Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,176Posts
    • 34,881Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 372
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 10th Jul 17, 5:07 PM
    • 2,634 Posts
    • 34,597 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good afternoon lovely peoples

I'm afraid I've had bad news.
    It appears the chemotherapy hasn't worked, and my cancer has spread into my spine already.
    I'm devastated
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    So very sorry to hear this JTS. ((Hugs))
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 5:14 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,748 Thanks
    mhoc
    JTS sorry to hear your news

Snap-ant I had cellulitis in my arm a few months ago ...painful

Serindiptious I did the World Cruise with Cunard and it was a very

good adventure plus being taken care of off shore by Queen .....

Mhoc the price was very good it worked out at just over £1200 per week
    per couple ...so keep looking for bargains
    Originally posted by underperky
    now that is good - anything between £500 and £600 a week - the trouble is that if you are fortunate to do get some really excellent value cruises then it ruins you, everything else seems way over the top
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • northerngeezer
    • By northerngeezer 10th Jul 17, 5:14 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 9,543 Thanks
    northerngeezer
    JST...... So sorry to here that the chemotherapy hasn't worked. Please don't lose hope as there may be other options.

I've been waiting for weeks for the results of my second year CT cancer scan and the wait is really depressing me so I know how you feel to a degree.

Hope everything works out for you and may God bless you.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 10th Jul 17, 5:18 PM
    • 3,141 Posts
    • 44,689 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Please can I ask if anyone else has had problems with TCB for the strawberries, squash and elmlea. Between DH and I we have have had 4 receipts rejected saying they failed to upload.

I've resubmitted them all again and followed them up with an email
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Jul 17, 5:18 PM
    • 2,819 Posts
    • 28,282 Thanks
    pippo

Poor Riley broke his arm in two places yesterday evening . Think he got his foot caught when getting out of his trampoline and fell landing heavily on his arm. He s having an operation this afternoon
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Bless .. hope all has gone well.
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Jul 17, 5:19 PM
    • 6,399 Posts
    • 84,651 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    JTS, so sorry to hear the results were not good. sending you the biggest ((((hugs))))

Take care xxxxxx
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Jul 17, 5:22 PM
    • 2,819 Posts
    • 28,282 Thanks
    pippo

I haven't caught up as I have woken with excruciating knee pain
    Just the right knee & it is on fire
    All my plans today
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Oh Snap, hope you've got it sorted.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 5:26 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,748 Thanks
    mhoc
    Please can I ask if anyone else has had problems with TCB for the strawberries, squash and elmlea. Between DH and I we have have had 4 receipts rejected saying they failed to upload.

Originally posted by hampydoodums
    I had problems last night getting the elmlea receipt to upload, it just seemed to hang so I can to crash it and start again.
    Now you have said that I will have a look and see if they are still pending.
    I've got to get OHs set of 3 on Tuesday
    More Eton mess tonight
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Jul 17, 5:27 PM
    • 18,542 Posts
    • 195,971 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    So sorry JTS, was rather hoping for a miracle.

My FiL had cancer in the bone marrow in his spine, it was not good, please take all the help you are offered xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Jul 17, 5:30 PM
    • 2,819 Posts
    • 28,282 Thanks
    pippo

It appears the chemotherapy hasn't worked, and my cancer has spread into my spine already.
    I'm devastated
    JTS, I have no words, just positive thoughts and prayers.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Jul 17, 5:37 PM
    • 9,653 Posts
    • 108,511 Thanks
    emerald21
    Sorry it wasn t better news JTS
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 10th Jul 17, 5:39 PM
    • 5,532 Posts
    • 67,891 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    (((x))) I'm so very sorry it wasn't better news JTS. Take care
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jul 17, 5:42 PM
    • 26,054 Posts
    • 303,893 Thanks
    davemorton
    I can only echo what everyone else has said JTS, so sorry you never got better news from the scans.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jul 17, 5:43 PM
    • 26,054 Posts
    • 303,893 Thanks
    davemorton
    Its rained on and off all day
    Originally posted by tweets
    Welcome to our world tweets.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Jul 17, 5:47 PM
    • 35,874 Posts
    • 151,062 Thanks
    silvercar

I'm devastated
    Sorry to hear this. Friend's mother had secondaries in her bones and they managed to control it.

Take care and we are here when you want to have a moan.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jul 17, 5:49 PM
    • 14,393 Posts
    • 242,787 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• gocat
    • By gocat 10th Jul 17, 5:49 PM
    • 4,844 Posts
    • 53,711 Thanks
    gocat
    How are you doing gocat?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Not too bad thanks bubbs. Had relatives arrive here last Wednesday, which I was dreading but they were ok and helped me a lot. The following day Thursday was mums funeral and wake. All went as well as can be expected. Friday relatives cooked, Saturday relatives cooked. Sunday morning they flew back to Abz. Loads of left overs so invited all my siblings round with their partners and we had a mini feast then went over the cemetery which is nearby to me to check on our parents grave. Made a nice sort of closure to everything, as most of them were back to work today.
    Still got DD here. She goes back to Ozzie land this Saturday Been great having her here though.

Hope you doing ok

ps relatives went to A's and got about £60 worth of stuff. Im like can I have the receipt and explained to them about APG. OH is like oh yeah sometimes she gets vouchers for £10+ I tried to explain that, that is target shops but they didnt seem to understand. Anyway, put their receipt numbers into the APG and it was only a voucher for 3p Embarassing or what
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 6:01 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,748 Thanks
    mhoc

Originally posted by hampydoodums
    This is weird, just checked and the strawberries have gone to paid but the elmlea and Robinson are still pending, all uploaded within 5 mins of each other ....
    Now wondering which one they will reject ...

But at least the bank holiday bonus - must have been the Marks order just before the May bank holiday, that's gone to paid
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Jul 17, 6:12 PM
    • 5,049 Posts
    • 52,372 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    JTS I am sending you big hugs. I have no idea where you are, but if you are within range of Merseyside and there is anything I can do to help, just shout. xx
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 71.48

• tweets
    • By tweets 10th Jul 17, 6:25 PM
    • 28,613 Posts
    • 410,209 Thanks
    tweets
    Welcome to our world tweets.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    You get used to rain here never mind rainy Manchester should be rainy Oldham
    Lost 3st-3lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,865Posts Today

6,437Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin