Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,948Posts
    • 34,468Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 374
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 17, 7:26 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,402 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    JTS says he's humbled at the support he's received from everyone on the thread and hope people understand that he doesn't feel up to posting just yet.

Another brave soldier
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    Good afternoon lovely peoples

I'm afraid I've had bad news.
    It appears the chemotherapy hasn't worked, and my cancer has spread into my spine already.
    I'm devastated
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    So sorry to hear that the chemo hasn't worked, you've got every right to be devastated, but, dont give up hope, there maybe something else that the consultant can give you to slow the cancer down . Big hugs from me xx

Apologies, I'm getting better now I've been examined by a medical person, the pain was appalling
    Results are either Cellulitis, or an insect bite or a DVT...
    but definitely not Gout
    Take Ibuprofen - if pain gets worse to go back tomorrow..

Sorry Emerald's Riley ♥ Hope you go home soon
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Snap you poor thing to be in so much pain. If things are worse tomorrow please make sure you do go back tomorrow. When will you know what it is? Just sit back and take it easy please. Love to you and the family xx

Be very carefully Snap.My niece was bitten by mosquitoes last week.She went to the doctors on Friday with swollen leg and fever.He sent her to A& E where she was diagnosed with sepsis,cellulites and fever.Spent the time in hospital on a drip,catheter and heart machine and had a visit from intensive care saying they had a bed ready for her.
    She is at home now and on very strong antibiotics.
    Afternoon all.amvery tired today.The chemotherapy has kicked in.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Oh sal, you're another that needs to take it easy, no wombling for you for now. I hope your niece gets well soon, scary things mosquitoes, I seem to be a magnet to insect bites when abroad but luckily I've not had to be hospitalised. Big hugs to you both xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 103
    In 44 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 17, 7:30 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,402 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    My sale preview email didn't come in until this morning but then I've only got 5000 sparks points - you must live in marks

I've got 20% off dresses, leggings and coats plus a £10 voucher for household so have to see what is the least worst time I can find.
    Plus some e vouchers to use up from converting TCB
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I don't know how I have so many Sparks points mhoc. Honestly I haven't got a clue.

I spent hours last night putting an order together and when I got to checkout most of it disappeared. That happened another twice. In the end I spent £78 for about 5 items.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 17, 7:33 PM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    JST...... So sorry to here that the chemotherapy hasn't worked. Please don't lose hope as there may be other options.

I've been waiting for weeks for the results of my second year CT cancer scan and the wait is really depressing me so I know how you feel to a degree.

Hope everything works out for you and may God bless you.
    Originally posted by northerngeezer
    How many weeks has it been now NG? While you're waiting, get yourself up close to the keyboard, and the screen because

we miss you. Big hugs NG, come along and join in the chat a little more, you'll get a good few laughs at this lot

Out 103
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 10th Jul 17, 7:37 PM
    • 4,973 Posts
    • 74,694 Thanks
    savvy sal
    So sorry to hear that the chemo hasn't worked, you've got every right to be devastated, but, dont give up hope, there maybe something else that the consultant can give you to slow the cancer down . Big hugs from me xx

Snap you poor thing to be in so much pain. If things are worse tomorrow please make sure you do go back tomorrow. When will you know what it is? Just sit back and take it easy please. Love to you and the family xx

Oh sal, you're another that needs to take it easy, no wombling for you for now. I hope your niece gets well soon, scary things mosquitoes, I seem to be a magnet to insect bites when abroad but luckily I've not had to be hospitalised. Big hugs to you both xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    I tell you AJ.A friend did my shopping for me today using apgs and she spent 37p and came back with 3 wombles for me totalling _£10.79.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 17, 7:45 PM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    £26.40 now but I'm not looking to buy I'm on a saving spree

Out 103
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 17, 7:45 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,402 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I tell you AJ.A friend did my shopping for me today using apgs and she spent 37p and came back with 3 wombles for me totalling _£10.79.
    That's so funny sal......you've passed on your magic wombling powers
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 17, 7:51 PM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    So get her out to Mr A car park and offer her half the takings

Very nice return though xx

Out 103
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 17, 7:52 PM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    I'm off to write to my elderly aunt . Nothing better than a hand written letter xx

Out 103
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Jul 17, 7:59 PM
    • 3,245 Posts
    • 30,303 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Sal good to see you posting I hope the side effects aren't too awful for you. How were you on the second lot of anti sickness drugs?
    Last edited by diluvsdiscounts; 10-07-2017 at 8:14 PM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Jul 17, 8:01 PM
    • 18,279 Posts
    • 193,980 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I'm off to write to my elderly aunt . Nothing better than a hand written letter xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    I love a handwritten letter. I got some of that really "expensive" writing paper from Ts a while ago for cheap, love getting it out
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Jul 17, 8:12 PM
    • 4,662 Posts
    • 49,109 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    DD has been scouring the shops looking for reasonably-priced pretty writing paper for DGD to write to all her friends at her old school. Can't find anything except blank cards, she doesn't want to send cards. We were laughing earlier remembering Christmases in the past. As a teenager, I used to hate being given 'notelets' - they were right up there with bathcubes as a non-event. And in her teens, DD hated being given 'stationery sets.'

But today we want them back again!
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 86.30

• savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 10th Jul 17, 8:14 PM
    • 4,973 Posts
    • 74,694 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Sal good to see you posting I hope the side effects aren't too awful for you. His were you on the second lot of anti sickness drugs?
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    The chemo tablet's are awful to swallow and the anti sickness drugs are giving me indigestion and heartburn and insomnia.I was in a dreamlike state all night and not sleeping.Thats why I am so tired
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Jul 17, 8:15 PM
    • 4,662 Posts
    • 49,109 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I had Prime for all of 72 hours in April. I was signed up for it during an order without me actually realising till afterwards (it must have been an order made at a Prime price, I guess, but I hadn't taken much that much notice) so I cancelled Prime instantly and got a cancellation notice from them within 3 days.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious

Just had email from Prime - 'Prime Day' is now on till 11.59 pm tomorrow.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 86.30

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Jul 17, 8:15 PM
    • 48,654 Posts
    • 566,762 Thanks
    bubbs
    How long have muller youghurts in a 6 pack been square? last lot i got were round
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Jul 17, 8:19 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    Not too bad thanks bubbs. Had relatives arrive here last Wednesday, which I was dreading but they were ok and helped me a lot. The following day Thursday was mums funeral and wake. All went as well as can be expected. Friday relatives cooked, Saturday relatives cooked. Sunday morning they flew back to Abz. Loads of left overs so invited all my siblings round with their partners and we had a mini feast then went over the cemetery which is nearby to me to check on our parents grave. Made a nice sort of closure to everything, as most of them were back to work today.
    Still got DD here. She goes back to Ozzie land this Saturday Been great having her here though.

Hope you doing ok

ps relatives went to A's and got about £60 worth of stuff. Im like can I have the receipt and explained to them about APG. OH is like oh yeah sometimes she gets vouchers for £10+ I tried to explain that, that is target shops but they didnt seem to understand. Anyway, put their receipt numbers into the APG and it was only a voucher for 3p Embarassing or what
    Originally posted by gocat
    Pleased things went as well as they could... in times of grief and loss we seem to re connect with others.

It took me many months to understand!! but now, my OH , who would say 'why the f... have you bought those for' now understands and I believe, he, like yours is secretly proud. you could guarantee that when you want to show others the result is (3p) dismal!!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    Evening all

Very disappointing afternoon tea with DH's friends They ate very little I happily worked away for ages in the kitchen making small bite size stuff

They even failed to each more than 2 triangle sandwiches Oh well had then to distribute to neighbour, DIL and her friend

Had a lovely evening with her friend as we chatted about tax, vat , business strategy etc. She does not know it yet but I am planning on brining her risk assessments up to speed and this is so exciting I am sad or what ? Rhetorical question

Glad Riley's op is over and he did not need it pinned
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    you are not sad!! But what a b@gger about the afternoon tea!!

I sort of understand about risk assessments, and whilst it may float your boat now that I am retired it does not butter my crumpet!!
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Jul 17, 8:25 PM
    • 3,245 Posts
    • 30,303 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Did you have steroids too? They kept me awake every night. Ask for omeprazole for the heartburn....oh the joys x
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Jul 17, 8:26 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    JTS says he's humbled at the support he's received from everyone on the thread and hope people understand that he doesn't feel up to posting just yet.

Another brave soldier
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Just wish we could support in a more positive, physical way!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Jul 17, 8:27 PM
    • 48,654 Posts
    • 566,762 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi Pip
    How are you?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,979Posts Today

9,287Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin