Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,943Posts
    • 34,466Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 378
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Jul 17, 7:44 AM
    • 18,262 Posts
    • 193,878 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, we have a covering of clouds here and it is actually forecast to rain later. Mind you, they have forecast it previously and it hasn't come to fruition

JTS, we are all thinking of you, I know how devastated you must be as I recall my FiL's reaction when told how bad it all was, but at least he was a good age.

I think we all hate this disease, I don't think there is one of us who has not been touched by it in some way.
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 11-07-2017 at 8:01 AM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Jul 17, 7:55 AM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    curl girl
    Morning peeps.

A while back I heard a talk on the radio about a lady who had a craving for iceberg lettuce, she sat on the tube regularly eating them on her way home.
    Turned out that she had breast cancer and there is something in the lettuce that the body was craving that helps to destroy the cancer?!

Not sure on the finer details but thought it was interesting......

Morning peeps.
    Dull day today.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jul 17, 8:12 AM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 48,987 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Well, there really was no worm. Cunard's QE is still at sea. Some locals had said arrival due 6am. Wrong, but never mind.

Their website is a bit baffling. It says the time on the QE is 10.11, presumably they are still in Dublin time-zone. They say their current location is Liverpool. It isn't unless they have an invisibility cloak. And their map shows Liverpool's location to be in Finland.

So I give up for now.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 43.91

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Jul 17, 8:22 AM
    • 3,242 Posts
    • 30,281 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Well, there really was no worm. Cunard's QE is still at sea. Some locals had said arrival due 6am. Wrong, but never mind.

Their website is a bit baffling. It says the time on the QE is 10.11, presumably they are still in Dublin time-zone. They say their current location is Liverpool. It isn't unless they have an invisibility cloak. And their map shows Liverpool's location to be in Finland.

So I give up for now.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Oh no i hope you're not out in the rain we have here
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 11th Jul 17, 8:25 AM
    • 4,111 Posts
    • 44,177 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Tuesday.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Jul 17, 8:26 AM
    • 3,242 Posts
    • 30,281 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Just wish we could support in a more positive, physical way!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Maybe you can...saw This and thought of you

https://bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jul 17, 8:50 AM
    • 11,760 Posts
    • 129,419 Thanks
    Anon
    It is raining heavily here ... but the gardens need it .

My car is not back from the garage yet ... but given some of the challenges that some of our members are facing, it is no biggy.

Have a good day.

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 11-07-2017 at 9:50 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jul 17, 8:53 AM
    • 11,760 Posts
    • 129,419 Thanks
    Anon
    While I remember, Prime Day today for those with Amazon Prime. Those daft Dash Bittons are on offer at £1.99 - each one gives you a £4.99 discount on the item they are linked to when you order. I haven't checked which are best yet this time but it effectively means a £5 item for £2 (last time it was 99p not £1.99, but still a discount).

Hopefully this may be of use to someone - please report back if you find any worth getting.

Hth

Anon
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jul 17, 8:54 AM
    • 9,472 Posts
    • 107,064 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good evening, JTS sorry about your results, sal I would think it's the steroid that making you wired, is it prednisolone 5mg tabs, so 20mg a day?, if you can maybe ask if taking them in the morning will help, some of the anti sickness meds can make you sleepy, which can be useful when trying to get some sleep, maybe just the daily routine being altered will help, good luck.
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Hi my hubby takes them all the time but only one 5mg a day. Was prescribed two a day at first but that in my description ( sent him barmy ) lol your description is better.

He was that wired he wore me out , dashing here and there , even more talking than usual etc etc lol.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jul 17, 8:56 AM
    • 9,472 Posts
    • 107,064 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Morning all

Riley didn't have too bad a night luckily Think he wants to go to school tomorrow .
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jul 17, 9:00 AM
    • 9,472 Posts
    • 107,064 Thanks
    emerald21
    Hi em, glad everything went ok for Riley
    Why can't I drive? Well I can barely even walk Had a silly mishap on Wednesday. Went to put a load of washing out and fell over the line prop. Landed face down on the grass. Managed to crawl to the line post and pulled myself up. Couldn't walk though. Managed to wake DD1 up by shouting her and she helped me in. A marathon wait in A & E followed. Luckily no serious damage just damage to the muscles and tendons in left leg. Getting about on crutches now and pain is getting better each day. I have some lovely black bruising and lots of swelling I am sure I will be mobile again soon. No biggy compared to what some peole are going through:
    Originally posted by Nellie35

Ohhh Nellie why didn't you say . I could have come and visited and parked my car by the co op If you want anything let me know. Ps that was a daft thing to do wasn t it ?
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 11th Jul 17, 9:07 AM
    • 2,275 Posts
    • 25,293 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Yep. These were also available with cute little animal designs and sometimes even came in 7s - embroidered with days of the week.

Then you got to use your notelets to write the thank you letter for the hankies.

Possibly with your new pen.
    Chuckle chuckle..how true that was
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jul 17, 9:07 AM
    • 15,978 Posts
    • 188,890 Thanks
    mhoc

So I give up for now.
    I've had a look at the webcam and it gives no clues, its a forward facing webcam, if its supposed to berth at 10.11 it must be in the mouth of the Mersey by now but it looks like the Irish sea in all of its loveliness ...

http://www.cruisin.me/cruise-ship-webcams/cunard-cruise-line/queen-elizabeth.php

Have you got the terrible rain we have had all night?

OO its refreshed and that def is land
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jul 17, 9:24 AM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 48,987 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Oh no i hope you're not out in the rain we have here
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

No, I am at home.

Had a very productive few hours since 6am - dried a load of towels, washed my towelling dressing gown which is now in the drier, painted a wall in the living room, had breakfast etc etc, and currently washing bedding.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Jul 17, 9:27 AM
    • 3,242 Posts
    • 30,281 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    No, I am at home.

Had a very productive few hours since 6am - dried a load of towels, washed my towelling dressing gown which is now in the drier, painted a wall in the living room, had breakfast etc etc, and currently washing bedding.
    You see, the early bird might not catch the worm, but it has a clean house
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jul 17, 9:32 AM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 48,987 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I've had a look at the webcam and it gives no clues, its a forward facing webcam, if its supposed to berth at 10.11 it must be in the mouth of the Mersey by now but it looks like the Irish sea in all of its loveliness ...

http://www.cruisin.me/cruise-ship-webcams/cunard-cruise-line/queen-elizabeth.php

Have you got the terrible rain we have had all night?

OO its refreshed and that def is land
    Originally posted by mhoc

Yes, land ahoy!

It's drying up a bit now, just very overcast and a bit drizzly but it was raining heavily earlier.

• HRT dependant
    • By HRT dependant 11th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 2,655 Thanks
    HRT dependant
    good morning all

just noticed some reduced kipling bags on hukd via amazon
    sorry I don't know how to do links

HRT xx
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jul 17, 9:42 AM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 48,987 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I can the QE now, she's in the middle of the Mersey quite close to where she will dock.

Webcam still has her where she was before. It should be showing the Liver Building from the angle she is now at.
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 11-07-2017 at 9:45 AM.

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jul 17, 9:58 AM
    • 15,978 Posts
    • 188,890 Thanks
    mhoc
    I can the QE now, she's in the middle of the Mersey quite close to where she will dock.

Webcam still has her where she was before. It should be showing the Liver Building from the angle she is now at.
    We went from Liverpool on a Fred Olsen in May 2015 and there was an issue loading supplies onto the ship so we were delayed going out but it meant we had dinner directly under the liver birds
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Jul 17, 10:01 AM
    • 14,148 Posts
    • 240,276 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

Busy day here

bath run

bestest All
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,681Posts Today

8,963Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin