Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,948Posts
    • 34,468Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 369
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Jul 17, 8:46 AM
    • 18,278 Posts
    • 193,980 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    tweets, can you blow on those clouds a bit harder please, the sky is still very blue

Gotta dash, job on this morning.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 8:53 AM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all, we have had rain overnight and its still grey and overcast here - typical after such a lovely weekend - and inevitable as I've got several days out planned this week

Mind you everything was flagging even the Buddleia and the night scented climbing jasmine was dropping stars everywhere ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 9:00 AM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    If anyone has done their pet insurance recently and knows of any good cashback offers etc shout out.

I was signing a huge sigh of relief, thinking I've just about got all of the discounts I am going to get to renew the multi car policy and I don't have to ring Admiral up yet again, only issue is going to be extracting cash out of Eldest son. Otherwise I didn't have to think about insurance quotes again.

But then I check this weeks calendar and I kindly left a message to my future self in August 2016 to start doing quotes for Sophies pet insurance as its due mid August so I can get quotes up to a month before.

Just realised how depressing this all is, thinking what was happening in July and August 2016 ....
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 9:06 AM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc

Poor Riley broke his arm in two places yesterday evening . Think he got his foot caught when getting out of his trampoline and fell landing heavily on his arm. He s having an operation this afternoon
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Poor love, its very hard seeing a child in such pain.
    Are they pining it or just putting it in a cast?

Eldest child, I think it was at her birthday party and we had just had bunk beds put in for the boys - so I think she must have been 6 and the boys 4 and 2. Needless to say she would not be told and she decided to jump off the top of the beds and broke her arm, it was in a cast but even now its slightly bent.
    That was how she was, always a reckless thrill seeker, I have no idea how we managed to keep her alive.
    It was just before the invention of health and safety but if was now she would have been on social services at risk register
    Last edited by mhoc; 10-07-2017 at 9:12 AM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 9:11 AM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    Has everyone got their 2 shloers for BOGOF for shopimum?
    I had a look this morning and on mysupermarket its no longer showing as BOGOF

so I don't know how long this will take to be updated on the system. I did a nice little
    sada v waitroses
    shop yesterday with 2 bottles - £4.40 in sada and it matched the offer price in waitroses.

I wish I'd then got 2 bottles when we went into waitrose later in the afternoon - too busy buying laundry liquid - annoyed with myself now.

Its also on Greenjimm this week but only 70p off

Shloer is awfully sickly, we sometimes get the fancy sparkling lemonade from Aldi for about £1.30, much more interesting.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 9:15 AM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    Oooh...I've got an M&S special offer as I've collected more than 20,000 Sparks.

Sale Preview

50% off womenswear

Also if I place an order before tomorrow night, I will be entered into a draw to win one of a 1000 £10 evouchers.

I might even be entered into a drawer��
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    My sale preview email didn't come in until this morning but then I've only got 5000 sparks points - you must live in marks

I've got 20% off dresses, leggings and coats plus a £10 voucher for household so have to see what is the least worst time I can find.
    Plus some e vouchers to use up from converting TCB
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 9:16 AM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    I am talking to myself, time to get some work done
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Jul 17, 9:19 AM
    • 3,245 Posts
    • 30,303 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning all, another glorious day here

Can somebody please send some rain.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Yes you can have ours its torrential here

I love these, have used them for quite a few years for Xmas as well as birthdays etc.

Also their special offer mystery bundles, when they do them, are exceptionally good value.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Yes I found the birthday bundle a bit floral for my friends, I like the new range though.

Thanks TM I've just spent a fortune in the m n s sale
    • underperky
    • By underperky 10th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 62,335 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning ...Hope you are better soon Riley
    • underperky
    • By underperky 10th Jul 17, 9:37 AM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 62,335 Thanks
    underperky
    Has anyone been to the DOMINION REPUBLIC lately and if so have you

any recommendations please ?
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    • 1,670 Posts
    • 18,287 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    APPS reminder
    O3 £1 lunch today.

ALSO
    Free 150g bag of Minions sweets at W H Smith High Street stores 5 days left
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    • 35,491 Posts
    • 149,706 Thanks
    silvercar
    Hope Riley is OK.

Such a shame to hurt yourself after playing.

We had (actually still have, as its a good base for tree pruning!) a 13ft trampoline with no ladder and no net. I used to tell the kids that it is an incredibly dangerous trampoline, so they had to be extra, extra careful. One at a time and stay central.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 10th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    • 1,413 Posts
    • 14,886 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Good morning everyone, very wet here today. E you're welcome to help yourself to some rain
    Well done Sarah, not sure if I'd be brave enough to do zip wires
    Oh emerald, poor Riley, sending best wishes for a speedy recovery xx DD1 was working from 6pm yesterday so she quite likely did his X-rays.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 10:11 AM
    • 16,003 Posts
    • 189,063 Thanks
    mhoc
    My sale preview email didn't come in until this morning but then I've only got 5000 sparks points - you must live in marks

I've got 20% off dresses, leggings and coats plus a £10 voucher for household so have to see what is the least worst time I can find.
    Plus some e vouchers to use up from converting TCB
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Well, my extra 20% offers were not coming off and I was loosing things as fast as I could put them into the basket so I ended up with 2 lots of leggings/jeggings and then I gave up after the one dress I really fancied vanished from my basket ....
    So my e vouchers are still intact.

If you need high end things like evening wear and prom dresses put your list high to low - some very nice formal dresses
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jul 17, 10:11 AM
    • 14,160 Posts
    • 240,372 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

I haven't caught up as I have woken with excruciating knee pain
    Just the right knee & it is on fire
    All my plans today
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jul 17, 10:14 AM
    • 14,160 Posts
    • 240,372 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    Queenriderbrekke was yesterday's smartest player!

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Jul 17, 10:18 AM
    • 6,270 Posts
    • 83,533 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Another hot one here again today.

Poor Riley broke his arm in two places yesterday evening . Think he got his foot caught when getting out of his trampoline and fell landing heavily on his arm. He s having an operation this afternoon
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Oh poor riley, wishing him a speedy recovery. Just before the school holidays aswell.

My DS2 broke and dislocated his arm and elbow, first day of 6 week holidays, few years ago, he was gutted.

If you're not very heavy a side wind makes it interesting
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Oh yes, I know, it did yesterday
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May

Completed Race for Life 25 June 2017

A huge thankyou to everyone who sponsored me
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th Jul 17, 10:27 AM
    • 1,747 Posts
    • 16,973 Thanks
    curl girl
    O3 £1 lunch today.

ALSO
    Free 150g bag of Minions sweets at W H Smith High Street stores 5 days left
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Thanks.
    Has Refreshed from Smith's refreshed?
    Cause it looks like it on mine, but I'm not used to the workings of the app yet.

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Jul 17, 10:48 AM
    • 11,784 Posts
    • 129,603 Thanks
    Anon
    Damn! Damn! Damn not having my car!

Free on CoS from T - four different flavours of Manomasa Tortilla 160g.

Today only (fingers crossed for an extension!).

Hth

Anon
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jul 17, 11:09 AM
    • 1,670 Posts
    • 18,287 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Thanks.
    Has Refreshed from Smith's refreshed?
    Cause it looks like it on mine, but I'm not used to the workings of the app yet.

Morning peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    LOL, Yup has Refreshed refreshed for me two.

My Lunch today is pizza a drink and minions, total cost £1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,406Posts Today

8,507Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin