Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,942Posts
    • 34,465Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 361
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jul 17, 8:58 AM
    • 18,260 Posts
    • 193,848 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, another sunny day here

Was rather hoping that turning the oven off overnight might have cleared the problem but it did not. Cannot understand how the power works but none of the elements work, it is not logical Really do not think it is the thermostat.

Still, will wait to hear back from Neff hopefully nest week, but suspect I might be oven hunting soon. Hate that, I do not like buying online without actually seeing the oven first, and I am restricting myself because I do not want hotpoint/indesit.

We get kingfishers on the river here, only ever catch a fleeting glance though. The best view of a kingfisher I ever had was in Kenya, gorgeous birds!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 9th Jul 17, 9:01 AM
    • 4,111 Posts
    • 44,172 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Sunday.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Jul 17, 9:26 AM
    • 5,369 Posts
    • 66,384 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Oh is it a Kingfisher thought it was a parrot
    Originally posted by tweets
    One kingfisher and one parrot
    Just to clear up any confusion
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 5,369 Posts
    • 66,384 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    That must be uncomfortable.
    Originally posted by skcollo
    No idea why you would think that?
    A static camera, or any other kind of camera for that matter, is an inanimate object and therefore incapable of feeling discomfort.

MF 30 June 2010

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 9th Jul 17, 10:20 AM
    • 6,262 Posts
    • 83,480 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Got ziplining booked over quarry today not sure I'm looking forward to it, the boys are.

Weather not great though
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May

Completed Race for Life 25 June 2017

A huge thankyou to everyone who sponsored me
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Jul 17, 10:35 AM
    • 14,147 Posts
    • 240,253 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Another beautiful day, bed stripped, washed & drying on line

We met up with second cousins last night & had a lovely meal out.
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Jul 17, 10:38 AM
    • 14,147 Posts
    • 240,253 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player!

22 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Sunday): General Knowledge 1 : Very Easy

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• quiet advisor
    • By quiet advisor 9th Jul 17, 10:43 AM
    • 84 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    quiet advisor
    "Was rather hoping that turning the oven off overnight might have cleared the problem but it did not. Cannot understand how the power works but none of the elements work, it is not logical Really do not think it is the thermostat."

It might be worth checking that the oven programmer is on manual, not auto. Otherwise, it looks as if it needs a repair.
    QA
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 17, 11:14 AM
    • 32,565 Posts
    • 439,051 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I'm having a tea break

Just pulling up some of the over wintering onions to use this week. The tops were bent over which is a sign that they are ready to pull. It's a really good crop this year. None have gone to seed and I think, for once, that I have the quantities right. They should last me until the main crop are ready to lift.

Onion soup anyone?

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 17, 11:15 AM
    • 32,565 Posts
    • 439,051 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning luvlies. Up with the lark as DH has just dropped DD2 off to the airport with DGD1, they're off to see DS in Spain. Got a selfie from her on the plane, it was actually cheaper for DGD1 to have her own seat by the time all the extra taxes etc were paid .

TM, if you're still about, the onepoundshop online has L'Occitane in. Some OOS but lots of stuff for £1, maybe useful to put together for a hamper. I've not used the store before, it came up on a suggested post on my FB.

https://www.onlinepoundstore.co.uk/?s=L%27occitane&post_type=product
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Morning all! Busy bees round here as always, no rest for the wicked!

Wasn't sure if this had been posted yet but I saw it on the dark side: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/updated-50-off-sale-with-extra-40-off-top-eg-200ml-honeymania-body-butter-was-15-2732319

Stock of certain items was disappearing before my eyes so go quick if you want anything specific, but if you like most flavours then I imagine you've got time to browse. I got two cocoa body butters, two cocoa butter shower creams and two vanilla chai bath foams, as I've decided to do two mini pamper hampers for my MIL and my friend. Just a smidgen over 20 quid plus cashback!

Does anyone ever actually pay full price for Body Shop stuff though, I mean £10 for one bottle of bath stuff??
    Originally posted by Arthien

Ooh...I'll have to have a look later. Thanks for posting
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 17, 11:17 AM
    • 32,565 Posts
    • 439,051 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning everyone.

Got ziplining booked over quarry today not sure I'm looking forward to it, the boys are.

Weather not great though
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    ZIPLINING

You jest

I would have to be anaesthetised
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    • 32,565 Posts
    • 439,051 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    John Lewis clearance

I like the champagne bucket

https://www.johnlewis.com/browse/clearance/home-garden-offers/kitchen-dining-offers/kitchen-accessories-offers/_/N-5nhk?Ns=p_price.extravaganzaPriceListId%7C0
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • altojack
    • By altojack 9th Jul 17, 11:24 AM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    Good morning everyone.

Weather not great though
    Sarah get up there, and gooooooo. The exhilaration you'll feel is fantastic. Show the boys you can do it, because you can xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 103
    In 44 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    • 5,369 Posts
    • 66,384 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    I'm having a tea break

Just pulling up some of the over wintering onions to use this week. The tops were bent over which is a sign that they are ready to pull. It's a really good crop this year. None have gone to seed and I think, for once, that I have the quantities right. They should last me until the main crop are ready to lift.

Onion soup anyone?

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Are these the ones from Wilkinsons?

MF 30 June 2010

• altojack
    • By altojack 9th Jul 17, 11:32 AM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    Good morning Elite

Been mia but won't be reading back, don't think I've got time today

I've been so engrossed in my new interest and just like reading a good book, But this is true crime, I can't put it down whilst I catch up to current situation about a search going on

Hope everyone well, not overdoing things

TM those onions look good, we've got new potatoes and carrots off the lottie fir lunch today, plus other veg and meat if course oh, and Yorkshire puds

Sal and JTS, I hope your treatments and scans went as well as they could, been thinking of you both xx

Hugs to the poorly Elite and those feeling low in spirit. You're in my thoughts as always xx

I have notes to write up before I carry on sleuthing but might be back later xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 103
    In 44 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 9th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 4,211 Posts
    • 91,142 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Good morning everyone.

Weather not great though
    This one?

http://www.visitwales.com/things-to-do/activities/rocks-ropes/zipworld-europes-longest-zipline

Done it
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• gocat
    • By gocat 9th Jul 17, 12:53 PM
    • 4,615 Posts
    • 51,982 Thanks
    gocat
    1x Blossom Hill Spritz Flavours of Cherry (75cl)
    £4.48
    £4.00

A vs S

Tis on shopmum try for £2.50. So that makes it erm err.
    • curlgirl
    • By curlgirl 9th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 6,148 Thanks
    curlgirl
    If anyone still has the 50p off Aero mousse 170g coupon from June Tesco magazine they are currently down to £1.30, voucher valid till 18th.
    I've not tried them so no idea if they are any good, but meaning to get a couple tomorrow so will report back
    Originally posted by curlgirl
    Been and bought these, had a taste for quality control, for you lot not bad for 80p, but would not pay normal price of £1.80. Salted caramel has a funny after taste.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?query=aero+&store=Tesco&sort=Rel evance
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    • 9,472 Posts
    • 107,064 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good morning Elite

Been mia but won't be reading back, don't think I've got time today

I've been so engrossed in my new interest and just like reading a good book, But this is true crime, I can't put it down whilst I catch up to current situation about a search going on

Hope everyone well, not overdoing things

TM those onions look good, we've got new potatoes and carrots off the lottie fir lunch today, plus other veg and meat if course oh, and Yorkshire puds

Sal and JTS, I hope your treatments and scans went as well as they could, been thinking of you both xx

Hugs to the poorly Elite and those feeling low in spirit. You're in my thoughts as always xx

I have notes to write up before I carry on sleuthing but might be back later xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Hi what's your book called altojack Might interest me as I was a gangsters moll in a previous life you know

Good Afternoon all
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    • 18,260 Posts
    • 193,848 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    "Was rather hoping that turning the oven off overnight might have cleared the problem but it did not. Cannot understand how the power works but none of the elements work, it is not logical Really do not think it is the thermostat."

It might be worth checking that the oven programmer is on manual, not auto. Otherwise, it looks as if it needs a repair.
    QA
    Originally posted by quiet advisor
    Thank you, already checked. Have emailed Neff to see if it is worth repairing. It is 11 years old and already had fan element replaced before this.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,245Posts Today

8,306Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin