Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,958Posts
    • 34,490Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 429
    • cjj
    • By cjj 17th Jul 17, 10:42 AM
    • 6,230 Posts
    • 82,380 Thanks
    cjj
    Hi

Does anyone know of any cheap items sold and dispatched by Amazon just to make up my order please ? I only need another 1p lol Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 17th Jul 17, 10:48 AM
    • 14,917 Posts
    • 21,131 Thanks
    antrobus
    Hi

Does anyone know of any cheap items sold and dispatched by Amazon just to make up my order please ? I only need another 1p lol Tia xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Google is your friend.
    http://www.supersaverdeliverytool.com/

There are other similar sites.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 10:49 AM
    • 16,049 Posts
    • 189,455 Thanks
    mhoc
    If anyone is thinking of booking a few days away Cedar court hotels have their sale on - Huddesfield seems to have £29 rooms midweek in August, Harrogate is £59, quite reasonable.

We have been to Huddersfield cedar court, odd position in the middle of a roundabout but it has a very nice swimming pool area and there is a Toby Carvery across the road for meals. Its in a very good central place - we stayed there when we went to see the Holmfirth vinery.

https://www.cedarcourthotels.co.uk/big-summersale?utm_source=BriefYourMarket&utm_medium=N ewsletter%2c+Email&utm_term=&utm_content=SALE+-+Rooms+from+only+%c2%a329&utm_campaign=Instance%3a +cedarcourthotels.briefyourmarket.com+-+MessageId%3a+8348
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 17th Jul 17, 11:02 AM
    • 3,724 Posts
    • 71,991 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Hi

Originally posted by cjj
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004RUHWOG

Astonish Kitchen Cleaner 40p
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 17th Jul 17, 11:07 AM
    • 14,185 Posts
    • 240,629 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies
    edited as a hoax
    Last edited by Snap-ant; 17-07-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Jul 17, 11:16 AM
    • 18,301 Posts
    • 194,136 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    The house we rented when we had the wedding had 3 loos, a bathroom on each floor, it was only for 4 days but even so I came to the conclusion that life is too short, especially for cleaning 3 bathrooms if you have men living in the house - if in years to come I ended up in a house with 3 loos I would have to get a cleaner in at least twice a week to cope with the loos
    Or get rid of the men using the bathrooms ...

Originally posted by mhoc
    Let's just say her fianc! has a reputation for loo usage

Well, fixed the Dyson, it was a stuck switch, that will keep it going a while longer.

Now, off to weed the garden
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • tbw
    • By tbw 17th Jul 17, 11:44 AM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 53,617 Thanks
    tbw
    After 3 increasingly frustating phone calls to Asda I am still getting nowhere re my missing eVouchers. They say they will sort it out and then, after wasting ages explaining/being put on hold etc , I am told they will 'escalate' the problem to the correct department. They say they are having difficulty in contacting them and refuse to tell me the phone number so I can call them direct. I can see that they are going to delay things until after the middle of this week (the date when the vouchers should have expired). And they they will say they can do nothing.

While I await a response from them I think I will email the Chief Execs office - his addy /name needs updating on the first page as I understand it is now sean.clarke@asda.co.uk.

The more they wriggle the crosser I get !
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 17th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    • 579 Posts
    • 4,584 Thanks
    s4mmy
    After 3 increasingly frustating phone calls to Asda I am still getting nowhere re my missing eVouchers. They say they will sort it out and then, after wasting ages explaining/being put on hold etc , I am told they will 'escalate' the problem to the correct department. They say they are having difficulty in contacting them and refuse to tell me the phone number so I can call them direct. I can see that they are going to delay things until after the middle of this week (the date when the vouchers should have expired). And they they will say they can do nothing.

While I await a response from them I think I will email the Chief Execs office - his addy /name needs updating on the first page as I understand it is now sean.clarke@asda.co.uk.

Originally posted by tbw
    This happened to me a few months ago and took almost ten weeks to get the vouchers credited to my account - I only persevered with encouragement from some of the elite.
    • tbw
    • By tbw 17th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 53,617 Thanks
    tbw
    This happened to me a few months ago and took almost ten weeks to get the vouchers credited to my account - I only persevered with encouragement from some of the elite.
    Originally posted by s4mmy
    I will gear up for a long session then ! If they think I will give up and go away they have another think coming !
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 17th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    • 2,282 Posts
    • 25,361 Thanks
    HILLBERN

Originally posted by tbw
    Its is soooo frustrating when the vouchers aren't returned. I had a C+C order round about mothers using some evouchers and also card, some items were oos and other things were not put in varying offers ie 3 for £10 making the offer not work so the sa said it was easier to cancel the order...after many emails I eventually received the e-vouchers back in my account, I think that took 3 months.
    At a similar time my DH had a refund to go back on his card but in the middle of collecting the order and then getting a refund his card was renewed and he stupidly changed his details on his account..last week after nearly 4 months he has finally had £17 of e-vouchers given instead of the money put on his card, which isn't what should have happened but at least we didn't loose the money completetly
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 17th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 14,185 Posts
    • 240,629 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    chieveley was yesterday's smartest player!

25 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~

• emerald21
    • By emerald21 17th Jul 17, 12:26 PM
    • 9,495 Posts
    • 107,206 Thanks
    emerald21
    I thought I would start today with some clothes sorting and ebaying

Firstly I had to get dressed, this is getting to be a ridulously long job now, much simpler in winter when its leggings, thick socks, long sleeved t shirts and baggy jumpers, all done in minutes before hypothermia sets in
    ... I started going through an under the bed box in search of a suitable top, instead found dresses suitable for ebay and masses of tops and skirts etc so long in the tooth and never likely to go back into fashion so Ive filled a charity bag already.

Then I could not find a bra so I turned out the underwear drawers, these have already been sorted out once already.
    But in all honesty I am never going to be a 34 b or 34 c every again - what possessed me to hang onto too small bras, why torture yourself...
    So the new ones have gone into the charity bag and the rest are in a bag for cloth recycling and the drawer now is empty apart from a couple of sets (possibly also too small but new and might be OK for ebaying).
    Which left 2 bras that are correctly sized, one is missing somewhere in the house and one was washed yesterday and is drying - hopefully before the Sainsbobs visit this afternoon.
    This might also involve visiting the Sainsbobs Tu section in search of a bra that fits even though I hate buying anything full price ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Mhoc last week ultimo had an offer on for 5 surprise bras for £25 and free delivery You just had to put your size in I did it but they haven t arrived yet

Good Afternoon all off to the hospital soon with Dawn and Riley for them to take off plaster, X-ray it and put a lighter one back on I think
    • locarr
    • By locarr 17th Jul 17, 12:37 PM
    • 7,735 Posts
    • 137,684 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon ALL!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 17th Jul 17, 12:42 PM
    • 14,185 Posts
    • 240,629 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    L'Occitane £1 goodies arrived

Our Family Motto ~

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 12:48 PM
    • 16,049 Posts
    • 189,455 Thanks
    mhoc
    Mhoc last week ultimo had an offer on for 5 surprise bras for £25 and free delivery You just had to put your size in I did it but they haven t arrived yet

Good Afternoon all off to the hospital soon with Dawn and Riley for them to take off plaster, X-ray it and put a lighter one back on I think
    Originally posted by emerald21
    hope it all goes well at the hospital this afternoon

Drat - this ultimo offer would have suited me perfectly. Sadly all they have left now is little dainty A cups
    It would have been perfect as well for TCB summer bonus offer on Thursday as well.
    And you can use paypal

I've found 2 everyday bras which I've got in the basket anyway but the previous free delivery code is not working now. I have subscribed to their email list, hopefully if I just abandon the basket now they will send me a code
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 12:52 PM
    • 16,049 Posts
    • 189,455 Thanks
    mhoc
    Is anyone near Ikea in Edinburgh or Glasgow and is at a loose end on Thursday 27th evening? If so apply for your tickets now

"Exclusive launch parties at IKEA Edinburgh and Glasgow
    Join IKEA for the unveiling of their new living room departments in the Edinburgh and Glasgow stores.

In today's busy world, taking the time to relax and recharge has never been so important. So why do we often feel guilty about it? We say, if you fancy crashing on the sofa and watching trashy TV, go for it. But do it in style.

This summer, IKEA has invested in a more exciting way to shop for your living room, helping you create your perfect space. Don’t miss the launch of the new look living room departments in the Edinburgh and Glasgow stores where you’ll hear all about the latest trends and see their stylish new ranges. There’ll also be drinks and canap!s, plus goody bags to take away.

The exclusive IKEA launch parties will take place at the Edinburgh and Glasgow stores on Thursday 27 July, 6-8pm. Tickets are free but strictly limited so book yours now:

EDINBURGH TICKETS - 32 places left
    https://events.myikeafamily.com/Event/Details/638?utm_campaign=Ikea%20Solus%2017072017&utm_mediu m=email&utm_source=CMA_ION%20MAGAZINE&utm_content=
    GLASGOW TICKETS - 40 places left
    https://events.myikeafamily.com/Event/Details/637?utm_campaign=Ikea%20Solus%2017072017&utm_mediu m=email&utm_source=CMA_ION%20MAGAZINE&utm_content=
    • finlay
    • By finlay 17th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    finlay
    Mhoc
    If you are the same cup size have you considered a bra extender? It would give you an other few inches round the back. Despite my user name I am female!!!! Not just a weirdo!
    Snootchie Bootchies!
    • Hot-N-Thrifty
    • By Hot-N-Thrifty 17th Jul 17, 1:08 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Hot-N-Thrifty
    Good afternoon elite
    Dolmio's worked, Thanks Izzeyb.

8 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    2x Dolmio Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta Bake Sauce (500g) £3.50 £3.00
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Garden Peas in Water (300g) £0.21 £0.21
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sliced Carrots in Water (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    4x Dolmio Tomato & Cheese 'Pasta Bake (500g) £7.00 £6.00
    4x Dolmio Bolognese Pasta Sauce Low Fat (500g) £7.00 £6.00
    2x Dolmio Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake (500g) £3.50 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £21.91 £18.91
    +£3.00 cheaper
    For your information:
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 1:13 PM
    • 16,049 Posts
    • 189,455 Thanks
    mhoc
    Mhoc
    If you are the same cup size have you considered a bra extender? It would give you an other few inches round the back. Despite my user name I am female!!!! Not just a weirdo!
    Originally posted by finlay
    I've not heard of these so I had to look them up - very useful and ebay have packs of 5 from China for 99p so worth a try.

I think though my anatomy is in revolt, my back has widened as well as the cup size - hormones have wrecked havoc on my once svelte shape
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 17th Jul 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4,251 Posts
    • 83,181 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Good afternoon elite
    Dolmio's worked, Thanks Izzeyb.

8 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    2x Dolmio Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta Bake Sauce (500g) £3.50 £3.00
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Garden Peas in Water (300g) £0.21 £0.21
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sliced Carrots in Water (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    4x Dolmio Tomato & Cheese 'Pasta Bake (500g) £7.00 £6.00
    4x Dolmio Bolognese Pasta Sauce Low Fat (500g) £7.00 £6.00
    2x Dolmio Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake (500g) £3.50 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £21.91 £18.91
    +£3.00 cheaper
    For your information:
    Originally posted by Hot-N-Thrifty

Thanks for confirming Hot-n-Thrifty xx
    Last edited by izzeyb; 17-07-2017 at 1:34 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,489Posts Today

4,850Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin