Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,023Posts
    • 34,648Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 354
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jul 17, 7:49 AM
    • 9,546 Posts
    • 107,650 Thanks
    emerald21
    Everyone in my house wears knickers!!!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    They all wear knickers in Scotland apart from when they wear their kilts I suppose.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Jul 17, 7:51 AM
    • 4,787 Posts
    • 50,225 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 48.15

• hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 8th Jul 17, 7:59 AM
    • 5,456 Posts
    • 67,209 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all

Still oppressively warm and muggy here.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • underperky
    • By underperky 8th Jul 17, 8:02 AM
    • 5,007 Posts
    • 62,431 Thanks
    underperky
    yes.

I went yesterday afternoon.
    1/2 hr to go through the paperwork and sign the consent forms.it took longer because my sister said sally wanted to know the ins and outs of everything.
    It took aprox 3 hrs for steroids and 2 lot's of chemo to go down.about 2ltrs.i had to go for a wee 3 times.not surprising being i had been on a restricted fluid intake..in am at my sister's house at the moment.will go home later.9 lot's of tablet's this morning to take.the chemo ones look nearly as big as bullets.
    Appointment on monday to see a dietitian and benefit advisor.i have lost over a stone already.juust as well i was carrying a bit of fat.
    I may be able to claim attendance allowance under the special rule.i have my chemo schedule. I have to goevery 3 weeks.

Thanks for asking.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    ((((hugs)))
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 8th Jul 17, 8:10 AM
    • 18,385 Posts
    • 194,822 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, a bit more cloud around here this morning but still very warm.

DD and her fianc! are here at the moment, came down from Yorkshire yesterday. DD thought she brought clothes that were cool enough, leggings and a T shirt, sat there baking for most of yesterday. Offered her a dress from my wardrobe but she wasn't having it lol Would have been a mile too big on her anyway, she is a teeny tiny thing, some of her clothes are assize 6 and some an 8, if she wants something roomy she buys a 10 Memories ...........

Sal, I remember how big my FiL's chemo tabs were, I am sure he used to rattle while he was on them. Keep your pecker up and take advantage of all the support you can xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 8th Jul 17, 8:11 AM
    • 4,137 Posts
    • 44,417 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 8th Jul 17, 8:12 AM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 30,683 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Yes.

1/2 HR to go through the paperwork and sign the consent forms.It took longer because my sister said Sally wanted to know the ins and outs of everything.
    It took aprox 3 hrs for steroids and 2 lot's of chemo to go down.About 2ltrs.I had to go for a wee 3 times.Not surprising being I had been on a restricted fluid intake..In am at my sister's house at the moment.Will go home later.9 lot's of tablet's this morning to take.The chemo ones look nearly as big as bullets.
    Appointment on Monday to see a dietitian and benefit advisor.I have lost over a stone already.Juust as well I was carrying a bit of fat.
    I may be able to claim attendance allowance under the special rule.I have my chemo schedule. I have To goevery 3 weeks.

Thanks for asking.
    Its alot to take in Sal. I just hope your chemo ward is lkke mine was, so friendly, although me and Dd did tend to entertain to the whole place.
    I dont know why or how it happened really but we seemed to gain a reputation that we were a bit of a comedy act. It was never intentional but we appeared to cheer the place up. Dd used to drive like Sterling Moss so we were never speaking when we got there. Even the Macmillan nurse used to stick her head out of her office and shout are you two speaking this week
    I used to think I didn't enjoy dd taking me until she was poorly one week and my friend took me it might have been that day I realised I was a non conformist and dd was following suit
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 8:14 AM
    • 33,020 Posts
    • 442,602 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    If ever I colapse, I hope you are near, good to have people that are willing to jump in
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Oh no...I better book in my refresher
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    • 33,020 Posts
    • 442,602 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    How do you know he s a big guy ?
    Originally posted by emerald21
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 8:20 AM
    • 33,020 Posts
    • 442,602 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yes.

1/2 HR to go through the paperwork and sign the consent forms.It took longer because my sister said Sally wanted to know the ins and outs of everything.
    It took aprox 3 hrs for steroids and 2 lot's of chemo to go down.About 2ltrs.I had to go for a wee 3 times.Not surprising being I had been on a restricted fluid intake..In am at my sister's house at the moment.Will go home later.9 lot's of tablet's this morning to take.The chemo ones look nearly as big as bullets.
    Appointment on Monday to see a dietitian and benefit advisor.I have lost over a stone already.Juust as well I was carrying a bit of fat.
    I may be able to claim attendance allowance under the special rule.I have my chemo schedule. I have To goevery 3 weeks.

Thanks for asking.
    I spotted you thanking posts Sal, so was hoping you were ok.
    Sounds like you are having a professional supporting you with the benefit forms which is brilliant. Sometimes you have to know the right things to say to be successful. Macmillan/ CAB are always good to turn to if stuck.

Big tablets

Chin up sal
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    • 33,020 Posts
    • 442,602 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Free Hovis bread on COS

Looks like it's £1 everywhere except morries where it's £1.06 and S £1.05
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Jul 17, 8:46 AM
    • 28,403 Posts
    • 408,672 Thanks
    tweets
    Everyone in my house wears knickers!!!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Even the dog ?

Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Jul 17, 8:56 AM
    • 28,403 Posts
    • 408,672 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Our Poppy off colour started her being sicky yesterday afternoon.

DS arrived our Poppy was by side sofa on her bed and didn't get up to greet him.

DS said that was a first she wasn't herself all night

Goes bed and around midnight some decides they will set fireworks off

So Poppy starts trying to escape through wall and freaking out
    Fireworks eventually stop and after what seems hours she settles and gets back on bed and snuggles up

She still not herself this morning So hoping she brightens up at her nana's .
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Jul 17, 8:56 AM
    • 3,638 Posts
    • 47,338 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Sal (((hugs))) Glad you have support and looking at getting what benefits you are entitled too Take care

JTS hope its good day As other said try not to fret

I am multi tasking, washing and dishwasher on, TABLET being made and I am decluttering the garage in between have a catch up on here as I need a cuppa now and again

Enjoy your day
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Jul 17, 8:57 AM
    • 28,403 Posts
    • 408,672 Thanks
    tweets
    Sally (((X)))

JTS (((X)))

(((X))) for anyone who wants one
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • mike347928
    • By mike347928 8th Jul 17, 9:02 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    mike347928
    A lot of smart price items will N/A against waitrose like the 14p spaghetti in a can, a single banana and a lot of the spices in the world food aisle.

I struggle with fillers too

Bought loose veg, cheap sweets, sugar cubes and sprite or coke which is on offer

Red and white grape I don't drink it so no idea if the others are ok
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    • underperky
    • By underperky 8th Jul 17, 9:20 AM
    • 5,007 Posts
    • 62,431 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jul 17, 9:27 AM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Free Hovis bread on COS

Looks like it's £1 everywhere except morries where it's £1.06 and S £1.05
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    That may explain it.

I had free Hovis on my Q clicksnappy - never appeared on any of our COS or other Qs
    I uploaded the receipt and it was rejected, just said it could not be processed so I uploaded again, same evening and then yesterday I got the same email, could not be processed.
    I've sent it to them again via the email address with 2 more photos and both of the ID numbers - its a short one sided receipt so I don't know what the problem is
    I had a bad feeling about this receipt although there was nothing wrong with it
    Unless its because the price is showing as wrong ...

This morning the little one is still showing above the free Hovis ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jul 17, 9:33 AM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Yes.

Thanks for asking.
    hugs
    As if the chemo was not enough to contend with - then there is a mound of officialdom and paperwork
    mounds of tablets to work through in the right order and quantity everyday and to make sure you have enough of everything
    and yet more appointments on Monday to overshadow the weekend ..
    Mind you the loss of a stone is quite a good thing - if the weight has come off the right places
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 8th Jul 17, 9:39 AM
    • 6,324 Posts
    • 84,021 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Jts hope your results come through quickly xx

Sal (((hugs)))

Hope poppy is fine after fireworks xx
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May

Completed Race for Life 25 June 2017

A huge thankyou to everyone who sponsored me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,204Posts Today

8,730Users online

Martin's Twitter