Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,200Posts
    • 34,912Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 379
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 11th Jul 17, 10:33 AM
    • 1,449 Posts
    • 15,212 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Ohhh Nellie why didn't you say . I could have come and visited and parked my car by the co op If you want anything let me know. Ps that was a daft thing to do wasn t it ?
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Hi emerald, yes it was daft wasn't it. I feel really annoyed with myself Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, yes please do park by the Co-op we don't want another mishap

Good morning everyone, hope you are all as well as you can be. Hugs to those in need xx
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 11th Jul 17, 10:41 AM
    • 1,449 Posts
    • 15,212 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Ouch Nellie, I feel your pain, lucky that DD1 heard you shouting sweetheart. Take it easy and rest the leg but gentle movement will keep it building strength. Hope you get mobile on the road soon xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Thanks AJ, I am managing to get about with crutches but also getting plenty of rest. I am sure I will be ok in a few weeks. Had to laugh though my hallway looked like a disability shop. My Mum & Brother came and brought a wheelchair, crutches, walking frame and a portable commode They had been my Dad's when he was ill. They have taken them back now thank goodness
    Thank you to everyone for your well wishes
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Jul 17, 10:46 AM
    • 9,079 Posts
    • 121,700 Thanks
    altojack
    Good morning Elite

Massive hugs to the Elite poorly and those low in spirit. You are all in my thoughts today xx

Slept in this morning, 8.55am, good job I don't have a job to go to else I'd be late . I remember switching off my alarm at 7am to take my meds but didn't actually take them oh well better late than never

Last night I kept thinking about our Elite who are under attack from cancer. All we can offer is love, hugs and support as there is nothing else. They have every right to feel depressed, angry and confused. Where to next some are thinking, if only we had answers.

Positivity isn't always easy to find when you know there isn't anything else for you and time isn't on your side. It's natural to be be angry, to be scared and not know which way to turn.

If anyone wants to let it all out away from RL family and friends come here to your Elite family, we're here to listen, to hug and support you all through these horrendous journeys
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 145
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Jul 17, 10:52 AM
    • 9,079 Posts
    • 121,700 Thanks
    altojack
    Nellie I'm taking my hat off to you on crutches I found it bad enough walking with two walking sticks when I had my right knee replaced my size 7s had me tripping over things that weren't there. Make sure you have a mobile on you, in pocket or in a crossover body bag, just big enough for phone, handy if you fall and need to call for help xx

Right, I'm off to finish my catch-up from last night then going to read for an hour or so, see you all later xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 145
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Jul 17, 11:17 AM
    • 14,404 Posts
    • 242,902 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    How are you today, any more discomfort or pain xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Thanks, Nope seems to have gone

I'm doing my Macmillan night tomorrow, lots of amazing prizes - thanks to this thread & my fabulous ELITE friend Glyndwr . Who has donated a DAB radio & tons of great stuff

That Sister is going down to help Mum for her Cataract op on Thursday
    Need to pick dandelions tonight for her to take for the tortoises.

in case anyone is wondering... She hasn't had treatment, she got signed off from hospital, so we will never know if the cancer spreads
    Her 'cure' is well water & healthy eating

Now you can see why I've put her in a secret compartment in my head
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 11:36 AM
    • 26,087 Posts
    • 304,150 Thanks
    davemorton
    I have an app that shows where every ship is in the world. sf lite
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Was just going to post the same. Also website.
    https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:371668/zoom:14

Edit: If you click on the dots, it gives you info/photo about the ship.
    Last edited by davemorton; 11-07-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 11th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    • 2,820 Posts
    • 28,288 Thanks
    pippo
    Maybe you can...saw This and thought of you

https://bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I'll have to give that one a bit more thought!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 11th Jul 17, 12:02 PM
    • 6,933 Posts
    • 89,027 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Dont worry, just hold it at arms length, and it turns into a fun size chocolate bar!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    There's nowt wrong with a fun size
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 12:09 PM
    • 26,087 Posts
    • 304,150 Thanks
    davemorton
    There's nowt wrong with a fun size
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    More than a handfuls a waste
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 11th Jul 17, 12:14 PM
    • 6,933 Posts
    • 89,027 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    More than a handfuls a waste
    So I've been told

Hello all

Massive hugs to all those that are poorly. I didn't realise how many of you are at the moment and you're very much in my thoughts x
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 11th Jul 17, 12:18 PM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 141,168 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Today's weather fits my mood perfectly its lashing down. I don't usually use that phrase as it sounds a bit brash but today I'm feeling brash I cannot show any other emotion only anger for our mate JTS I'm truly gutted for you but I can only echo what I've said before you have to scream back in its face YOU WONT BEAT ME because I truly believe that's the attitude you need.
    I cannot begin to imagine how you feel right now but we're here if you ever need to sound off. There are somethings that you just can't talk about with your loved ones.
    And I repeat F##K YOU CANCER
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Words failed me so using Di's instead. Such devastating news. You are in my prayers JTS
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 13/16
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 11th Jul 17, 12:20 PM
    • 6,933 Posts
    • 89,027 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    I better dash to work, it's been bloody non stop recently. Take care and DM - behave yourself!
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 11th Jul 17, 12:22 PM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 141,168 Thanks
    3Dogs
    In other news. We had a great day at Olympia for the Allergy/Free From/Vegan Show. Loads to sample and loads of freebies. Then we went to St Katherine Docks for meal at Zizzi. We were all still full from sampling but managed a main course each. Mine was free as Birthday treat from them and as there were 4 of us, it included a free bottle of Prosecco too. And it was so nice we ate outside

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 13/16
    • northerngeezer
    • By northerngeezer 11th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 9,543 Thanks
    northerngeezer
    Hi Guys,

Just had the news that my second year Cancer CT scan has come back negative.

A great relief for me so just wish to thank everyone in here for their blessings.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 11th Jul 17, 12:34 PM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 141,168 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Positive news NG. That's great

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jul 17, 12:41 PM
    • 5,056 Posts
    • 52,426 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Was just going to post the same. Also website.
    https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:371668/zoom:14

Edit: If you click on the dots, it gives you info/photo about the ship.

I had no idea the seas were so busy.

The English Channel looks like the M6...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Jul 17, 12:48 PM
    • 6,404 Posts
    • 84,691 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Hi Guys,

Just had the news that my second year Cancer CT scan has come back negative.

A great relief for me so just wish to thank everyone in here for their blessings.
    Originally posted by northerngeezer
    Great news, northerngeezer
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 12:54 PM
    • 26,087 Posts
    • 304,150 Thanks
    davemorton
    I had no idea the seas were so busy.

The English Channel looks like the M6...
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I like to follow the ship I am on into the channel on it. Means I can see where abouts i am and see what function other ships we pass serve, and where they are going/coming from.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 17, 12:59 PM
    • 26,087 Posts
    • 304,150 Thanks
    davemorton
    Can also check out the posh yachts in Monaco
    https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:3936916/zoom:16
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jul 17, 1:11 PM
    • 16,477 Posts
    • 192,885 Thanks
    mhoc
    I like to follow the ship I am on into the channel on it. Means I can see where abouts i am and see what function other ships we pass serve, and where they are going/coming from.
    I start tracking whatever ship we are on about a week before we are due to board, on the ship spotter and on FB threads - make sure all the electrics and mechanics are working and its not suffered technical difficulties and no S&D outbreaks so no need for a deep clean when it gets to Southampton
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,196Posts Today

8,232Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iamemmahill: After watching @MartinSLewis I rang my provider & asked them to recalculate my bill &it has gone from £81 to £51 a month.S?

• Seriously? How is this supporting Uber... IT'S A POLL! I do em ever day on topical subjects. And I've never promote? https://t.co/JrlxaoNLlY

• RT @Mum2DDSophie: @MartinSLewis Thanks for your advice! I have easily switched from Extra Energy standard tariff to another supplier and wi?

• Follow Martin