Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,948Posts
    • 34,468Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 376
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 17, 9:32 PM
    • 32,615 Posts
    • 439,363 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    JTS, what terrible news, after you being so pro-active and getting you own private scans.
    Is there any chance that getting these scans earlier than through the NHS; will mean any treatment possible; will be more effective in slowing down the progress of this vile disease?
    Originally posted by Saversue
    Hello Sue,

How's Mam?

How's you?😊

I'm making progress with my taps. I rang the company today and they asked if we had been having them serviced as per the warranty agreement

Taps serviced

As if

Anyway long story short, they have agreed to send a part out so fingers crossed
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Jul 17, 9:32 PM
    • 48,654 Posts
    • 566,760 Thanks
    bubbs
    I'm ok bubbs, thanks so much for asking xx
    It's odd but now I don't work I seem to have less time to be on here, and I miss it!

I'm continuing to 'chuck out' but it is a slow process.
    A friend of ours died suddenly almost 2 years ago and his wife/widow has now become a friend of mine and I am a bit caught up in supporting her in a new relationship........

To be honest it is very lovely, he is the new'ish landlord at our local and he is really being romantic, not in a ucky mushy way
    it does mean that I , as an old lady, have to go out to 'Ska'?? nights to keep her company.

On top of that I am seriously trying not to shop and use up stuff like Bubb's' beef!!!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Glad you are ok
    Oh good luck to your friend , hope it works and she is very happy
    What are ska nights?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    You set me off laughing.

Kids at school are cheeky they come for their dinner and one day one will suddenly decide they allergic to say cheese

So we say unless you get a note from home (cant say mum or dad) because some kids you don't want to know background

Couple days later note arrives on scrap paper and writings that bad we know said kid's wrote it . So we read it then say right we will let teacher know and show them note and guess what They want note back and can eat cheese
    Originally posted by tweets
    Little boogers tweets, it's something kids have done down the years and will continue to do it
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 103
    In 44 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th Jul 17, 9:41 PM
    • 1,746 Posts
    • 16,964 Thanks
    curl girl
    For the boozers, T had the G H Mumm champagne reduced to £11.06 today instead of over £33?
    I just purchased 1 as a Christmas present, not sure if national.

£35 in T according to msm.
    Last edited by curl girl; 10-07-2017 at 9:44 PM.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • its a secret 66
    • By its a secret 66 10th Jul 17, 9:41 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 24,798 Thanks
    its a secret 66
    JTS so very sorry to hear your news. Big hugs to you
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Jul 17, 9:50 PM
    • 28,227 Posts
    • 407,121 Thanks
    tweets
    Little boogers tweets, it's something kids have done down the years and will continue to do it
    Originally posted by altojack
    You have to laugh at them they been eating cheese all time they just try it on . Office would let us know if they allergic to anything or cant have with a pic of kid we have a rogues gallery on wall
    Lost 3st-0.5lb
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Jul 17, 9:50 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    [QUOTE=bubbs;72819603]Glad you are ok
    Oh good luck to your friend , hope it works and she is very happy
    What are ska nights?[/QUOTE Blinking heck Bubbs, you are so much younger thna me and you didn't know either!!]It seems it's a type of music , like Madness and stuff,

The band was good and played a song called long shot kick the bucket, which is a geordie phrase I KNOW AND 'Solem Grundy... born on a Monday..!! I even got up to dance!!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 10th Jul 17, 10:26 PM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 21,586 Thanks
    Saversue
    Hello Sue,

How's Mam?

How's you?😊

I'm making progress with my taps. I rang the company today and they asked if we had been having them serviced as per the warranty agreement

Taps serviced

As if

Anyway long story short, they have agreed to send a part out so fingers crossed
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Hi TM

Mum's poorly, but I feel lucky to still have her, when I think about the terrible illness that others; much younger; are having to face.

I just try to get by the best I can, mental health issues and physical pain aren't a good combination and sometimes I just feel completely overwhelmed, but know I have to pull myself together.

Never heard anything so daft as servicing taps hope they send you the part you need and it's not too difficult to fit.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 17, 10:39 PM
    • 32,615 Posts
    • 439,363 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    For the boozers, T had the G H Mumm champagne reduced to £11.06 today instead of over £33?
    I just purchased 1 as a Christmas present, not sure if national.

£35 in T according to msm.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    What a bargain
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 17, 10:41 PM
    • 32,615 Posts
    • 439,363 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hi TM

Mum's poorly, but I feel lucky to still have her, when I think about the terrible illness that others; much younger; are having to face.

I just try to get by the best I can, mental health issues and physical pain aren't a good combination and sometimes I just feel completely overwhelmed, but know I have to pull myself together.

Never heard anything so daft as servicing taps hope they send you the part you need and it's not too difficult to fit.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    You are right Sue, there's a lot to be said for counting our blessings
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 10th Jul 17, 10:46 PM
    • 2,281 Posts
    • 25,341 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    I tell you AJ.A friend did my shopping for me today using apgs and she spent 37p and came back with 3 wombles for me totalling _£10.79.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Ha ha you trained her well
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 10th Jul 17, 10:51 PM
    • 2,460 Posts
    • 40,943 Thanks
    izzy65
    The chemo tablet's are awful to swallow and the anti sickness drugs are giving me indigestion and heartburn and insomnia.I was in a dreamlike state all night and not sleeping.Thats why I am so tired
    Yes.It is the 4 steroid anti sickness that it is doing it.I have not got to take any more of these for 3 weeks.Thank goodness'
    Good evening, JTS sorry about your results, sal I would think it's the steroid that making you wired, is it prednisolone 5mg tabs, so 20mg a day?, if you can maybe ask if taking them in the morning will help, some of the anti sickness meds can make you sleepy, which can be useful when trying to get some sleep, maybe just the daily routine being altered will help, good luck.
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jul 17, 10:52 PM
    • 25,454 Posts
    • 299,534 Thanks
    davemorton
    Never mind 'what is Ska', what I want to know is what are noteletts?? I gather some sort of writing paper, but what makes it special?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 10th Jul 17, 11:01 PM
    • 1,411 Posts
    • 14,866 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Oh wow well yes you never know . Have to say everyone was very nice , you couldn't fault them. I managed to get this elusive led fidget spinner so took it for him and stayed a while. Have to go back again at 4 as hubby's got an appointment.

Why can t you drive your car have you lost that much weight you can't reach the pedals
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Hi em, glad everything went ok for Riley
    Why can't I drive? Well I can barely even walk Had a silly mishap on Wednesday. Went to put a load of washing out and fell over the line prop. Landed face down on the grass. Managed to crawl to the line post and pulled myself up. Couldn't walk though. Managed to wake DD1 up by shouting her and she helped me in. A marathon wait in A & E followed. Luckily no serious damage just damage to the muscles and tendons in left leg. Getting about on crutches now and pain is getting better each day. I have some lovely black bruising and lots of swelling I am sure I will be mobile again soon. No biggy compared to what some peole are going through:
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 10th Jul 17, 11:02 PM
    • 1,411 Posts
    • 14,866 Thanks
    Nellie35
    JTS so sorry to hear your very sad news. Thinking of you xx
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 17, 11:02 PM
    • 32,615 Posts
    • 439,363 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Never mind 'what is Ska', what I want to know is what are noteletts?? I gather some sort of writing paper, but what makes it special?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I'm sorry

We've all agreed that we can't tell you
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jul 17, 11:06 PM
    • 25,454 Posts
    • 299,534 Thanks
    davemorton
    I'm sorry

So that means you dont know either, but were just going along all sheep like, like missus!!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jul 17, 11:07 PM
    • 25,454 Posts
    • 299,534 Thanks
    davemorton
    I'm sorry

And I am certainly not going to google it, would ruin my street cred to have that on my search history!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 17, 11:07 PM
    • 32,615 Posts
    • 439,363 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hi em, glad everything went ok for Riley
    Why can't I drive? Well I can barely even walk Had a silly mishap on Wednesday. Went to put a load of washing out and fell over the line prop. Landed face down on the grass. Managed to crawl to the line post and pulled myself up. Couldn't walk though. Managed to wake DD1 up by shouting her and she helped me in. A marathon wait in A & E followed. Luckily no serious damage just damage to the muscles and tendons in left leg. Getting about on crutches now and pain is getting better each day. I have some lovely black bruising and lots of swelling I am sure I will be mobile again soon. No biggy compared to what some peole are going through:
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Oh dear Nellie. You are in the wars

I know from experience how painful torn ligaments and muscle damage can be.

Ouch
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 10th Jul 17, 11:13 PM
    • 2,460 Posts
    • 40,943 Thanks
    izzy65
    I remember getting lovely notlettes with puppie and kittens on when I was a kid, must of got a different set each year , and was expected to write a thank you to all the aunts at christmas😔, one aunt still gave me them until a few years back and I still have some, must admit I did use them for my kids notes to school, neither of them thought anything of it .
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,177Posts Today

4,790Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin