Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,023Posts
    • 34,651Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 357
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 2:58 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    From a womble A v W

1x Cif Cleaning Cream Lemon (500ml) £2.75 £1.50
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 3:02 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thank you TM, chin chin

TM has seen pictures
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    I'm making a fortune selling them on ebay

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    • 9,546 Posts
    • 107,650 Thanks
    emerald21
    A lot of kilt hire companies state you must wear underwear when using their kilts. Hygiene I believe.
    How many people that conform to this is unknown, unless anyone wants to do a spot survey, just make sure you don't c*ck muck it up
    Just to clarify things, my knickers are a lovely pink with ribbons, other guys do stare when I'm at the toilet, I am sure they are jealous
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Thank you for clarifying that braveheart. The chap I know in Inverness has his own kilt and proudly wears it without knickers I m sure they are jealous of your knickers lol
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 3:04 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning

Can't see these posted, apologies if I have missed them.

Next week's Super Weekend offers for Lidl - 15th and 16th July

And yet more wine

Syrah Grenache £2.99

Chardonnay Veneto £2.99

Deluxe West Country Crunchy Cheddar

Vintage Reserve 250g pack £1.14
    Extra Mature 320g pack £1.14

Deluxe Hand Cooked Crisps 150g pack

Choose from 3 flavours, just two pictured
    Mature Cheddar & Red Onion and Sweet Chilli & Sour Cream
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Welcome back izzey Now you are home can you please find a glitch on toilet rolls.

I might have to spend real money soon
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I had to buy some emergency perfume today.....last minute birthday present. Just called into the local Boots and happy to get the Marc Jacobs Dot 50ml perfume for £34.99. Bought 2 of the cheapest shower creams at 59p each to use a 50 points coupon which took me over the £35 I needed to qualify for a conditional spend coupon of 350 points.
    Also used a double points voucher and a 10% off shower gels

Just remembered it's Durham Big Meeting today(Miners Gala).

The place will be heaving.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Jul 17, 3:16 PM
    • 28,413 Posts
    • 408,734 Thanks
    tweets
    Afternoon,

I hope you dont mind me asking but i think you recommended a phone a while ago that was about £150 .

I dropped mine yesterday and could really do with getting a new one but dont want to pay to much .been having a look but there are so many .

Thank you
    Originally posted by nanx4
    Sorry went off again back now

Was it this one this phone I have
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5768244

I rate it better than the Samsung S6 I had nothing but trouble with it so sold it at CEX and bought the Motorola
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 3:24 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I've halved my Hovis COS loaves and put most in the freezer.

We don't eat as much bread these days and if we do need it we can just take what we need out of the freezer.

Em.....did you hear about that terrible accident last night with the acrobat in Spain?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/08/acrobat-dies-plunging-100ft-front-crowd-spanish-music-festival/
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jul 17, 3:28 PM
    • 11,911 Posts
    • 130,830 Thanks
    Anon
    I hate not having a car - my routine is all out of sorts . It is still broken as I have been away all week so have not had the time to sort it (or rather, I am stupid and didn't get it arranged while away so that it could be done when I got back ... so I am now waiting for the garage to confirm when they can do it!). I didn't realise many garages work short or no hours on a Saturday .

I used one of those garage comparison services online (they submit your requirements to garages to quote against) and appear to have a good price quoted earlier ... but time will tell (and now closed until Monday - while I was waiting to see if other quotes came in).

I think I need to get it back on the road, then perhaps get rid of it as the clutch going is sign that it is perhaps time to get a different one before other major problems, but at £300+ to get it on the road it is not cheap just to then sell it on .

Anon
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jul 17, 3:39 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    I've halved my Hovis COS loaves and put most in the freezer.

We don't eat as much bread these days and if we do need it we can just take what we need out of the freezer.

al/[/url]
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Same problem here, some weeks we get through 2 loaves but Errant son has not been around so we have 2 half loaves left over

Hovis has now appeared on Ohs COS with 2 days expiry - very disappointing wombles today - no bread or strawberries ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 3:44 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I hate not having a car - my routine is all out of sorts . It is still broken as I have been away all week so have not had the time to sort it (or rather, I am stupid and didn't get it arranged while away so that it could be done when I got back ... so I am now waiting for the garage to confirm when they can do it!). I didn't realise many garages work short or no hours on a Saturday .

I used one of those garage comparison services online (they submit your requirements to garages to quote against) and appear to have a good price quoted earlier ... but time will tell (and now closed until Monday - while I was waiting to see if other quotes came in).

I think I need to get it back on the road, then perhaps get rid of it as the clutch going is sign that it is perhaps time to get a different one before other major problems, but at £300+ to get it on the road it is not cheap just to then sell it on .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I sympathise Anon. I would be lost too. We've got nothing within walking distance and we aren't really on any bus routes....unless you are prepared for a long walk

Plus I hate spending money on cars......I know it's maintenance but you somehow don't FEEL the benefit.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Same problem here, some weeks we get through 2 loaves but Errant son has not been around so we have 2 half loaves left over

Hovis has now appeared on Ohs COS with 2 days expiry - very disappointing wombles today - no bread or strawberries ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Strawberries?

Have I missed something else?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    I know this is a piece of string question but has anyone bought a dashcam recently - if so what do I need to look for, what criteria?

Its one of those items that has been stuck on the wanted list for a long time

We set off for our smaller Sada this morning in the next town further away but much easier to get to, free parking and its en route to waitrose. Then we found the road was closed and the diversion route was about 10 miles across country so we gave up and headed for home via Mortibobs for salad
    Then we were nearly broad sided by this #%}#% - he nearly drove into the side of us So we got onto the bypass and drove into town, the car behind us before eventually passing us - tailgating other cars, overtaking on double white lines, pulling out on the road-about and generally driving like an idiot.
    I don't know why we ever leave the house
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Strawberries?

Have I missed something else?
    TCB - have a look at the grocery section - someone posted yesterday but its cashback
    £1 strawberries
    85p double elmlea cream
    £1 robinsons no sugar
    and Sada id the best place for all three
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 8th Jul 17, 3:57 PM
    • 5,457 Posts
    • 67,211 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    You have my sympathies Anon. I'll be without mine on Tuesday as it's in for something to be fixed on a recall. They need to have it all day and I'm stressing about it already. I wasn't planning on going anywhere but hate the thought that I can't if the notion takes me (or even worse, there's a mega glitch - I can walk to A but the amount I can carry is limited lol)
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    TCB - have a look at the grocery section - someone posted yesterday but its cashback
    £1 strawberries
    85p double elmlea cream
    £1 robinsons no sugar
    and Sada id the best place for all three
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thanks mhoc

I've already claimed the squash....has it come on again?
    Last edited by TrulyMadly; 08-07-2017 at 4:12 PM.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    MSE are advertising a 15% off Travelodge code for anyone booking for the summer:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/travelodge#summer15

The same code is on QC too so you can get 12% cashback on bookings of 2 nights or more (5% for one night) as well.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    There is a new Travelodge opened in York - or at least I think its open as they were just completing it in March. So thats 3 city centre now and one just outside - very useful if you are on the train
    We have just stayed in the new one in Southampton, acceptable for a one night stay and very close to restaurants and shops
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jul 17, 4:14 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Can't believe I got a free knights gold cider at one stop on cos again
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    neither of our One Stops stock it sadly - my COS list is always littered with unfound items eg the fire and smoke chicken from the cop op and the superdrug babyfood ...
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 8th Jul 17, 4:17 PM
    • 280 Posts
    • 3,787 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    I'm making a fortune selling them on ebay

Cheeky

Don't forget my commission
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 4:21 PM
    • 33,040 Posts
    • 442,705 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Cheeky

Don't forget my commission
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    I've had 2 complaints already

"Not as advertised" people are saying

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 8th Jul 17, 4:23 PM
    • 18,385 Posts
    • 194,823 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Meant to mention, if anyone is looking at the "free garden quoits" in the Express (£5.70 postage) they have what looks to be the identical one on Robert Dyas online for £4.99 and there is a 10% code floating around making it £4.49 - great for our grandson
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

203Posts Today

1,306Users online

Martin's Twitter