Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,948Posts
    • 34,469Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 353
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,407 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yes, she was having a nightmare tweets, she kept loading pics of her standing in just her pants
    Originally posted by davemorton
    They weren't pants. They were knickers
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 17, 10:17 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,407 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    We've been out boozing.

Guess who was driving

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Jul 17, 10:18 PM
    • 14,638 Posts
    • 179,657 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    They weren't pants. They were knickers
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Everyone in my house wears knickers!!!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Jul 17, 10:19 PM
    • 3,565 Posts
    • 46,592 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Cant get apg results to print but waities price on Shloer on BOGOF make 2 bottles better than free from asda with cashback from shopmium

Waities 2 for £1.99

asda 2 for £4.40

APG £2.60

Shopmium cashback £2.20

HTH
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 07-07-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 17, 10:38 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,407 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Not a good sign - no scan results today

Now have all weekend to fret
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    oh please don't fret and ruin your weekend. It may not be a bad sign...keep your chin up big guy
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 17, 10:38 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,407 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Cant get apg results to print but waities price on Shloer on BOGOF make 2 bottles better than free from asda with cashback from shopmium

Waities 2 for £1.99

asda 2 for £4.40

APG £2.60

Shopmium cashback £2.20

HTH
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Ooh thank you mrsmac
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jul 17, 10:41 PM
    • 48,674 Posts
    • 566,863 Thanks
    bubbs
    Cant believe how quiet its been here tonight, so im off night
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 17, 10:45 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,407 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    For only the second time in my life I've had someone collapse in front of me.

The first time it happened I was in the market place in Durham and a man fell at my feet. I rushed to his assistance but was told that a doctor was in attendance and I wasn't needed

Tonight we were sat outside having a drink and a man at the next table just fell to the ground unconscious. I rushed to help, saying I was a first aider but was told" everything's fine. My mam's a nurse"

I think my day will come one day.

We left 25 minutes later and the ambulance had yet to arrive
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jul 17, 10:48 PM
    • 16,006 Posts
    • 189,079 Thanks
    mhoc

Waities 2 for £1.99

asda 2 for £4.40

APG £2.60

Shopmium cashback £2.20

HTH
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    but which flavour though?

Its the fillers I have problems with when doing a sada v waitrose shop
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 7th Jul 17, 10:50 PM
    • 16,413 Posts
    • 277,924 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy

The first time it happened I was in the market place in Durham and a man fell at my feet. I rushed to his assistance but was told that a doctor was in attendance and I wasn't needed

Tonight we were sat outside having a drink and a man at the next table just fell to the ground unconscious. I rushed to help, saying I was a first aider but was told" everything's fine. My mam's a nurse"

funny enough,me and MG were just talking about a video on the local news' Facebook of a bloke who just spent an hour and a half doing cpr on a motorcyclist. Sadly, he didn't make it but his plea was for others to go and learn basic life support. I had to do it at work a couple of weeks ago and the timing couldn't have been more spooky
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 17, 10:54 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,407 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    This should have been a cracking womble

A v W

1x Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch Whisky 15 Years Old (70cl) £38.00 £32.00

But was eroded by W high prices on the rest of the shop
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 7th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 16,413 Posts
    • 277,924 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    funny enough,me and MG were just talking about a video on the local news' Facebook of a bloke who just spent an hour and a half doing cpr on a motorcyclist. Sadly, he didn't make it but his plea was for others to go and learn basic life support. I had to do it at work a couple of weeks ago and the timing couldn't have been more spooky
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    I should add that I hope that Mr Unconscious is ok
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,407 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I should add that I hope that Mr Unconscious is ok
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    You never get to find out though do you?

I kept wanting to interfere and find a blanket to go over him as he was lying on cold paving slabs.

Sometimes you have to accept that other people are in control.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 7th Jul 17, 11:17 PM
    • 35,494 Posts
    • 149,733 Thanks
    silvercar
    Have any of you been in the position of having to appeal for your child to go to the school of your choice please?

As you know Lee and family have moved up to a village called Hope which has the best senior school for the area . Well Seren who is 4 has got into the infants school there, Josh who will be in hi s last year in the junior school hasn't but can appeal and Caitlin who is 13 hasn t heard about hers yet.

It's not really possible for their parents to be in two places at once or even three as it is at the moment as they work.

Any suggestions who they could have a word with or what to say when appealing please.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    There is a thread on the family & marriage board about appealing. It mentions a book you can buy that is meant to be brilliant at telling you the right way to appeal. Josh should get a place as a sibling on appeal.

I would guess that MumsNet would also have people chattering about the appeal process. Would be worth phoning the school and telling them you are going to appeal, just in case that encourages them to find you a place.
    Last edited by silvercar; 07-07-2017 at 11:20 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,407 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Sal

Are you ok
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 8th Jul 17, 12:07 AM
    • 14,153 Posts
    • 222,995 Thanks
    zippydooda
    but which flavour though?

Its the fillers I have problems with when doing a sada v waitrose shop
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I've been getting aunt Bessie chips at £1.20 something. Cheapest around per 100g for that make
    Ps in Waitrose to make up £10 spend
    Last edited by zippydooda; 08-07-2017 at 12:10 AM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jul 17, 12:17 AM
    • 11,784 Posts
    • 129,607 Thanks
    Anon
    Good evening. Another really busy week so I have been offline as not able to shop anyway .

Not sure if mentioned - on Shopmium Curiously Cinnamon 375g are try for £1. £2.59 T v £1.50 A, so 9p profit if included in a BG shop.

Hth

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 08-07-2017 at 12:31 AM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jul 17, 12:32 AM
    • 16,006 Posts
    • 189,079 Thanks
    mhoc
    Eldest child not long after she joined her company so she must have only been 23, she did the first aid course, mainly because of course you get paid leave

Very shortly afterwards a chap in her office collapsed and she did CPR, kept him alive until the first responders arrived. sadly he died not long afterwards in hospital.
    Eldest child organised a fund raiser in a night club for his family - his daughter was going to uni that autumn so the money raised got her a laptop - very sad

The following year another chap collapsed in her office again and again she did CPR but this one died in the ambulance

As you can imagine very traumatic for everybody and Eldest child gets flash backs when anyone in her office starts having a very bad day

So doing these work related courses is very important and knowing who is the first aider in your office or in your building.
    Errant son has done a further first aid course to deal with mental health issues - another useful skill set to have
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 8th Jul 17, 12:53 AM
    • 25,459 Posts
    • 299,568 Thanks
    davemorton

If ever I colapse, I hope you are near, good to have people that are willing to jump in
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 8th Jul 17, 5:59 AM
    • 3,245 Posts
    • 30,306 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Is there any bricklayers on this thread, or partners of bricklayer? Just wondering if a quote is too big/small, about right? TIA
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Dd partner is a bricklayer I'll find out for you later.

Sal

Are you ok
    TM I think it may take her a couple of days until she is up to posting but I too hope it went as well as it could.

JTS I repeated a conversation we had to a very good friend of mine and she too is having a go
    Sorry you didn't get your results yesterday.. Easy for me to say I know but try not to dwell on the unknown, it wont affect the outcome.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,004Posts Today

9,500Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin