Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,948Posts
    • 34,468Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 370
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 10th Jul 17, 11:13 AM
    • 1,413 Posts
    • 14,886 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Damn! Damn! Damn not having my car!

Free on CoS from T - four different flavours of Manomasa Tortilla 160g.

Today only (fingers crossed for an extension!).

Hth

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Hi Anon, would you like to borrow my car? I am unable to drive at the moment so it is just sitting on the driveway. Therefore I can't get to T's either
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jul 17, 11:24 AM
    • 25,458 Posts
    • 299,558 Thanks
    davemorton
    Good morning all, another glorious day here

Can somebody please send some rain.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Never mind everyone elses half hearted offers, TM and myself have more than enough rain to go round, and its good quality stuff too, none of your little whispy drops, big old wet drops, best top quality for your plans, and lately we are having enough to go round everyone.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 10th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    • 8,754 Posts
    • 55,189 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all....

Hope Riley is feeling in a little less pain this morning Emerald....although he does look as if last night he was surrounded by his favourite things to help him mend x.....no more trampolines for a few weeks.....

A toiletry update for this week sees 4 in....all products to test for WOM companies....a sample size and full sized dry shampoo and 2 oral b toothpastes.

on the outs it's 8.....4 were part used things that got thrown out because they had either gone watery or hard or were not identifiable as to what they were....the others used up were a toothpaste,full sized shampoo,sample sized body lotion and sample sized face cream.
    Not bad all in all...but I do fear I'm still not really breaking the back of the stash before new things enter....although I have stopped applying for sample sized freebies unless I actually need or have a use for them...It's the sample stash that I am going to concentrate on in the next few weeks in order to get rid of some things that have literally mounted up over years and never been used.

I've taken DS to the local cafe for breakfast this morning...full fry up each....and we've already met with an electrician and heating engineer at the as yet to be finalised new property to discuss a full rewire and new heating system.
    We are about to impose a final completion date on our reluctant sellers ....they still seem in little or no hurry to move forward...we were originally supposed to complete in May and it's now by the end of the month or not at all!

I'm looking at options online this morning for revamping old tired kitchen cupboards for minimal outlay...so if anyone has achieved anything good previously I'm all ears to hear the tale.....

Hope everyone has a restful and enjoyable week and that JTS gets required results and Sal has managed to come through the first round with her sanity and optimism still intact.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 97 out 86 in ...£13.96 spend
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Jul 17, 11:40 AM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,087 Thanks
    emerald21

Poor little Riley. Are we forecasting lots of treats for him susie?

Get well soon little soldier
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Oh yes no doubt lol. Been scouring the town for an led fidget spinner finally found one .Thats what he asked for. Also got a packet of minion sweets worth a £1 free off o2 He could have a loaf of hovis too if he likes lol He's in theatre now
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 1,670 Posts
    • 18,287 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Today's planned shop
    Targeting T v S with 11 items

Manomasa 4 flavours T 1.99 v S 1.25 = 2.96 profit
    Hovis bread T 1.35 S 1.30 = 5p profit
    Coke zero 1.75L T 1.66 S £1.35 85p CB comparison 31p, cost £50p
    Shopmymum
    2 x different Primula cheese offering BOGOF £1.45, currently £1 T & S (am I correct they will pay out £1.45??) = 2 for 55p

Sum up 8 different items, total cost if primula works and 2 fillers (10p sweets, 3 to be safe 30p) £1.66 PROFIT
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    Hi Anon, would you like to borrow my car? I am unable to drive at the moment so it is just sitting on the driveway. Therefore I can't get to T's either
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    I cant get to Mr Tossers either so that's three of us now - shall we start a list

I doubt of my little store even sells these Manomasa Tortilla - are they fresh items or long life?
    I am thinking about food bank donations as it would be unlikely that we would eat them all up in time.

Contemplating ringing my store to see if they even stock them, this is doubtful but I can then stop torturing myself
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • pk04
    • By pk04 10th Jul 17, 12:14 PM
    • 2,843 Posts
    • 45,922 Thanks
    pk04
    Targeting T v S with 11 items

Manomasa 4 flavours T 1.99 v S 1.25 = 2.96 profit
    Hovis bread T 1.35 S 1.30 = 5p profit
    Coke zero 1.75L T 1.66 S £1.35 85p CB comparison 31p, cost £50p
    Shopmymum
    2 x different Primula cheese offering BOGOF £1.45, currently £1 T & S (am I correct they will pay out £1.45??) = 2 for 55p

Sum up 8 different items, total cost if primula works and 2 fillers (10p sweets, 3 to be safe 30p) £1.66 PROFIT
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    My coke zero is online only so you might want to double check that one
    eta. I'm not 100% but I believe SHM use the actual price paid so you would probably only get £1 back ... unless anyone knows any different?

Morning Afternoon everyone
    Last edited by pk04; 10-07-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • locarr
    • By locarr 10th Jul 17, 12:14 PM
    • 7,735 Posts
    • 137,684 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon,

little whoopsy haul been a while since I hit the extra at the right time

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19894781_1751198724907670_519345392160069138_n.jpg ?oh=9f4cd9cd3fe0b77eff96a2a80deedd5a&oe=5A02E611

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19894781_1751198724907670_519345392160069138_n.jpg ?oh=9f4cd9cd3fe0b77eff96a2a80deedd5a&oe=5A02E611

kingsmill 50/50 0.02p
    crumpets 0.02p
    sprouting seeds 0.02p
    celery x2 0.01p

egg & spinach snack pot 0.02p usually £1.50 seriously!
    shitake shrooms 0.01p
    Originally posted by locarr

with pics!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • PartickThistleNil
    • By PartickThistleNil 10th Jul 17, 12:37 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    PartickThistleNil
    Part of my T v S shop from earlier. £1.99 back on the crisps and 75p on the popcorn on COS. The tomatillo flavour did not compare v S.

1 x METCALFE'S CHARITY POPCORN SEA SLT 70G £1.49 v £1.00
    6 x METCALFE'S SKINNY POPCORN CINEMA SWT 70G £8.94 v £6.00
    1 x METCALFE'S SKINNY POPCORN SWT 'N SLT 80G £1.49 v £1.00
    1 x MANOMASA CHIPOTLE & LIME TORTILLA CHIPS £1.99 v £1.25
    1 x MANOMASA TOMATILLO SALSA TORTILLA CHIPS £1.99 v n/a
    1 x MANOMASA GREEN LEMON TORTILLA CHIPS £1.99 v £1.25
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 10th Jul 17, 1:00 PM
    • 6,726 Posts
    • 54,364 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Greggies, Fwee coughee for sign up and a fwee birthday treat on your birthday

Bogger Queen, always new vouchers coming up, 99p nogets and 50p flies very common

KFC fwee small side on sign up.

Mix when you want, for example, Moansday pizza if Booger nearby, flies for total £1.50

Or even use BK only when out with kids, if you have enough phones, 9 no-gets for 99p + flies (take your own bottled juice) Use the cinema answer to any questions.

Cinema backpack full of your own stuff answer to staff questions.
    Can you guarantee that your food complies to our dietry requirements (AKA cheap) / my religion (moneysaving) Don't specify what they are if asked, state that it is personal indignantly Tried and TESTED and works a treat watching them squirm.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    I've been wished happy birthday a few times this year!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 18,278 Posts
    • 193,980 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Has anyone been to the DOMINION REPUBLIC lately and if so have you

any recommendations please ?
    Originally posted by underperky
    Not been yet, but booked for Punta Cana in October, looks lovely, we will be there in 3 months

Never mind everyone elses half hearted offers, TM and myself have more than enough rain to go round, and its good quality stuff too, none of your little whispy drops, big old wet drops, best top quality for your plans, and lately we are having enough to go round everyone.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Please send it down here, our lawn is rather brown. Funnily enough though the garden is fine and I very rarely water it, I think the roots have gone down deeper.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    who is our lady from Liverpool? Just noticed that Queen Elizabeth is in Liverpool tomorrow night - sadly too far for us to go for an evening do but it looks very exciting.

Cunard's Queen Elizabeth Viewing & Fireworks Cruise
    https://www.facebook.com/events/103538223623976/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22 mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card% 5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Jul 17, 1:51 PM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,087 Thanks
    emerald21
    Poor love, its very hard seeing a child in such pain.
    Are they pining it or just putting it in a cast?

Eldest child, I think it was at her birthday party and we had just had bunk beds put in for the boys - so I think she must have been 6 and the boys 4 and 2. Needless to say she would not be told and she decided to jump off the top of the beds and broke her arm, it was in a cast but even now its slightly bent.
    That was how she was, always a reckless thrill seeker, I have no idea how we managed to keep her alive.
    It was just before the invention of health and safety but if was now she would have been on social services at risk register
    Originally posted by mhoc
    He had his op earlier than planned which was good. They were able to mainpulate the bones back in their place under anaesthetic so no pins Got a plaster cast on. He wanted to go home straight away and was a bit aggressive but he s calmed down now and had a bit of toast and a drink etc so just having a play in the playroom
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Jul 17, 1:54 PM
    • 4,662 Posts
    • 49,109 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    who is our lady from Liverpool? Just noticed that Queen Elizabeth is in Liverpool tomorrow night - sadly too far for us to go for an evening do but it looks very exciting.

Cunard's Queen Elizabeth Viewing & Fireworks Cruise
    https://www.facebook.com/events/103538223623976/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22 mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card% 5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D

Sadly I can't go, but I may get a glimpse of the firework display if it's a clear night, although at 21.45 I'd imagine it won't be fully dark.

When I first read this I thought the viewing took place on board the Queen, but it's from the ferry...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 86.30

• emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,087 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good morning everyone, very wet here today. E you're welcome to help yourself to some rain
    Well done Sarah, not sure if I'd be brave enough to do zip wires
    Oh emerald, poor Riley, sending best wishes for a speedy recovery xx DD1 was working from 6pm yesterday so she quite likely did his X-rays.
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Oh wow well yes you never know . Have to say everyone was very nice , you couldn't fault them. I managed to get this elusive led fidget spinner so took it for him and stayed a while. Have to go back again at 4 as hubby's got an appointment.

Why can t you drive your car have you lost that much weight you can't reach the pedals
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Jul 17, 2:01 PM
    • 4,662 Posts
    • 49,109 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    He had his op earlier than planned which was good. They were able to mainpulate the bones back in their place under anaesthetic so no pins Got a plaster cast on. He wanted to go home straight away and was a bit aggressive but he s calmed down now and had a bit of toast and a drink etc so just having a play in the playroom
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Oh bless him. It's a real shock to the system.

Hope he feels better soon. He'll be going back to school a super-hero, they'll all be asking to draw on his plaster!
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• tweets
    • By tweets 10th Jul 17, 2:39 PM
    • 28,227 Posts
    • 407,124 Thanks
    tweets
    tweets, can you blow on those clouds a bit harder please, the sky is still very blue

Gotta dash, job on this morning.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C

I told rain to go but it doesn't listen just likes wetting me

Its rained on and off all day
    Lost 3st-0.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 2:41 PM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    Sadly I can't go, but I may get a glimpse of the firework display if it's a clear night, although at 21.45 I'd imagine it won't be fully dark.

When I first read this I thought the viewing took place on board the Queen, but it's from the ferry...
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Yes its from the ferry - someone might put a video on the Cunard FB thread
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Jul 17, 2:58 PM
    • 4,662 Posts
    • 49,109 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Yes its from the ferry - someone might put a video on the Cunard FB thread

It'll be an interesting perspective.

I shall have to wait - hopefully one day I'll get to board the Queen.

Complete with new wardrobe, and megabucks to spend of course...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 14,162 Posts
    • 240,382 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Apologies, I'm getting better now I've been examined by a medical person, the pain was appalling
    Results are either Cellulitis, or an insect bite or a DVT...
    but definitely not Gout
    Take Ibuprofen - if pain gets worse to go back tomorrow..

Sorry Emerald's Riley ♥ Hope you go home soon
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,979Posts Today

9,287Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin