Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,948Posts
    • 34,468Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 416
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 15th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    • 2,651 Posts
    • 32,908 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    So annoyed - I had £10 of eVouchers for A that needed using this week - I went to order on the date of expiry and they had gone . With car trouble this is one of the additional consequences .

I did login on the day of expiry and saw they were still available, put little Anon to bed then went back on around 10.30pm and found they had gone. Did others know they expire at 10pm?

I did contact CS and they claim you need to use the day before expiry - that doesn't sound right unless they are set the same as 1Pint? I may complain again if that is wrong!

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    It's always been the case that they'd be removed after 9pm ish on the day of expiry. They really should state expiry at x o'clock on that day, but never have done. It's never been the case that you need to use them the day before expiry. As long as they are checked out before removal from your account they are valid. Another case of being mis-advised by CS.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Jul 17, 2:40 PM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon all

Its very hot and sticky and blowy outside

Did anyone do the TCB summer bonus on Thursday ?
    I got Clarks sandals in the sale, collect instore on Tuesday hopefully, paid with paypal and the bonus was showing as pending straight away Just got to do a shoe cull in the meantime.
    Then I used Ohs account and after a bit if a struggle I ordered 2 lots of the fitted sheets I needed from Marks - it turned out I could use either the 20% off bedding or my £10 premier club voucher but not both
    A bit later I did another Marks order, paid for partly with e vouchers and part cash, hopefully again collecting on Tuesday

But the summer bonus is not showing on Ohs account for either order - def made sure I activated and spent more than £13 so it was way more than £10 plus vat. I've sent them a support ticket but it looks like a loss cause. I wonder if its bacause I used part cash and part e vouchers but that makes no sense - e vouchers are still real money.
    So the 2nd order may be taken back for a refund - at least its an excuse to go to Chester next week

And I am having issues still with the Morrisons Hovis receipt from the 6th July still - no reply to the email I sent to clicksnap. I did though have a declined email but as it does not say which submission and my account has no red declined items on the activity list on my account

Thursday I had a really productive day.
    Firstly I sorted out the issue with my phone not being able to upgrade to the latest IOS and it also had stopped doing the latest app updates so it had reached a critical point where I had to get to grips with the problem.
    Then once I sorted that out I also upgraded the ipad which has languised in some long forgotten IOS for years as I was terrified of it being unusuable.
    Some teething issues now as I get used to the shiny newness.

Then I tackled the TCB orders with mixed results.

Then I went through the Google calender adding reminders and updates and cross referencing things -my memory is not getting any better

And a tidy up of the excel charts
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th Jul 17, 2:47 PM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,087 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Afternoon all and Nellie

Just got back from Chester.

Meant to say I went to Morissons yesterday and I'm sure the woman on the ss tills was trying to diddle me out of a £5 coupon you know the ones that roll out from a machine above you.

I was splitting up my small shop into 4 as I want the receipts for shopprize. I did two and was on my third when all of a sudden this old woman stepped forward and snatched this £5 voucher even before I had chance to notice it myself.

I said to her what was that as she was trying to hide it on her person. She said oh it's not yours it belongs to the person before you. I said the person before was me this is my 3rd shop. She obviously didn't believe me but when she knew she wouldn t be getting it she said I ll take it to the cs desk and you can ask there.

Anyway the woman there checked my transactions and it was indeed mine huh cheeky bu**er. I didn't accuse her as she would have denied it anyway. Bet if she didn t use it she would have given it o a relative.

You ve got to watch them you know.

Also in Tesco s I noticed a woman going through a till with loads of tissues in a cube box they had 4p on them. She had taken the lot probably about 50 and will more than likely be selling them on a stall at the boot sale tomorrow for a lot more than 4p I ll bet lol
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 15th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    • 1,623 Posts
    • 21,590 Thanks
    Saversue
    So annoyed - I had £10 of eVouchers for A that needed using this week - I went to order on the date of expiry and they had gone . With car trouble this is one of the additional consequences .

I did login on the day of expiry and saw they were still available, put little Anon to bed then went back on around 10.30pm and found they had gone. Did others know they expire at 10pm?

I did contact CS and they claim you need to use the day before expiry - that doesn't sound right unless they are set the same as 1Pint? I may complain again if that is wrong!

Anon
    Sorry you lost it Anon.

I believe it's because you have to actually be able to collect/have the order delivered by the expiry date.
    So if you try to put an order on on the day it expires and there are no slots for collecting/ have it delivered that day you are stitched.

Always best to make a note to order at least they day before expiry and don't leave it till really late e.g. after 11pm because might not accept/get a slot.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 15th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 1,623 Posts
    • 21,590 Thanks
    Saversue
    Used the £1 Off in Sada today, till didn't recognise it and had to be put through manually. Anyone else had the same problem?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Yes, yes and yes, happens every time I've tried.
    So far they have been putting through manually, but can't be bothered with all the messing and raised profile if using APGS.
    Much easier in Tesco and usually Morrisions.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 15th Jul 17, 3:12 PM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 24,275 Thanks
    LANGO1966

Meant to say I went to Morissons yesterday and I'm sure the woman on the ss tills was trying to diddle me out of a £5 coupon you know the ones that roll out from a machine above you.

I was splitting up my small shop into 4 as I want the receipts for shopprize. I did two and was on my third when all of a sudden this old woman stepped forward and snatched this £5 voucher even before I had chance to notice it myself.

I said to her what was that as she was trying to hide it on her person. She said oh it's not yours it belongs to the person before you. I said the person before was me this is my 3rd shop. She obviously didn't believe me but when she knew she wouldn t be getting it she said I ll take it to the cs desk and you can ask there.

Anyway the woman there checked my transactions and it was indeed mine huh cheeky bu**er. I didn't accuse her as she would have denied it anyway. Bet if she didn t use it she would have given it o a relative.

Also in Tesco s I noticed a woman going through a till with loads of tissues in a cube box they had 4p on them. She had taken the lot probably about 50 and will more than likely be selling them on a stall at the boot sale tomorrow for a lot more than 4p I ll bet lol
    Originally posted by emerald21
    This seems to be happening more than we think. My wife had the same issue yesterday with trout on SS snatching voucher and putting it into her pocket. Wife challenged her and she told her that it's not yours it was the person before her. Same off to customer services to verify, no apology from the trout, seems they are looking to pocket them for themselves, be watchful.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc

Its almost like you have to be on your guard when you go through the till .
    I was using the self scanners in Morribobs and I had 4 transactions so I put the receipts in front of me as I did each one. The SSS came up beside me and tried to side swipe them but fortunately I was watching and grabbed them just in time - possibly she was just tidying the tills up but why do it while someone was actually using them and not afterwards ....
    Receipts now go firmly into my hand, its def not happening again
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 15th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 5,394 Posts
    • 66,567 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Our local hospice has a small chain of about half a dozen charity shops. They've just opened another one - everything that isn't sold in the original shops is sent to the new one and sold for £1. I think it's a brilliant idea - especially as I got a Boden top and a new Windsmoor coat there this morning!
    Couple that with a free bag of Minions Haribo on 02 and I'm very happy with my morning's work. I'm officially cheap
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Jul 17, 3:43 PM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    Our local hospice has a small chain of about half a dozen charity shops. They've just opened another one - everything that isn't sold in the original shops is sent to the new one and sold for £1. I think it's a brilliant idea - especially as I got a Boden top and a new Windsmoor coat there this morning!
    Couple that with a free bag of Minions Haribo on 02 and I'm very happy with my morning's work. I'm officially cheap
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    very envious This will be your new favourite shop.
    I counted the other Saturday and there are 16 charity shop in our nearest small town - and even though its a reasonably affluent area if I went through every shop and every rail it would be impossible to find anything designer - no Boden ever, even things like Laura Ashley and newer Monsoon are very rare.

I don't know how any of them make even enough to pay the rent as everything is expensive - nearly what prices are at sale times
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th Jul 17, 4:11 PM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,087 Thanks
    emerald21
    This seems to be happening more than we think. My wife had the same issue yesterday with trout on SS snatching voucher and putting it into her pocket. Wife challenged her and she told her that it's not yours it was the person before her. Same off to customer services to verify, no apology from the trout, seems they are looking to pocket them for themselves, be watchful.
    Originally posted by LANGO1966

Mmm exactly . It's theft and they would lose their job over it but if they gave it to someone else who would know .
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 15th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    • 5,394 Posts
    • 66,567 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    very envious This will be your new favourite shop.
    I counted the other Saturday and there are 16 charity shop in our nearest small town - and even though its a reasonably affluent area if I went through every shop and every rail it would be impossible to find anything designer - no Boden ever, even things like Laura Ashley and newer Monsoon are very rare.

I don't know how any of them make even enough to pay the rent as everything is expensive - nearly what prices are at sale times
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I think I got lucky because it's a new shop. As soon as word gets around, that will be it. Although this isn't a particularly affluent area (in SE terms) one of the feeder shops is somewhere much more upmarket. I'm guessing that's where the coat came from.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Jul 17, 4:53 PM
    • 48,654 Posts
    • 566,760 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all................yipee a sit down, totally boogerd , might even fall asleep
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • Anon
    • By Anon 15th Jul 17, 5:18 PM
    • 11,781 Posts
    • 129,584 Thanks
    Anon
    Its almost like you have to be on your guard when you go through the till .
    I was using the self scanners in Morribobs and I had 4 transactions so I put the receipts in front of me as I did each one. The SSS came up beside me and tried to side swipe them but fortunately I was watching and grabbed them just in time - possibly she was just tidying the tills up but why do it while someone was actually using them and not afterwards ....
    Receipts now go firmly into my hand, its def not happening again
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Mmm exactly . It's theft and they would lose their job over it but if they gave it to someone else who would know .
    There is nothing sinister - their service standards will include keeping the tills tidy of receipts, other rubbish and left items. I agree you have to be on your guard though so they don't bin your receipt.

Anon
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,087 Thanks
    emerald21
    There is nothing sinister - their service standards will include keeping the tills tidy of receipts, other rubbish and left items. I agree you have to be on your guard though so they don't bin your receipt.

Anon
    My item wasn t rubbish and it was hanging out of the machine so not on the deck or floor
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th Jul 17, 7:10 PM
    • 32,615 Posts
    • 439,364 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good evening paw sniffers

How are we all?

It's stopped raining
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th Jul 17, 7:10 PM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,087 Thanks
    emerald21
    Afternoon all................yipee a sit down, totally boogerd , might even fall asleep
    Originally posted by bubbs

Hi bubbs is this your sister who lost her husband and has she moved nearer to you ?
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th Jul 17, 7:13 PM
    • 32,615 Posts
    • 439,364 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just had a pop up from Groupon offering a £20 Zeek gift voucher for £10.

Pleased I read the T&C's as it says it's for new customers only....which I'm not. Wonder what would have happened had I purchased?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 15th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    • 2,130 Posts
    • 12,034 Thanks
    thepearce
    Just had a pop up from Groupon offering a £20 Zeek gift voucher for £10.

Pleased I read the T&C's as it says it's for new customers only....which I'm not. Wonder what would have happened had I purchased?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    The code won't work. I did this and had to get refunded from groupon.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 15th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    • 6,230 Posts
    • 82,379 Thanks
    cjj
    Hi, hope everyone is well.
    Annoyed today as my Sada receipt is too fient for cashback so lost £4.40 ish & also can't read a few numbers from barcode to do apg which should have been about £9 xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 48,654 Posts
    • 566,760 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi bubbs is this your sister who lost her husband and has she moved nearer to you ?
    Its about the same distance once im off the park 10-15 mins depending on traffic
    TM, we got soaked loading the lorry, i did look a sight , didnt even have a coat
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

200Posts Today

1,483Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin