning....this country is wasting a fortune on air conditioning in the shops. You walk in wearing a strappy top and you instantly freeze. For goodness sake.

And yes....the lady who had her nose in all the fruit and veg in Marksies......visibly inhaling the smell before she bought it.....had you not been frail and elderly, I would have had to say something. As it was I just put on my indignant face and headed for the prepacked apples.

And before I forget. Mr TM accidentally "locked" me in a red hot car today and I timed myself. Unsure what the official figures are but I reckon about 12 minutes is all you need for a catastrophe to happen.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    • 33,582 Posts
    • 446,919 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Google is your friend.
    http://www.supersaverdeliverytool.com/

There are other similar sites.
    Originally posted by antrobus
    You are a very useful person to have around antrobus
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 3:18 PM
    • 33,582 Posts
    • 446,919 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I got my tortilla chips for COS in S and got a 60 nectar point bonus tillspit on the first bag and presented it on my second bag......these little things please me so much
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    • 33,582 Posts
    • 446,919 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    There's someone on here from Hartlepool....check out the free postcode lottery......TS25..... you might be a winner
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC

And yes....the lady who had her nose in all the fruit and veg in Marksies......visibly inhaling the smell before she bought it.....had you not been frail and elderly, I would have had to say something. As it was I just put on my indignant face and headed for the prepacked apples.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    This might be the reason I will never buy loaves of bread or rolls that are not in some form of packaging....

I love to look at the array of cakes and pastries too in marksies and indeed lidl and aldi....but after I once saw a lady sneeze into her hand then reach for a loaf only to change her mind and reach for something else...it's never quite had the same appeal.

Is it a special tassle TM....Ebay for an old bag maybe that's got one intact...or perhaps if it's a R dog then I may even have a spare one in a drawer somewhere.....
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 3:27 PM
    • 33,582 Posts
    • 446,919 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    LEJC.....I've just spotted on 10 ways a £5 off wys £30 at Lidl......the brochure is showing a picture of wine so you might be able to use it against a wine purchase.

Does anyone know if the leaflets are instore?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 3:31 PM
    • 33,582 Posts
    • 446,919 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    This might be the reason I will never buy loaves of bread or rolls that are not in some form of packaging....

I love to look at the array of cakes and pastries too in marksies and indeed lidl and aldi....but after I once saw a lady sneeze into her hand then reach for a loaf only to change her mind and reach for something else...it's never quite had the same appeal.

Is it a special tassle TM....Ebay for an old bag maybe that's got one intact...or perhaps if it's a R dog then I may even have a spare one in a drawer somewhere.....
    I've been on ebay but there's nothing. My plan B is to use a big chunky necklace I have....difficult to explain but I think it will work.

I might have to google R dog
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 3:33 PM
    • 33,582 Posts
    • 446,919 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Off to get my hair done and talk about where my hairdresser is going on holiday.....again

Later peeps
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 17th Jul 17, 3:34 PM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,421 Thanks
    emerald21
    I've not heard of these so I had to look them up - very useful and ebay have packs of 5 from China for 99p so worth a try.

I think though my anatomy is in revolt, my back has widened as well as the cup size - hormones have wrecked havoc on my once svelte shape
    Originally posted by mhoc
    You can buy them from places like Primark.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 3:36 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Wine is my job to source for tomorrow...
    Would be nice to say that I'll spend the day strolling through vineyards....but sadly no..it will be the shelves at A lidl and aldi that beckon.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    I've been on ebay but there's nothing. My plan B is to use a big chunky necklace I have....difficult to explain but I think it will work.

I might have to google R dog
    I'll save you the trouble..I just gave up midway through typing radley!...sorry.
    Last edited by LEJC; 17-07-2017 at 3:43 PM.
    Jan £41.60/£40
    May
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 17th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 21,837 Thanks
    Saversue
    [QUOTE=TrulyMadly;72848032]Morning paw sniffers

I think Oz is feeling a bit guilty. I've had lots of cuddles this morning

So glad Oz is back home, how's his eye and fur, any idea what's stuck in it?

I'm so tired today, haven't slept till about 7 am for days.
    Hear all the neighbours going to work from 6 am before I get to sleep.
    May be I should go out at night with Oz to see what he's up to
    Just in deep sleep about 9.30 when the sales calls started was so

Anyone having trouble printing Covent Garden Coupons?
    Getting a message saying Status 401 Invalid URL when I click on the print link.
    Admittedly have printed a 'few' using yopmail, wondering if I have been blocked?
    Also tried a real email address, got same message.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 2,818 Posts
    • 28,270 Thanks
    pippo
    Good morning all....

O my Goodness TM....I started reading back over the weekend this morning and what an anxious weekend it's been for you...x

I wont pretend that by the time I got to the post at around 8pm last night there were more than just a couple of tears from me.....so glad the big fella is home!

DD.....you gave your lovely chook a happy life on the lottie.
    We're a soppy lot with our pets arn't we?! x

An update on toiletries from me sees nothing in and 5 out....a full sized face cream,deo,travel sized face wash and travel soap and a sample one use face cream.
    Whilst things are now going down I'm still looking at literally hundreds of lotions and potions still to go!

Here's hoping for a lovely week for us all....
    My toiletry update, 2 full sized, conditioner and moisturiser out - none in , but like you still hundreds to go!!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,416 Thanks
    mhoc
    I am still trying to figure out this summer bonus from TCB from last week.
    OHs account I used for clarks and even though there is vat on adult shoes its still showing on my activity list as a £20 spend and the bonus showed as pending straight away. I used paypal
    On my account I got from Marks 2 sheets and again it was a £20 spend but on the activity list its showing as £10.42 - that makes no sense at all. £10.42 is not 80% of £20 - very confused.
    I did a 2nd order later in the day, over £16
    For both I used a mixture of credit catd and e voucher gift card.
    No £2.50 bonus on either purchase from Marks
    Is it just your first purchase after you have activated an offer that counts for these bonus offers?
    If so you just have to make sure your first online order of the day is the biggest ammount.
    And why should it make any difference as to what you use to pay the final bill - its all money in one shape or form.
    Last edited by mhoc; 17-07-2017 at 7:29 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • juju17
    • By juju17 17th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 982 Posts
    • 12,067 Thanks
    juju17
    Hallelujah.....received the Carrot and spiced apple muesli today...exactly 2 months from ordering. Hope the next 2 boxes dont take as long!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 17th Jul 17, 4:34 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 47,597 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I've had a bit of a run around the shops I visited last week to see if a tassel fastener from my bag had been handed in. The bag's nothing without it and the manufacturer can't sell me a replacement. It was a long shot and unsuccessful. The only shop to keep a lost property record was Marksies. The other shops ranged from a vacant stare to a shuffle around in a couple of drawers. I think lost property procedures need to be put in place in all our stores and I know the lady to do it.....mrsmac

Oh yes and while I'm moaning....this country is wasting a fortune on air conditioning in the shops. You walk in wearing a strappy top and you instantly freeze. For goodness sake.

And before I forget. Mr TM accidentally "locked" me in a red hot car today and I timed myself. Unsure what the official figures are but I reckon about 12 minutes is all you need for a catastrophe to happen.
    Are you sure it was an accident
    Heathy eating plan

week 5 -8 lbs

Almost made target Just a pound off Not too bad
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 17th Jul 17, 4:41 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 47,597 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I am bored Lots to do but CBA but a nice wee story

We have a youngish girl(30's) downstairs in our packing area She is always very polite and I don't ever gab to her as such but always say hello etc Well she brought me present from her home visit to India 2 very fine cushion covers, a sliver box with a lid and some beads I was lost for words but went and gave her a thank you cuddle later Two weeks ago I got 6 organic eggs from the new guy

Catch up later
    Heathy eating plan

week 5 -8 lbs

Almost made target Just a pound off Not too bad
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,779Posts Today

7,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin