Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,312Posts
    • 35,047Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 428
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 17th Jul 17, 9:11 AM
    • 14,611 Posts
    • 226,802 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Im lost, what naughty word has an I as its second letter?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    3rd even
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 9:16 AM
    • 9,220 Posts
    • 57,783 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all, glorious day here

Two loads of washing out, probably be dry pretty soon

Have to look at my Dyson to see why the brush bar is not going.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C

I can answer the brush bar thing....you need to check the sensors for dust and particles.
    It happened to ours and OH phoned Dyson as it was still under guarantee only to be told there are lots of youtube tutorials on how to clear the sensors.
    Our sensors were near the edge of the collection bin .....and a good clean out there and round the brushes gets it all going again.
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 143 out 121 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Jul 17, 9:27 AM
    • 18,668 Posts
    • 196,948 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I can answer the brush bar thing....you need to check the sensors for dust and particles.
    It happened to ours and OH phoned Dyson as it was still under guarantee only to be told there are lots of youtube tutorials on how to clear the sensors.
    Our sensors were near the edge of the collection bin .....and a good clean out there and round the brushes gets it all going again.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Thank you - didn't even know it had sensors Though this one might be a bit different - 17 years old DC04, no idea how it has kept going this long, but if I can get it to keep going even longer I shall
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 9:43 AM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,190 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    My pickling onions drying in the sunshine

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 17th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    • 2,772 Posts
    • 33,748 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    FREE on COS at S, Today only...........at the moment

Have you noticed how many of the offers now seem to be at S only?
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,190 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning all....

O my Goodness TM....I started reading back over the weekend this morning and what an anxious weekend it's been for you...x

I wont pretend that by the time I got to the post at around 8pm last night there were more than just a couple of tears from me.....so glad the big fella is home!

Morning LEJC

We call him little fella around the house

I was reminded this morning that I will lose him one day and " after all, he is only a cat"

I've been getting rid of sachets of stuff too. Last week I opened a very posh looking Oreal pink thing and started putting it one my elbows only to realise that it was hair conditioner It's now balanced open end up ready to use next time I wash my hair. I've already forgotten to use it twice

Should I just throw it out?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 9:50 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 195,184 Thanks
    mhoc
    Must have just gone live On COS as I checked just before I started the recharge - good excuse to go to Sainsbobs anyway - on nectar.com I've got a couple of things for extra nectar points - dole pineapple and Heinz seriously good sauce, both on offer and both expiring tomorrow so hopefully, fingers and toes crossed, my Sainsbobs has the new COS freebie.

That and the recycling and a few bits for the post box.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Jul 17, 9:56 AM
    • 18,668 Posts
    • 196,948 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning LEJC

I was reminded this morning that I will lose him one day and " after all, he is only a cat"

I've been getting rid of sachets of stuff too. Last week I opened a very posh looking Oreal pink thing and started putting it one my elbows only to realise that it was hair conditioner It's now balanced open end up ready to use next time I wash my hair. I've already forgotten to use it twice

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I will be able to get rid of 3 of those air fresheners we got with the car vouchers when DD moves into the new house - they will have 3 loos
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • juju17
    • By juju17 17th Jul 17, 10:00 AM
    • 1,006 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    juju17
    Must have just gone live On COS as I checked just before I started the recharge - good excuse to go to Sainsbobs anyway - on nectar.com I've got a couple of things for extra nectar points - dole pineapple and Heinz seriously good sauce, both on offer and both expiring tomorrow so hopefully, fingers and toes crossed, my Sainsbobs has the new COS freebie.

That and the recycling and a few bits for the post box.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    mhoc...check the map facility on the app...it will tell you if your store stocks the cashback item.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 10:00 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 195,184 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning LEJC

be ruthless - Ive got a serum on my desk dated December 2015 that has gone solid and a clearing gel that smells odd - these are going out of the door this morning so you can dispense of your pink stuff as well

Very glad Oz is back - having to accept the inevitability of their life span is very hard, very painfull. Our Ronnie must now be 17, I am constantly checking him when he is napping, making sure he is still breathing. He is monitored very closely - there are always discussions as to if we have seen him weeing, pooing and eating. Apart from very stiff joints he is still very much Ronnie, very intelligent and very much the alpha male and he will still make sure Sophie cat knows this if she starts acting up and he will still chase Sophie and Treacle down the garden if they annoy him
    I really want him to drift away in the night so he is sleeping in the middle of the bed when he goes and not have to do the dreadful visit to the vets ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 195,184 Thanks
    mhoc
    I will be able to get rid of 3 of those air fresheners we got with the car vouchers when DD moves into the new house - they will have 3 loos
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    The house we rented when we had the wedding had 3 loos, a bathroom on each floor, it was only for 4 days but even so I came to the conclusion that life is too short, especially for cleaning 3 bathrooms if you have men living in the house - if in years to come I ended up in a house with 3 loos I would have to get a cleaner in at least twice a week to cope with the loos
    Or get rid of the men using the bathrooms ...

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 10:10 AM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,190 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    FREE on COS at S, Today only...........at the moment

Have you noticed how many of the offers now seem to be at S only?
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Thank you...I happen to be passing an S today

Wondering if these could be used like nachos.....

Perhaps the penny is dropping re APG at A and because S continues to hold prices higher for longer, they are the supermarket of choice
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 195,184 Thanks
    mhoc
    For some reason all of the devices in the house this morning - every phone, tablet and ipad has decided to have a strop and every single one needs a recharge - hence why I am just clearing the receipt compost heap off the desk and drinking tea while technology catches up with me this morning.

I have got a very weird week ahead - there is absolutely nothing whatsoever on the calendar this week - I know I am chancing my luck even thinking that there is nothing doing this week

If the weather does turn and we have thunder storms on Wednesday I can start on getting quotes for Sophie cats insurance but as this is a month before renewal even that is not pressing.

Mostly I will be outside, suitably covered in factor 50 and avoiding next door who is again drilling holes in his walls .
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 10:13 AM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,190 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    The house we rented when we had the wedding had 3 loos, a bathroom on each floor, it was only for 4 days but even so I came to the conclusion that life is too short, especially for cleaning 3 bathrooms if you have men living in the house - if in years to come I ended up in a house with 3 loos I would have to get a cleaner in at least twice a week to cope with the loos
    Or get rid of the men using the bathrooms ...

Originally posted by mhoc
    I would have to seal up 2 of them or employ a cleaner. I couldn't handle ensuites in every bedroom. You'd spend half your life cleaning them
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 10:14 AM
    • 9,220 Posts
    • 57,783 Thanks
    LEJC
    I considered myself a little ruthless on the toiletries front the week before last when I threw out 4 things that were unfinished....2 had gone watery and 2 that the labels on the plain packaging had lost their wording so it was not easy to tell what they actually were.

I really don't like throwing anything away unless I have to ...the goal for me is to use it up....or I should never have applied for it in the first place.

I am struggling at the moment with 6 body lotions on the go....2 of which I really dont like 3 that are ok and one that is for special occasions only as there isn't much left and I'm unlikely to ever be in a position to get it again....it was a test product that I fell in love with then discovered it was £58 for a 200ml bottle!!

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Jul 17, 10:21 AM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,190 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

I am struggling at the moment with 6 body lotions on the go....
    Are you very slippy?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 10:23 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 195,184 Thanks
    mhoc
    I considered myself a little ruthless on the toiletries front the week before last when I threw out 4 things that were unfinished....2 had gone watery and 2 that the labels on the plain packaging had lost their wording so it was not easy to tell what they actually were.

I really don't like throwing anything away unless I have to ...the goal for me is to use it up....or I should never have applied for it in the first place.

I am struggling at the moment with 6 body lotions on the go....2 of which I really dont like 3 that are ok and one that is for special occasions only as there isn't much left and I'm unlikely to ever be in a position to get it again....it was a test product that I fell in love with then discovered it was £58 for a 200ml bottle!!
    Yes, body lotions are a difficult section to tackle. You need the deep moisturising ones for when you come out of the bath or shower, then the ones with high SPF for going outside, then ones with self tan in them you apply a few days before you are going out anywhere so you don't look pale and mottled due to the constant rain when the sun does not come and also the expensive perfumed ones that smell nice on your skin for when you are going anywhere dressy ... and then there are the creams for cracked feet and various hand lotions and ones for necks and all of the facial ones ...
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 17th Jul 17, 10:26 AM
    • 9,220 Posts
    • 57,783 Thanks
    LEJC
    Are you very slippy?
    beautifully conditioned,I call it!

no actually ....I get very fed up with body lotion usually after about the second go....so it gets discarded and another opened.

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jul 17, 10:38 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 195,184 Thanks
    mhoc
    I thought I would start today with some clothes sorting and ebaying

Firstly I had to get dressed, this is getting to be a ridulously long job now, much simpler in winter when its leggings, thick socks, long sleeved t shirts and baggy jumpers, all done in minutes before hypothermia sets in
    ... I started going through an under the bed box in search of a suitable top, instead found dresses suitable for ebay and masses of tops and skirts etc so long in the tooth and never likely to go back into fashion so Ive filled a charity bag already.

Then I could not find a bra so I turned out the underwear drawers, these have already been sorted out once already.
    But in all honesty I am never going to be a 34 b or 34 c every again - what possessed me to hang onto too small bras, why torture yourself...
    So the new ones have gone into the charity bag and the rest are in a bag for cloth recycling and the drawer now is empty apart from a couple of sets (possibly also too small but new and might be OK for ebaying).
    Which left 2 bras that are correctly sized, one is missing somewhere in the house and one was washed yesterday and is drying - hopefully before the Sainsbobs visit this afternoon.
    This might also involve visiting the Sainsbobs Tu section in search of a bra that fits even though I hate buying anything full price ...
    • cjj
    • By cjj 17th Jul 17, 10:42 AM
    • 6,290 Posts
    • 82,915 Thanks
    cjj
    Hi

Does anyone know of any cheap items sold and dispatched by Amazon just to make up my order please ? I only need another 1p lol Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

387Posts Today

3,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin