Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,852Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 369
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 9:16 AM
    • 16,416 Posts
    • 192,400 Thanks
    mhoc
    I am talking to myself, time to get some work done
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Jul 17, 9:19 AM
    • 3,306 Posts
    • 30,873 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning all, another glorious day here

Can somebody please send some rain.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Yes you can have ours its torrential here

I love these, have used them for quite a few years for Xmas as well as birthdays etc.

Also their special offer mystery bundles, when they do them, are exceptionally good value.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Yes I found the birthday bundle a bit floral for my friends, I like the new range though.

Thanks TM I've just spent a fortune in the m n s sale
    • underperky
    • By underperky 10th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 5,052 Posts
    • 62,810 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning ...Hope you are better soon Riley
    • underperky
    • By underperky 10th Jul 17, 9:37 AM
    • 5,052 Posts
    • 62,810 Thanks
    underperky
    Has anyone been to the DOMINION REPUBLIC lately and if so have you

any recommendations please ?
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    • 1,879 Posts
    • 20,077 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    APPS reminder
    O3 £1 lunch today.

ALSO
    Free 150g bag of Minions sweets at W H Smith High Street stores 5 days left
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    • 35,868 Posts
    • 151,022 Thanks
    silvercar
    Hope Riley is OK.

Such a shame to hurt yourself after playing.

We had (actually still have, as its a good base for tree pruning!) a 13ft trampoline with no ladder and no net. I used to tell the kids that it is an incredibly dangerous trampoline, so they had to be extra, extra careful. One at a time and stay central.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 10th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 15,197 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Good morning everyone, very wet here today. E you're welcome to help yourself to some rain
    Well done Sarah, not sure if I'd be brave enough to do zip wires
    Oh emerald, poor Riley, sending best wishes for a speedy recovery xx DD1 was working from 6pm yesterday so she quite likely did his X-rays.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 10:11 AM
    • 16,416 Posts
    • 192,400 Thanks
    mhoc
    My sale preview email didn't come in until this morning but then I've only got 5000 sparks points - you must live in marks

I've got 20% off dresses, leggings and coats plus a £10 voucher for household so have to see what is the least worst time I can find.
    Plus some e vouchers to use up from converting TCB
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Well, my extra 20% offers were not coming off and I was loosing things as fast as I could put them into the basket so I ended up with 2 lots of leggings/jeggings and then I gave up after the one dress I really fancied vanished from my basket ....
    So my e vouchers are still intact.

If you need high end things like evening wear and prom dresses put your list high to low - some very nice formal dresses
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jul 17, 10:11 AM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,624 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

I haven't caught up as I have woken with excruciating knee pain
    Just the right knee & it is on fire
    All my plans today
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jul 17, 10:14 AM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,624 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    Queenriderbrekke was yesterday's smartest player!

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Jul 17, 10:18 AM
    • 6,395 Posts
    • 84,621 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Another hot one here again today.

Poor Riley broke his arm in two places yesterday evening . Think he got his foot caught when getting out of his trampoline and fell landing heavily on his arm. He s having an operation this afternoon
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Oh poor riley, wishing him a speedy recovery. Just before the school holidays aswell.

My DS2 broke and dislocated his arm and elbow, first day of 6 week holidays, few years ago, he was gutted.

If you're not very heavy a side wind makes it interesting
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Oh yes, I know, it did yesterday
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th Jul 17, 10:27 AM
    • 1,983 Posts
    • 18,792 Thanks
    curl girl
    O3 £1 lunch today.

ALSO
    Free 150g bag of Minions sweets at W H Smith High Street stores 5 days left
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Thanks.
    Has Refreshed from Smith's refreshed?
    Cause it looks like it on mine, but I'm not used to the workings of the app yet.

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Jul 17, 10:48 AM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 132,039 Thanks
    Anon
    Damn! Damn! Damn not having my car!

Free on CoS from T - four different flavours of Manomasa Tortilla 160g.

Today only (fingers crossed for an extension!).

Hth

Anon
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jul 17, 11:09 AM
    • 1,879 Posts
    • 20,077 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Thanks.
    Has Refreshed from Smith's refreshed?
    Cause it looks like it on mine, but I'm not used to the workings of the app yet.

Morning peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    LOL, Yup has Refreshed refreshed for me two.

My Lunch today is pizza a drink and minions, total cost £1
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 10th Jul 17, 11:13 AM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 15,197 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Damn! Damn! Damn not having my car!

Free on CoS from T - four different flavours of Manomasa Tortilla 160g.

Today only (fingers crossed for an extension!).

Hth

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Hi Anon, would you like to borrow my car? I am unable to drive at the moment so it is just sitting on the driveway. Therefore I can't get to T's either
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jul 17, 11:24 AM
    • 26,033 Posts
    • 303,747 Thanks
    davemorton
    Good morning all, another glorious day here

Can somebody please send some rain.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Never mind everyone elses half hearted offers, TM and myself have more than enough rain to go round, and its good quality stuff too, none of your little whispy drops, big old wet drops, best top quality for your plans, and lately we are having enough to go round everyone.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 10th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all....

Hope Riley is feeling in a little less pain this morning Emerald....although he does look as if last night he was surrounded by his favourite things to help him mend x.....no more trampolines for a few weeks.....

A toiletry update for this week sees 4 in....all products to test for WOM companies....a sample size and full sized dry shampoo and 2 oral b toothpastes.

on the outs it's 8.....4 were part used things that got thrown out because they had either gone watery or hard or were not identifiable as to what they were....the others used up were a toothpaste,full sized shampoo,sample sized body lotion and sample sized face cream.
    Not bad all in all...but I do fear I'm still not really breaking the back of the stash before new things enter....although I have stopped applying for sample sized freebies unless I actually need or have a use for them...It's the sample stash that I am going to concentrate on in the next few weeks in order to get rid of some things that have literally mounted up over years and never been used.

I've taken DS to the local cafe for breakfast this morning...full fry up each....and we've already met with an electrician and heating engineer at the as yet to be finalised new property to discuss a full rewire and new heating system.
    We are about to impose a final completion date on our reluctant sellers ....they still seem in little or no hurry to move forward...we were originally supposed to complete in May and it's now by the end of the month or not at all!

I'm looking at options online this morning for revamping old tired kitchen cupboards for minimal outlay...so if anyone has achieved anything good previously I'm all ears to hear the tale.....

Hope everyone has a restful and enjoyable week and that JTS gets required results and Sal has managed to come through the first round with her sanity and optimism still intact.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Jul 17, 11:40 AM
    • 9,640 Posts
    • 108,421 Thanks
    emerald21

Poor little Riley. Are we forecasting lots of treats for him susie?

Get well soon little soldier
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Oh yes no doubt lol. Been scouring the town for an led fidget spinner finally found one .Thats what he asked for. Also got a packet of minion sweets worth a £1 free off o2 He could have a loaf of hovis too if he likes lol He's in theatre now
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 1,879 Posts
    • 20,077 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Today's planned shop
    Targeting T v S with 11 items

Manomasa 4 flavours T 1.99 v S 1.25 = 2.96 profit
    Hovis bread T 1.35 S 1.30 = 5p profit
    Coke zero 1.75L T 1.66 S £1.35 85p CB comparison 31p, cost £50p
    Shopmymum
    2 x different Primula cheese offering BOGOF £1.45, currently £1 T & S (am I correct they will pay out £1.45??) = 2 for 55p

Sum up 8 different items, total cost if primula works and 2 fillers (10p sweets, 3 to be safe 30p) £1.66 PROFIT
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 16,416 Posts
    • 192,400 Thanks
    mhoc
    Hi Anon, would you like to borrow my car? I am unable to drive at the moment so it is just sitting on the driveway. Therefore I can't get to T's either
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    I cant get to Mr Tossers either so that's three of us now - shall we start a list

I doubt of my little store even sells these Manomasa Tortilla - are they fresh items or long life?
    I am thinking about food bank donations as it would be unlikely that we would eat them all up in time.

Contemplating ringing my store to see if they even stock them, this is doubtful but I can then stop torturing myself
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,738Posts Today

8,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin