Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,167Posts
    • 34,871Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 393
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 12th Jul 17, 8:09 PM
    • 35,870 Posts
    • 151,041 Thanks
    silvercar
    correct, was free, now they want a monthly fee!
    When did this change? i used it the other day, edit actually was yesterday
    Originally posted by bubbs
    All the pictures you posted yesterday were also like that!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jul 17, 8:10 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,788 Thanks
    bubbs
    What time was your shop bubbs?

I'm trying to check a shop from 4pm, it's telling me to wait until 6am
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    13.40 Chris
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jul 17, 8:11 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,788 Thanks
    bubbs
    All the pictures you posted yesterday were also like that!
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Not for me it wasnt
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• locarr
    • By locarr 12th Jul 17, 8:14 PM
    • 7,777 Posts
    • 138,008 Thanks
    locarr
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    I had an email from them about it a few days ago. Tinypic for me from now on, even if it does make my pictures come out upside down.[/QUOTE]

tried to up load some pics at the weekend and couldn't, quite expensive too.
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jul 17, 8:15 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,788 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    I had an email from them about it a few days ago. Tinypic for me from now on, even if it does make my pictures come out upside down.[/QUOTE]

Bloomin heck, will have to have go at it then
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    • 26,039 Posts
    • 303,797 Thanks
    davemorton
    Nope. I keep getting sim error.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    I'm on talktalk.

I have an Alcatel pixi 4 5 5010x It's unlocked. I've been using a talktalk sim for about 2 years. Last week it came up with Sim error. The sim will work in other phones so thats not the problem. When I put an 02 sim or any other sim into the alcatel they all work fine. It just wont recognise the sim. I've even had a replacement!!

I bought the phone off ebay about 4 months ago with no problems until last week.

I've spoken to talktalk but they cant find a solution.
    So are you saying if you put an O2 sim in, it works, but a talktalk one wont work and comes up sim error?
    Also, have you used the talktalk sim in another phone?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jul 17, 8:30 PM
    • 16,425 Posts
    • 192,481 Thanks
    mhoc
    What a shame you can't manage to go, you would have found some great bargains . As long as she has help that's the main thing isn't it. There again, one hobby one would be enough wouldn't it
    Originally posted by altojack
    Its central London so no bargains, well not what we would think of as Bargains I looked at the pic if the shop on google, looks very posh.
    I know there are several designer handbags that have been labelled up today - I didnt ask how much
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Jul 17, 8:31 PM
    • 1,983 Posts
    • 18,793 Thanks
    curl girl
    Evening peeps

Thanks to zippy for mentioning the half price toothpaste in M yesterday.
    Both CS and COS have been accepted today, full price would have been £64 for the 16 tubes! I'm now stocked up.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 12th Jul 17, 8:37 PM
    • 5,333 Posts
    • 93,226 Thanks
    scamps1966
    I'm on talktalk.

I have an Alcatel pixi 4 5 5010x It's unlocked. I've been using a talktalk sim for about 2 years. Last week it came up with Sim error. The sim will work in other phones so thats not the problem. When I put an 02 sim or any other sim into the alcatel they all work fine. It just wont recognise the sim. I've even had a replacement!!

I bought the phone off ebay about 4 months ago with no problems until last week.

I've spoken to talktalk but they cant find a solution.
    So are you saying if you put an O2 sim in, it works, but a talktalk one wont work and comes up sim error?
    Also, have you used the talktalk sim in another phone?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    As said. any sim will work in my phone except talktalk even though it has before. my talktalk sim will work in all other phones!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Jul 17, 8:40 PM
    • 26,039 Posts
    • 303,797 Thanks
    davemorton
    As said. any sim will work in my phone except talktalk even though it has before. my talktalk sim will work in all other phones!!
    Sorry Scamps, never come across that before, most odd.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Jul 17, 8:40 PM
    • 1,983 Posts
    • 18,793 Thanks
    curl girl
    I found a box containing 9 mobile phones at the weekend, for the charity shop or sale or bin!

I'm in the process of charging and removing photos, surprising they are all working, they will get a good reception as most have aerials!

Can't believe how things have moved on.
    Last edited by curl girl; 12-07-2017 at 8:44 PM.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 4,843 Posts
    • 53,704 Thanks
    gocat
    correct, was free, now they want a monthly fee![/QUOTE]
    I managed to upload a pix earlier onto here. No money exchanged
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,788 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening peeps

Thanks to zippy for mentioning the half price toothpaste in M yesterday.
    Both CS and COS have been accepted today, full price would have been £64 for the 16 tubes! I'm now stocked up.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Hello
    I missed it well done you
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• obama
    • By obama 12th Jul 17, 8:56 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 8,662 Thanks
    obama
    Good evening, lovely Elite

Evening all
    Glad to sit down
    Have not read back so don't know if been mentioned but.......
    FAIRY ON 3 4 £10 AND MY PICKS

BOLD ON 2 4 £6 AND MY PICKS
    Thanks for this, Bubbs
    It's been a while since I've played with Waities, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I have an 8 quid off 40 CS, so 8 Bold should work out at a quid each after picks and CS... ?
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 12th Jul 17, 8:57 PM
    • 2,347 Posts
    • 25,984 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Oh dear Scamps, we've opened a floodgate of mobile problems

Seriously, I hope everyone gets sorted out xx

piccie of my dog Tessa to test Photobucket

yep works for me
    Originally posted by altojack
    Lovely Tessa, who spoilt the piccie poking their finger over the screen

Thank you for the life, yes yours came through. How is life treating you, not caught up in ages. Bet those babies are growing rapidly xx[/QUOTE]

They are growing so quick its scary! The eldest is 27months and the baby is 9 months!
    I went down last week for a couple of days babysitting ..first time with the 2 of them..and it was super..the baby isn't crawling but sits and plays happily and he has a lovely gummy smile and an infectious laugh his elder brother is so good, he plays with his sibling and is so kind and gentle. His mum gets them down for their naps at the same time...but unfortunately for me I didn't, when one was up the other was asleep, and when one was asleep the other was up...at least I could have time with them both individually
    At least its a little less oppressive now and hopefully we should all be able to breathe better and sleep better ..til the next hot and muggy spell. x
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Jul 17, 9:00 PM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,422 Thanks
    emerald21
    Hi Seren, glad you had a nice day. Sorry I didn't see you waving If you were by the Gresford Roundabout you were only 1.5 miles away from me
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Seren could have joined us at your house lol I had some Waitrose vouchers too 4 £6 off a £30 spend .
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Jul 17, 9:01 PM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,730 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    NCG - £1 off is back,
    I just had an email
    Originally posted by HILLBERN

Fabulous news

Strange occurrence at whoopsie time

Another shopper put his hand on the RTC curry meal deal at the same time as me

I stood back, he offered I declined He took it away Another shopper came and gave me hers out of her basket saying she did not really need such large meals as she is own her own I did decline but she insisted Way to embarrassing to argue

I waited outside and gave her two of my Flora spreads I am not good at receiving kindness Happy to give though Off to read back
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    You are a lovely woman xxx

Evening all
    Glad to sit down
    Have not read back so don't know if been mentioned but.......
    FAIRY ON 3 4 £10 AND MY PICKS

BOLD ON 2 4 £6 AND MY PICKS
    And Mr Waities has just sent me some £6 off £30 shops...
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 12th Jul 17, 9:01 PM
    • 5,333 Posts
    • 93,226 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Sorry Scamps, never come across that before, most odd.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    That;s why it's so frustrating! Talktalk can't work it out. They're saying it;s a problem with the phone, but as it will work with other sims there;s no problem with it.

I've even done a complete factory reset, still no joy!!

It's driving me mad as I know a little about tech, but this is beyond me
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Jul 17, 9:01 PM
    • 1,983 Posts
    • 18,793 Thanks
    curl girl
    Hello
    I missed it well done you
    Hi bubbs.

I was near a W this afternoon, wish I had one closer than 11 miles away, but we're not posh enough.
    I have screen shot your laundry post in case I venture that way soon. Thanks.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jul 17, 9:01 PM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,788 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good evening, lovely Elite

Thanks for this, Bubbs
    It's been a while since I've played with Waities, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I have an 8 quid off 40 CS, so 8 Bold should work out at a quid each after picks and CS... ?
    Originally posted by obama
    You are very welcome.......now you are asking hang on i will see if i get the same answer
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,022Posts Today

8,717Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin