Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,176Posts
    • 34,879Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 384
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jul 17, 9:43 PM
    • 50,535 Posts
    • 580,988 Thanks
    bubbs
    I just put it new first, and went back 2 hours, thinking it must be recent, but bubbs was giving us old news

Bout time you have a shave again dont you think bubbs?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I give up to date news
    Not yet
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 9:43 PM
    • 33,607 Posts
    • 447,076 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening paw sniffers

Just caught up I'm so busy at the moment

Great news NG......hope you are relaxing with a cold beer or two this evening. Over the moon for you x
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 11th Jul 17, 9:44 PM
    • 15,042 Posts
    • 21,372 Thanks
    antrobus
    Was watching that tv show where they taste test stuff, and was shocked that Pepsi outsell coke 2:1. Really shocked, always thought coke was the bigger seller.
    Where?

Coke is the UK's top selling brand according to The Grocer.

This report here lists the top eight brands. Coca-Cola is number one with £1.16 billion, Lucozade is number eight with £426.7 million. No mention of Pepsi. I think you misheard; Coke outsells Pepsi by at least 2:1.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/business/coca-cola-revealed-britains-best-7602675
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 9:45 PM
    • 33,607 Posts
    • 447,076 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Overheard today

" I think the person who invented frills should have their hands cut off and be made to wear those fancy blouses with the big frilly sleeves for the rest of their lives"

Bit extreme I thought
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 9:46 PM
    • 26,054 Posts
    • 303,873 Thanks
    davemorton
    Where?

Coke is the UK's top selling brand according to The Grocer.

This report here lists the top eight brands. Coca-Cola is number one with £1.16 billion, Lucozade is number eight with £426.7 million. No mention of Pepsi. I think you misheard; Coke outsells Pepsi by at least 2:1.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/business/coca-cola-revealed-britains-best-7602675
    Originally posted by antrobus
    Top selling brand, but original coke does not sell as much as original pepsi. I would not be suprised if Diet Coke outsold them both.

Edit:Not quite..... Low and no sugar versions are making a mark as Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Coke Life now account for almost 45% of Coca Cola’s UK sales.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 9:49 PM
    • 33,607 Posts
    • 447,076 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Di, I got a photo first thing this morning of a bird thingy sitting on my watering can. It's so pretty...green ...and so tiny.......I'm struggling to post the photo.........but think it might be a green tit
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Jul 17, 9:49 PM
    • 28,610 Posts
    • 410,195 Thanks
    tweets
    Yes, hes all better now, thanks.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    That's good
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 9:52 PM
    • 26,054 Posts
    • 303,873 Thanks
    davemorton
    Pepsi/Coke
    Also, worldwide, Coke is about 7 times more valuable than pepsi. Just goes to show how you can word something to give a totally different meaning.
    for making me delve deeper into that, thought it didnt sound right.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    • 26,054 Posts
    • 303,873 Thanks
    davemorton
    Di, I got a photo first thing this morning of a bird thingy sitting on my watering can. It's so pretty...green ...and so tiny.......I'm struggling to post the photo.........but think it might be a green tit
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Well if you do manage to get a pic of it, it wont be the first time you have posted a few pics of your green tit on the internet.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 9:57 PM
    • 33,607 Posts
    • 447,076 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Here it is

No it's not.....it's my whoopsies tonight. With Oz's squirrel in the background :-(
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 11th Jul 17, 9:59 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,107 Thanks
    izzy65
    Em don't think so, maybe a green finch, or a Siskin, they are lovely green with a black cap. We will make you a twitcher yet 😂😂
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 9:59 PM
    • 33,607 Posts
    • 447,076 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Well if you do manage to get a pic of it, it wont be the first time you have posted a few pics of your green tit on the internet.
    What

Photobucket problems
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 10:01 PM
    • 33,607 Posts
    • 447,076 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Em don't think so, maybe a green finch, or a Siskin, they are lovely green with a black cap. We will make you a twitcher yet 😂😂
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Found it izzy....you know all about budgies....what's this little fella called?

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    • 12,065 Posts
    • 132,071 Thanks
    Anon
    Car still not back another major problem found .

Is it just my experience that garages say it will be ready by lunchtime and they will call, they invariably don't and then when you chase them late afternoon they have bad news - which they cannot sort today .

Anon
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 11th Jul 17, 10:06 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,107 Thanks
    izzy65
    Oh TM that's unusual isn't it, ain't got a clue
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 10:07 PM
    • 33,607 Posts
    • 447,076 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Car still not back another major problem found .

Is it just my experience that garages say it will be ready by lunchtime and they will call, they invariably don't and then when you chase them late afternoon they have bad news - which they cannot sort today .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Oh Anon bet you are fed up

We use a small local garage and can't speak highly enough of them. Wish you lived closer, it would have been worth a visit
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 11th Jul 17, 10:09 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,107 Thanks
    izzy65
    TM I had a look and it's a scarce silver lines moth
    https://www.ukmoths.org.uk/species/bena-bicolorana/adult/
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jul 17, 10:10 PM
    • 12,065 Posts
    • 132,071 Thanks
    Anon
    Here it is

No it's not.....it's my whoopsies tonight. With Oz's squirrel in the background :-(
    My store (that I walked past on the way home from work ... on foot ... as my car isn't working ... ) was reducing items to 10p. I asked if they were going on display and was told no they are going into the back. I can only assume for staff, as if binning they wouldn't bother putting labels on. I know staff deserve good deals too, but this is not the first time I have seen staff in this store putting reduced items away and then buying.

Ho hum ... too heavy to carry anyway .

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 10:10 PM
    • 33,607 Posts
    • 447,076 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Oh TM that's unusual isn't it, ain't got a clue
    I agree.....very unusual izzy
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jul 17, 10:14 PM
    • 33,607 Posts
    • 447,076 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    TM I had a look and it's a scarce silver lines moth
    https://www.ukmoths.org.uk/species/bena-bicolorana/adult/
    Oh thank you izzy....he's much further north than Yorkshire then.

What a pretty little thing....he looked like a privet leaf
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,363Posts Today

6,930Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin