Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,958Posts
    • 34,494Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 415
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th Jul 17, 10:22 AM
    • 32,663 Posts
    • 439,834 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thanks TM so we can't do cashback from snap & save and cos on same receipt ?

Back to the drawing board lol. Planned my lists all wrong hehe xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Yes I understand we can as TCB SnS is no longer using the CoS system. They switched from inhouse to CoS then to Shopit then abandoned Shopit (does Shopit even still exist and if they do, what offers do they now have?).

Hopefully they will return to CoS at some point - but it was an odd relationship given CoS is Q which is TCBs main rival.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I'd go with Anon cjj....I'm out of the loop
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 15th Jul 17, 11:29 AM
    • 2,734 Posts
    • 39,930 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    Morning Everyone

Got the house to myself this morning. - nice quiet Saturday morning and a chance to catch up with the Elite

Finally received my carrot and apple Dorset muesli this morning

Really pleased as was going to splash out and buy () a couple of new books for hols soon but decided to try reserving them at the library instead - so now have four of my favourite authors for £2.40

Last edited by Busylizzie; 15-07-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 15th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 2,734 Posts
    • 39,930 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    Also received my 30 Whistlefish cards today. They're lovely and means I'm stocked up for quite a while now. Many thanks to OP who mentioned them
    • gocat
    • By gocat 15th Jul 17, 12:05 PM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 52,239 Thanks
    gocat

Thank you ladies, and the others too, but it wasn't my birthday ..........................

but it is now 15th July, St Swithins Day

and I am spending it working this afternoon at charity shop
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Happy Birthday 3 dogs. Have a great afternoon in the charity shop
    • gocat
    • By gocat 15th Jul 17, 12:06 PM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 52,239 Thanks
    gocat
    Dropped DD off at h'row for her flight back to Ozzieland. Feeling
    Will have to start saving to go out there.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Jul 17, 12:08 PM
    • 1,671 Posts
    • 18,298 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Convent Shloop
    Used the £1 Off in Sada today, till didn't recognise it and had to be put through manually. Anyone else had the same problem?
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Jul 17, 12:17 PM
    • 14,185 Posts
    • 240,637 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 15th Jul 17, 12:21 PM
    • 4,251 Posts
    • 83,185 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Used the £1 Off in Sada today, till didn't recognise it and had to be put through manually. Anyone else had the same problem?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk

Gave up trying to use them in Asda a long time ago braveheart

I was told they wouldn't work when the product is on offer.

Not just the covent garden soup coupons, anything that is on offer, till rejects them.

If you are lucky you could get SA who would override it; I had them refused in my four local stores so just not worth the hassle.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 1,671 Posts
    • 18,298 Thanks
    braveheart60uk

Not just the covent garden soup coupons, anything that is on offer, till rejects them.

If you are lucky you could get SA who would override it; I had them refused in my four local stores so just not worth the hassle.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thanks for that, will either pay 17p more for a bigger one in Tosser or find a Morries and get for free.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Jul 17, 12:26 PM
    • 1,671 Posts
    • 18,298 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Gweggies
    APP
    We all know when you sign up you get a free hot drink and a birthday treat on...... your birthday...
    Now there is also free bottle of juiced fruit & veg too.

A friend was lucky as their birthday was the next day and got ALL 3 for free in one go.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Jul 17, 12:31 PM
    • 14,185 Posts
    • 240,637 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    ms-money-penny again was yesterday's smartest player!

25 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 15th Jul 17, 1:42 PM
    • 3,574 Posts
    • 46,700 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I went to our M&S local clearance centre

OMG there was one person there who had 6 full M&S carrier bags plus another 2 basket trollies full of dresses At least 100 dresses at £3.00 each Most of the queue was amazed

The assistant brought out a rails of pants 2 for £1.00 A guy rushed up lifted and armful I just lifted a some too luckily DIL size but DH does not think she will like them They are lovely I do hope she likes them as they will be too big for me

Trousers were 2 for £5.00

Came back and DS has cleared some of the loft and its away to the tip already

Catch up later
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 15th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 2,653 Posts
    • 32,930 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Work for me fine, scanned as £1 off, just needs Sup approval at end. All stores have individual scanning requirements based upon previous fraudulent/excess activity.
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 15th Jul 17, 2:04 PM
    • 1,526 Posts
    • 20,912 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    All coupons, except APGs, at my Asda have to be put through manually, they are really good they just automatically do them manually
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 15th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    • 2,653 Posts
    • 32,930 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    So annoyed - I had £10 of eVouchers for A that needed using this week - I went to order on the date of expiry and they had gone . With car trouble this is one of the additional consequences .

I did login on the day of expiry and saw they were still available, put little Anon to bed then went back on around 10.30pm and found they had gone. Did others know they expire at 10pm?

I did contact CS and they claim you need to use the day before expiry - that doesn't sound right unless they are set the same as 1Pint? I may complain again if that is wrong!

Anon
    It's always been the case that they'd be removed after 9pm ish on the day of expiry. They really should state expiry at x o'clock on that day, but never have done. It's never been the case that you need to use them the day before expiry. As long as they are checked out before removal from your account they are valid. Another case of being mis-advised by CS.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Jul 17, 2:40 PM
    • 16,049 Posts
    • 189,463 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon all

Its very hot and sticky and blowy outside

Did anyone do the TCB summer bonus on Thursday ?
    I got Clarks sandals in the sale, collect instore on Tuesday hopefully, paid with paypal and the bonus was showing as pending straight away Just got to do a shoe cull in the meantime.
    Then I used Ohs account and after a bit if a struggle I ordered 2 lots of the fitted sheets I needed from Marks - it turned out I could use either the 20% off bedding or my £10 premier club voucher but not both
    A bit later I did another Marks order, paid for partly with e vouchers and part cash, hopefully again collecting on Tuesday

But the summer bonus is not showing on Ohs account for either order - def made sure I activated and spent more than £13 so it was way more than £10 plus vat. I've sent them a support ticket but it looks like a loss cause. I wonder if its bacause I used part cash and part e vouchers but that makes no sense - e vouchers are still real money.
    So the 2nd order may be taken back for a refund - at least its an excuse to go to Chester next week

And I am having issues still with the Morrisons Hovis receipt from the 6th July still - no reply to the email I sent to clicksnap. I did though have a declined email but as it does not say which submission and my account has no red declined items on the activity list on my account

Thursday I had a really productive day.
    Firstly I sorted out the issue with my phone not being able to upgrade to the latest IOS and it also had stopped doing the latest app updates so it had reached a critical point where I had to get to grips with the problem.
    Then once I sorted that out I also upgraded the ipad which has languised in some long forgotten IOS for years as I was terrified of it being unusuable.
    Some teething issues now as I get used to the shiny newness.

Then I tackled the TCB orders with mixed results.

Then I went through the Google calender adding reminders and updates and cross referencing things -my memory is not getting any better

And a tidy up of the excel charts
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th Jul 17, 2:47 PM
    • 9,495 Posts
    • 107,220 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Afternoon all and Nellie

Just got back from Chester.

Meant to say I went to Morissons yesterday and I'm sure the woman on the ss tills was trying to diddle me out of a £5 coupon you know the ones that roll out from a machine above you.

I was splitting up my small shop into 4 as I want the receipts for shopprize. I did two and was on my third when all of a sudden this old woman stepped forward and snatched this £5 voucher even before I had chance to notice it myself.

I said to her what was that as she was trying to hide it on her person. She said oh it's not yours it belongs to the person before you. I said the person before was me this is my 3rd shop. She obviously didn't believe me but when she knew she wouldn t be getting it she said I ll take it to the cs desk and you can ask there.

Anyway the woman there checked my transactions and it was indeed mine huh cheeky bu**er. I didn't accuse her as she would have denied it anyway. Bet if she didn t use it she would have given it o a relative.

You ve got to watch them you know.

Also in Tesco s I noticed a woman going through a till with loads of tissues in a cube box they had 4p on them. She had taken the lot probably about 50 and will more than likely be selling them on a stall at the boot sale tomorrow for a lot more than 4p I ll bet lol
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 15th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 21,640 Thanks
    Saversue
    So annoyed - I had £10 of eVouchers for A that needed using this week - I went to order on the date of expiry and they had gone . With car trouble this is one of the additional consequences .

I did login on the day of expiry and saw they were still available, put little Anon to bed then went back on around 10.30pm and found they had gone. Did others know they expire at 10pm?

I did contact CS and they claim you need to use the day before expiry - that doesn't sound right unless they are set the same as 1Pint? I may complain again if that is wrong!

Anon
    Sorry you lost it Anon.

I believe it's because you have to actually be able to collect/have the order delivered by the expiry date.
    So if you try to put an order on on the day it expires and there are no slots for collecting/ have it delivered that day you are stitched.

Always best to make a note to order at least they day before expiry and don't leave it till really late e.g. after 11pm because might not accept/get a slot.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 15th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 21,640 Thanks
    Saversue
    Yes, yes and yes, happens every time I've tried.
    So far they have been putting through manually, but can't be bothered with all the messing and raised profile if using APGS.
    Much easier in Tesco and usually Morrisions.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 15th Jul 17, 3:12 PM
    • 1,516 Posts
    • 24,304 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Good Afternoon all and Nellie

Just got back from Chester.

Meant to say I went to Morissons yesterday and I'm sure the woman on the ss tills was trying to diddle me out of a £5 coupon you know the ones that roll out from a machine above you.

I was splitting up my small shop into 4 as I want the receipts for shopprize. I did two and was on my third when all of a sudden this old woman stepped forward and snatched this £5 voucher even before I had chance to notice it myself.

I said to her what was that as she was trying to hide it on her person. She said oh it's not yours it belongs to the person before you. I said the person before was me this is my 3rd shop. She obviously didn't believe me but when she knew she wouldn t be getting it she said I ll take it to the cs desk and you can ask there.

Anyway the woman there checked my transactions and it was indeed mine huh cheeky bu**er. I didn't accuse her as she would have denied it anyway. Bet if she didn t use it she would have given it o a relative.

You ve got to watch them you know.

Also in Tesco s I noticed a woman going through a till with loads of tissues in a cube box they had 4p on them. She had taken the lot probably about 50 and will more than likely be selling them on a stall at the boot sale tomorrow for a lot more than 4p I ll bet lol
    Originally posted by emerald21
    This seems to be happening more than we think. My wife had the same issue yesterday with trout on SS snatching voucher and putting it into her pocket. Wife challenged her and she told her that it's not yours it was the person before her. Same off to customer services to verify, no apology from the trout, seems they are looking to pocket them for themselves, be watchful.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

266Posts Today

1,567Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin