Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,027Posts
    • 34,678Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 422
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 28,444 Posts
    • 408,975 Thanks
    tweets
    testing pb
    Originally posted by gocat
    Love your doggy gocat
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 28,444 Posts
    • 408,975 Thanks
    tweets

We had supper out & on the next table was Nick Griffin & his wife
    They spent the whole time 'discussing' furniture arrangements in the spare bedroom ....
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Horrible fellow who tells lies in front of your face. I shut door in his face many moons ago

Even when I told him he was telling porkies he wouldn't have any so I told him not to knock on my door anymore I didn't like liars and shut gate when he left
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 16th Jul 17, 3:51 PM
    • 16,434 Posts
    • 278,085 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I had to have my favourite hen PTS today
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 28,444 Posts
    • 408,975 Thanks
    tweets
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Oh no Dizzy Ditzy (((X)))

RIP little hen
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 16th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 14,262 Posts
    • 241,495 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    This one or the American comedian?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Griffin

Apparently he has been barred from Hungary even though he was in the process of moving there ...
    So that explains the spare bedroom - he must be taking in lodgers
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Yes that one - he lived/lives in the area
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    hugs - poor little hen
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 16th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 1,543 Posts
    • 24,609 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Shop results from today

View comparison
    View comparison
    20 items (16 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Ginsters Chicken & Mushroom Slice (170g) £1.00 £0.75
    1x Ginsters Peppered Steak Slice (170g) £1.00 £0.75
    1x Uncle Bens Savoury Chicken Flavoured Microwave Rice (250g) £1.00 £0.84
    1x Warburtons Toastie White Bread (800g) £1.05 £1.05
    1x Uncle Bens Tomato & Basil Microwave Rice (250g) £1.00 £0.84
    1x Sprite Original (2lt) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Carte D'Or Gelateria Eton Mess Ice Cream Dessert (900ml) £2.50 £1.74
    1x Nestle Cheerios (375g) £2.49 £1.24
    1x ASDA Garlic & Herb Flatbread (245g) £1.50 £0.96
    3x Sprite Zero (2l) £3.00 £3.00
    1x Mr Kipling Bramley Apple Pies (6pk) £1.00 £0.80
    1x Uncle Bens Special Fried Microwave Rice (250g) £1.00 £0.84
    0.66x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.48 £0.47
    1x Uncle Bens Egg Fried Microwave Rice (250g) £1.00 £0.84
    3x Birds Eye Inspirations 2 Fish Chargrills with Tomato & Herb (300g) £10.50 £5.00
    1x Uncle Bens Mexican Style Microwave Rice (250g) £1.00 £0.84
    Comparison total (compared products only) £30.52 £20.96
    +£9.56 cheaper
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Jul 17, 4:03 PM
    • 33,123 Posts
    • 443,352 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Still no sign of him

I've just called in on one of our neighbours who wasn't in this morning. She said "do you mean poppet"

It turns out that Oz has been visiting them for ages. He cries at their French doors until they feed him. I was sceptical until they produced photos of him, which made me tearful.

I just want him home now
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Jul 17, 4:04 PM
    • 33,123 Posts
    • 443,352 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Oh no

So sorry to hear that
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 16th Jul 17, 4:12 PM
    • 4,810 Posts
    • 50,426 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Still no sign of him

I've just called in on one of our neighbours who wasn't in this morning. She said "do you mean poppet"

It turns out that Oz has been visiting them for ages. He cries at their French doors until they feed him. I was sceptical until they produced photos of him, which made me tearful.

I just want him home now
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

He might have a few places like that, so here's hoping he is home soon.

When mine died of old age, I discovered he had at least 3 different part time 'homes.' One of them he went to mid-morning for a second breakfast, eaten outside on top of their coal bunker, another place had a wood burner, apparently he used to show up most days around 4pm, have a dish of treats in front of the fire and then sleep it off for an hour

The third place belonged to an old lady who became a good friend, it started after I heard her complaining in the local shop about the price of cat food to feed her 'stray' cat - which turned out embarrassingly to be mine - so I started taking her supplies so it wouldn't cost her anything. She became his regular holiday home, which was handy.
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 16-07-2017 at 4:17 PM.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 48.15

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 16th Jul 17, 4:27 PM
    • 25,755 Posts
    • 301,716 Thanks
    davemorton
    This one or the American comedian?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Griffin

Apparently he has been barred from Hungary even though he was in the process of moving there ...
    So that explains the spare bedroom - he must be taking in lodgers
    Yes that one - he lived/lives in the area
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Oh, I thought you meant this one.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Oh, thats PETER, silly me!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Jul 17, 4:35 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Todays shop which was mostly to use up some low value wombled APGS - mainly useful fillers items but it took most of my apg away.

In real money I spent £2.81 but of that £1.25 will come back via shopimum and it was a useful receipt for snapping purposes.

2x Walkers Salt & Vinegar Crisps (6x25g) £3.00 £3.00
    1x Shloer Sparkling Red Grape Drink (750ml) £1.25 £1.20
    1.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.23 £0.82
    1x ASDA Easy Cook Long Grain Brown Rice (1kg) £1.19 £1.49
    0.23x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 £0.13
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £0.99 £1.00
    1x ASDA Smartprice Sparkling Spring Water (2l) £0.17 N/A
    1x Shloer Sparkling White Grape Drink (750ml) £1.25 £1.20
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Maris Piper Potatoes (2.5kg) £1.79 £2.00
    1x ASDA Smartprice 6 Eggs (6pk) £0.70 £0.70
    Comparison total (compared products only) £10.54 £11.54

My bananas were reduced - should they have matched full priced ones from Mr T?? I thought sada disregarded reduced items - my reduced oranges don't show.
    [B]1.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.23 £0.82

Has anyone got an email that I can message Sada - the last time I had an issue they just put me through to the store I had problems with, not very helpful.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Jul 17, 4:50 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Yak!! No thanks, but for people to scan

Cruisers/Southampton dwellers.

Which is the best location for train station or cruise ports please, the Premier Inn City Centre or Travelodge Southampton Centre? TIA

Edit: Or I can just pay a few quid more and stop at macdonald botley park hotel & spa, which is very nice, but last time I managed to blag a free coach to the port, not sure how much a taxi would cost from there.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Now you have started me off.

I had to check today what my hotel for later in the year would be, same price thankfully.
    Then I had to check next Marchs hotel - this is the one I booked which has the room rate you can cancel, fortunately the same. Premier inn I can book for about £9 more if I choose the fixed rate - so I am still waiting for this one to change.

In the meantime I looked at the central Travelodge. It seems to have now have 2 sets of room rates - one for business rooms which are supposed to be quieter. Either still more expensive.

Then I had a look at August 2018 - I don't know what possessed me as its a Saturday night I need for next year. I have it plastered all over the google calendar to start looking at room rates for Premier Inn from mid August 2017.
    In the meantime I noticed that Ibis budget have room rates already bookable for August 2018 and the date I want will be £118
    Goodness knows what premier inn room rates will be when it goes live in a month time.
    I know I have to be realistic and realise I am not going to get my usual level of under £50, even £80 is going to be difficult so its one I just will have to grimace and bear, book the rate I can cancel and do some lateral thinking.
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 16th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    • 4,984 Posts
    • 74,848 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Todays shop which was mostly to use up some low value wombled APGS - mainly useful fillers items but it took most of my apg away.

In real money I spent £2.81 but of that £1.25 will come back via shopimum and it was a useful receipt for snapping purposes.

1.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.23 £0.82
    0.23x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 £0.13

My bananas were reduced - should they have matched full priced ones from Mr T?? I thought sada disregarded reduced items - my reduced oranges don't show.
    [B]1.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.23 £0.82

Has anyone got an email that I can message Sada - the last time I had an issue they just put me through to the store I had problems with, not very helpful.
    Afternoon.
    Any deduced veg that has to be weighed always comes on the APG..I presume the oranges were just marked as reduced and didn't need to be weighed.
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 16th Jul 17, 4:57 PM
    • 4,984 Posts
    • 74,848 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Still no sign of him

I just want him home now
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I hope he turns up soon.What a worry.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 16th Jul 17, 5:16 PM
    • 13,561 Posts
    • 140,712 Thanks
    3Dogs
    So sorry DD

Hope Oz turns up soon TM
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98 Nov £62.96 Dec £43.46 Jan £68.88 Feb £86.58 Mar X Apr £52.73 May X June £94.72 July £69.82 Aug £65.81/£100
    NSD Oct 18 Nov 16 Dec 21 Jan 16 Feb 19 Mar 19 Apr 20 May 16 June 19 July 20 Aug 9/16
    eBay Oct £116.33 Nov £76.71 Dec £60.96 Jan £71.28 Feb £24.12 Mar £104.04 Apr £10.75
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 16th Jul 17, 5:26 PM
    • 2,690 Posts
    • 33,291 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback

Whoopsies are ignored by APG, reduced items are not.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 16th Jul 17, 5:51 PM
    • 18,392 Posts
    • 194,887 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Well, i'm home, we've been to Yorkshire for the weekend, went to see DD and her fiance.

So sorry about your chicken Dizzy, they have such characters.

Hope Oz turns up TM, might be out on the town with his girlfriend.

Hugs to anyone thathat needs them xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 16th Jul 17, 5:54 PM
    • 3,138 Posts
    • 44,658 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Sorry to hear Oz is still not back, hopefully he will come in for his tea later.

I copied this into my Notes in case Stanley Boy goes a wandering. Saw it on a FB page some time ago and thought it useful

If a cat goes missing

Please try all these tips as they may well help you to find her.

When it's dry spread hoover contents all round the outside of your house (litter from her litter tray aswell if you have one) hang any item of your clothing that you've been wearing outside, put smelly trainers in your garden with any cat bedding. Anything that smells familiar will help guide her home in case she has lost his scent back home.

Alert all vets in the area and give them a description of her and send them a photo if possible even if she's chipped, you can never be too careful especially if they can't find the chip for any reason. Ring the RSPCA/cats protection and any rescues in the area as any of these places may end up with her so best to give them a description too. Ring the highways and the council and give them her description aswell sad but either way every avenue needs to be explored.

Knock on neighbours doors and ask them to check sheds/garages/outhouses while you wait in case she is shut in. Ask neighbours to prop open doors so if she is scared and hiding she doesn't miss the opportunity to get out if the door is only opened briefly.

Use a torch to check under bushes, decking and in gardens. Search again late evening/early morning when it's quiet and less traffic. Call for her with treats (working your way back towards home so not to inadvertently lead her further away).

Make posters/leaflets and display locally as not everyone uses social media. Leaflet neighbours, put posters up in shops, vets, local primary schools (small children are incredibly observant) anywhere really.

Ensure her chip details are up to date, especially phone numbers. Alert chip company that she's missing, put him on animal search and missing pet register as both are free

Use social media to promote her as much as possible. Look for local missing pet sites and larger community groups on Facebook. Tag yourself in her photo before you share as that way you will be able to follow up any leads from any subsequent shares
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 16th Jul 17, 5:55 PM
    • 16,434 Posts
    • 278,085 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Thank you

TM I hope naughty Oz shows up soon! I know how fraught I get when my asbo cat does that, then she wanders in like she's only been in the garden for an hour
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

21Posts Today

3,539Users online

Martin's Twitter