Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,309Posts
    • 35,040Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 385
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 11th Jul 17, 10:15 PM
    • 5,590 Posts
    • 68,419 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Here it is

No it's not.....it's my whoopsies tonight. With Oz's squirrel in the background :-(
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Were you not particularly pleased with any of it tonight?
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 10:15 PM
    • 34,115 Posts
    • 450,837 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    My store (that I walked past on the way home from work ... on foot ... as my car isn't working ... ) was reducing items to 10p. I asked if they were going on display and was told no they are going into the back. I can only assume for staff, as if binning they wouldn't bother putting labels on. I know staff deserve good deals too, but this is not the first time I have seen staff in this store putting reduced items away and then buying.

Ho hum ... too heavy to carry anyway .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Bet you would have had a good go though......a carrier bag in each hand
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 10:16 PM
    • 34,115 Posts
    • 450,837 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Were you not particularly pleased with any of it tonight?
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Thank you for reminding me hg.....I was thrown when the wrong photo appeared

I was particularly pleased with the basil which is hiding under the lettuce

I've hid the raspberries from cjj
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jul 17, 10:21 PM
    • 51,257 Posts
    • 586,033 Thanks
    bubbs
    Is it Thursday apg pick up new offer prices in t from tomorrow please?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 10:26 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Anon, might be worth posing on the motoring thread, or pistonheads to ask if anyone can recommend a good garage within your area? (Dont mention you go to Hellfords though or the pickforks will come out! )
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 10:27 PM
    • 34,115 Posts
    • 450,837 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Is it Thursday apg pick up new offer prices in t from tomorrow please?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thought they are picked up daily?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 9,154 Posts
    • 122,371 Thanks
    altojack
    Hi AJ
    Hope this cooler weather is better for you're breathing x
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Much better thank you xx

OH says the weather today is much better for his breathing. Was really suffering in the heatwave.
    Originally posted by gocat
    It has been a great relief today for me. It started off sunny then rain appeared and it's been like it all day, I've felt so much calmer in myself too, don't know if that's related or not that heatwave had me on my knees, couldn't hardly move because of breathlessness. Fingers crossed for rain tomorrow xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 159
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Jul 17, 10:33 PM
    • 9,154 Posts
    • 122,371 Thanks
    altojack
    I've just spent an hour trying to find out why candy lives and requests aren't getting through to me I've either been booted off or something wrong, I'm hoping it's something wrong that can be sorted out.

Anyone here that gets lives from me? Have you had any today? Just checking that it's working one way at least xx

Out 159
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jul 17, 10:33 PM
    • 51,257 Posts
    • 586,033 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thought they are picked up daily?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    but not till later in the day then?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Jul 17, 10:35 PM
    • 9,154 Posts
    • 122,371 Thanks
    altojack
    Shall I turn the volume up, oh no there is no volume to the rain, there's lots of it . I've got my fingers crossed that tomorrow is cool , maybe my spell of sunshine is on it's way to DM and TM xx

Out 159
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jul 17, 10:36 PM
    • 51,257 Posts
    • 586,033 Thanks
    bubbs
    Much better thank you xx

It has been a great relief today for me. It started off sunny then rain appeared and it's been like it all day, I've felt so much calmer in myself too, don't know if that's related or not that heatwave had me on my knees, couldn't hardly move because of breathlessness. Fingers crossed for rain tomorrow xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Good glad you are feeling better, the heat floored alot of people i think, its was the clammy ness, it was horrible
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jul 17, 10:37 PM
    • 51,257 Posts
    • 586,033 Thanks
    bubbs
    Shall I turn the volume up, oh no there is no volume to the rain, there's lots of it . I've got my fingers crossed that tomorrow is cool , maybe my spell of sunshine is on it's way to DM and TM xx
    The forecast here is cooler, i really hope its dry and cool sat
    Last edited by bubbs; 11-07-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 10:39 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Well what a lovely mother she is. (BB)
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 10:41 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    I bladdy hope so. It is the Yorkshire show this week isnt it, bet its muddy!
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Jul 17, 10:42 PM
    • 9,154 Posts
    • 122,371 Thanks
    altojack
    Well what a lovely mother she is. (BB)
    Originally posted by davemorton
    A supportive mother. That Sue shouldn't have taken anything, she only been in there 9 or 10 days

Out 159
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Jul 17, 10:43 PM
    • 9,154 Posts
    • 122,371 Thanks
    altojack
    I bladdy hope so. It is the Yorkshire show this week isnt it, bet its muddy!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    You should get it tomorrow at some point, I hope xx

Out 159
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 10:46 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    A supportive mother. That Sue shouldn't have taken anything, she only been in there 9 or 10 days
    Naw, disagree, she seems like a right !!!!!y sow. And to be fair, she should have not chose to see her mother, she spent time in the house with her, and if she wasnt how she is, she might have still been there.
    But yes, 10 days isnt long, but not because it was a dog, I would want to see Rebecca over most people, know why she did it though, everyone else had. The ones that took letters should have left them......Just my view
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 11th Jul 17, 10:46 PM
    • 36,079 Posts
    • 151,736 Thanks
    silvercar
    She must have heard them talk about moving to this place as the school there has a very good reputation, that's the only reason they moved there really as they knew there would be no chance unless they had the correct address.

She is a clever girl and apparently is a good ambassador for the school that's what was put on her report anyway. They all went to see another school she has been offered previously when they thought of moving to that village but was too far from their work really.

She was rejected yesterday as no places there. They will appeal but that won't be till September. I ll ask her mum have they registered her on the waiting list properly. I just don't know what else to suggest to help them.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Two years ago they failed an appeal for her to get sent to the school she should have gone to where all the kids from her school went . It was probably because they didn't live near enough as had to travel to that school.

That's why she went to this other school which was supposedly a good school but that meant even more travelling there and back. They were doing six hundred miles a month just taking kids back and to to school .
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Grr!

School transport rules are clear. If you are more than 3 miles from the nearest suitable school then the LA has to provide transport. A suitable school means, at the very least, the nearest one with a place. That's why you want to push back at the LA on providing a place - if the LA says go to school X then they have to provide transport to X if over 3 miles. If you are choosing a school and there are nearer schools with places then there is no obligation to provide transport.

Of course the LAs are run on tight budgets and school transport is down the list, so if they can rely on the parents they will. So often they won't even let you know they have an obligation.

Can chat about what transport they should be providing once you have the place, but in the mean time, suggesting that you know the rules and will expect transport provision if they insist that Y is the only school with a place, may encourage them to find a place at X. School numbers are not immovable at Caitlin's age. Keep pushing.

AFAIK it is fairly standard to hear appeals in September, not least because there is every chance of a child leaving over the Summer.

For balance, I'm not unsympathetic to the school. A family arrives on the door step and asks for school places. In an oversubscribed school they can't just magic places to appear.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Jul 17, 10:47 PM
    • 9,154 Posts
    • 122,371 Thanks
    altojack
    Oh, almost forgot to tell you, I entered the prize draw thing on Shopyprize fir an 18 month note book. I won it, was notified yesterday and it arrived from Amazon. It's actually an A5 size 18 month diary/notebook, Peanuts is on the front . Me, I never win much but I'm over the moon with this xx

Out 159
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 10:48 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    I wish Andrew had took his letter though, so I didnt have to listen to his wailing!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,053Posts Today

6,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin