Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,853Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 378
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jul 17, 8:50 AM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 132,042 Thanks
    Anon
    It is raining heavily here ... but the gardens need it .

My car is not back from the garage yet ... but given some of the challenges that some of our members are facing, it is no biggy.

Have a good day.

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 11-07-2017 at 9:50 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jul 17, 8:53 AM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 132,042 Thanks
    Anon
    While I remember, Prime Day today for those with Amazon Prime. Those daft Dash Bittons are on offer at £1.99 - each one gives you a £4.99 discount on the item they are linked to when you order. I haven't checked which are best yet this time but it effectively means a £5 item for £2 (last time it was 99p not £1.99, but still a discount).

Hopefully this may be of use to someone - please report back if you find any worth getting.

Hth

Anon
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jul 17, 8:54 AM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,421 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good evening, JTS sorry about your results, sal I would think it's the steroid that making you wired, is it prednisolone 5mg tabs, so 20mg a day?, if you can maybe ask if taking them in the morning will help, some of the anti sickness meds can make you sleepy, which can be useful when trying to get some sleep, maybe just the daily routine being altered will help, good luck.
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Hi my hubby takes them all the time but only one 5mg a day. Was prescribed two a day at first but that in my description ( sent him barmy ) lol your description is better.

He was that wired he wore me out , dashing here and there , even more talking than usual etc etc lol.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jul 17, 8:56 AM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,421 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Morning all

Riley didn't have too bad a night luckily Think he wants to go to school tomorrow .
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jul 17, 9:00 AM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,421 Thanks
    emerald21
    Hi em, glad everything went ok for Riley
    Why can't I drive? Well I can barely even walk Had a silly mishap on Wednesday. Went to put a load of washing out and fell over the line prop. Landed face down on the grass. Managed to crawl to the line post and pulled myself up. Couldn't walk though. Managed to wake DD1 up by shouting her and she helped me in. A marathon wait in A & E followed. Luckily no serious damage just damage to the muscles and tendons in left leg. Getting about on crutches now and pain is getting better each day. I have some lovely black bruising and lots of swelling I am sure I will be mobile again soon. No biggy compared to what some peole are going through:
    Originally posted by Nellie35

Ohhh Nellie why didn't you say . I could have come and visited and parked my car by the co op If you want anything let me know. Ps that was a daft thing to do wasn t it ?
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 11th Jul 17, 9:07 AM
    • 2,347 Posts
    • 25,984 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Yep. These were also available with cute little animal designs and sometimes even came in 7s - embroidered with days of the week.

Then you got to use your notelets to write the thank you letter for the hankies.

Possibly with your new pen.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Chuckle chuckle..how true that was
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jul 17, 9:07 AM
    • 16,417 Posts
    • 192,410 Thanks
    mhoc
    Well, there really was no worm. Cunard's QE is still at sea. Some locals had said arrival due 6am. Wrong, but never mind.

Their website is a bit baffling. It says the time on the QE is 10.11, presumably they are still in Dublin time-zone. They say their current location is Liverpool. It isn't unless they have an invisibility cloak. And their map shows Liverpool's location to be in Finland.

So I give up for now.
    I've had a look at the webcam and it gives no clues, its a forward facing webcam, if its supposed to berth at 10.11 it must be in the mouth of the Mersey by now but it looks like the Irish sea in all of its loveliness ...

http://www.cruisin.me/cruise-ship-webcams/cunard-cruise-line/queen-elizabeth.php

Have you got the terrible rain we have had all night?

OO its refreshed and that def is land
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jul 17, 9:24 AM
    • 5,042 Posts
    • 52,301 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Oh no i hope you're not out in the rain we have here
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

No, I am at home.

Had a very productive few hours since 6am - dried a load of towels, washed my towelling dressing gown which is now in the drier, painted a wall in the living room, had breakfast etc etc, and currently washing bedding.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Jul 17, 9:27 AM
    • 3,306 Posts
    • 30,873 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    No, I am at home.

Had a very productive few hours since 6am - dried a load of towels, washed my towelling dressing gown which is now in the drier, painted a wall in the living room, had breakfast etc etc, and currently washing bedding.
    You see, the early bird might not catch the worm, but it has a clean house
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jul 17, 9:32 AM
    • 5,042 Posts
    • 52,301 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I've had a look at the webcam and it gives no clues, its a forward facing webcam, if its supposed to berth at 10.11 it must be in the mouth of the Mersey by now but it looks like the Irish sea in all of its loveliness ...

http://www.cruisin.me/cruise-ship-webcams/cunard-cruise-line/queen-elizabeth.php

Have you got the terrible rain we have had all night?

OO its refreshed and that def is land
    Originally posted by mhoc

Yes, land ahoy!

It's drying up a bit now, just very overcast and a bit drizzly but it was raining heavily earlier.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• HRT dependant
    • By HRT dependant 11th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 2,705 Thanks
    HRT dependant
    good morning all

just noticed some reduced kipling bags on hukd via amazon
    sorry I don't know how to do links

HRT xx
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jul 17, 9:42 AM
    • 5,042 Posts
    • 52,301 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I can the QE now, she's in the middle of the Mersey quite close to where she will dock.

Webcam still has her where she was before. It should be showing the Liver Building from the angle she is now at.
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 11-07-2017 at 9:45 AM.

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jul 17, 9:58 AM
    • 16,417 Posts
    • 192,410 Thanks
    mhoc
    I can the QE now, she's in the middle of the Mersey quite close to where she will dock.

Webcam still has her where she was before. It should be showing the Liver Building from the angle she is now at.
    We went from Liverpool on a Fred Olsen in May 2015 and there was an issue loading supplies onto the ship so we were delayed going out but it meant we had dinner directly under the liver birds
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Jul 17, 10:01 AM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,627 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

Busy day here

bath run

bestest All
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• underperky
    • By underperky 11th Jul 17, 10:04 AM
    • 5,052 Posts
    • 62,811 Thanks
    underperky
    Can I ask how long this took you ? OMG I cant imagine what weight I would be when I got back I also have a **few** extra lbs when I get home from a weeks cruise

It sounds wonderful WOW
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    It took 16 weeks and 6 days mrsmac
    • underperky
    • By underperky 11th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    • 5,052 Posts
    • 62,811 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning folks hope every one is good ...hugs for hose that want one
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Jul 17, 10:07 AM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,627 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    ms-money-penny was yesterday's smartest player!

23 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jul 17, 10:13 AM
    • 5,042 Posts
    • 52,301 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    We went from Liverpool on a Fred Olsen in May 2015 and there was an issue loading supplies onto the ship so we were delayed going out but it meant we had dinner directly under the liver birds
    Originally posted by mhoc

She's docked now.

Just watched her do a very elegant 360 degree turn and reverse park! So she's facing down river in the right direction for leaving later on.

Webcam now shows the gantries for the new container dock - in the distance on the right.

Duvet cover now in drier. Feeling quite virtuous - and hungry - but then if breakfast was at 6-ish it must be nearly lunchtime!
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 11-07-2017 at 10:16 AM.

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Jul 17, 10:18 AM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Well, there really was no worm. Cunard's QE is still at sea. Some locals had said arrival due 6am. Wrong, but never mind.

Their website is a bit baffling. It says the time on the QE is 10.11, presumably they are still in Dublin time-zone. They say their current location is Liverpool. It isn't unless they have an invisibility cloak. And their map shows Liverpool's location to be in Finland.

So I give up for now.
    I have an app that shows where every ship is in the world. sf lite
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Jul 17, 10:31 AM
    • 9,065 Posts
    • 121,571 Thanks
    altojack
    Hi em, glad everything went ok for Riley
    Why can't I drive? Well I can barely even walk Had a silly mishap on Wednesday. Went to put a load of washing out and fell over the line prop. Landed face down on the grass. Managed to crawl to the line post and pulled myself up. Couldn't walk though. Managed to wake DD1 up by shouting her and she helped me in. A marathon wait in A & E followed. Luckily no serious damage just damage to the muscles and tendons in left leg. Getting about on crutches now and pain is getting better each day. I have some lovely black bruising and lots of swelling I am sure I will be mobile again soon. No biggy compared to what some peole are going through:
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Ouch Nellie, I feel your pain, lucky that DD1 heard you shouting sweetheart. Take it easy and rest the leg but gentle movement will keep it building strength. Hope you get mobile on the road soon xx

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Naughty girl

How are you today, any more discomfort or pain xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 137
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,264Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin